Pages:
Author

Topic: Inside dark wallet - page 2. (Read 3663 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
July 14, 2014, 09:32:56 AM
They sure do appear to enjoy press and attention which seems odd for a couple of anonymity-focused crypto-anarchists.

Cus they gotta sell off the 50% premine on darkcoin

hahahahha
Activity: 658
Merit: 501
July 14, 2014, 09:06:40 AM
They sure do appear to enjoy press and attention which seems odd for a couple of anonymity-focused crypto-anarchists.

Good. They need to bring attention to important topics such as these to wake up people and make people think.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
July 14, 2014, 06:39:43 AM

thought the same Cheesy
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
July 14, 2014, 05:40:01 AM
GTA
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
July 14, 2014, 05:36:38 AM

I've been wanting to build a self-regulating meshnet using Bitcoin for a while now. Just put some Bitcoin into your router and it'll negotiate a path to whatever you want through whatever other routers it needs to use. If you end up providing more bandwidth than you take, you can end up financially ahead. You could even think of it as a better way of mining bitcoin, if you're one of those who fixate on the monetary reward without regard for its fundamental necessity to the network.

This. In places like China this sort of thing is the only way to create a more democratic net that autoroutes past 'service restrictions'
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
July 14, 2014, 04:09:46 AM
I gave this article a read it was interesting how they talked about cryto-anarchy and the two people who made the Darkwallet code after the fall of Silk road, at the same time they would prefer no government interference and a new system of law where people and cryptos decide the future interesting stuff as they went on a road journey, and I wonder how far it will go as part of the future of Bitcoin developments.

As they said the more they try to trace it the darker it will become.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
July 14, 2014, 03:58:25 AM

I've been wanting to build a self-regulating meshnet using Bitcoin for a while now. Just put some Bitcoin into your router and it'll negotiate a path to whatever you want through whatever other routers it needs to use. If you end up providing more bandwidth than you take, you can end up financially ahead. You could even think of it as a better way of mining bitcoin, if you're one of those who fixate on the monetary reward without regard for its fundamental necessity to the network.

I honestly dont know shit about network traffic, but I dont need to to know how important this will be in the long run, and the beauty of our present society is that everyone is able to autodidact if he has a computer and puts his mind to it..
July 14, 2014, 03:51:50 AM

The problem would be creating local infrastructure to support a thriving network, but that is by no means insurmountable even for individuals
a few countryside districts here in germany are doing this(im looking into german Freifunk atm) and the goto program for meshing seems to be Cjdns, according to /r/meshnet (im not quite so sure it is the best choice however)
July 14, 2014, 03:45:17 AM

DO IT.
This shit is going to become so important down the line, there is no doubt in my mind that once the powers that be figure out there is no stopping BTC and similiar tech on the software front, they are going to attack with more physical means.
Access to a meshnet that allows connecting to the internet and to intranets would be a viable fucking business model if you could protect it from the state and its cohorts, it wouldnt even have to be some idealistic "free" setup, you could easily charge for it if it was cheaper and less hassle then getting barebacked by the usual providers.
Activity: 26
July 14, 2014, 02:58:44 AM
Interesting article, but I think it underlines that Darkwallet and even BTC itself are not the end all solution to the fucked up world we live in. We obviously need a sort of paradigm shift, which I do believe is underway to some extent.

I think our biggest problem is that the tool that is bringing about real intellectual change, the internet itself, is systemically corrupt. Every competent ITalien will tell you that the very backbone of the www is controlled by the powers that be, and this is the main reason why it is possible to surveil us all so "easily"

Without a free internet, all of these projects will be short-lived. The most important goal imo should be the creation of a series of interlinked, publicly held meshnets, something that is already going on in many places around the world (taaki Uses GuiFi in spain f.e, an impressive network and a step in the right direction). We need to bring the same decentralization that is so highly lauded in the software world down to the hardware level.

There are so many technologies that are enabling this springing to life around us, Ive recently heard that you can get a Mb/s over long-wave radio with the right gear?!

Things like this are equally if not more important than amazing software like Darkwallet, tumblers, p2p markets, etc.
Never forget who made the "internet" and do not trust fools that are throwing around buzzwords like "net neutrality" and "packet equality"

July 13, 2014, 09:15:06 AM
There are so many technologies that are enabling this springing to life around us, Ive recently heard that you can get a Mb/s over long-wave radio with the right gear?!

Things like this are equally if not more important than amazing software like Darkwallet, tumblers, p2p markets, etc.
Never forget who made the "internet" and do not trust fools that are throwing around buzzwords like "net neutrality" and "packet equality"
July 13, 2014, 09:08:49 AM
Without a free internet, all of these projects will be short-lived. The most important goal imo should be the creation of a series of interlinked, publicly held meshnets, something that is already going on in many places around the world (taaki Uses GuiFi in spain f.e, an impressive network and a step in the right direction). We need to bring the same decentralization that is so highly lauded in the software world down to the hardware level.
July 13, 2014, 08:59:23 AM
Interesting article, but I think it underlines that Darkwallet and even BTC itself are not the end all solution to the fucked up world we live in. We obviously need a sort of paradigm shift, which I do believe is underway to some extent.

I think our biggest problem is that the tool that is bringing about real intellectual change, the internet itself, is systemically corrupt. Every competent ITalien will tell you that the very backbone of the www is controlled by the powers that be, and this is the main reason why it is possible to surveil us all so "easily"
Activity: 644
Merit: 260
July 12, 2014, 04:13:00 PM
I would be concerned about mixing services. Who do you turn to if they abscond with your bit coin? I think funneling it through multiple exchanges converting it to different currencies several times would do the trick wouldn't it? There aren't really any trust less solutions out there currently.

Nobody. There isn't anybody who can really help you if they steal the coins. Exchanges work fine, as long as they don't give you back the same coins you gave them (usually not the case as they all get moved to a cold storage wallet when deposited). You don't even need to do a currency conversion - just withdraw to a different address and no one will know except the exchange. Do this with multiple exchanges and basically it's untraceable.
Exchanges will generally keep logs of all of their customers' trades so if the exchange were to be compromised then an attacker could see exactly where your coins went.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
July 12, 2014, 10:31:04 AM
Personally, I've never been tempted to mix my coins... they're anonymous enough if you don't post your address to anyone and you're not doing nefarious activities.  Just my 2 cents though.

because you live in a good country, right? and even the "good" ones will try to make everything transparent as hell.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3878992
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
July 12, 2014, 09:49:12 AM
The mixing service are greatly helpful for those who are doing things illegal but the charging are kinda high
Activity: 658
Merit: 501
July 12, 2014, 09:47:32 AM
Amir almost seems like a child who likes to play with fire. I don't mean to insult the guy or anything, but it's interesting how easily he seems to brush off the potential consequences of his actions.

I mean he could probably justify most of the things he does if he wanted to put some thought in to it. Seems like Cody certainly does.

Amir's behavior brings to mind this quote:

"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
 - Albert Camus

From many outsider's perspectives it is hard to understand, but once you understand how unjust and corrupt society is you no longer need or care to get bogged down by the minutia and your personal safety becomes less important than your ideals.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
July 12, 2014, 09:14:56 AM
What is the odd they will succeed and not another hype like darkcoin?

It's a bitcoin wallet, not an altcoin...
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
July 12, 2014, 09:02:16 AM
What is the odd they will succeed and not another hype like darkcoin?
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
July 12, 2014, 07:42:31 AM
Amir almost seems like a child who likes to play with fire. I don't mean to insult the guy or anything, but it's interesting how easily he seems to brush off the potential consequences of his actions.

I mean he could probably justify most of the things he does if he wanted to put some thought in to it. Seems like Cody certainly does.
Pages:
Jump to: