Pages:
Author

Topic: Investing vs Trading and why? - page 2. (Read 2536 times)

Activity: 189
Merit: 12
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
November 07, 2017, 04:50:29 AM
Hi everyone...

Just a newbie and am planning to put some money into crypto. Now the thing which is stopping me is whether I should go for trading as the currency is volatile and can give some quick gains or buy it and sleep over it for a few years. Or should I go with 50% trading and 50% investing.

Need experts guidance please

First i advice you to buy Bitcoin atleast 50% because you will earn everytime Bitcoin goes up so better to hold it. Second is try to self trading, just watch on YouTube or ask your friends to help and guide you on a simple basic trade like Buy low and sell high.

buy at low price and sell at high price but this is very difficult to do. it request you have to a lot of experience in trading
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
November 06, 2017, 11:54:29 PM
Hi everyone...

Just a newbie and am planning to put some money into crypto. Now the thing which is stopping me is whether I should go for trading as the currency is volatile and can give some quick gains or buy it and sleep over it for a few years. Or should I go with 50% trading and 50% investing.

First i advice you to buy Bitcoin atleast 50% because you will earn everytime Bitcoin goes up so better to hold it. Second is try to self trading, just watch on YouTube or ask your friends to help and guide you on a simple basic trade like Buy low and sell high.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
November 03, 2017, 03:58:14 PM
Hi everyone...

Whatever you do, if you're new to crypto you shouldn't be trading. Trading cryptos is risky / hard enough as is, moreso if you're not familiar with the market.

Additionally, try to focus on BTC. While some alts may have merits on their own, many of them are just ways to extract money from newcomers.

Agreed. There is a mentality required to trading that is paired with key knowledge of tradings and mechanics. Emotional investors are the ones that experienced ones eat for breakfast.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
November 03, 2017, 03:22:10 AM
I think that with the investment you can get a good profit, if you know where you are investing in and if you know how to invest, but if you are a beginner in this then it's better not to do it because you can lose your money.To start trading, you need to consult with the person who is doing this. Because trading is a very dangerous job for your money if you are a beginner. In contrast to investing in trading, every second is important. I think the easiest way but less prone is investing, and trading heavier but more lucrative
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
November 02, 2017, 05:26:30 PM
Great question me and a few friends who just joined crypto are battle-ing with the same question as well. I can not give you strong advice because I am new but I can tell what I learned so far and do with it as you like. If I would start over with the knowledge I have now then I would not invest my own money in altcoins but I would in bitcoin & eth. I did not know what a hardfork was and boy I know now lol. The money I would put in altcoins would come from free money you get when you like twitter or facebook for a new coin. As for trading I would use only free given money because it is trial and error. On youtube you can find a lot of helpfull tips and tools to use when you trade. If you analyse the news and statistics and know what the market will do you can place a safer bet. Good luck!
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
November 02, 2017, 01:55:28 PM
50% I think you should buy bitcoin and hold it for a few years you can earn quite the $ 50 left you should choose the top coin on the coinmarketcap and buying them would be safer for you if you is a new entrant and marketer of cryptos
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
November 02, 2017, 01:22:51 PM
Since you are a newbie, I would suggest you to first of all study and understand the market behaviour. Trading is something that you do in a short-term, probably a day or week. In investing, the period varies from 3 months to 10/20 years so if you think you are flexible enough to take quick decisions and analyse the situation in less time then trading is suitable for you and if not then consider investing because you get some time to make any decision. You can start with the lowest possible amount to understand the market behaviour and build your strategies according to it.
Activity: 32
November 02, 2017, 12:48:25 PM
I`m sorry for a such stupid question, but what does it mean "trading cryptocurrency"? Is it the same as trading securities on the stock market?
Activity: 73
November 02, 2017, 12:16:01 PM
If you want to trade then first learn how to trade (e.g. at https://www.babypips.com/learn/forex). trading is a job like any other and if you don't treat it as such you will get the payoff of the lottery player.

Otherwise just do your due diligence and invest if you judge it appropriate.
Activity: 80
November 01, 2017, 09:56:35 PM
Just a newbie
I suggest you do not invest first, you can get token of a project for free just by like and share each post of their facebook page, it's good for you to understand about crypto currency rather than having to spend money.

One of the best advice so far for such a newbie like me... Wink

Is there a trick to checking out what tokens might get high value? Is there a site where you can check this? Or is it just joining as many airdrops/bounties that you can join then hope for the best?
Activity: 26
November 01, 2017, 08:16:44 PM
Hi everyone...

I would suggest crypto trading 1 year is enough experience, you have to monitor daily. Always look to altcoin when they dump and when they pump. When btc is high 80% of altcoin will dump.
Activity: 28
October 27, 2017, 11:34:29 AM
Hey, I think investment is a game like a russian rulete and Trading is a hard work.
So what do you prefer? Play or work?
copper member
Activity: 771
Merit: 12
October 27, 2017, 06:24:39 AM
I think 50 to 50. But it depends on what you like more.
First of all, it is necessary to study well the crypto-currencies, their dynamics, terminology, history, to keep abreast of the news. I would recommend that you watch YouTube channels, news portals
Activity: 19
October 27, 2017, 03:03:52 AM
If you want start invest in someone, be sure you understand this.
It is very easy to loss you money becouse you don't have enought knowledge.
Activity: 364
October 27, 2017, 01:56:26 AM
Just a newbie
I suggest you do not invest first, you can get token of a project for free just by like and share each post of their facebook page, it's good for you to understand about crypto currency rather than having to spend money.

One of the best advice so far for such a newbie like me... Wink
Activity: 57
October 27, 2017, 01:47:08 AM
INvesting is alot easier, better if you are busier and dont know much about crypto and TA. Trading you can make more money IMO but its alot harder and you have to know your TA's and your entry and exit points
Activity: 84
October 27, 2017, 01:42:21 AM
Gets some friends who can guide you or watch videos online and start learning here at bitcointalk.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
October 26, 2017, 09:19:29 PM
Hi everyone...

I think, for a starter, you can get more provit by investing, because you'll need information, experience, and some luck to be good at trading..

Trading is a little bit risky, but yes, with better income...
But for the first time you jump into crypto, I think you could just investing and then learning how to do trading by evaluating how BTC price goes up and down for a few weeks ~

Even if you are new into bitcoin but if you have an experience in trading stocks before
then you can also get into trading bitcoins in the market. Investing is safer that trading
but trading has a higher chance of earning in the future if successful. And yes a 50/50
allocation is the best strategy that you can do.
Activity: 400
Merit: 250
Play2Live presale starts on 5th December
October 26, 2017, 11:04:26 AM
Hi everyone...

I think, for a starter, you can get more provit by investing, because you'll need information, experience, and some luck to be good at trading..

Trading is a little bit risky, but yes, with better income...
But for the first time you jump into crypto, I think you could just investing and then learning how to do trading by evaluating how BTC price goes up and down for a few weeks ~
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
October 26, 2017, 08:25:59 AM
Or should I go with 50% trading and 50% investing.

Investing? What is the place where you are willing to invest anyway? And why don't you consider trading as an investment as well? Aren't you putting money in trading? If yes, then that is what we call an investment. And i don't know any place where you can just invest your money and get gains with the time, and if somewhere you found something like this, you better stay away from this. Trading is the better thing if you understand it and if you can control your trades in a good way. Don't go for any investments, they are 99% scams.
Pages:
Jump to: