Pages:
Author

Topic: Investment advice? - page 2. (Read 5273 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin
June 16, 2014, 01:52:07 PM
Why not invests in a UNIQUE idea you have, which is about bitcoin also ?

Or, you can buy bitcoins now, hold them, and then sell them for high price.

And what happen if bitcoin keeps dropping ?

Then you would lose money, like what would happen with any other investment
Activity: 364
June 16, 2014, 08:24:54 AM
I can also suggest you to start resume writing. Its a home-based services. There is a good chance you'll have plenty of work to keep you busy. Many people are opting for the professional approach to having their resume written, in hopes that it helps up their chances of being hired. Its also a good source of earning in this bad economy.
You are correct, as now there is very bad economy. So you have to plan well where will you go. You can also go for Government contracts, no matter how bad the economy is, the government keeps on a spending. There are many opportunities for government contracts if you have a product or service they need. So keep this in mind also while deciding your business.
June 16, 2014, 08:09:57 AM
I can also suggest you to start resume writing. Its a home-based services. There is a good chance you'll have plenty of work to keep you busy. Many people are opting for the professional approach to having their resume written, in hopes that it helps up their chances of being hired. Its also a good source of earning in this bad economy.
June 16, 2014, 07:45:44 AM
Thanks for the great advice everyone. I think I will use my funds to try start a small side business! I'm not too sure about Forex and don't like playing with stocks .
And I realized what Sana said about fixed deposit and inflation rates is right. I would be able to get higher returns through other forms of investments. I don't really mind the risk as long as it is reasonable.
Nice to hear that finally you have decided your goal and will invest in right direction. If you don't mind i would like to ask in which sector you are going to start your small business.
Activity: 378
June 16, 2014, 07:21:53 AM
Thanks for the great advice everyone. I think I will use my funds to try start a small side business! I'm not too sure about Forex and don't like playing with stocks .
And I realized what Sana said about fixed deposit and inflation rates is right. I would be able to get higher returns through other forms of investments. I don't really mind the risk as long as it is reasonable.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
June 16, 2014, 02:00:26 AM

If you scare to invest, just put them in saving account then drink the coffee.
Activity: 343
Merit: 100
June 15, 2014, 12:16:25 PM

June 15, 2014, 12:01:21 PM
i like invest, and always invest, but if big invest big risk got scammer -___-

This is why it is important to only invest in things that you truly understand.

It is also why you need to remember to due your due diligence.

Above all if something sounds too good to be true then it probably is.
Activity: 252
June 15, 2014, 11:50:28 AM

Activity: 174
June 15, 2014, 11:31:26 AM
Become a slum lord.

Use that money to buy foreclosed home. Then fix it up and rent it out.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
June 15, 2014, 08:46:07 AM
Go all in. Yes, I'm allowed to say that.

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1196
Reputation first.
June 15, 2014, 06:15:18 AM
With 20% of your capital, buy some bitcoin, then insert it in a paper wallet Smiley

When price will rise up, sell it Smiley
Activity: 182
Merit: 101
June 15, 2014, 05:52:06 AM
i like invest, and always invest, but if big invest big risk got scammer -___-
Activity: 378
Merit: 265
June 15, 2014, 04:55:17 AM
I have some savings -about 50k usd- and so far I've been thinking about mutual funds and Forex and Bitcoin
Any advice/recommendations/ideas? Does anyone here do investments?

My advice is to refrain from asking random anonymous people for advice on how to invest your money.

Your situation is unique and nobody can give you good advice without knowing your situation.

Here is some generic advice:
1. Only invest in things you understand.
2. Start investing with simple low risk investments (e.g. savings account and CDs), then as your wealth grows add more complex and risky investments.
3. Avoid forex and day-trading. You will lose money.

+ 1
Activity: 266
June 15, 2014, 02:29:36 AM
Many posters here already mention real estate.

Rent it out to increase your yield as well as the capital gain from appreciation.

There is no guarantee that you will either be able to rent your property that is above your expenses, or at all. Nor is there a guarantee that your specific house/real estate investment will appreciate.
June 15, 2014, 02:22:54 AM
Buy 10 SP30 miners. When you make your first 25k then put them back into your pocket, next 25k reinvest into mining. I would advise you to exchange BTC only when new and better mining equipment comes out or when BTC reaches at least 1000$.
I was thinking about mining too,since bitcoinis on the wave ,better to mine it than buy it.But what about the electricity consume and the space?I have an small apartment ,so not to much free space,plus i am thinking that i need an extra AC too?
Mining is great fun and highly addictive.  However, if profit is your motive you'll definitely want to look into investing into anything but mining.  Hardware value depreciation in the asic and scrypt asic markets are absolutely insane right now (and have been since I started mining).  Factor into this how quickly difficulty is increasing, a small apartment with limited electricity supply and you have yourself a recipe for disappointment. 

Also, odds are you won't really be able to host any kind of serious mining equipment on a typical apartments wiring.  If your space, electricity, and cooling are limited, consider cloud mining instead.  Although you'll run into the same issue(s) of depreciation of whatever you buy soon enough.  Hope this helps.

It may still be early enough so that ASIC scrypt mining would still be profitable.
Activity: 185
June 12, 2014, 02:55:06 PM
Many posters here already mention real estate.

Rent it out to increase your yield as well as the capital gain from appreciation.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
June 12, 2014, 02:15:48 PM
Buy 10 SP30 miners. When you make your first 25k then put them back into your pocket, next 25k reinvest into mining. I would advise you to exchange BTC only when new and better mining equipment comes out or when BTC reaches at least 1000$.
I was thinking about mining too,since bitcoinis on the wave ,better to mine it than buy it.But what about the electricity consume and the space?I have an small apartment ,so not to much free space,plus i am thinking that i need an extra AC too?
Mining is great fun and highly addictive.  However, if profit is your motive you'll definitely want to look into investing into anything but mining.  Hardware value depreciation in the asic and scrypt asic markets are absolutely insane right now (and have been since I started mining).  Factor into this how quickly difficulty is increasing, a small apartment with limited electricity supply and you have yourself a recipe for disappointment. 

Also, odds are you won't really be able to host any kind of serious mining equipment on a typical apartments wiring.  If your space, electricity, and cooling are limited, consider cloud mining instead.  Although you'll run into the same issue(s) of depreciation of whatever you buy soon enough.  Hope this helps.
Activity: 168
June 12, 2014, 01:47:38 PM
I think real estate is the best u can invest in, and the safest in my opinion. There a tons of options on what to do with ur money, Go for the safest play and dont risk anything.
June 12, 2014, 01:35:02 PM
For really long term, real estate is probably the best investment out there.

Your statement is probably correct, however in the context of it being correct the term "really long term" would probably be longer then the OP's time frame that he is looking to invest.

Real estate has traditionally gone up over time (when looked at nationally) although our most recent recession proved that to not always be the case. Prices in some of the hardest hit "bubble" areas (Much of FL and NV) will probably not recover to their pre-recession highs for many decades. If you were investing in a pension fund for example (whose time horizon is essentially "forever") then real estate is probably a good investment as long as it is not too concentrated. The OPs time frame is probably not more then 50 years (assuming the OP is 20 years old and wishes to retire at age 70) and real estate may or may not be higher then.
Pages:
Jump to: