Pages:
Author

Topic: Inputs.io Is Gone I'm Calling It A Scam - page 5. (Read 8233 times)

legendary
Activity: 4494
Merit: 3178
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
November 07, 2013, 02:07:31 AM
Web wallets will never be secure don't you get it!?!?!? No site is 100% bug free!!!!! LEARN THAT!!!!!!!!
They will once they get deposit insurance. But the insurance companies might insist on independent security audits, and we wouldn't want that, now, would we? Roll Eyes
Activity: 602
Merit: 260
November 07, 2013, 12:59:27 AM
Wow. I just withdrew 9 coins from there within the last 36 hours.

People never cease to amaze me..

why are you pimping inputs in your signature for .20 a month then ?
Activity: 854
Merit: 264
Crypto is not a religion but i like it
November 07, 2013, 12:57:46 AM
Wow. I just withdrew 9 coins from there within the last 36 hours.

People never cease to amaze me..
November 07, 2013, 12:57:13 AM
Bit777 had a thing on there

"Inputs allows us to send Bitcoin instantly and securely without fees, providing a better experience while saving us development time."

Bit777 Team

Another deep concern thanks for pointing that out!  Shocked
Activity: 237
Merit: 101
November 07, 2013, 12:42:04 AM
what about coinlenders?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
November 07, 2013, 12:24:11 AM
Bit777 had a thing on there

"Inputs allows us to send Bitcoin instantly and securely without fees, providing a better experience while saving us development time."

Bit777 Team
November 07, 2013, 12:19:28 AM
I wonder if the gambling sites he has ownership in lost there balances? Clearly a concern for ratings concerns.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
November 06, 2013, 11:57:48 PM
Wow its been a while remember when I started bitcoin I almost used a webwallet but then saw them collapse a few days later and installed QT
From then on I always emptied webwallets that said my condolences to those that lost a lot of BTC

My husband seemed a bit paranoid to me about keeping Bitcoin in a cold wallet but I suppose he deserves some credit for being careful!  He was right.  (Wives never like saying that BTW Wink)  Thankfully I only lost a small amount (.17) that I had received for just having the ad on my page.  Now I am ticked I even advertised at all for them though!   Angry 
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
November 06, 2013, 11:54:05 PM
Wow its been a while remember when I started bitcoin I almost used a webwallet but then saw them collapse a few days later and installed QT
From then on I always emptied webwallets that said my condolences to those that lost a lot of BTC
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
November 06, 2013, 11:51:07 PM
I think bitcoiners finally will learn the lesson - NEVER trust your Bitcoins to the online wallet!
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
Activity: 115
November 06, 2013, 11:30:06 PM

Web wallets will never be secure don't you get it!?!?!? No site is 100% bug free!!!!! LEARN THAT!!!!!!!!

it's ok for me . Just tiny amount
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
November 06, 2013, 11:26:08 PM
Don't use web wallets.

Seriously - it always ends in tears.

Cute Dog.... What wallets do you recommend? I personally use Coinbase.com and that is because they are licensed and a regulated business in California good old USA. You can actually visit the office.

I recommend a local wallet. Multibit and Electrum are decent for everyday handling of bitcoins. For large amounts of coin though an offline Armory wallet split between an air gapped machine and a networked watching machine is probably best.

"For large amounts of coin though an offline Armory wallet split between an air gapped machine and a networked watching machine is probably best." --Could you list some examples?

Well the subject of air gapping a machine has been covered before better than I can do it.

The same has been done as well on Armory's own site for offline wallets. http://bitcoinarmory.com/about/using-our-wallet/

Basically you use a never connected to the internet machine to generate an armory wallet and then generate seeds for watching only wallets you can view on internet connected machines. While their guide recommends electronic media to pass things between the offline and online computer, I'd suggest using printers and scanners with decent OCR capabilities. There is even a daemon version of Armory suitable for web services in case you want every transaction to be manually approved, but the server needs to be aware of balances and allow deposits (This implies there would be a withdrawal delay, but for services dealing in large amounts of Bitcoin this might be comforting as every coin is stored cold).

This is quite the hassle though which is why for everyday spending with amounts you aren't too afraid to lose Multibit or Electrum probably make more sense from a convenience standpoint.  The battle is between convenience and security.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
November 06, 2013, 11:22:12 PM
This is clearly a scam, I again was right from the beginning. I don't only blame TF, but I blame media outlets like coindesk, http://www.coindesk.com/inputs-io-a-high-security-bitcoin-web-wallet/ that vetted it as a high security web wallet. THIS UNACCEPTABLE! I hope they take some blame, for tricking newbies into thinking web wallets were safe. I would even venture to say they accepted a payment for the article.

You all were warned... Now I know what it feels like to be...

I lost some Faucet money in there too.
local wallet is too slow( i means download the chain) . I would slower when bitcoin is used widely.

I thinks the trend will be online wallet (of course we need more secure mechanism)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
November 06, 2013, 11:25:23 PM
Well the free .16 per month was fun while it lasted.  Any other great faucets out there?  I don't really want to advertise for a gaming site though.  This site seemed legit but I guess I was wrong. 
Activity: 115
November 06, 2013, 11:16:37 PM
I lost some Faucet money in there too.
local wallet is too slow( i means download the chain) . I would slower when bitcoin is used widely.

I thinks the trend will be online wallet (of course we need more secure mechanism)
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
November 06, 2013, 11:13:02 PM
Wow, "hacks" seem to happen so often in this community. Still think trusting an anon with a million dollars is a good idea?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
November 06, 2013, 10:42:34 PM
http://bitcoinarmory.com/about/using-our-wallet/

Directions and explanation there are good except until the new version is released you really need 8-16 GB RAM on the online machine.

The new version of Armory is going to be awesome. If you're comfortable compiling source code yourself you can run test versions of it and use the split paper backup feature now.
Activity: 112
November 06, 2013, 10:41:52 PM
Yeah explain more about the armory and the way to secure it the most.
November 06, 2013, 10:41:19 PM
Don't use web wallets.

Seriously - it always ends in tears.

Cute Dog.... What wallets do you recommend? I personally use Coinbase.com and that is because they are licensed and a regulated business in California good old USA. You can actually visit the office.

I recommend a local wallet. Multibit and Electrum are decent for everyday handling of bitcoins. For large amounts of coin though an offline Armory wallet split between an air gapped machine and a networked watching machine is probably best.

"For large amounts of coin though an offline Armory wallet split between an air gapped machine and a networked watching machine is probably best." --Could you list some examples?
Pages:
Jump to: