Pages:
Author

Topic: Investing vs Trading and why? - page 5. (Read 2536 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273
September 25, 2017, 05:38:43 AM
For me as I see in trading your playing with a 50 50 chance game the same with investing there is a 50 50 chance. Evryone explained it already I just want to share mine that you should go and invest.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
September 25, 2017, 03:16:51 AM
Because you newbie you must learn more then try to trading small amount then when be ready start investing
Activity: 2086
Merit: 501
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 25, 2017, 12:12:27 AM
Just a newbie
I suggest you do not invest first, you can get token of a project for free just by like and share each post of their facebook page, it's good for you to understand about crypto currency rather than having to spend money.
Though he can try to learn trading but he should not throw huge amount of bitcoins. Read and learn is the best thing that a newbie can do and I suggest to learn here in bitcointalk.org but know what posts you should believe and not since information that each member gave is actually correct.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 503
September 24, 2017, 10:07:38 AM
Just a newbie
I suggest you do not invest first, you can get token of a project for free just by like and share each post of their facebook page, it's good for you to understand about crypto currency rather than having to spend money.

free coins? well, I tried dodge but did not get anything on my wallet...
maybe you mean dogecoin right? what do you follow to get the dogecoin for free? faucet? surely you missed one or two things related to the terms.
Activity: 48
September 24, 2017, 03:56:18 AM
you can go to trading form and ask more but for me i prefer investing with small trading for newbie
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
September 24, 2017, 03:33:23 AM
Hi everyone...

Just a newbie and am planning to put some money into crypto. Now the thing which is stopping me is whether I should go for trading as the currency is volatile and can give some quick gains or buy it and sleep over it for a few years. Or should I go with 50% trading and 50% investing.

Need experts guidance please

It depends on where you are most comfortable at whether its trading or investing. If you are a risk taker then maybe you can try trading because its where the big money is but there is a lot of manipulation in the market so you should be prepare with it and you should only invest what you can afford to lose in order for you not to get emotional. As what they say, trading is 10% skills and 90% psychology so if you do not trust yourself then you can go to investing and just wait for your coins to grow in value.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
CAT.EX Exchange
September 24, 2017, 03:25:09 AM
investing and trading is good process make you rich , so i prefer both
Activity: 994
Merit: 103
September 24, 2017, 02:22:05 AM
I go for investing, cause once the ico ended and the token were listed on an exchange you have two options ,sell and get the amount youve invested or wait a little bit longer for the price to pump up.
Activity: 309
Merit: 102
Presale is live!
September 24, 2017, 01:40:55 AM
Investing is a lot better for stress levels as well as profits. All you have to do is buy and hold BTC since it's supply is limited. If you trade you are losing precious bitcoins that will continue to become more valuable.
Activity: 86
September 24, 2017, 01:31:41 AM
This is really a good question. I think every one should monitor the market price regularly and must be aware of what is going on in coin market. Should not stay away or sleep after investing . you can earn maximum profit by making both long term and short term investment. Short term investment can be traded regularly at a small profit margin that will turn into many times of your investment after few years.
Activity: 233
Merit: 10
September 23, 2017, 09:14:59 PM
For me you should trade first because it will make you more productive rather than investing because if you invest you will not know how to earn profit if you dont know the basics of trading.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
September 23, 2017, 06:24:54 PM
Investing is for the lazy and trading is for the adventurous and those who are paranoid about price changes. I admit that I'm a lazy person and I only trade when I feel like it or if there's something interesting coming out, but most of the time my money is directed towards investing in a long time.

Also, just a suggestion, don't put your money first into either trading or investing. Just check and learn as much as you can before getting heavily involved.

I agree with you and that Investing here means putting/spending your money on something and let it grow. But there are many kinds of investment,you can invest also time,money and effort for trading. In investing there are also risk involved, because most money invested in stocks etc are also being traded.
Activity: 4
September 23, 2017, 06:16:36 PM
I agree. I recommend understanding how the Crypto Market works, spend hours educating yourself how to invest and trade, and understand the tech as well. Over preparation will never hurt you
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
September 23, 2017, 12:30:46 PM
Just a newbie

free coins? well, I tried dodge but did not get anything on my wallet...

Don't focus on the free stuff. Grab a small number of bitcoin, then do research alot about it. That's a much better plan than just going in on something just because you want to earn money. Newbies always tend to overlook the great technology around bitcoin and blockchain technologies in general.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
September 23, 2017, 11:47:07 AM
Need experts guidance please

I quote this part of your post because learning how to trade, profitably, requires experience and gaining that experience takes time. Do you have time and money to fail a bit before you start to succeed? If not, I'd recommend a buy and hold investment approach.

Buy some coin, let it sit. When you see a pull back buy some more, and so on. That way you're not selling too loo but rather timing your buying on the dips. It's a beginner's way to trading.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
September 23, 2017, 10:39:27 AM
Investing is for the lazy and trading is for the adventurous and those who are paranoid about price changes. I admit that I'm a lazy person and I only trade when I feel like it or if there's something interesting coming out, but most of the time my money is directed towards investing in a long time.

Also, just a suggestion, don't put your money first into either trading or investing. Just check and learn as much as you can before getting heavily involved.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049
September 23, 2017, 10:03:07 AM
I suggest that you trade all your bitcoin to a more stable one (choose from leading coins) and secure it for a long time. ETH is one good example that I can give due to the active development and promotion. AFAIK, Vitalik is now targeting visa transactions soon - source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/vitalik-buterin-ethereum-will-have-visa-scale-transaction-capacity-in-2-years . You can also try with waves and ripple if you have more funds to trade. If you want a lesser risk, buy bitcoin with cash and don't trade it with any coin. (My suggestion only works if you want some free time in RL and don't want to consume a lot for crypto trading)
Activity: 392
Merit: 112
September 23, 2017, 09:49:42 AM
Invest first, then you need to study about trading. You research by your own, learn from the experts. I suggested also to you to learn the candles or the chart of particular coin. Trading is also a risky,  if you don't want to get trapped, then you need to be patient in profits. You need to know where to exit.
Activity: 266
Merit: 106
September 23, 2017, 09:30:36 AM
Personally I've choose to invest. For trading you need skills and knowledges. Under skills I mean your psychology, type of character etc. Under knowledge I mean not only technical analysis but also political, technical and development process of coins. In order to be successful trader you need to be very good in all these points. So, you need to spend all your 100% of time to trade, study, learn and follow community, news, rumors and other bullshit.
For investing it is much more easier, today you are free and you can check for projects and find a good one. If you do not have time you'll does not loose anything
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
Chikuntv
September 23, 2017, 09:17:27 AM
I think in both cases one should study a lot and expecting to get a bunch of free money is very naively. but price of BTC will grow most likely so yeah investment seems better imho
Pages:
Jump to: