Pages:
Author

Topic: Investing $1k USD - page 2. (Read 2575 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
September 04, 2017, 12:58:42 AM
The current time is very good for you to invest.
Activity: 6
September 04, 2017, 12:48:56 AM
I would choose stratis as a coin to put the $1k in. As it shows health growth. $1k isn't a lot so splitting it up is not a good idea. Choose one coin and hold onto it for a few weeks
Activity: 791
Merit: 139
September 04, 2017, 12:48:01 AM
Hello Crypto World,

I currently have 16 coins (low amt) and looking to invest $1k into my portfolio.  I'm a long-term investor.

My question - what are your thoughts on spreading across 5 coins: LSK, NEO, STRAT, QTUM, OMG, or topping off XRP?

I don't own any of the 5 coins, however I do own a small amt of XRP.

Thanks in advance
with those 5 coins ill definitely go with NEO or QTUM
but you may look at MCO and XVG if you thiink you need more to choose from..
look at their trend and theeir strong market... this is just an advice at the end its all up to you ..
and you can count on BTC too..
Activity: 1246
Merit: 502
September 04, 2017, 12:42:59 AM
You invest to many risk coin. Those coin what i know is already 100-800x initial investment. Maybe you better buy soe waves. Status or boscoin or exscudo..
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
September 04, 2017, 12:11:35 AM
Hello Crypto World,

I currently have 16 coins (low amt) and looking to invest $1k into my portfolio.  I'm a long-term investor.

My question - what are your thoughts on spreading across 5 coins: LSK, NEO, STRAT, QTUM, OMG, or topping off XRP?

Thanks in advance
Well good for you that you are a long term investor. I suggest that you should invest some in bitcoin, consider investing in bitcoin and surely you will profit a lot. Buy at $4930 if there would be a dip. And I suggest to put many at OMG. And try to give some of your money at XEM(best long term investment for me.)

Great advice.  Actually own all the above except OMG.  I'm thinking about spreading but XRP is really inexpensive (XEM as well).  The above are more expensive and I'm worried about pump (overpriced) however, I'm long-term so it's less critical.
XRP and XEM seem pretty solid, both are almost always in the topics of discussion,for something it must be.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
September 03, 2017, 03:34:07 PM
Find few number of good crypto projects and split your capital among them, don't do the mistake of puting all your eggs in one basket. In crypto, greed may wreck you and fear may save you, learn to live in order to fight another day...very important.
How to find good altcoin project while he does not know the way to use his money for investing? Even basic knowledge when become to investor is hold his Bitcoin he does not know too.
Activity: 658
Merit: 282
September 03, 2017, 12:33:03 PM
I think you 1k$ is invest for waves it's my personal opinion.Waves future is so strong of my looking.Because this coin growth is very high.I hold 100 Waves for long time.
This is how I would do it if I had $1,000 in investing money. Look around this forum and you'll notice that people are on the Waves train and the amount of people that are actually in Waves exceeds the number of people that are in the newer coins that had millions of dollars in their ICO sales. It doesn't really make sense that it's that high though the numbers aren't​ wrong. Waves is getting stronger and stronger everyday so if you want to make some money without worrying about your investment so much then invest in Waves.

What is the "bull case" for Waves in your opinion?

In my opinion Waves suffers from the same problems as
similar platforms like Ethereum or Stratis. By that I want to express my concern that the use of the
Waves platform for projects like Burger King´s Whoppercoin may make for a good headline, but doesn´t
really effect the price of Waves. Even if other projects would emerge that utilize the Waves platform
this wouldn´t really affect the exchange rate of Waves.
Activity: 774
Look ARROUND!
September 03, 2017, 10:58:23 AM
I think you 1k$ is invest for waves it's my personal opinion.Waves future is so strong of my looking.Because this coin growth is very high.I hold 100 Waves for long time.
This is how I would do it if I had $1,000 in investing money. Look around this forum and you'll notice that people are on the Waves train and the amount of people that are actually in Waves exceeds the number of people that are in the newer coins that had millions of dollars in their ICO sales. It doesn't really make sense that it's that high though the numbers aren't​ wrong. Waves is getting stronger and stronger everyday so if you want to make some money without worrying about your investment so much then invest in Waves.
Activity: 32
September 03, 2017, 10:56:44 AM
I like NEO, OMG, XRP. Choose a penny to invest long term, I choose XRP
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
September 03, 2017, 10:44:15 AM
Find few number of good crypto projects and split your capital among them, don't do the mistake of puting all your eggs in one basket. In crypto, greed may wreck you and fear may save you, learn to live in order to fight another day...very important.
Activity: 350
Merit: 251
September 03, 2017, 09:11:37 AM
With $1000 you can start to do real portfolio management. The industry has had a tremendous run in 2017 so be aware that now may not be teh best time to allocate, its best to buy on selloffs if possible.

1. Need an overweight to the crypto reserve asset, you wiil need this to buy the smaller names -30% in BTC.

2. 25% to 40% in franchise coins with competitive advantages, this should give you exposure to smart contract platforms and Asia - ETH, XMR, LTC, NEO, STRAT, LSK, NEM, FCT.

3. The last bucket needs to be highly diversified since these names may drop heavily when the crypto industry suffers a big selloff. This is where you invest in the best tech, Names in this bucket might include any of ARK, SHIFT, LBC, RADS, XBY, CRW, FTC, GBYTE, BLOCK, DGB, GAME, ONION, XSPEC, BAY.

In this bucket you are exposed to gaming, privacy, decentralized exchanges.

4. Be very wary of ICOs, there is a bubble in this space and many investors will be hurt.

Some forum members have advised you to bet it all on one name and I am here to tell you the road from hero to zero can be a fast short one. Diversification is necessary for large and small portfolios to grow with controlled risk.

Activity: 310
https://eloncity.io/
September 03, 2017, 07:20:04 AM
put everything into Neo now and you will probably get the best return in a short time of a 3,4 months. the price is very good right now
Activity: 537
September 03, 2017, 02:12:21 AM
Hello Crypto World,

Thanks in advance
Strat and OMG still become a good choice right now, The price already decreased a lot since the price correction yesterday, but the chart confirm that the all of the crypto already bounce back again.
But OMG and strat still to be a good choice for you if you are watching the latest news about them.
Activity: 182
Money loves speed
September 03, 2017, 01:45:55 AM
Please only invest it in 1-2 coins you like, with only $1k if you try to split it up into 5 coins you will never gain any ground. Believe me, with too many holdings it's hard to make mad gains, because there will always be ones holding you back.

That said, pick only 1 or 2 of these - OMG, LTC, ZRX, ETH, NEO

Activity: 644
September 03, 2017, 12:54:23 AM
One thousand dollars isn't that much to spread over 5 different coins.  You should just pick one and invest the full amount on it.  If it was up to me, I'd put the $1000 on Stratis, the team is working on a lot of interesting releases. 
STRAT is quite good a bet. But let him diverge his investment. The amount might not be much for you, but it could be a lot for him. I think the choice of 5 coins is good. Investing in large cap coins is always preferable as they won't just doom and never recover. These coins are good for long term bet. You can go for it.
Activity: 645
September 02, 2017, 11:46:51 PM
One thousand dollars isn't that much to spread over 5 different coins.  You should just pick one and invest the full amount on it.  If it was up to me, I'd put the $1000 on Stratis, the team is working on a lot of interesting releases. 
Activity: 45
September 02, 2017, 11:36:03 PM
Thanks everyone for your feedback - Much appreciated.

Must admit, Crypto sure is exciting and it has me dreaming again.  Stocks and Forex were getting a bit old.  Smiley
Activity: 8
September 02, 2017, 11:25:45 PM
Hello Crypto World,

Thanks in advance

Unless you are risk loving person, I don't think you should put all your money into one coin.
It's always better to diversify and accumulate over time.
Also, it is alway a good idea to keep an extra 20% BTC in your portfolio.
To me,  LSK, NEO, QTUM, OMG are risky assets because I feel like they were over hyped and overbought last month.
If your thinking long term, definitely you should get some LTC.
I personally like low cap anon coins.
But who knows what's gonna happen this month,,,
This is just my 2cents.
Activity: 741
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 02, 2017, 11:17:16 PM
put everything in the coin you think will be the most profitable
copper member
Activity: 463
Merit: 251
September 02, 2017, 11:12:08 PM
Pages:
Jump to: