Pages:
Author

Topic: Institute threadcrap fine/sticky for Marketplace & child boards - page 2. (Read 1603 times)

b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
You could try locking your thread after posting the OP, and unlocking & relocking whenever you need to bump.

Of course, offers/questions would have to be in PM then.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
Your "threadcrap fine" is a terrible way to deter "threadcraping". All it does is force the user to create a sockpuppet, spam a few posts, and wait 24 hours (for the newbie restrictions to expire). Then he can "threadcrap" with impunity.

Then what way would you suggest is not terrible? An interstitial warning before posting in Marketplace topics, in large text warning against threadcrap? I'm just trying to work within the system we are stuck with here and suggest possible improvements: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3263534

Institute threadcrap fine/sticky for Marketplace & child boards
But "threadcrap" is allowed in the marketplace last time I checked. You're getting ahead of yourself by suggesting to impose fines.

A user just acknowledged and violated this anyway on one of those threads, and was consequently negrated with screenshot. It's as if people think they can commit any act of aggression whatsoever on the internet and get away with it, and act like everyone else are assholes for trying to do business in peace, not wanting flaming bags of crap left on their virtual storefront doorsteps. I don't see threadcrap ever slowing down unless the forum adopts a variant of this rule and stickies it on the Marketplace boards.
To be fair, you cannot prove that the poster read, comprehend and agreed to the message. Your warning is a flimsier version of "I agree" clickwrap agreements. Also, for the situation you mentioned, you could have very well reported the post to a moderator. The post was clearly off topic. There was no need to take the laws into your own hands, issue "fines" to people, and give people negative trust.

I quoted that rule in a PM to him almost immediately, and he didn't delete his post on his own, he signed off! That's pretty close to mens rea to me, unless you can detect that PM I sent is actually unread.

I'm confused, you say it was clearly off topic and report-worthy, but that threadcrap is "allowed" in the marketplace (impying threadcrap is not report-worthy). What is the difference between "threadcrap" and "off topic" in your mind? I already gave my definition of threadcrap, and my definition of off-topic would be someone talking about elephant mating rituals in a topic about hash rates of BFL ASICs.

The post I deleted referred to a different cryptocoin's sound so only slightly-offtopic in my mind as it is not a direct competitor to the bitcoin sound but still a sound nonetheless, but as it started off as "Nice try but... {here's this better sound design}" that made it threadcrap IMO.

And I could have sworn I was told off by someone on staff/a moderator that I should just self-mod my threads so I don't constantly have to report threadcrap, and wait for the removal review delay. This may have been via IRC PM so you wouldn't be able to see a record of that.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431
Your "threadcrap fine" is a terrible way to deter "threadcraping". All it does is force the user to create a sockpuppet, spam a few posts, and wait 24 hours (for the newbie restrictions to expire). Then he can "threadcrap" with impunity.

Institute threadcrap fine/sticky for Marketplace & child boards
But "threadcrap" is allowed in the marketplace last time I checked. You're getting ahead of yourself by suggesting to impose fines.

A user just acknowledged and violated this anyway on one of those threads, and was consequently negrated with screenshot. It's as if people think they can commit any act of aggression whatsoever on the internet and get away with it, and act like everyone else are assholes for trying to do business in peace, not wanting flaming bags of crap left on their virtual storefront doorsteps. I don't see threadcrap ever slowing down unless the forum adopts a variant of this rule and stickies it on the Marketplace boards.
To be fair, you cannot prove that the poster read, comprehend and agreed to the message. Your warning is a flimsier version of "I agree" clickwrap agreements. Also, for the situation you mentioned, you could have very well reported the post to a moderator. The post was clearly off topic. There was no need to take the laws into your own hands, issue "fines" to people, and give people negative trust.
legendary
RIP Mommy
It's because I self-moderate my threads that I can delete threadcrap instantly, easier than reporting to mods. But self-mod doesn't deter threadcrappers in the first place, and I can't afford to be online/awake 24/7 to delete the unrepentant scumbags. There's nothing easy about that.

It's not fascism to want not to be aggressed upon.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
No person may reply to this thread without paying a 1BTC fine. Should you post after I have posted this, without paying the 1BTC fine, a negative rating will be made against your account by me, and not removed until you pay the 1BTC fine. You may pay fines to 1FascistpopKgMzuXubvKZRwk1WqKjaiY8

(Wouldn't it be easier just to self-moderate the thread?)
legendary
RIP Mommy
After receiving threadcrap after threadcrap after threadcrap on my Marketplace threads, I recently put this threadcrap fine rule in them:

FAIR WARNING: If you post *anything negative without first transacting with me*, you acknowledge 1) that's defined as threadcrap 2) that your threadcrap will be screenshot before I delete it, and referenced in my negative trust rating of you 3) you will pay a 1 BTC fine to remove my negative trust rating 4) if you do not pay 1 BTC, my negative trust rating on you will not be removed, until you do.

As I said in this post, I wonder if trust rating can be separated from scumbag rating, because I'd rather not have to neg trust someone for being an aggressor who didn't steal my BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: