Pages:
Author

Topic: Invalid recovery phrase - page 2. (Read 440 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 111
April 07, 2022, 08:48:40 AM
Take a look here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-finderouter-a-bitcoin-recovery-tool-v0160-2022-09-19-5214021
Should be able to do it fairly quickly if it's just one word.
There are other solutions but The FinderOuter is one of the quicker / easier ones to use.

-Dave
Thanks for the tips. I'll try that way

You can follow the link provided by DaveF, but know that you will need one child private key, child public key or one bitcoin address for it, which is generated by the seed phrase that you are finding the missing word, also you will need the derivation path which is not hard to get:

For derivation path (BIP39)
m/44'/0'/0'/0/0 for legacy, bitcoin addresses that start from 1
m/49'/0'/0'/0/0 for nested segwit, bitcoin addresses that start from 3
m/84'/0'/0'/0/0 for (native) segwit, bitcoin addresses that start from bc1

I have a paper recovery seed that I found a typo in one of the letters.
If you can see the first, the first two or the first three letters that started the missing word, the easier you can guess what the word can be on the BIP39 word list in case you do not have the requirement needed for the tool like your bitcoin address, but at least, you should be able to have one address generated by the wallet I guess.
I've tried that one. Spent almost 5 hours manually and got nothing but wrong address

Seriously?
One letter typo isn't that complicated to do manually since there are only a few similar words in the BIP39 word list.
Use CTRL+F, then search the typo~ed word's first few characters...

I bet there's more to this than what's stated in the OP like he might have found the correct seed (checksum: ok) but failed to find his balance.
actually found 4 addresses Cry Cry
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 10505
April 07, 2022, 01:28:47 AM
If it's just a typo you can just use Electrum, while creating a new wallet using an existing seed phrase you start typing in each word and while you enter each letter the UI will show suggestions based on the letters you entered. That way you can easily figure out what the actual word was.
It looks like this:
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 5531
Self-proclaimed Genius
April 07, 2022, 12:42:31 AM
-snip-
I've spent hours trying to find the right one manually. what should i do to make my search easier?
Seriously?
One letter typo isn't that complicated to do manually since there are only a few similar words in the BIP39 word list.
Use CTRL+F, then search the typo~ed word's first few characters...

I bet there's more to this than what's stated in the OP like he might have found the correct seed (checksum: ok) but failed to find his balance.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
April 06, 2022, 10:36:13 PM
You can follow the link provided by DaveF, but know that you will need one child private key, child public key or one bitcoin address for it, which is generated by the seed phrase that you are finding the missing word, also you will need the derivation path which is not hard to get:

For derivation path (BIP39)
m/44'/0'/0'/0/0 for legacy, bitcoin addresses that start from 1
m/49'/0'/0'/0/0 for nested segwit, bitcoin addresses that start from 3
m/84'/0'/0'/0/0 for (native) segwit, bitcoin addresses that start from bc1

If you can see the first, the first two or the first three letters that started the missing word, the easier you can guess what the word can be on the BIP39 word list in case you do not have the requirement needed for the tool like your bitcoin address, but at least, you should be able to have one address generated by the wallet I guess.
legendary
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6231
Crypto Swap Exchange
April 06, 2022, 08:09:30 PM
Take a look here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-finderouter-a-bitcoin-recovery-tool-v0160-2022-09-19-5214021
Should be able to do it fairly quickly if it's just one word.
There are other solutions but The FinderOuter is one of the quicker / easier ones to use.

-Dave
Activity: 966
Merit: 111
April 06, 2022, 07:51:25 PM
I have a paper recovery seed that I found a typo in one of the letters. I used ledger nano wallet and now its broken
The recovery phrases using a length of 24 words and BIP39 word list
I've spent hours trying to find the right one manually. what should i do to make my search easier?
Pages:
Jump to: