Pages:
Author

Topic: [INTEREST CHECK] - Custom Poker Chips, Bitcoin and dates... - page 2. (Read 469 times)

Activity: 408
Merit: 125
What denominations/dates do you think?  I like celebrating the higher values:

$2,500  (white)
$5,000   (red)
$10,000  (green)
$25,000  (blue)
$50,000  (black)

I am open to suggestions though, as I just think this is symbolic to the ever increasing value.

Please let me know if there are any other trusted suppliers out there.  If we order from China, I might make a test order for myself to ensure the quality is there.   We can also use an escrow for payment, I don't mind covering the $ up front (I'll put it on my Gemini credit card and make 1 percent back...lol).   

Let me know if anyone wants to assist with the design of the chip.  I played around on a site that allowed custom creation and did the 50k chip:

I thought it may be cool to have a catch phrase like Bitcoin beats Fiat, as this is the day it beat that price.

I hope others contribute, I want this to be a fun custom item for the group!  I welcome all input.   Can we put Bitcointalk on the front?  I was not sure if we could mention the group, thoughts?

copper member
Activity: 1211
Merit: 250
I'd definitely be interested in a set or 2.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490
I'd buy a set most likely.
Activity: 408
Merit: 125
I had a crazy idea...  What if we designed a Bitcoin poker chip set with $ denominations and the Date Bitcoin hit that denomination?   I think it might be a cool idea to show the ever expanding value of Bitcoin and $ eventual demise.

I was wondering if anyone found a company willing to do custom chips for a decent price, I found one, but it's:

500pcs custom ceramic chips 39mm is USD295.00 including shipping to the USA by FedEx.

I thought maybe someone here would have a better idea, and I was wondering if we wanted to do a group buy (not sure if anyone else would be interested).

I thought one side the Bitcoin logo, each denomination a slightly different color, but consistent design in general.   The other side would have the values we decide, along with the date first achieved.

Let me know if anyone else might be interested, especially if we know of a better supplier.  Hopefully we can get the price down a bit if we do a few sets.

Thanks!
Mark

Oh, and the idea was to have this a set to play with, no wallet or sats assigned (I don't want to compete in that area).   Also, not looking to make a profit, but rather work with other members if there is an interest.
Pages:
Jump to: