Pages:
Author

Topic: Introducing Bitbills! - page 2. (Read 32553 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
January 23, 2012, 07:34:02 PM
I wrote them asking if they were interested in a $500 share of the hologram order, and they declined.  Those holograms could have been used as the squares they already put in their prior batch of BitBills, would have added a neat touch.

They said they don't want to commit "that much money" until they know for sure what they want to do.

I suppose it's a matter of priorities.  Their product seemed to be of pretty high quality such that I wouldn't think of the producers of such a good product to be worried about $500, knowing full well there's a demand for it.  I take it as a sign that they might not produce them for whatever reasons of their own.
Think you could offer a bank card since it seems bitbills isn't selling anything yet?

You could even sell cards that have the same public key as a bar or coin. I could stick the bar somewhere safe (like in a literal safe) and carry around the card.  If I want to make long term deposits or just show off bitcoin, I just scan a QR code on my card and I'm done.  No need to have the private key even on the card.

If I need to send BTC, I would use a normal client or your coins. The bank card would allow easy secure storage (assuming I trust you Wink )
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
January 23, 2012, 05:36:40 PM
I wrote them asking if they were interested in a $500 share of the hologram order, and they declined.  Those holograms could have been used as the squares they already put in their prior batch of BitBills, would have added a neat touch.

They said they don't want to commit "that much money" until they know for sure what they want to do.

I suppose it's a matter of priorities.  Their product seemed to be of pretty high quality such that I wouldn't think of the producers of such a good product to be worried about $500, knowing full well there's a demand for it.  I take it as a sign that they might not produce them for whatever reasons of their own.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 340
January 23, 2012, 05:17:53 PM
I made a bet stating that bitbills.com will reintroduce sales this year. http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=245
Merit: 340
January 01, 2012, 04:31:41 AM
I'm just showing my support and letting llama know that I'm still excited for Bitbills to get back up and running. I will be making purchases when they do so.

I really hope the business gets back online shortly. It seems to me like you're preparing, what with the new website design(as of September) and the development of a mobile app to cash in the Bitbills.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
November 28, 2011, 11:25:33 PM
Me running them out of business would look more like them offering to sell their product, but no one buying it.

I guess casascius ran them out of business for the time being.

vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
November 28, 2011, 11:12:30 PM

I doubt that.  I had a chat with llama not too long ago.  Seems to me they are not able to produce their product, I am not sure what's wrong.  Me running them out of business would look more like them offering to sell their product, but no one buying it.  What you see is the exact opposite.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
November 28, 2011, 10:57:12 PM
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1129
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
November 28, 2011, 04:55:48 PM
What is the status of this project?  I would like to buy some but the purchase page is still disabled?  Any idea if/when you might be up and running again?
Activity: 490
November 02, 2011, 11:38:17 AM
It would be more interesting if you offer a gift card without its value printed. So customer can send any amount BTC to it and gift to someone.
September 26, 2011, 07:35:50 PM
The bank and payee cards are awesome, too!

I was looking into using bitcoin-off-the-grid as a way to securely save my coins, but the bank card looks even easier.
September 26, 2011, 07:22:29 PM
This is a great idea. The only problem I see right now is that redeeming these cards requires patching the bitcoin client. Hopefully that patch will be pulled soon.

It looks like a webcam/image based qr reader isn't too hard to implement. http://www.webqr.com/ has a simple flash + javascript implementation.  It would be neat if you could redeem and check these cards through bitbills.com.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
September 18, 2011, 10:33:36 PM
I'm pretty sure these guys ran away with our money. 

Why do you think this?

They just got a new web site a week ago... what money of yours did they run away with?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
September 07, 2011, 05:20:36 PM
maybe ask the bitcoin atm guy, he's on here.  Forgot his name. 

Seems like the atm is built around bitbills, if they just disappeared he would know.
legendary
Merit: 1005
September 07, 2011, 05:03:02 PM
It wouldn't surprise me, given the way things have been going for bitcoin lately...
Activity: 284
Merit: 250
September 07, 2011, 03:41:31 PM
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!
September 07, 2011, 01:56:37 PM
Anyone feel like commenting on the status of the coins they've converted to BitBills? IOW, checking out the public address on a card you own to see if the coins are still there?

I had really wanted to get a low-denomination one, for the novelty if nothing else...
kgo
Activity: 548
September 03, 2011, 03:44:09 PM
How long is the wait for brass bitbill bank cards right now?

I'm still waiting on my brass and aluminum cards.  Have other people got theirs?  Are they still waiting?
legendary
Activity: 873
Merit: 1000
August 23, 2011, 06:40:50 PM
REALLY need a no brainer way to "redeem" bitbills.

kind of like how coinedbits does it?  "enter bitcoin code" http://coinedbits.com 

Would really like to have a secure way to "test" your public/private keys.

i suppose you could spend it giving the bill's own address as the output
Activity: 133
Merit: 10
August 23, 2011, 12:10:44 AM
REALLY need a no brainer way to "redeem" bitbills. Would really like to have a secure way to "test" your public/private keys. Loading 500btc on a "bank card" and having one private key character be fudged up would be tragic.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1002
August 17, 2011, 02:30:23 AM
I think they're busy making bitbills for the bitcoin ATM
Pages:
Jump to: