Pages:
Author

Topic: Introducing Bitcoin Theme ~ Hand Tooled Leather Wallets - page 3. (Read 17305 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
OK sorry it took me so long but here is a 800x600 jpg of my wallet. I took this photo with my mobile phone so it might be of the best quality:
I took out all the cards are reading your little joke lol... good thing you mentioned that Wink

http://www.perth-exchange.org/2011-08-30%2021.41.41.jpg

As you can see I have a zipped coin compartment. I can't use a wallet that doesn't have one as sometimes I can be carrying up to $20 just in coins.
Activity: 185
Merit: 121
I like the hashed wallet but here in Australia coins are a really big thing because we have all our 5c,10c,20,50,$1,$2 coins etc. My current wallet has a zip section for coins.

Yeah but it's such a pain between the butt cheeks to actually carry that coinage in a little zip pouch inside the wallet. It aways bulges too much. It's hard to sit on (when carried in the back pocket) and really isn't good treatment on the wallet. I always keep my coin change in a front pants pocket anyhow. Only notes/cards go in the wallet.

Hey Bruno! I wouldn't mind picking up one of those lovely wallets (one with the big bitcoin logo on the front). They really are beautiful and I can see the quality just oozing out of them. I want to pay in bitcoin though, that's what we're all here for after all. Also if you want to have a couple on display at the Aust. Bitcoin Expo, I am happy to take orders. That goes for anybody with genuine hand crafted products (not middleman retailing of Chinese imports). Also, I need a good leather whip for my new girlfriend. I haven't found her yet but I'll know her from the way she responds to the whip. Tongue

Quick note: I don't do the hand tool leathering--my brother-in-law Martin Basurto does...  Martin's into the leather [scene] whereas I'm into paddles wood

Oh! and I thought you were the leather guy.  Roll Eyes Well hows about some displays of your woodwork handicrafts? Hmmm? Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
I like the hashed wallet but here in Australia coins are a really big thing because we have all our 5c,10c,20,50,$1,$2 coins etc. My current wallet has a zip section for coins.

This is interesting. As an American, I think like an American. It never occurred to me that different countries may have different wallet designs. Goes to prove there's always take-aways from everything in life--including the reading of forums.

Upon reading your post, I hopped over to Google (thought you may appreciate that) to get up to speed on Aussie wallet designs. The effort proved somewhat useless--I ended up with more questions in mind than answers. Therefore, would you be so kind as to snap a photo of your wallet, clearly showing the numbers on your credit card for size reference? Seriously, simply supplying me a link to a common Aussie wallet should suffice (showing a style you prefer would be worthwhile).
Activity: 756
legendary
How durable these are? Example if I would buy Muse Wallet and keep it in tight pocket would picture elapse or break?

Hello, iSellGames. The tooled leather wallets are highly durable. No worries of having the image fade off even in a tight pocket. The image below is of a seat on motorcycle which is driven daily. It the owner of the motorcycle had a fear of this intricate design being ruined, he wouldn't have paid top dollar to have in tooled in the first place. Steven Tyler of Aeorsmith drives his bike daily with one of Martin's seat on it. I expressed all this so that you can rest assure that the image you desire on your wallet won't fade off any time soon. Yes, in many years, your wallet will start to show signs of wearing out. The leather used is the best available--no cheap leather is found in Martin's studio. I hope that addresses your question and concern. Thank you kindly, iSellGames, for your interest.

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
How durable these are? Example if I would buy Muse Wallet and keep it in tight pocket would picture elapse or break?
Activity: 300
Merit: 250

If you can get a pic posted of his wristbands that would be great. If he is on etsy maybe you could link to that.
Also, I recently created an Etsy team for bitcoiners. Im wanting it to become an easy way to locate etsy artists who accept bitcoin. Here is the link: http://www.etsy.com/teams/10366/bitcoin

Do you make leather wristbands?

Good Morning, osmosis. Quick note: I don't do the hand tool leathering--my brother-in-law Martin Basurto does. That said, yes he does fashion wristbands. I believe you're speaking about the type that bikers wear. Please correct me if I'm mistaken. I just checked his abbreviated portfolio that I have on my computer, but don't have an example to post. I know he has many examples in his file. I was in his studio yesterday and he just so happened showed me a leather wristband he had recently tooled. Killer! I also know he makes stuff for the heavy metal crowd which includes wristbands. Basically, they're the same type (if I'm not mistaken--Martin's into the leather [scene] whereas I'm into paddles wood).

legendary

Good Morning, osmosis. Quick note: I don't do the hand tool leathering--my brother-in-law Martin Basurto does. That said, yes he does fashion wristbands. I believe you're speaking about the type that bikers wear. Please correct me if I'm mistaken. I just checked his abbreviated portfolio that I have on my computer, but don't have an example to post. I know he has many examples in his file. I was in his studio yesterday and he just so happened showed me a leather wristband he had recently tooled. Killer! I also know he makes stuff for the heavy metal crowd which includes wristbands. Basically, they're the same type (if I'm not mistaken--Martin's into the leather [scene] whereas I'm into paddles wood).

Activity: 300
legendary
Hi! I definitely like the exterior of the "Hashed Wallet". As of interior I have the similar wish to Phinnaeus Gage one - I want your tooled leather name plate to be placed behind the ID sleeve with the same color of letters and background that bitcoin logo have on the outer side of the wallet.

Another question - Do you offer international shipping?

Thank you kindly for your comment and request, kyrie*eleison. The design you outline would not be a problem what-so-ever. Also, my brother-in-law, Martin, has shipped all across the globe--with the exception of Antarctica--his hand tooled leather artwork. Therefore, international shipping is not an issue. Most likely, it'll cost around $15, but does depend on where you're located. The cost of the wallet you described will only be $95. (somebody please inform if that last sentence is against the rules on this forum, and should have quoted it via a PM)

Please PM or email me (available in profile) if you have any further questions or concerns.
legendary
Nice wallets! Can you post one with a credit card inside it and one beside it? I would just like to see how much bigger the wallet is compared to a credit card. Also, I am waiting until you can accept bitcoins (try bit-pay.com they seem reputable). Thanks!

Thank you kindly for your comments, ahitman. I've provided the images below that you've requested. Follow the link at the end of this post to view other images of this wallet showing the relative size next to my personal wallet (worn out, I know, but was a special gift years ago) along with images of the credit cards and fiat inserted.

I'm taking you up on your suggestion to go with bit-pay.com. I will let you know when I've completed that process.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66151463@N04/6057678328/sizes/m/in/set-72157627307564327/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66151463@N04/6057678350/in/set-72157627307564327

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66151463@N04/6057678366/sizes/m/in/set-72157627307564327/

Here's the link to Flickr showing the Hand Tooled Leather Wallets set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/66151463@N04/sets/72157627307564327/

Activity: 302
Nice wallets! Can you post one with a credit card inside it and one beside it? I would just like to see how much bigger the wallet is compared to a credit card. Also, I am waiting until you can accept bitcoins (try bit-pay.com they seem reputable). Thanks!
legendary
Phinnaeus Gage,

Gorgeous wallets.  Let me know if/when you're able to take Bitcoins as payment.  I'm also interested in purchasing one or two with my company logo.  (It's actually an extremely simple logo.)

Cheers,
Kermee

Thank you for your gorgeous comment, Kermee. I surely will let you know when we start accepting Bitcoin.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Phinnaeus Gage,

Gorgeous wallets.  Let me know if/when you're able to take Bitcoins as payment.  I'm also interested in purchasing one or two with my company logo.  (It's actually an extremely simple logo.)

Cheers,
Kermee
legendary
Looks really interesting. Can i get a wallet with my company logo on it? Thanks

Yes! I also sent you a PM outlining this proposal.

Allow me to throw it at you on how I envision your wallet, then you can toss it back to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your logo--image, font style and colors...

...stretched across the whole outside of the wallet...

...featuring the enhanced lacing...with 6 (approximately 1/4" in size) Bitcoin symbols located in all 4 corners & 2 at the fold (see image above, located at the top and bottom in the center)

...with this style leather interior...

...and with your tooled leather name plate located behind the ID sleeve...(shown here in the Pioneer Wallet model, but what I'm basically describing to you is a hybrid between the Hashed Wallet and the Muse Wallet)

Let me know what you think about the design so far.

Thank you kindly for your comment and question, and allowing me to offer up a design for you.
Activity: 590
Looks really interesting. Can i get a wallet with my company logo on it? Thanks
legendary

As requested, here's an image depicting the leather compartments of the Hashed Wallet that comes with a removable throwaway ID window:

Additional photos of these wallets and of their insides can be seen at Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/66151463@N04/sets/72157627307564327/
legendary
I just received permission from Eli Sklar allowing me to publish images of the inside of his Bitcoin theme, hand tooled leather wallet, fashioned specifically for him.

Eli's main thread is here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/safebit-is-looking-for-investments-34175
He's website is here: http://bitcoin.gridct.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66151463@N04/6046047055/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66151463@N04/6046054449/in/photostream

Eli originally wanted the number 3 tooled with his name on the inside of the wallet, until I mentioned to him that the number 1 was available. Although he opted to go with the number 1, Karma intervened, thereby ending up with the number 3 below his name. Therefore, be careful what you wish for, because the universe is always listening.

The complete Hand Tooled Leather Wallets set can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/66151463@N04/sets/72157627307564327/
legendary
How much those cost?

The three currently available styles of hand tooled leather, bi-fold wallets are:

• The Pioneer Wallet  ~ Starting at $75
  • The Hashed Wallet  ~ Starting at $85
  • The Mused Wallet    ~ Starting at $95
legendary
Could we see a picture or two of the insides of them where the card holders are etc.. and why no bitcoin payment option?

Thank you for your questions, SAC. I'm uploading the images depicting the inside of the wallets now to Flickr. Martin's currently exploring Bitcoin, but in the meantime he's accepting payment via the usual modes of transferring funds. He hopes that's not a deal breaker while he entertains the idea of accelerating the Bitcoin payment option.
Pages:
Jump to: