Pages:
Author

Topic: Internet would become the most expensive commodity in the world. - page 2. (Read 880 times)

Activity: 1316
Merit: 324
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
in my opinion it will be a little complicated because there are many types of companies or internet services so they will continue to compete for customers unless the one controlling them is the same person.
but such a theory would be difficult, because even people would think that if there was only 1 owner or type of provider.
if there are several internet services provider , price will not be expensive. each companies will give best promotion to their customer  by issuing many discount for new installment. in my countries there are many company, and they try to attract user from competitors by releasing interesting promotion.
Activity: 175
Merit: 102
There is no doubt that internet will be the most expensive commodity in the world in future because as of this moment, we are already witnessing the fast advancement of the modern technology we have that most commonly relies on linking devices into wireless connectivity that uses internet to make things work. In progressive countries, the usage of IoT (Internet of Things) is already prominent for it makes things works easily linking everything that can be seen inside or even outside the house. No wonder that with the consistent public demand and usage, telecommunication companies that offers internet connection will become one of the richest being for internet will be needed by everybody across the globe which will make it more expensive following the demand-supply concept which increases the prices to fit in and follow the consumers needs.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 612

I think Mark Zuckerberg used to advocate free internet access to everybody around the the globe, despite internet cost almost nothing to connect two devices, what is spend during the transmission of internet data are just so satellite radio waves or some wire cable electricity, compare to digging gold from the earth crust, you digging gold you need a lot of men’s power, you need a lot of chemicals, you need a lot of heat to melt gold, a lot of petrol to move the gold, a lot of space to store the gold, a lot of everything to keep gold to what we have today, but it mean nothing. Internet would become the most expensive commodity eventually, you would gonna spend a lot of your hard earned money on internet bills and make the greedy conglomerate who control the entire internet water pipe business and force you to pay all your money to access the internet the entire life of you living on this earth, the free internet is dead, the free education is dead, the toll free road is dead, and we all have forgotten what they promise to give us free water free electricity free healthcare free retirement, soon we will forget we used to promise free internet access to all investors, btw it’s all a lie.

I think people tend to forget about their very purpose with all the things happening around them. With more advancements, products, goods and services will increase in cost. Humans can be very mischievous and unleading. We expect much when in fact we must not. Internet made us all worse but it can't deny the fact that it helped us advance our civilization. Now, the thing is, everything must be balanced. We can't have free things when in fact your country is poor and lacks resources.

Didn't OP just told us its all lies?

I don't know if internet is going to be that valuable in the future. It's almost free now in every city in the world there is what we call free wifi access. But if it's going to be what it is, DENT must be pretty valuable then.  I can't see that going to happen any time which is why we all dumped that token in the end.
Activity: 515
Merit: 12

I think Mark Zuckerberg used to advocate free internet access to everybody around the the globe, despite internet cost almost nothing to connect two devices, what is spend during the transmission of internet data are just so satellite radio waves or some wire cable electricity, compare to digging gold from the earth crust, you digging gold you need a lot of men’s power, you need a lot of chemicals, you need a lot of heat to melt gold, a lot of petrol to move the gold, a lot of space to store the gold, a lot of everything to keep gold to what we have today, but it mean nothing. Internet would become the most expensive commodity eventually, you would gonna spend a lot of your hard earned money on internet bills and make the greedy conglomerate who control the entire internet water pipe business and force you to pay all your money to access the internet the entire life of you living on this earth, the free internet is dead, the free education is dead, the toll free road is dead, and we all have forgotten what they promise to give us free water free electricity free healthcare free retirement, soon we will forget we used to promise free internet access to all investors, btw it’s all a lie.
Perhaps not as much as the internet then the storage space, probably clouding will be more expensive then internet, a lot of data out there and info means power.
Activity: 301
Merit: 3
DAEFROM.com

I think people tend to forget about their very purpose with all the things happening around them. With more advancements, products, goods and services will increase in cost. Humans can be very mischievous and unleading. We expect much when in fact we must not. Internet made us all worse but it can't deny the fact that it helped us advance our civilization. Now, the thing is, everything must be balanced. We can't have free things when in fact your country is poor and lacks resources.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 101
in my opinion it will be a little complicated because there are many types of companies or internet services so they will continue to compete for customers unless the one controlling them is the same person.
but such a theory would be difficult, because even people would think that if there was only 1 owner or type of provider.
Activity: 980
Merit: 62

Internet is not going to be a commodity as it cannot be owned or be broken into pieces.
Indeed, it is the most valuable service that anyone can provide - all the world is depended from it and if it goes down economies are going to break but it will never be a traded asset by anyone.
Activity: 994
Merit: 503
I think they won't charge us for using the internet and their pre-programmed tools.  because customers are still the top priority and they only charge when you use their services.  Don't be so negative about what humans create, it's just something that drives the growth of humanity.  I believe the internet is still the most useful and will be free in the future.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 283
We are not sure about that yet. At a time like this, internet shouldn’t be the most expensive commodity in the world, rather it should be the most on demand. One thing we must remember here: all digital things will lose its value over the time as numerous supply hence I expect internet cannot be an exception Cool.

This is the right time that network providers should reduce the cost of the services they offer, since so many people will be in need of it and lots of people right now don’t have any job doing, they are just staying at home. These people really need to be doing all they can to support, unless they are all evil and lack sympathy and just want to dry people off their pocket. I do hope that this situation comes to an end very soon.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 628
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
I don't think so?? I mean, Internet access itself would slowly become cheaper since more access would pretty much just be available over time. More expenses are being made because those are strictly different from what the concept of Internet access holds. You can freely access the internet to talk to others (social media), to look up information and news and the like. Those are strictly what the internet should be tbh. But different companies took advantage of the Internet as a medium and used it to introduce different ideas, hence the additional payments for like Cloud storage. Mobile data is honestly optional, it's only required when you go outside that has no reception of internet.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 388
Yeah and presently, the internet is leading, though the promised freebies won't come any time soon.

People that now neglect the internet are now seeking for what to do to make money on internet since the beginning of this pandemic which is very sad. Crude oil price which used to very expensive is now depreciating and investors are at loss. Investors in internet service like the social media, video streaming platform and the likes are cashing out big time because people are spending more time on the internet these days.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
I stand with Ukraine.
~
Do you pay am/fm radio for receiving channel to your radio? Or do you pay subscription to the channel broadcast to your national channel? Yeah we were once pay for it, but it’s free eventually, they’re even charging people for advertising on their tv channel, omce upon a time all the major advertisements are broadcast on the tv channel, but you’re seeing more and more of them move into internet and broadcasting advertisement on YouTube, yeah the internet change the entire advertisement industry, so why can’t we have free internet just like free am/fm radio?

There are two options(or, rather, there will be eventually everywhere, imo): you are either paying something and getting ad-free access to the content you need, or it's completely free for you, but you must see/listen various ads. Since the fee for the ad-free access is going to be small(some really insignificant amount for the consumer) most people will opt to pay the money.

Maybe some corporations will be earning millions of USD daily this way, but this shouldn't be of our concern. What should bother us is the quality of the service and that the fee was small enough to be considered negligible.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 258
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
In the present age nothing can be done without the internet As the days go by the internet will rise higher with the times People are so addicted to episodes that they can't go a moment without the internet. If the internet is off now then everything in the office will be closed no one will be able to collect any information so there is no doubt that the internet will become the most expensive product in the world. Without the internet OP will be hampered The price of the internet is much less than before.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 153
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Is OP talking about companies like Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Yahoo and Apple becoming too popular and in high demand that their stocks rise or that the people making use of the Internet for browsing will pay more to have access to the net? I really do not understand what this OP is ranting because for all I know, I pay less on data now than it was a few years ago. And I expect the cost of data to come down more a few years from now.

Just read the title and don’t think too much and too complicated.
It’s just simple, internet will replace gold as the most expensive commodity.
You don’t even need to read any other reply in this thread, because all of them are repeating the same set of doubt, going back and forth, whether it’s egg or chicken theory.
Well OP does not mean anything but internet as we have it right now has the potential to be expensive on later years. However OP, I respect your opinion on this one but I don't think that internet will costs as much as it is now. You see how many cities that is already have a free internet? That  does only mean that it is affordable, and personally my internet is not that expensive at all actually it is cheaper than it is last year.
As the demand is soaring for the internet, the price will be reflected inversely as there is a wide competition among the providers.
Merit: 115
0xe25ce19226C3CE65204570dB8D6c6DB1E9Df74AC
Is OP talking about companies like Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Yahoo and Apple becoming too popular and in high demand that their stocks rise or that the people making use of the Internet for browsing will pay more to have access to the net? I really do not understand what this OP is ranting because for all I know, I pay less on data now than it was a few years ago. And I expect the cost of data to come down more a few years from now.

Just read the title and don’t think too much and too complicated.
It’s just simple, internet will replace gold as the most expensive commodity.
You don’t even need to read any other reply in this thread, because all of them are repeating the same set of doubt, going back and forth, whether it’s egg or chicken theory.
Activity: 534
Merit: 19
As the title suggest, I think it will not. As time goes by, technology is evolving fast as well. It is quite clear that some time in the future where internet is quite a necessity for some teachnology such as VR and stuffs like that, it shouldn't be that high price due to need of accessibility.
I agree with half of what you said but the internet will not gonna become an expensive thing as per your view we are not in early 2000 and there is a lot of price war between the companies which even gives free data for several people. Those internet giant companies will give you free internet as they are earning a lot from your data and search trends for the targeted ads so if there is a high internet cost they will get affected by that so they won't let it happen
The price wars are mainly due to the unfair consumption distributions, some users consume a lot of internet data, some of the consume a little, I’m a heavy internet user years ago, I’d run torrent client 24/7, I don’t brother with fair consumption policy as I will use any software to circumvent the network throttling, but that’s the good ol’ days, now most internet bandwidth are allocated to big conglomerate namely the Fangs, our internet are still very fast, but how long more can we enjoy it.
Prices will follow the law of supply and demand. The more people use the internet, the higher its value. There is nothing free in this world. I think the internet is the greatest human initiative. It helps to connect information and knowledge to people in countries around the world. It makes the world flatter and everyone feels more just. In addition, in this COVID-19 epidemic, people are restricted to going out. Without internet, all information communication or job exchanges will be delayed. This will lead to more severe global economic recession.

Too many people use the internet and will make the entire network very congested, remember there is a time the entire crypto network are so congested that we need higher and higher fee to make transactions, are you going to pay the same fee for internet during the time of congestion?
You sound like you came from a dystopian novel, I don't think that Internet will become an expensive commodity, think about it you the reason Internet is not free and almost anything is that there is a payment for installation, you need for a pipe installation for the water, a wire installation for your electricity. I have to say that you are narrow minded, you always think about getting things free because you are too lazy to earn and I guess that it is easy for you to complain. That is how a free loader sounds like you know. If you always think life will give you what you then sorry to burst your bubble because life will slap the least you will expect it.

Of course I want it to be free, everything in life should be free and we are allowed to harvest the fruits within our vicinity, but some greedy big corporations decide to impose restriction on people who trying to cross into the land under their control, they call themselves the first settler on this piece of land, they didn’t pay a single price for the land yet they’re the lord of that piece of land, and they demand you to pay rent for a lifetime of slavery, how does it feel to you when you’re younger and you getting exploited greatly to enrich them?
Activity: 2338
Merit: 757
My question therefore is where is the issue from that these promises are no longer kept that we are now seeing everybody's in complaining mode.
It's because of the corona virus that we are finally facing issues reaching most of natural ressources. Internet in real costs a lot more of what we may think, but i think it's early to say that it will be the most expensive unless you are sure about the durability of covid19.

It's expensive here and not only expensive there are a lot of restrictions I subscribe to a 25 Mbps for $25 and I'm only getting 1 to 2 Mbps on the first month of my subscription I got all that 25 Mbps but after a few months they restrict me and they only allocate 1 to 2 Mbps we need a third provider here the two current providers we have here are not giving us good service.
25$ for 25 mega !
This is the most weird number i see for this year. It's a record in my opinion. Does anyone pays more than this amount for 25 mb of internet?
I really want to know which countries has the highest cost of internet use.
Pages:
Jump to: