Pages:
Author

Topic: [Interest check] A new funded collectible coin - page 2. (Read 1135 times)

copper member
Activity: 577
Merit: 171
Hey guys

We are launching a new Collectible coin.

Is this the correct place to do the annoucement?
How do we go about checking interest?
Also, we were checking on getting some holograms with "private keys" printed.

Can someone advice please?

We already have the designs ready. We are about to order the coins to the mint and wanted to check if anyone can help!

Thanks
TeamRC

Hi,

I truly hope you "handle" - whatever way that may be, the private keys properly,

If you dont know what that means, and from your OP it doesnt sound like you do...I highly suggest asking the proper method for doing so, documenting the entire process as transparent as can be.

Or better yet, having/hiring a trusted maker to do them for you and apply them, with you or anyone from your team never seeing them and no copies existing after each one is applied.

I personally wouldn't buy a loaded coin from a new maker these days, but thats just me. Good luck with your project.

Thanks!

Hello

Yes. We will be more than transparent. Has anyone created a checklist for this?

We have following ideas in mind:
Idea1:
1. Create private keys , print on circular A4 sheets
2. Load BTC
3. Apply to the insite of the hologram
4. Stick to the coin

Idea 2:
1. Send coins and holograms to (an escrow either Minerjones in USA or someone in UK)
2. Escrow prints keys and sticks holograms to the coin
3. We load the coins (to the public keys provided by escrow)
4. Send coins to the buyers

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Team RC
Activity: 1430
Merit: 513
Why would anyone trust TeamRC to generate and hold their private keys?
OMG!!  Smiley Smiley

So many replies.. Replying one by one..

Thank you for the interest.
Pretty important question don't you think? (probably the most important) You just kind of skipped over it?
copper member
OMG!!  Smiley Smiley

So many replies.. Replying one by one..

Thank you for the interest.
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1752
Why would anyone trust TeamRC to generate and hold their private keys?
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1307

• Are there any known/trusted escrows, that we can use please?
  • Can we do an initial offering where the escrow will recieve payment and once coins are delivered to the final customers, payment is released to us.
  • Are there buyers interested in bulk buys?  

If you would like to offer your coins in the European D-A-CH region, i think you can speak/PM to willi9974 as a trustworthy escrow account and he can also organize a group purchase of your coins if there is a great interest in the coins in the German-speaking area of ​​this forum.
copper member
Activity: 940
Merit: 417
Eclipse© Cryptographic equipment
I like the idea and aesthetics of your proposed coin idea, you have an interested buyer when launch!
legendary
Activity: 2733
Merit: 1181
Hey guys

We already have the designs ready. We are about to order the coins to the mint and wanted to check if anyone can help!

Thanks
TeamRC

Hi,

I truly hope you "handle" - whatever way that may be, the private keys properly,

If you dont know what that means, and from your OP it doesnt sound like you do...I highly suggest asking the proper method for doing so, documenting the entire process as transparent as can be.

Or better yet, having/hiring a trusted maker to do them for you and apply them, with you or anyone from your team never seeing them and no copies existing after each one is applied.

I personally wouldn't buy a loaded coin from a new maker these days, but thats just me. Good luck with your project.

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490
someone mentioned to me about the issue with DC comics characters/symbols etc

https://www.coindesk.com/batman-is-ours-alone-to-exploit-dc-comics-warns-against-using-its-characters-in-nfts

now, the article talks more about NFT's but I assume it is not much different for physical items, is it?

did you all get the green light from them?
legendary
Using escrow is a good idea, especially being a new coin maker.

There are several trusted escrow providers here in collectibles.

minerjones
krogothmanhattan
anonymousminer

are the first few that come to mind.

I also offer escrow services but in comparison to the 3 above, I am very new at it but I love to do it as a service to the community.
copper member
you are in the right place to announce and check interest - sharing pics/specs of the coin would be helpful.

as for holograms - you are not putting the private keys on the hologram where they are visible? I hope not. Private keys should be - well - private.

Awesome. Thank you for this info.

So for the first series we are going with these coins.

• 50 - Gold plated .999 Fine Silver coins at the core loaded with (0.01 BTC each) :
  • 200 - Pure .999 Fine Silver coins at the core loaded with (0.001 BTC each) :

Coins should be minted by April end and available for delivery by mid May.
---------------------------------
@MoparMiningLLC
As for holograms - you are not putting the private keys on the hologram where they are visible? I hope not. Private keys should be - well - private.
We will check how to get holograms and apply private keys (hidden indeed). We are looking into holograms which cannot be reapplied.

• Are there any known/trusted escrows, that we can use please?
  • Can we do an initial offering where the escrow will recieve payment and once coins are delivered to the final customers, payment is released to us.
  • Are there buyers interested in bulk buys?  

Thanks
TeamRC

Activity: 1113
Merit: 265
Byzantine Generals' Problem solved,Prosperity Next
RealityCheck:

I suspect there is a lot of interest and more room for new coin makers. I personally believe this hobby is going to grow exponentially in the next 10 years. I also want to point out a little friendly observation since I believe you really are asking for constructive criticism. You are asking for help and advice, but also announcing that everything is designed and ordered. In other words, sounds like you are hoping we’ll buy what you already made, versus hoping we can give helpful input into your creation.
legendary
you are in the right place to announce and check interest - sharing pics/specs of the coin would be helpful.

as for holograms - you are not putting the private keys on the hologram where they are visible? I hope not. Private keys should be - well - private.
copper member
Hey guys

Thanks
TeamRC
Pages:
Jump to: