Pages:
Author

Topic: Internet would become the most expensive commodity in the world. - page 7. (Read 885 times)

Activity: 1554
Merit: 115
0xe25ce19226C3CE65204570dB8D6c6DB1E9Df74AC
As much as free internet is desirable someone must pay for it. Some leaders campaign with free internet as a very attractive promise especially for young men but the cheaper its get the more we need it. IMO I consider internet to be getting cheaper than in past years and it is also having more and better uses. Cases like crytocurrency pose internet to be indispensable, now the pandemic forces more use of internet for those working from home.

Getting cheaper? I used to pay for only broadband in the past. Today we pay for mobile data, broadband data, VPN data, anti virus, cloud computing, cloud storage, subscriptions, yyy, oh and you tell me you are paying lesser on the internet? Ironic!
Activity: 2226
Merit: 270
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
As much as free internet is desirable someone must pay for it. Some leaders campaign with free internet as a very attractive promise especially for young men but the cheaper its get the more we need it. IMO I consider internet to be getting cheaper than in past years and it is also having more and better uses. Cases like crytocurrency pose internet to be indispensable, now the pandemic forces more use of internet for those working from home.
Mark Zuckerberg 2013 August
“Data was like food or water, a human right, everyone should be entitled to free basic internet service. The 5 billions people who do not yet surf the web, the p2p communications would redistributing global power, making it possible for any individual to access and share information.”

Mark Zuckerberg 2020:
“Internet should be accountable for enforcing standards on harmful content, privacy, data portability and election integrity.” Some people get to enjoy the (internet/food/water), some people can’t enjoy the (internet/food/water), it depend on the judge(the FBI/CIA) to decide who has the higher handicap to receive the (internet/food/water).
Activity: 31
Merit: 12
~ snip ~

That’s lame if you judge it based on stock market paper market value, why not calling bitcoin the most valuable since it’s once crossing trillions dollar benchmark in term of market cap.

Yes, to be honest that is lousy, I am hesitant to say that BTC is the most valuable "commodity", even though I believe that BTC is (supposedly) the most valuable.

But, we return to the fact that BTC has not yet reached the entire world community. Besides, the world community generally considers the "stability" as a benchmark for determining the value of a commodity. Besides that the general public still has superficial thoughts about BTC even though BTC "it’s once crossing trillions dollar benchmark in term of market cap" as you said.
Yes, I think you are right!
A century ago, gold and oil were the most expensive resources, but now the internet has shifted the two commodities as the most expensive commodity.

If I'm not mistaken, I've read an article that says "The companies like Google, Amazon, Apple, Facebook and Microsoft are the most valuable companies in the world".

That’s lame if you judge it based on stock market paper market value, why not calling bitcoin the most valuable since it’s once crossing trillions dollar benchmark in term of market cap.
I read your post and understood it very well and especially your apathy about the free things promised which are not forth coming. You know what, I use to think that these promises that are not kept are only in  third word countries and continents but we have started seeing also that citizens in industrial countries do also complain about the free things not coming to them too.
My question therefore is where is the issue from that these promises are no longer kept that we are now seeing everybody's in complaining mode.
Nobody is in complaining mode, we are all quarantined and in police/military state, everybody is prepping on their basement. Everything is just as planned.
yeeah I start to appreciate internet more than before but still I think it's too early for these kinda tho'

I enjoy using internet many years ago, when internet was primitive, I can use the internet to my heart content, I can download 24/7, and my internet bills isn’t high too, but now we have mobile data in the mix, we aren’t allowed to stream as much as we like or you’re looking at a bills bomb in the end of the month, also broadband bills aren’t getting cheaper too, the entire internet is plagued with ads ware, bandwidth leeching, mining virus, many garbage data plugin pops up that will used up all your internet quote quickly.
Activity: 31
Merit: 12
Yes, I think you are right!
A century ago, gold and oil were the most expensive resources, but now the internet has shifted the two commodities as the most expensive commodity.

If I'm not mistaken, I've read an article that says "The companies like Google, Amazon, Apple, Facebook and Microsoft are the most valuable companies in the world".
Activity: 2310
Merit: 332
I read your post and understood it very well and especially your apathy about the free things promised which are not forth coming. You know what, I use to think that these promises that are not kept are only in  third word countries and continents but we have started seeing also that citizens in industrial countries do also complain about the free things not coming to them too.
My question therefore is where is the issue from that these promises are no longer kept that we are now seeing everybody's in complaining mode.
Activity: 278
Merit: 100
yeeah I start to appreciate internet more than before but still I think it's too early for these kinda tho'

I think Mark Zuckerberg used to advocate free internet access to everybody around the the globe, despite internet cost almost nothing to connect two devices, what is spend during the transmission of internet data are just so satellite radio waves or some wire cable electricity, compare to digging gold from the earth crust, you digging gold you need a lot of men’s power, you need a lot of chemicals, you need a lot of heat to melt gold, a lot of petrol to move the gold, a lot of space to store the gold, a lot of everything to keep gold to what we have today, but it mean nothing. Internet would become the most expensive commodity eventually, you would gonna spend a lot of your hard earned money on internet bills and make the greedy conglomerate who control the entire internet water pipe business and force you to pay all your money to access the internet the entire life of you living on this earth, the free internet is dead, the free education is dead, the toll free road is dead, and we all have forgotten what they promise to give us free water free electricity free healthcare free retirement, soon we will forget we used to promise free internet access to all investors, btw it’s all a lie.
Pages:
Jump to: