Pages:
Author

Topic: Intersango insolvent? - page 3. (Read 12408 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
March 07, 2014, 09:07:45 AM
i put 16 btc in intersango aug 2012, i withdrew 12 btc to uk bank in the spring time 2013, bought 1 btc late summer, then the alarm bells started ringing i started trying to get all my btc out by verifying a bitstamp account and moving to them. i had delays verifying so in the meantime to get my coins the hell out of intersango i tried to put my 6 btc's into my friends bitcoin account (bitstamp). i waited weeks for this so raised a support ticket and was ignored so i raised another asking to speak to a human and simply got a reply "no" and the ticket shut down. i cancelled the transaction and requested another (the same) and nothing. now the wwwintersango.com site seems to of disappeared. hence why im vague about exact times and dates. do not know what to do? im a big btc fan but have been burnt. Other than a personal meeting with Amir Taaki i do not know what to do who to see or where to go to get MY money out. the normal banking system already scammed our money, btc is supposed to be the alternative to that but money grabbing arse holes will always exist it would seem.

Any help would be much appreciated??
Activity: 774
Merit: 500
Lazy Lurker Reads Alot
March 05, 2014, 09:56:33 AM
To me it looks like the persons behind intersango ran with was left in the exchange.
All these weeks no news nor has the site came back up, i fear its the same as with mtgox they disappeared both the same way
I tried edit the bitcoin wiki, to put a warning and messages about all these disappeared exhanges ( sadly i can not )
Many have been shutdown in a very nasty way gladly i had taken my funds out of them because i became frustrated to see funds added taken 2 months to be processed
When i tried to get the btc out it took 4 weeks, that sort of things make the red flag rise in my experience.
If companies start delay or hardly do what they should and paying takes longer then it should you can bet something fishy is going on.
Activity: 13
February 13, 2014, 10:45:42 AM
It looks like they have frozen any further orders on the site.  No orders are going through, I have two in a queued state.  I have a requested two withdrawals for 1 BTC and 1000 EUR.  No withdrawals are happening.

Checking at Companies House, there is a proposal to strike the company off.  No returns or accounts have been submitted during 2013.

Has anyone had any withdrawals processed recently?  Is anyone aware of any statement from them?

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 945
Merit: 1003
February 05, 2014, 09:27:34 AM
Still waiting (since November) to get my coins.
An no word from support tickets, etc.

That's common theft. Pure and simple.

If I ever see my coins again, I'll update. In the mean time I'll consider legal measures.
Activity: 6
February 05, 2014, 03:30:11 AM
Yes, and at least they should release people's money. It's becoming frustrating with no contact from support and unclear communication on their website.

Is there a place where we could report them? Any consumer protection organization that could take care of it?
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
February 04, 2014, 09:40:47 AM
maybe they should just shut down  Sad
February 04, 2014, 06:02:04 AM
It's hard to say what really is going on with intersango in their recent months. Their communication is vague.

Last time I deposited money I had to wait about 4 weeks for it to be deposited. Then I had to wait for bitcoin withdrawal about the same amount of time (It used to be a few minutes or hours).

They don't reply to support tickets anymore.  Their announcement "The system running the hotwallet has halted due to scheduled downtime of power facilities. All bitcoin transactions will be halted until such time as the system can be manually restarted. " doesn't explain much either.

Anybody knows what's going on with intersango?
February 03, 2014, 02:36:56 PM
it has been exactly a month since I deposited money into intersango and it is still not in my account! Anybody has the same problem?
January 27, 2014, 03:03:18 AM
Intersango announced:
"
Notice: Bitcoin Transactions Halted

The system running the hotwallet has halted due to scheduled downtime of power facilities.
All bitcoin transactions will be halted until such time as the system can be manually restarted.
"
January 20, 2014, 03:00:27 PM
It was a small amount (0.18 BTC).
I cancelled the request two times and eventually the third one has been processed. I don't understand how it works now.
January 20, 2014, 12:19:26 PM
Good news, Cogniti!

Unfortunately, my request was not one that was granted.  I have now cancelled it, sold some of the BTC and put in a request for a much smaller BTC withdrawal and an EUR withdrawal.

Cogniti, may I ask how much the BTC request was?  It would be really useful to know what kind of amount they are able to work with...  Ball park or indicative amounts would be great if you are shy!   Smiley

Thanks.
January 20, 2014, 09:32:56 AM
I have some good news!
After 2-3 weeks of waiting my bitcoin withdrawal has finally been processed/sent.
I've almost lost my hope especially because of the long waiting time and because my support inquiries haven't been responded either (they still haven't been responded but withdrawal has been processed so that's fine with me).
Activity: 36
January 15, 2014, 07:27:49 AM
Has anyone managed to get any funds [EUR or BTC] since December?

Yes I have. As above, my EUR SEPA withdrawal was processed.

I was waiting six week or more, they ignored all my tickets and communications, but when I logged in one day the status had moved to 'processed' and then I checked the bank and it was in there.

So it seems like they have not abandoned ship or anything, but nevertheless they are terrible. I wont deal with them again thats for sure.
January 15, 2014, 05:24:14 AM
Hi,

Well, they say 'hot wallet operating at extremely small amount', so I submitted several withdrawal requests of increasing amounts so that they could use these request to select an amount you could manage. Instead, they cancelled them all and changed the system so that only one request was possible at a time. I requested what I actually wanted [10 BTC] in December.  They have not honoured this request.

Has anyone managed to get any funds [EUR or BTC] since December?

Does anyone have any advice or an acceptable strategy on how best to proceed with withdrawing funds?

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 702
Merit: 503
January 14, 2014, 12:52:39 PM
Took them 6 weeks and they ignored my support ticket, but they did it eventually.
Well perhaps there is hope then. I have a (significant) amount of bitcoin on Intersango which I have been trying to withdraw since late November.
Two support tickets.
Direct email to Strateman.
No response...
-
And to think - I used to recommend Intersango to other people...
Wasn't there a class-action against them?
legendary
Activity: 945
Merit: 1003
January 14, 2014, 06:23:59 AM
Much to my surprise, my EUR withdrawal was processed 4 days ago and is in my account now.

Took them 6 weeks and they ignored my support ticket, but they did it eventually.

Well perhaps there is hope then. I have a (significant) amount of bitcoin on Intersango which I have been trying to withdraw since late November.
Two support tickets.
Direct email to Strateman.
No response...

-
And to think - I used to recommend Intersango to other people...
Activity: 36
January 04, 2014, 09:31:00 AM
Much to my surprise, my EUR withdrawal was processed 4 days ago and is in my account now.

Activity: 32
December 24, 2013, 09:32:15 AM
Hello,
I recently found out I had some bitcoins left in the site and requested a withdrawal a week ago that hasn't made it yet. Any news on the situation?

Thanks.
Activity: 2
December 17, 2013, 04:33:30 PM
I brought bitcoin's via britcoin in 2011. They got transferred across to intersango, i have raised serveral tickets which keep getting deleted or saying not authorised after a while. To many my coins have been stolen as i have had no contact in the last month in trying to get my coins back.... Can anyone help?
December 17, 2013, 02:19:13 PM
weeks waiting for my EUR deposit Sad
Pages:
Jump to: