Pages:
Author

Topic: [Interviews] with Bitcointalk members - page 24. (Read 29908 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 3858
September 16, 2020, 08:39:48 AM
tranthidung,  are you ready to constantly update your table?
I am glad to help you, always but I don't understand what you're mentioning about table update here. With the format I gave you, you can update the table by yourself. Additionally, I can not update your OP. So what's your point here?

I don't want to change the interface of 1 post yet and add a table.
If someone wants to make any other interface or selection, he can do it in this thread. I will post a link to his work in the OP.
So I'd like to skip it.

Because when I built up the table, I thought it can help you to update your OP. It makes less sense to post updated tables inside the thread. It will be covered by many interviews. You can think issue will be solved with links in OP but another problem is it will cause multi-updating posts (just for tables) that are unnecessary.
copper member
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1247
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
September 16, 2020, 05:28:05 AM
Thanks for the opportunity zasad@! Awesome initiative. I feel like I'm in a news TV show being interviewed, lol.

1. When and why did you become interested in cryptocurrencies?
- It was around late 2016 when I started to read things about Bitcoin. Being in a third-world country, it was probably not impressive for the majority during the early times. However, I believe that if I have encountered it earlier, I would still be interested in it as well because of what it offers for the world.

I became interested in cryptocurrencies because of what it offers to the world. Imagine sending money quickly from Asia to America with just a click. I was amazed already. Additionally, stumbling upon Bitcointalk while researching about Bitcoin is a blessing already.

2. When and why did you buy your first bitcoin?
- Around the time, I discovered it as well, 2016. I was still a student back then, and I remember asking my sister for money to buy a particular service in BTCT. It was well spent and successful. If I had a job back then, I would have bought more. That is what we all say, right? Lol.

3. How did you get on the forum? 
- I stumbled upon the forum from another forum. There is a board there with posts for referrals, and I saw something related to cryptocurrencies. I researched first what that is and what I could do with it. The best reference that I stumbled upon is Bitcointalk.

4.1 What prevents mass adoption of cryptocurrencies? 
- Lack of knowledge of cryptocurrencies and the first impression “it’s used for scams” by people who spread negative news around crypto.

4.2 How do you think mass advertising of gambling projects has a positive effect on the development of the forum or harms the community?
- For the forum, it is a positive effect in profit way, I guess. A lot of ads are being shown in the forum that is related to gambling. They bid for it. If you are talking about the members, there might be some people who are addicted to gambling. They can be trying to stay away from it and get tempted from these ads. I hope not.

4.3 How do you consider whether 2-3 years of experience in cryptocurrency is enough to successfully invest or does an investor need to receive special education?
- Receive special education in cryptocurrencies? If you are probably going to be a developer, probably yes, but if not, no need. There are a lot of successful people who raw experience and possibly did not undergo a “special education.” There are a lot of references in which one person can study anything related to crypto, one of which is BTCT.

5.  What do you think of the current Merit system and signature campaigns?  Do they harm the forum?
- I like the Merit System and the signature campaign. I do not know why you are connecting it since it is both different things. One is for the forum; one is for the members. In general, I do not believe it harms the forum.

For the merit system, it improved the total quality. It prevented account abusers from creating accounts and ranking up just by posting quickly. It is up to the actual newbies on how they could receive merit. They could do that by contributing essential information to the forum.

For the signature campaign, it increases the activity of members and the forum. If the signature campaign manager is restricting spammers, it is a positive thing.

6. The most useful forum topic? Most helpful users?
- I listed some of the topics that I have on my watchlist. I included it in my watchlist because I believe that it might be helpful to have easy access to these topics about what I could be currently doing at the moment. Maybe a post by a newbie asking questions related to this stuff, I will link these to them, etc. Everyone is helpful Wink

[GUIDES] on Bitcointalk. Index thread (until there is a dedicated subforum?) by LoyceV
[Guide] Reporting effectively by Welsh
[Guide]How to detect rule-breakers.Techniques and tips. by TheBeardedBaby
TMAN'S guide to getting merit. by TMAN
LoyceV's Beginners guide to correct use of the Trust system by LoyceV
Overview of Bitcointalk Signature-Ad Campaigns by Mitchell
[General] How to earn Bitcoins by Lauda
Ninjastic.space - BitcoinTalk Post/Address archive + API by TryNinja

7. 3 things you would implement on the forum?
- It depends on what the forum needs, and right now, I believe everything is okay.

8. Do you trade on exchanges or invest in projects?
- Yes, I trade 24/7 with Gunbot. For the investment of projects, not really. The last time I tried investing in one, I lost money. It’s better to invest in tools like Gunbot to help you with trading.

9. Tell a story about your big profit or big loss?
- Recently, I managed to get my balance of $1800 to $3000 and withdrawn it. For my most significant loss, I got liquidated many times. I would not say how much anymore. Lol.

10. What do you think about the DEFI ecosystem?
- I think it is another hype that is focused on fundraising again, just like ICO and IEO. I have not dealt with it and researched it.

11. Is your anonymity a vital necessity or precaution?
- It is a vital necessity to be preserved, but sometimes you must do KYC, and you cannot prevent that if you want to use a certain service.

12. The last cryptocurrency book you read?
- I have not had the time to read any crypto-related books but mostly trading books. My recent one is Trading in the Zone: Master the Market with Confidence, Discipline, and a Winning Attitude by Mark Douglas

13. Advise 3 cryptocurrencies/tokens for investment in the next 1-2 years?
- Gunthy Token, Bitcoin, and Ethereum.

14. How much will Bitcoin cost at the end of 2020?
- $18000 hopefully. We could all just hope.

15. P.S.
- Trade 24/7 with Gunbot. Anyone interested in it can PM me. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1187
September 16, 2020, 05:26:45 AM
all you could come up with

To be fair to my dear friend ("/s" - for humourless pricks) peloso, it's probably more than you could write in Russian.

Were I to contribute an interview to a foreign language thread I would supply my answers in English and either request the interviewer translate them into said foreign language (after all, you have to trust an interviewer to give them the interview in the first place Q.E.D.) I would request the interviewer supply my with their translations which I would then run through Google Translate then approve their posting the answers, or, post the already translated answers myself.

I doubt it's broken English that's stopping peloso from answering more that they don't want to be tripped up later contradicting themselves. (or rather their alts)

what else you interesting?  Roll Eyes
you can ask
dont be shy ))

your questions above i cant understand )

Exactly.

broken english has nothing to do with it
i just cant answer ( some reasons )  most of this questions
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 2160
Professional Community manager
September 16, 2020, 05:17:32 AM
Thank you to zasad@ for reaching out to me. I appreciate the effort and I hope I'll be a little interesting to keep readers awake, at least up to the half way point...

I do not remember the exact month but it was sometime around early 2018, I definitely missed the bull run and the price of Bitcoin was on its way down at the time.
The reason I joined was 'curiosity'. I overhead a discussion about cryptocurrency related stuffs (the term was absolutely alien to me at the time). I picked interest and did more research on it, the deeper I went in the more my interest grew.

Full disclosure, I am not one for buying, I'm very frugal when it comes to investing and prefer to earn it when I can. I think the first time I bought bitcoins was when I was repaying a loan I took from @DarkStar_ I actually got a very good deal on the loan, as Bitcoin's market value crashed close to the time I wanted to effect the purchase. This made me fancy myself as a trader for a while and I actually took up courses on it and stocked on trading material, I still nurture the ambition and would like to be an active trader someday.

When I fell into the cryptocurrency rabbit hole this forum was recommended to me by an acquaintance as a good source for crypto knowledge and also a way to earn (more of the latter actually). On finding the forum I discovered the repository of knowledge it contained and I have been hooked ever since.

4.1. What prevents mass adoption of cryptocurrencies?

There are a couple of factors I can name, such as;
• Scalability limitations
• Price volatility
• Legality in various regions
• [Lack of] Availability of smart devices (more felt in EMDEs)
However, the most important one I think is the reluctancy of individuals to take responsibility of their assets and actually be their own bank. People have gotten used to relying on third parties whenever they can and since we went from storing stuffs in our back yard to keeping it in a bank's vault, it has become a norm that would be difficult to break on a global level.

4.2. How do you think mass advertising of gambling projects has a positive effect on the development of the forum or harms the community?

I don't know the particular reason why gambling platforms were singled out with the variety of sectors promoted on the forum. I don't think it has a pronounced positive or negative effect. Advertised sites are not endorsed by the forum and does not really affect its growth. I actually enjoy the freedom the forum offers to users, regardless of their motive of registering; promoting a website, running a campaign, organizing an ICO, etcetera.
What really concerns me is, how a bull run would lead to a large influx of new members including potential scammers/spammers

4.3. How do you consider whether 2-3 years of experience in cryptocurrency is enough to successfully invest or does an investor need to receive special education?

Firstly, I don't think an investor needs any form of special classes, imagining it, I'm painting the picture of a class with multiple slides of various cryptocurrencies showing alternately on a screen. In my opinion, Someone should only invest in what they are actually interested in, special education cannot grow genuine interest. This may be a bad strategy as it limits your portfolio.
I also wouldn't say 2-3 years is a threshold to determine an experienced investor. Some could get their eureka moment, when the whole technology makes sense to them, within a week or a month of learning about bitcoin (or whatever currency they were researching on), some would not get it even after a year and are likely to cut their losses at the glimpse of a crash - Time doesn't build investors; investors are revealed with time.
Experience however increases your resolve. Having gone through multiple market cycles one would be less moved by small changes in charts. After three years an investor should have built up more stoic and more knowledge.

5. What do you think of the current Merit system and signature campaigns?  Do they harm the forum?

The merit system has definitely had a positive impact on the forum. Major changes like the launch of merits and the enhanced newbie restriction has helped to rid the forum of spam and account farms to a reasonable extent.
Signature campaigns offer a means for users to get an extra buck for doing what they love doing, why not? It would harm the forum if users saw it as the purpose of opening an account rather than as an added perk, without the merit system it would have been quite chaotic. With the merit system, it is tolerable.
It could also be an incentive keeping high quality users very active.

• I earlier wrote that, 'this is a repository of knowledge', it is impossible to single out one post/topic as the most useful as there are so many of those.
• Every user interested in genuinely contributing positively makes this cut.

I should prefix by saying the forum is being run quite well at the moment and there is very little that can be improved. But, if I'm to pick;

• Firstly, there is an idea I have always wanted to experiment. I've never liked the layout of signatures in message pages, I don't mind them in general discussion threads, as I actually wear one, but I don't like such advertisements in private messages. Understanably, not all signatures are promotions, but I can do without them while chatting with a fellow member.
An Avatar would be enough to give a user their unique persona (some are promotions, but are less prominent than signatures)
• Secondly, I will implement 2FA. Very recently a bitcointalk user was hacked, bringing account security to the fore, and while one may have to slip up for a hacker to take over their account, it would be much more difficult if profiles were 2FA protected.
• Lastly, a default dark theme layout would be nice  Cool

I am very frugal and do neither of this.

Retrospectively, my biggest loss or regret is not finding out about bitcoin much earlier than I did.

I have glossed over a few articles about it, and so far have not seen anything that actually caught my eye. For now, I don't hold any opinion on it

I am somewhere in the middle. I am not obsessed with maintaining my anonymity but would much rather be and to this end I will take (to a reasonable extent) precautions to maintain that privacy.

Shamefully I'm yet to read any yet, although I've skinned through "Mastering Bitcoin" a couple of times looking for something specific. I mostly learn by reading consice write-ups or listening and watching pod casts or YouTube videos, anything that gets me the exact information quicker

Bitcoin, Bitcoin and Bitcoin. I do not know nearly enough of any other cryptocurrency to recommend it as an investment.

*Looks into my crystal ball* between $14,000 - $18,000

15. P.S.

It costs nothing to be nice. As a newbie on the forum I received guidance and support from more established members who made my journey much more productive. This attitude made the bitcointalk much more welcoming to me - The forum is only as strong as the community behind it.
Looking to the future; Bitcoin is a technology that would transcend generations and this forum should still exist 10,50,100+ years from now as a reliable and efficient community to support the growth of the network.

Regards.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 4213
September 16, 2020, 04:30:46 AM
My proposal for your OP format. I made this table and you are free to use it if you like.  Cheesy

I fully support your proposal.
But on condition that you fill in the table. I will post a link to your table in 1 post.

I do not want to sort the members by rank, merit, reputation or other criteria. I value freedom of speech and any user can express their opinion here.

You don't even need to ask permission for this, just copy the questions and post the answers to them.
A link to each interview will definitely be in 1 post.

tranthidung,  are you ready to constantly update your table?

__
Thank you to all participants, 1 post updated with new links.
legendary
September 16, 2020, 02:18:50 AM
It's in the same order as in the OP, which is chronological order.
Correct! I used the same orders in OP.

I would assume that it would be the better format: if someone were looking for a particular user, they could simply search for them. Right?
I don't know which criteria are used in OP. It likely is chronological orders of interviews only.

My suggestion for order criteria:
  • Registration year: Each period, people have different (common) reasons to join forum. It is interesting to see difference in why people join the forum in the same period. At different periods, it's biassed to compare such (like we should not compare Pele, Maradona with Messi and Ronaldo).
  • Current rank: Current rank somewhat reflects their activities and contributions on the forum (but I'd like to skip merit statistics here).
  • Alphabetical orders of usernames
  • Lastly, but if is chosen, it should be the first one: categorization interviewees into scammers and non-scammers
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 8904
https://bpip.org
September 16, 2020, 12:54:35 AM
Fuck those diptwat wannabe fans of yours, korner (whoever that is?) and Quickseller.

Why let trolls, stalkers or fans control your forum involvement - or even assert that lametwats have any kind of substantive and meaningful effect upon you?  - even quickseller participated herein... It's a thing...

I'm not worried about an effect on myself, rather than inadvertently stirring some new trolldrama somehow. These days I can't even flag a lying piece of shit fake escrow without getting 20 threads of garbage in response.

I don't believe it... must be a different reason... real reason.. you are a party poop!!!!!!    Tongue

Oh that is without a doubt my specialty.

By the way, you need not tell the truth in these responses.  You could make shit up that is somewhat loosely connected to reality, since we are all avatars on the interwebs, anyhow.  AmiNOTrite?

You might be onto something here but (1) I enjoy reading other people's interviews here with the assumption that they're honest and truthful so it would seem ill-mannered to not repay in-kind; and (2) fiction would probably stir up more drama, not less.

In essence, this is my lame-ass way (#nohomo) of attempting to cajole you into some kind of participation, herein.. it is good for the community, and of course, we know that you know how to write and it's not like we are suggesting that you perform an interpretive dance, that might not be your skillset, perhaps? and sure, be brief like peloso if you like, but ultimately even brevity (which of course does not tend to be one of my skillsets) can be a form of creativity.

Ah damn, doing a video of my interview while dancing was my plan but now I can't do it since you spoiled the surprise.

Got your little jab in there, though.    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

That's what I'm here for. Well, that and pooping at parties. Interviews and dancing - not so much.
Activity: 952
Merit: 166
September 16, 2020, 12:40:18 AM
~
Fuck those diptwat wannabe fans of yours, korner (whoever that is?) and Quickseller.

Why let trolls, stalkers or fans control your forum involvement - or even assert that lametwats have any kind of substantive and meaningful effect upon you?  - even quickseller participated herein... It's a thing...

I don't believe it... must be a different reason... real reason.. you are a party poop!!!!!!    Tongue
~

I too hv the same opinion; why deprive us interested ppl to have a sneakpeak into tht mind of your?  Huh

Each of our opinion is far too important to be maligned by fake propoganda; also I nvr took you for one who wud shy away from criticism or be afraid of smear campaigns, so as not to put across your opinion.

My bucketload of popcorn is ready... Do put up your interview...

P.S. @tranthidung like your format OP plz consider it.
copper member
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504
Spear the bees
September 16, 2020, 12:37:06 AM
My proposal for your OP format. I made this table and you are free to use it if you like.  Cheesy
Looks great and I support this proposal.  Can we make it in alphabetical order, (even if it's Legendary, Hero etc rank first, then user name sorted second)? Please?
It's in the same order as in the OP, which is chronological order.

I would assume that it would be the better format: if someone were looking for a particular user, they could simply search for them. Right?
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
September 16, 2020, 12:30:02 AM
My proposal for your OP format. I made this table and you are free to use it if you like.  Cheesy

Looks great and I support this proposal.  Can we make it in alphabetical order, (even if it's Legendary, Hero etc rank first, then user name sorted second)? Please?
legendary
September 15, 2020, 11:36:32 PM

BlackHatCoinerFull MemberLink
FoxpupLegendaryLink
The PharmacistLegendaryLink
RatimovSr. MemberLink
PeanutswarFull MemberLink
webtricksLegendaryLink
philipma1957LegendaryLink
VispilioLegendaryLink
QuicksellerLegendaryLink
yahoo62278LegendaryLink
arielbitLegendaryLink
OgNastyLegendary - DonatorLink
fillipponeHero MemberLink
TheBeardedBabyLegendaryLink
CoolcryptovatorLegendaryLink
actmynameLegendaryLink
UserUFull MemberLink
VeleorLegendaryLink
YOSHIEHero MemberLink
vapourminerLegendaryLink
Slow deathHero MemberLink
JayJuanGeeLegendaryLink
Darker45Hero MemberLink
pugmanLegendaryLink
Timelord2067LegendaryLink
StedsmLegendaryLink
cryptoaddictchieHero MemberLink
sheenshaneHero MemberLink
Royse777LegendaryLink
DaltonikSr. MemberLink
qwertyup23Sr. MemberLink
20kevin20Hero MemberLink
pelosoLegendaryLink
Bitcoin SVMemberLink
tranthidungLegendaryLink
legendary
Activity: 3682
Merit: 10119
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
September 15, 2020, 11:09:16 PM
Feel free to write your questions and suggestions, for all the interviews I will add links in this post.
When will the interview be with suchmoon? Let him dispel rumors that he is a Chinese communist
It's better to ask suchmoon Smiley

Just to make it clear - zasad@ asked me (and I appreciate that) but I refused, one of the reasons being assholes like korner and Quickseller who will dip anything I say into Grade A bullshit and smear it all over the forum. Besides I'm utterly boring and don't really have anything of any public interest to share.

By the way, you need not tell the truth in these responses.  You could make shit up that is somewhat loosely connected to reality, since we are all avatars on the interwebs, anyhow.  AmiNOTrite?

In essence, this is my lame-ass way (#nohomo) of attempting to cajole you into some kind of participation, herein.. it is good for the community, and of course, we know that you know how to write and it's not like we are suggesting that you perform an interpretive dance, that might not be your skillset, perhaps? and sure, be brief like peloso if you like, but ultimately even brevity (which of course does not tend to be one of my skillsets) can be a form of creativity.

To be fair to my dear friend ("/s" - for humourless pricks) peloso, it's probably more than you could write in Russian.

Got your little jab in there, though.    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
September 15, 2020, 10:44:20 PM
It is my pleasure to receive your invitation and sure I am going to answer your questions. It is kinda (un)official and indirect recognition of my value & contributions on the forum from you in particular and from community in general.

Short answer: first time in 2014, second time in 2017.

It is a long story.
Honestly, I heard and read about Bitcoin circa 2014 when the news about Mt. Gox was spread over the Internent, includes my local newspapers. Unfortunately, I simply read news and skipped it (my regret). I believe everyone read such bad news the first time do feel fear of bitcoin. Furthermore, back in the days, Bitcoin was mentioned as a 'virtual currency', that is truly a wrong and misleading term. In my nation (Vietnam), the government control, screen and control what are published on newspaper, Internet (mostly) and they intentionally to seed the term 'virtual currency' and keep it plays as a very first barrier to local interest and adoption with bitcoin (expands to crypto).

In 2017, I got an invitation from my brother in law (who is an IT coder) to invest in crypto. He said he made trial investment from $1000 and got big profits. Important thing is he shows me his belief in bitcoin and crypto, not his portfolio history and balance. In reality, he invested earlier than in 2017 and bought ETH around the DAO hack. He waited for too long and ETH price did not grow well so he sold most of his ETH around $15 to $20, just keep a small amount of ETH to sell it above $1000 later months.

The year of 2017 is when I truly invested in bitcoin and crypto. I spent ~ 2 weeks to research about them, and began my adventure in crypto. I wish I had began sooner.

I don't remember exactly but I bought my first bitcoin ~ April 2017. The reason behind that is not to simply invest in BTC. Honestly, I bought it as a gate into crypto, then buy ETH. People who was in crypto 2017 know how ETH looks 'promising and potential' back in the period.  Grin

Google, sure.

I simply read and did not create my account. I created my account when an influencer in my country provided a tip to join airdrop. He is an expert in crypto, knowledgeable I meant. I followed him for a long time and impressed on what he write about bitcoin, altcoin and the market actions. I am curious what's going on the forum, what is airdrop, how to join, blah blah.

Somewhat, it is my shame to start this way.  Lips sealed

Governments' misleading social campaigns and local laws. They don't like bitcoin, crypto, and sure they try to prevent people get 'healthy and natural' exposures to crypto. Another factor is ages. The elderly always be more cautious with anything strange and looks risky, volatile. The younger population is better to adopt crypto.

4.2. How do you think mass advertising of gambling projects has a positive effect on the development of the forum or harms the community?
It is a complicated situation. First, let's get started with difference in culture and moral principle of the Western and Eastern nations. In the West, gambling is legally but in the East (or at least in my nation) it is illegal. Moreover, Buddism is more popular in Eastern nations and gambling is one of unaccepted things in the Buddism.

To expand, it is similar when someone shill projects or simply wear a signature of a shit project (mostly scam), it looks like "Oh I wear it, and I don't do anything more. People have to be responsible for their decisions". I thought of it the same (back in past, I did not understand how bad shit altcoins are). Now, my minds change and I think people should not promote for scam projects.

4.3. How do you consider whether 2-3 years of experience in cryptocurrency is enough to successfully invest or does an investor need to receive special education?
Maybe up to 4 years. Education and learning is important basics but they are beginnings. To be survive in crypto, people need to practice and get losses. Vital point is "Don't use all your money to invest. As said, you will get losses so let's start with small fund, and accept losses, get lessons and improve yourself". All in investment, you have a single chance (mostly a death penalty). Not all-in investment, you can have 10, 20, 30 chances.

5. What do you think of the current Merit system and signature campaigns?  Do they harm the forum?
Merit system works perfectly. It works as it was planned to do. I do see chances to earn merits recent months are easier than the past. Newbies should take it as motivation reward and keep up working, keep the forum clean. [1] see evidence from statistics

Signature campaign, it is good if participants be aware of what they are doing. It is not their homes, and can be shutdown anytime. So to keep their chances to earn money here, they have to contribute.

Most useful forum topic: It's hard to say. Rules of course. However, I'd share the 3 inspirational topics:

Most helpful users: LoyceV (help me a lot), DdmrDdmr, pooya87, o_e_l_e_o, TheBeardedBaby, fillippone (a rising star), wwzsocki (who helped when I was in trouble), Hhampuz (very kindful guy & professional manager).

• Increase the exposure of Welcome message as requested there
  • I'd like to see demotions on users who are actively post, and don't get enough minimum merit. Maybe recount after 6 months or 1 year. Shitposters can not rank up high nowadays but old-era shitposters are still spamming (because they are not demoted).
  • A new rank above Legendary for members have 4000+ earned merits.

Both. I allocate most of my capital for investments.

Big profit: in ETH and DASH in 2017.
Big loss: with a flash crash of DASH (I used margin trade). The crash happened within minutes. I left my computer to eat my lunch, when I came back, it's gone even the price bounced to the range before the crash. Price was dropped about a bit less than /3  Cry

Scam and hype. People who was in crypto long enough should know the stake and masternode hype trend. It is similar somewhat.

Sure, important or vital. The level of its meaning increases during your time on Internet. Newbies don't care about anonymity at start. Anonymity can not be recovered if you lose it at start!

Mastering Bitcoin, 2nd edition (Andreas M. Antonopoulos). More sources are there

Bitcoin, sure and please let me partially skip the question. I don't want to make a investment advice here.

It would be somewhere around $14000.

Thank you for the interview (zasad@) and for your reading time, all you guys.

Edit:

I edited to update with evidence for my statement that earning merits nowadays are easier for newbies than in the past (before mid of 2019).
[1] Chronological changes of top 200 merit receivers / senders since Jan 2018
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
September 15, 2020, 07:48:24 PM

Were I to contribute an interview to a foreign language thread I would supply my answers in English and either request the interviewer translate them into said foreign language (after all, you have to trust an interviewer to give them the interview in the first place Q.E.D.) I would request the interviewer supply my with their translations which I would then run through Google Translate then approve their posting the answers, or, post the already translated answers myself.

I doubt it's broken English that's stopping peloso from answering more that they don't want to be tripped up later contradicting themselves. (or rather their alts)

what else you interesting?  Roll Eyes
you can ask
dont be shy ))

Exactly.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1187
September 15, 2020, 05:40:10 PM
Not exactly "War and Peace" now is it?  After all your huffing and puffing,

THIS:

is all you could come up with?   Roll Eyes

what else you interesting?  Roll Eyes
you can ask
dont be shy ))

legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 4126
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
September 15, 2020, 05:33:23 PM

1: New rank, I'm getting bored as there's no higher ranks to aspire to acquire. Sorry for been selfish 😁
2: More local boards.
3: Demerit.

I do both but not that good at any 😁.

Loss: [Curve DAO Token] Be careful with this project lost ~0.17BTC ~ $2000 trading it.
Profit: Yet to come.

Reserved my comment as I'm still studying/experimenting on the sector

Just a precaution for the time been.

Unfortunately I haven't read any.

Bitcoin, Ethereum and Binancecoin

>$13,000

15. PS,  Don't make the same mistakes I did, hold onto your Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597
September 15, 2020, 04:40:27 PM
Hi zasad@, it's my pleasure to take part of this interview. Thank you so much for giving me the chance. Smiley

Late 2013, when Bitcoin hit the ATH at the time of over $1k. It seemed insane to know that a digital currency could be worth that much, so I started digging up as much information as I could and almost instantly started looking for ways to earn my first satoshis on my own.

My first coins weren't bought but earned through faucets and gambling. It was in either Dec 2013 or Jan 2014. To be honest, with every single satoshi I earned I was more and more excited to be part of this journey.

Sincerely, I have absolutely no idea how I found out about the forum. The closest thing I can remember is that PrimeDice usually hosted giveaways and you had to own a Bitcointalk account. This might be it.

Mass adoption will never happen due to the decentralized nature of cryptocurrencies. Unless there is at least some level of control authorities could earn, it'll be pushed back as much as possible while the governments are looking for ways to somehow add an artificial trusted third party into the game. That is regulations and, most of all, KYC.

I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing. The answer to this is on a case-by-case basis. I have been there and, honestly, gambling is one of the ways I've been "abducted" by this community. As I answered to the third question, it's probably gambling who I should thank for bringing me onto this forum.

On the other hand, we have addiction which certainly is a bad thing that could turn your life upside down in no time. However, let's face the truth: those who are going to be baited by crypto gambling would've probably been baited at one point in their lives by gambling anyway.

I personally have almost 7 years of experience right now and I still don't think I have the necessary education to be a great investor. The volatility of crypto markets are way too high not to be tempted to take actions you otherwise wouldn't have taken. Now that we're in the middle of the DeFi hype, I don't even want to imagine how many people who've been hodling solely Bitcoin until few months ago have turned to DeFi and screwed up completely.

Besides the above statement, I believe there's more to it than just experience. Some people simply can't abstain from selling during large drops or purchasing during booms. While some people do get rid of this bad habit through experience, there are others who simply aren't fit enough to be investors and unfortunately lose a large part of their money.

The current Merit system is fair enough in my opinion. It certainly did slow down all shitposters significantly and makes them understand Bitcointalk isn't all about signature campaigns and bounties. I've been there myself and I know how tempting it is to create an account to just post crap and expect to earn from it, and I honestly wish there was a Merit system at the time. It makes you look for the answers yourself to questions such as: "Why am I not ranking up?".

Signature campaigns are double-edged swords. On one hand, I personally believe they are more than welcome especially for members such as LoyceV who truly deserve to be rewarded for all the time they've spent on here. I think of these campaigns as some kind of rewards for the work you've done on the forum. On the other hand, they surely do bring waves of soon-to-be shitposters and spammers. But going back to the "reward" part of this paragraph, I am not very sure top-tier members would spend as much time on the forum as they spend today if sig campaigns were not to exist. They may not afford to spend as much on the forum and the reason is very simple: time is money.

I do not think there is a specific topic I consider to be the most helpful. There are so many it's hard to pick. If there was a board I'd choose, however, it'd be Beginners & Help and Scam Accusations. Beginners & Help for so much useful information and Scam Accusations for whenever you're looking whether a service is a scam or not. For the most helpful users.. I guess this is represented quite accurately by the list of top Bitcointalk Merit earners.

All the current things I'd like to be implemented are being worked on already and will be pushed to the new forum system.

Not really. Sometimes I do, whenever I feel like it represents a good opportunity. However, after many years of trading shitcoins, I came to the conclusion that I would have been much better off if I had held everything I ever owned solely in BTC. With shitcoins, you mostly only get a false feeling of profit while forgetting about Bitcoin, the king itself.

My only very large sudden portfolio changes have been during 2017, and they are all mostly paper losses/profits. That was when I learned what hype means and why it's so financially damaging. Otherwise, my largest actual loss was through an infected PrimeDice bot which stole 0.001BTC from me. Cheesy

I haven't studied it in-depth and I will probably not do so anytime soon. I am mostly waiting for the hype to cool down, after which I might be interested in DeFi unless it dies out like ICOs. Unfortunately, my gut feeling says studying DeFi would turn out to be a big waste of time considering how hyped up it is.

I'm not hiding from anyone or anything, but I believe it's important to both us as a society and Bitcoin.

People are starting to neglect their privacy way too much, and that is very concerning. If many years ago many used fake usernames for their e-mail addresses or forum usernames in order not to give up their personal information, nowadays we have Facebook accounts containing so many people's entire history of everything you will, from friendships to stuff they like, from their hometown and family members et cetera. Bitcoin solves this problem, partially. If these institutions and corporations collect your data, why not at least cut the ties with your bank and start having more financial freedom and privacy?

And then, privacy and anonymity is vital to Bitcoin's existence. If we neglect privacy, we don't need Bitcoin as we're going to soon have CBDCs - and trust me, they're going to be fast, easy to learn & use with close to zero fees and so convenient the society will love them. Bitcoin will not be Bitcoin anymore if we give up our privacy. It doesn't bring me any kind of advantage to own some coins if the government will consider me a suspect for not having my coins linked to my personal identity.

Unfortunately, I never took part of my free time to start reading cryptocurrency books. I do have to do this at one point in the future for sure though.

Bitcoin and Monero are the ones I trust the most and I'd advise anyone to purchase as soon as they acknowledge the risks. Bitcoin because it's the King and will likely not be rejected by the society thanks to its pseudonymous nature, while Monero is amazing for the anonymity it offers. The main drawback of Monero is exactly the most fascinating thing about it: anonymity will always be the government's enemy.

Haha, this is going to be fun for sure. Last time I have publicly predicted Bitcoin's price, it turned out to be a massive success as my prediction was that it'd hit $20k by the end of the year - the price being around $700 at the time IIRC. Smiley

I personally believe Bitcoin will be relatively "stable" until the end of the year. By stable, I mean it will not move past $15k for a long time. If there's a prediction I'd make, it's that by the end of 2021 it'll be worth between $80,000 and $120,000. But I will not promise I'd eat my sexual organ otherwise. Cheesy

15. P.S. (Optional)
I'll give here a little advice to the newer members of the community: follow the simplest rules you always hear. Buy low & sell high, never invest more than you can afford to lose, not your keys - not your Bitcoins etc. These are simply golden rules of cryptocurrencies and, as long as you follow them, you should be doing more than fine. I know that Bitcoin's rise from genesis 'till today seems impossible and you wish you knew about it back in 2009, but back then nobody even knew whether it's going to be more than just a tech geek's hobby the same way you have no idea right now what Bitcoin will turn into within a decade.

Read, read, read. Learn as much as you can about everything crypto-related, because the more knowledge you have.. the better choices you make. And last but not least, don't rush any profits no matter how tempted you are. Slower sometimes means better and healthier. Happy hodling! Smiley
Activity: 626
Merit: 234
September 15, 2020, 01:10:58 PM
Interview with Bitcoin SV

On 2018

My first bitcoin was not buyed, it's mined

BSV Promoter

BTC Monopoly prevents mass adoption of cryptocurrencies. BTC is not the only one cryptocurrency in the world

Gambling projects has a positive effect to forum. Gambling is a part of the cryptocurrency ecosystem that cannot be denied

1 month of experience in cryptocurrency is enough to successfully invest for clever man

Off course they harm the forum. Look at the forum now. Corruption, bribes and escrow mafia occupied this forum

Scam Accusations section is most useful forum topic

Verification (3 KYC Levels), Limitation of rights for escrow-occupied users

Trading, Investing, Development

Very big profit was on BTC hardfork at 2017

Satoshi’s Vision: The Art of Bitcoin (Author: CSW)

about 20k

15. P.S.
Get involved with cryptocurrencies. Take part in mass adoption.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 8904
https://bpip.org
September 15, 2020, 12:32:59 PM
Feel free to write your questions and suggestions, for all the interviews I will add links in this post.
When will the interview be with suchmoon? Let him dispel rumors that he is a Chinese communist
It's better to ask suchmoon Smiley

Just to make it clear - zasad@ asked me (and I appreciate that) but I refused, one of the reasons being assholes like korner and Quickseller who will dip anything I say into Grade A bullshit and smear it all over the forum. Besides I'm utterly boring and don't really have anything of any public interest to share.

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
September 15, 2020, 10:45:28 AM
Not exactly "War and Peace" now is it?  After all your huffing and puffing,

THIS:

is all you could come up with?   Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: