Pages:
Author

Topic: Introducing Cryptour - Fun Bitcoin Tournament | No signups req | Provably fair - page 3. (Read 5426 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Our first tourney is closing in exactly 20 blocks from now.

Hurry if you want to get your entries in. Still plenty of room for overlay.

Also, we have just added a couple more tournaments to get things going, including yet another guaranteed tournament: The '000s to celebrate the 376k-th block.
Anyhow lets say if my position is in winning stage, and then alot entries coming and my position drop out..
Is it possible that entry will back to winning place again if the number of winners increases?

Yes, that is a valid possibility.
If the new entries are mostly scoring lower than yours.

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
❃ CyberNick ❃
Still haven't understood it so don't take my word for it, but I guess that depends on luck and number of entries you make.

Luck, yes.

Depends on number of entries: no. Each of the entries have the same winning chance.

All will be clearer once we have a closed tournament.

Tip: if your entry just barely drops out of the winning range, also known as bubble in poker term, make a few more entries so that the number of winners increases.

Ahh really luck hahaha
Anyhow lets say if my position is in winning stage, and then alot entries coming and my position drop out..
Is it possible that entry will back to winning place again if the number of winners increases?
Still haven't understood it so don't take my word for it, but I guess that depends on luck and number of entries you make.

Luck, yes.

Depends on number of entries: no. Each of the entries have the same winning chance.

All will be clearer once we have a closed tournament.

Tip: if your entry just barely drops out of the winning range, also known as bubble in poker term, make a few more entries so that the number of winners increases.

❃ CyberNick ❃
ive got no5 lol that far but not bad 0.003 become 0.015  Grin.
is that our own transaction id? i thought payout has been made..

That is your entry txid.

Payouts are only made once tournament closes. The first one will close when block height is 375 480, about 4 hours from now. Smiley

Stay on 5th and you'll get paid. Smiley
But how can we secure our winning place? Will it be overtaken?
Ohhh but if depend on luck.. so i guess to early to happy  when saw our txid in winning list Cheesy
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
You have eyes but can see Mt. Tai?!

That is your entry txid.

Payouts are only made once tournament closes. The first one will close when block height is 375 480, about 4 hours from now. Smiley

❃ CyberNick ❃

That is your entry txid.

That is your entry txid.

❃ CyberNick ❃
Didn't get much of it, but gonna try anyway, lets see if I can beat Mr. Hobbit

Good luck!

You'll get it once you try it. It's actually much simpler than what the explanation makes it to be. Smiley
Activity: 532
You have eyes but can see Mt. Tai?!
Didn't get much of it, but gonna try anyway, lets see if I can beat Mr. Hobbit
According to what I've understood it is a bit like ponzi right?

Nope. The placings are not who gets in first, but ranking based on entries' scores, which are independently provably fair.

Give it a try. Smiley
I am second. he he Grin

Good for you ndnhc!

Go go go! Only about 40 blocks to go!
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005
New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

It is a lottery.  Roll Eyes

You get in first, you get in last, nothing changes (I bought the third last ticket or something, and I am second, lol Got lucky.). More like a poker tournament without playing poker. And provably fair too.
Activity: 493
Sarthak's a dumb girl
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005
New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit
To make the game more fast-paced and exciting, we have lowered the confirmation requirement to just ONE (1)!

This means you can check your standings 1 block after your made your entry, provided your transaction includes sufficient fees.

Do not forget our PILOT TOURNEY with 0.15 BTC Gtd
  • Closes when Bitcoin block height hits 375 480. (ETA 9 hours)
  • Entries: 14 at the moment with 4 winners
  • Entry fee: only BTC 0.003 to enter
  • Guaranteed prize pool BTC 0.150 (Overlay!)

Closing soon! Good luck!
Pilot tourney closing soon (< 10 hours at this time of post).

So far we have only got 13 entries, 4 winners, this means huge overlay!

Hope to get more entries soon. You might want to get your entries in fast so you can see where they stand and if you need to improve your standings before tournament closes.

PILOT TOURNEY with 0.15 BTC Gtd
  • Closes when Bitcoin block height hits 375 480.
  • Entry: only BTC 0.003 to enter
  • Guaranteed prize pool BTC 0.150 (Overlay!)

Good luck!

I understand the point, choosing result this way make this game true tournament instead of making it lottery game.
Thanks to @ndnhc for suggestions and you for implementation. Now we have no doubt that results are not manipulated and game is now fully transparent.

Hoping it would be a fun, exciting and fair platform.

Moving ahead we hope to open up the platform to allow anyone to host tournaments and not only us.

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1014
Bitdice is scam scam scammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
New provably fair method can ruin fun because we are able to calculate the result for ourselves and the other players before the tournament concludes.
Instead of using the nonce of confirming block I suggest using nonce of concluding block.

That was originally suggested by ndnhc as well.

By using nonce of confirming block, it gives more action, as you know the current standings right after your tx is confirmed, rather than just waiting until tournament concludes.

This hopefully creates more action and excitement for the tournaments and the players.

I understand the point, choosing result this way make this game true tournament instead of making it lottery game.
Thanks to @ndnhc for suggestions and you for implementation. Now we have no doubt that results are not manipulated and game is now fully transparent.
Pages:
Jump to: