Pages:
Author

Topic: Invitation to teach Bitcoin in a school - page 4. (Read 1068 times)

Activity: 1834
Merit: 166
September 21, 2022, 12:04:05 AM
I feel really happy to see such threads where bitcoin teaching is given to some students making them aware about the current financial technology we are in and true power of decentralisation.Also appreciate the women who asked you to be part of it and helping children to learn something really new and useful for their future lives.We should always take steps to help these children who don't have access to technology but education is the thing which should be given to all.

To be honest, I might be the only one who feels this way but I don’t see how this is necessary. Which money would they use to invest after they’ve been taught?
It's not about investment obviously but more importantly awareness to the children and giving them education on the topic which is entirely new for them.But if we say practically third world countries lag smart phone usage and internet facility also being in low income segment so does it mean they should not be given education about it also?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1491
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
September 20, 2022, 11:26:21 PM
To be honest, I might be the only one who feels this way but I don’t see how this is necessary. Which money would they use to invest after they’ve been taught?

If your pipsqueak brain would think instead of talking nonsense, it wouldn't think about whether it's necessary or not, it would think about how positive it is. There are many things that are not necessary that have a very positive impact on society.

In this case I thank the OP for teaching about bitcoin in that school on his birthday. I live in a developed country and I can't even imagine something like that happening here. I'm sure we would have complaints.

As far as I can see that school is in Nigeria, and although it is a less developed country, and despite having a government against it, the use of bitcoin is quite widespread, so as soon as those students get their first jobs it is very likely that they will use bitcoin.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 191
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 20, 2022, 11:16:32 PM
Lucky for you to have this opportunity , though I have been seeing almost the same cases these days , that people from this community extending their knowledge sharing from outside the forum to their near by places .
but this is also a good initiative of giving as your Birthday celebration be awarded for teaching student about the use of bitcoin.
thanks for that and I salute you for this action .
Activity: 2002
Merit: 175
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 20, 2022, 10:56:52 PM
Congratulations mate this is another dreams come true , because i am dreaming of teaching younger generation about how and what bitcoin is all about and you made it come true with your Birthday gift for those student .

Happy birthday also and hope to see more of this from you since you are showing best interest of bitcoin for the future in your community .

Hoping also that you will become a Bitcoin motivational speaker as your future ahead is great for the whole crypto community , Keep it up mate.
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 574
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
September 20, 2022, 09:42:03 PM
That's a good initiative taken by the school to make the kids aware of bitcoin and crypto currencies. Hope you didn't get too much into complicated aspects of crypto currencies.

By the way, volatility isn't a feature of bitcoin. Probably a feature of "any" market, but not specific to bitcoin. Also, if you lose your "password" you don't lose your coins as long as you have access to your private keys or the phrase.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1056
September 20, 2022, 07:41:33 PM
There will come a time when everyone will have knowledge about Bitcoin.As the country is developing, the standard of living of the people is improving.People will want what people think easily now.But in the future Bitcoin will take place in everyone's mind and will spread all over the world.But best wishes and love to everyone who is working on such steps in the school.Such initiative is the best initiative to make Bitcoin stronger.
Activity: 295
Merit: 98
September 20, 2022, 07:16:53 PM

Esther C, I think you need to take a look at the economic situation at current and you will understand the necessity of teaching those student about Bitcoin. I really can not tell how old you are now or your level of study, but imagine if you had learn about Bitcoin  6 years back, either in secondary school or social gatherings and you bought then?
 Is better they learn about Bitcoin now. forget about the money they can use to invest. Assuming I am one of those student, I can beg my parents to assist me with little money and I will use it to invest.  Recession is striking so hard and everyone needs to learn what can help them earn a living.

For example: during the COVID-19 pandemic, my state was on lock down and I was stoped from work with little pay. I had to feed from my Bitcoin investment. Imagine if I had not known anything about crypto currency? Perhaps if I had not invested into Bitcoin before then, I might have even spent all the money invested into Bitcoin.
Activity: 882
Merit: 302
September 20, 2022, 07:05:29 PM
Happy birthday OP, I can’t think of a better way for a bitcoiner to spend his birthday you are doing a good service to the students.
Bitcoin isn’t an investment scheme. There are people who see bitcoin as only investment, there are others who are much more concerned about the technology and the mission of a decentralized digital currency. The knowledge being passed to these students at this early stage will be their crypto foundation.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1643
Verified Bitcoin Hodler
September 20, 2022, 07:04:25 PM
Two weeks ago,I posted a thread on the forum about spreading Bitcoin awareness in my area and my place of work,which I shared flyers to people in my area about teaching Bitcoin, so that anyone interested can easily contact me. This innovation has started yielding good friuts. One evening I received a call from a lady I don't know,she asked if she was speaking to the person that his contact was on the flyer,I said yes. She introduced herself to me as Mrs Susan Wilson, then said she will love to see me so that we can discuss. This woman is a proprietress  to one of the private schools in my area called Legacy Comprehensive College, we booked an appointment to my own convinent time which she was OK with.
   The next day I went to see her in office, to my greatest surprise she told me to teach her students in the senior secondary school about Bitcoin. I was astonished and marvel on her initiative for her students to learn Bitcoin in school. I then asked her about her knowledge in bitcoin, she said it was her husband that told her alittle about bitcoin. After much discussions she concluded by saying, she wants the best for her school and to create a difference in the area by teaching them more about reality of life than just books. She also asked how much will she pay for the class and I told her that its a voluntary service.

We fixed a date for that class but because of my busy schedule with work,It didn't work out. On Sunday evening Mrs Susan Wilson called again, saying that hope I will be able to come the next day which was yesterday for the class that she has already informed the students. I thought of it and told her that I will come on Tuesday which is today. Yesterday I met with my boss and told him I will becoming three hour late to work today which he permitted me.

Today being Tuesday 20th of September is my birthday so I voluntarily taught the students of Legacy Comprehensive College,SSS2 class Bitcoin, as my birthday gift to them. It was really a wonderful day, teaching these lovely and brilliant students  about bitcoin,even a staff of the school also joined in the class, he said he loves to learn something new as a teacher. A lot of questions was been asked by the students,a girl even asked how can you own a bitcoin which I told them all they need to know about bitcoin excluding the investment aspect, the class lasted for one and half hour. This is my first time to teach Bitcoin in school, after the class I saw that the students were so excited learning something new.

Mrs Susan Wilson is the lady beside me, she pleaded with me to come back and take them the practical class on Bitcoin that the school has a computer lab.
My birthday was fun teaching these students,I had to take this pictures for remembrance and to also show to forum members to update you about  this. I need your contributions or observations,advice to my passion of spreading Bitcoin in my locality.

Happy Birthday, OP! May you live a healthy, bitcoin filled life.

As to your classes -
I have some ideas for you, if you like:

• I think if you post your teaching materials and teaching plans in this thread, we can help you with fine-tuning the details. Brainsourcing from Bitcointalk can be a quite powerful teaching tool, I believe.
  • A good idea would be teaching them risk management and not to sell on emotion first and foremost. Or they might lose all their money like panicky newbies.
  • Also, if you gather donations for, lets say, about $1-5 worth of Bitcoin to each student, they can explore how Bitcoin works for themselves. (Think of it as homework which also gives rewards)
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
September 20, 2022, 06:47:40 PM
Two weeks ago,I posted a thread on the forum about spreading Bitcoin awareness in my area and my place of work,which I shared flyers to people in my area about teaching Bitcoin, so that anyone interested can easily contact me. This innovation has started yielding good friuts. One evening I received a call from a lady I don't know,she asked if she was speaking to the person that his contact was on the flyer,I said yes. She introduced herself to me as Mrs Susan Wilson, then said she will love to see me so that we can discuss. This woman is a proprietress  to one of the private schools in my area called Legacy Comprehensive College, we booked an appointment to my own convinent time which she was OK with.
   The next day I went to see her in office, to my greatest surprise she told me to teach her students in the senior secondary school about Bitcoin. I was astonished and marvel on her initiative for her students to learn Bitcoin in school. I then asked her about her knowledge in bitcoin, she said it was her husband that told her alittle about bitcoin. After much discussions she concluded by saying, she wants the best for her school and to create a difference in the area by teaching them more about reality of life than just books. She also asked how much will she pay for the class and I told her that its a voluntary service.

We fixed a date for that class but because of my busy schedule with work,It didn't work out. On Sunday evening Mrs Susan Wilson called again, saying that hope I will be able to come the next day which was yesterday for the class that she has already informed the students. I thought of it and told her that I will come on Tuesday which is today. Yesterday I met with my boss and told him I will becoming three hour late to work today which he permitted me.

Today being Tuesday 20th of September is my birthday so I voluntarily taught the students of Legacy Comprehensive College,SSS2 class Bitcoin, as my birthday gift to them. It was really a wonderful day, teaching these lovely and brilliant students  about bitcoin,even a staff of the school also joined in the class, he said he loves to learn something new as a teacher. A lot of questions was been asked by the students,a girl even asked how can you own a bitcoin which I told them all they need to know about bitcoin excluding the investment aspect, the class lasted for one and half hour. This is my first time to teach Bitcoin in school, after the class I saw that the students were so excited learning something new.

Mrs Susan Wilson is the lady beside me, she pleaded with me to come back and take them the practical class on Bitcoin that the school has a computer lab.
My birthday was fun teaching these students,I had to take this pictures for remembrance and to also show to forum members to update you about  this. I need your contributions or observations,advice to my passion of spreading Bitcoin in my locality.

https://i.imgur.com/wI5iPIN.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/5Gbnb2k.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/j1jBeEc.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/mYteEZy.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/bXza2Ir.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/M26wT2h.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/3ATfpqn.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/xi1UK6W.jpeg

Activity: 295
Merit: 98
September 20, 2022, 06:43:26 PM
Back then in primary school, my teacher will always sing to us that "children are the leaders of tomorrow". If children are the leaders of tomorrow I believe they are meant to be taught the right thing that will help their future. Since those student are getting  to learn Bitcoin at their age, is really going to do them good.
You are fabulous 🤩 OP, and happy birthday to you.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1246
September 20, 2022, 06:32:08 PM
Wow!!! Frankolala, what a wonderful work done. I really appreciate what you have done like me. Your birthday gift is nice. You really tried by introducing bitcoin to the school. Your effort will not be forgotten. Keep up the fire. Let the fire burning to everyone in your locality. Mostly the market women. Teaching bitcoin in school is one of the best things every teacher should do because the spreading of bitcoin to everyone is needed. According to a saying that "teachers reward is in heaven" but I don't believe that, that is true. Your reward will given on Earth. Please also look for a way to teach them the practical aspect of the theory. So that can or will understand well the topic. Bitcoin classes need practical. If there is no practical, most of them will not understand your teaching. Even phone use it for the practical aspect.

Happy birthday.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 253
September 20, 2022, 06:12:25 PM
Great job OP what have did you do by teaching your student about bitcoin is most important because nowadays bitcoin have been digital currency transaction adapting by global community. You spent your time teaching your student about bitcoin and applause you not only explain with advantage from bitcoin but also you explained about disadvantage side with bitcoin.

I think become alternative side job by your student later after graduate because they have know with bitcoin and get chance how to earn money with bitcoin trough as investment or trying become influencer and adapting bitcoin as payment currency transaction. Little suggestion maybe you can teach them using computer and show directly with exchange market how to withdraw and deposit bitcoin trough cash money. You can recommended for your student about which one recommended exchange market for registering.
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
September 20, 2022, 06:06:52 PM
I am at first really surprised that we can teach cryptocurrency in a school. This may not be easy and may not be able ti implemented in any country. In my country, it is like impossible to bring or teach cryptocurrency tot he school because of the very tough regulation and curriculum. Moreover, cryptocurrency is still debatable and causes pros and cons. That is why commonly it is not, except that it is for college in the campus with certain program study. Or this is done for a certain program, an extra program of a university or academy, to have a certain seminar or workshop about it related to crypto.

That is why I really appreciate and feel so happy to see how many more people are able to teach others and introduce them to Bitcoin. I know that this may not be easy moreover if they are really not familiar with the technology. That is why it mayneeds certain continuity for the teaching process.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 167
September 20, 2022, 05:56:40 PM
Mrs. Susan Wilson knows the future of Bitcoin in the future and gives an introduction to her students an extraordinary and wise attitude, because those who will be the next generation in the future, and happy birthday Frankolala you are a great person and become a hero  ...
CONTINUE.....
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
September 20, 2022, 05:30:08 PM
My applause, OP. You have made yourself an unforgettable gift for your birthday. It is very nice to know that there are altruists like you in the world who donate their time to children for free. Nowadays, when the world counts every second, you take time off from work in order to educate children about Bitcoin for free. I really hope that you were able to interest them. But I want to believe that your lessons will not end with an hour and a half of lectures. Children are quickly distracted, and if their interest is not maintained, one lesson will remain one that can be forgotten. 
I sincerely wish that the younger generation starts looking to the future with the confidence that they can achieve the best in their lives, and thank you, OP, for taking such kind steps. 
Happy birthday!
I guess this will make your birthday more satisfying and even memorable on your part knowing you have unlock one of your missions in this world, and that is to share your knowledge to the young minds who have no ideas about bitcoin and cryptocurrency. If we can teach the people about bitcoin, I guess it will be better to chose these young generation as they can be our great successors in the future. Good luck OP on your endeavor and I wish you happy birthday, and hope you made a huge impact on the children’s innocent minds.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
September 20, 2022, 04:20:35 PM
Great initiative Frankolala.

Just one small input, there is no specifics as to how many people "created" Bitcoin. Satoshi could be one person or a group, but with no accuracy, we cannot say Bitcoin was created by a group.
There were people who assisted somewhat, but they cannot be accredited to have created Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127
September 20, 2022, 04:11:13 PM
the bitcoin community needs people like you, not many do this and that's commendable, if there's anything you want to ask about bitcoin that you don't know, ask in this forum because you can learn anything about bitcoin here, keep up the good work

These days people don't have time for others and I really appreciate that OP is doing all this voluntarily for the benefit of his own community.
I do hope that OP tells everyone about this forum, so these learners come on this forum too and gain future knowledge about bitcoins and crypto currencies.
Yes, it should have been included at least for them to know about more Bitcoin but i dont know if its effective considering on status on life which they might not really be having their mobile phones too?
Sorry if im wrong since it would be just presumption but if they do have access via mobile phone and does have net then it would really be resulting into that kind of curiosity which would really be adding
up into their interest on what BItcoin is all about. Good initiative and something recommendable on what OP have done on here.This is something  that not everyone would be doing
and this is purely a voluntary action just to spread up awareness. Good job!
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1024
Hello Leo! You can still win.
September 20, 2022, 03:47:56 PM
Congratulations Frankola for this good move and happy birthday, I wish you more years and endless grace.

This is a very nice move, though I am not a fan of teaching kids about uncensored bitcoin knowledge. What do I mean, you said you thought them about the investment aspect, I do not agree with that aspect. The basic knowledge of bitcoin is good for them. Majority of the students are below 18years and would not be able to take responsibility of the consequences of investing in bitcoin. Most of them could risk their school fees in bitcoin and thereby stagnate their education. If you will teach them again, don't teach them about investment yet.

I observed where you mentioned that one of the disadvantages of bitcoin is volatility and you also said one can earn a living by trading bitcoin. It is a big contradiction. Volatility of bitcoin is more of an advantage than disadvantage. If bitcoin was to be a stable coin, majority of us wouldn't be here.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 702
September 20, 2022, 03:18:56 PM
Good work OP. Nice to see you adding the knowledge you already have about Crypto-currency to your locality. Since many people have started to develop the interest of spreading Crypto-currency knowledge to their community I think it's time we had a discussion on what really need to be taught to kids about Crypto-currency.

I was recently in a soft argument with someone about teaching the younger ones about crypto-currency but he asked why teach something to kids when they aren't of the legal age to even own or perform crypto-currency transactions, although I have been in Crypto for a while now but I have not really thought there is any age restrictions to that, I don't know if the restrictions is different in other countries.

I think educating the younger ones about crypto-currency should not be extensive, I think just like the OP has taught those kids we should adhere to it by teaching them the basis, personally I think anyone else teaching kids about owning a wallets, performing transactions on exchanges and even trading is leading them astray going by their age.
Pages:
Jump to: