Pages:
Author

Topic: Introduce yourself :) - page 20. (Read 1065949 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
April 24, 2013, 11:03:45 PM
Number 2
Activity: 6
April 24, 2013, 10:53:43 PM
Well it does not seem to be working yet....

Hello everyone!

Just getting into NerdCoin. Name's Jill, from Seattle.

I'm mining with my gaming PC in Slush's pool. It's a real pain. I haven't been able to play Crysis 3 yet. Mining is taking over my life Cry

Hi Jill,
I'm in the same boat, just not with Crysis 3. I'm mining on my gaming machine. Nice to meet you.

Activity: 16
April 24, 2013, 10:49:44 PM
Howdy,

I'm a relatively new user of bitcoin - bought 10 BTC in mid 2011, and was surprised when their purchasing power was suddenly much higher.

I'm somewhat well read in cryptography, mostly Bruce Schneier's various books (Cryptography Engineer is my most recent read), and I'm a big fan of the concept behind BTC.

I'm still trying to get my head around the economics involved - I guess my current understanding is that the currency is designed to self-regulate with a controlled rate of inflation for some time until all BTC are mined, while miners will compete forever for bigger shares of the current pool of total processing power.

I've put in an order for an ASIC miner, mostly because I find it interesting (I ordered a single from BFL, but from reading around, I shouldn't hold my breath on a delivery date). If it's not economical to mine by the time it shows up, I might try using it for other fun brute-force SHA256 applications (not sure how hard that will be, but hey, why not give it a whirl?).

I'm a somewhat experienced software developer, and distributed systems like this are a lot of fun for me.

-btccontractor
Activity: 11
April 24, 2013, 10:48:25 PM
Hey guys. Really excited to learn more about bitcoin.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Don't try to look tough Dollface
April 24, 2013, 10:43:51 PM

Hello everyone!

Just getting into NerdCoin. Name's Jill, from Seattle.

I'm mining with my gaming PC in Slush's pool. It's a real pain. I haven't been able to play Crysis 3 yet. Mining is taking over my life Cry
Activity: 8
April 24, 2013, 10:38:58 PM
Hello all,

My name is Sean.

I've lurked this forum for about a year now.

I've made a tool for analysing bitcoin stocks and wanted to get some feedback by posting it here.  I guess I need to wait until my post count is higher before I make a thread over in the Securities sub-forum.

Nice to finally have a voice here though!  I expect this will be my new full time forum, and I hope to be a help to everyone and Bitcoin in general.

Cheers!
Activity: 23
April 24, 2013, 10:38:41 PM
April 24, 2013, 10:33:53 PM
I make it short Freedom Roll Eyes
Activity: 11
April 24, 2013, 10:32:10 PM
Hi everyone,

Building my first rig and came across this site for the DIY avalon thread.  Hope I can contribute.

Cheers
Activity: 5
April 24, 2013, 09:59:17 PM
Hi all, new member here (but I guess you figured that out because I'm posting in "newbies" ...).  Waiting for dwolla and Mt. Gox to agree that I can be trusted to actually join the BTC movement.   Huh
April 24, 2013, 09:45:08 PM
please do so! and get a post Smiley
don't be so negative, the 5-post-4-hour-rule is there for a reason: to get rid of the trolls. NOT to piss newcomers off.

relax take it easy and smile. Cheesy

Mod note:
If you see anyone spamming this thread, please report it. Spam will result in an immediate ban.

I have been around these forums for quite a while but finally got off my lazy chair and got an account set up and ready to go.

Just wanted to tell everyone hello and that I will be spending a good bit of time helping to contribute to the community by answering questions that I have learned in my experience with business + bitcoins + ammo!

Thanks,
Craig
Activity: 40
April 24, 2013, 09:40:04 PM
Hello everyone, I'm spoonbender. New to bitcoin, and excited to learn all about it!
Activity: 18
April 24, 2013, 09:38:30 PM
I feel like a spammer getting post count like this

Agreed, seriously.
Activity: 35
April 24, 2013, 09:37:15 PM
Hi, I'm salviel. I've been a small time bitcoin miner and trader since 2010. Have been much more active in the last few months. Unfortunately I am pretty bitcoin poor atm, but I've managed to get a small amount of ASICMINER-PT over on Btc-t, and am really loving the dividends. Currently mining altcoins and wondering if it is too late to get an ASIC myself.

I've read plenty of posts on bitcointalk, but only now have had the motivation to make an account.
Activity: 8
April 24, 2013, 09:37:05 PM
I feel like a spammer getting post count like this
Activity: 5
April 24, 2013, 09:32:16 PM
hey Cheesy
Activity: 14
April 24, 2013, 08:49:21 PM
CryptoTrader... I have been buying and selling these for a long tim, but am new to this site, have checked it out in the past... I like it here though, hope to learn about up and coming alts...
Activity: 284
Merit: 101
April 24, 2013, 08:03:51 PM
Been reading for several months, but did not post any....
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
< My mining rig >
April 24, 2013, 07:54:30 PM
Ive been a forum member for years, since before newbie jail existed, but only realised i was in it when I couldnt post.

Now that's lurking  Grin
Activity: 10
April 24, 2013, 07:08:03 PM
Ive been a forum member for years, since before newbie jail existed, but only realised i was in it when I couldnt post.
Pages:
Jump to: