Pages:
Author

Topic: Invitation to the "Bitcoin Forum Metaverse" artwork project - page 2. (Read 490 times)

1Dq
copper member
Activity: 374
Merit: 1055
Bitcoin Artist
Saying the forum hasn't really actualized an excellent recognition based on its global contributes, that's true infact, with how much this forum has has expanded its initiative, I bet if even a lengthy recognition or rewards wouldn't still perfect enough to fill the well deserved pool because bitcointalk forum has been doing more than enough of simplifying the complexity of the global economy structures, education, politics and Societies etc and creating feasible visual future.

Exactly. And since at least members know that we can and should celebrate this fact.
It's pretty obvious how me as an artist will do it...  Grin

...with the valuable help of you, fellow members of course!

So to my content of creative thought pertaining the celebration of the 15th anniversary of this forum, I'm thinking if those platforms that has or are running ADs and signature campaigns and even the decentralized and centralized exchanges could run ADs for us in respective of this anniversary using the designed artworks to representing the forum and bitcoin at large so that the celebration would go viral in Speculations.
That'd serve as more attractions to the fortune of this forum and bitcoin at large just as earlier said.

So you're thinking we could ask these platforms for sponsorship of sorts?
That seems very logical and should be on the list for this project's next step.

Can you just please expand a bit more on how that would make it viral in Speculations?

Thank you for your thoughts AVE5!

Activity: 154
Merit: 33
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Saying the forum hasn't really actualized an excellent recognition based on its global contributes, that's true infact, with how much this forum has has expanded its initiative, I bet if even a lengthy recognition or rewards wouldn't still perfect enough to fill the well deserved pool because bitcointalk forum has been doing more than enough of simplifying the complexity of the global economy structures, education, politics and Societies etc and creating feasible visual future.
So to my content of creative thought pertaining the celebration of the 15th anniversary of this forum, I'm thinking if those platforms that has or are running ADs and signature campaigns and even the decentralized and centralized exchanges could run ADs for us in respective of this anniversary using the designed artworks to representing the forum and bitcoin at large so that the celebration would go viral in Speculations.
That'd serve as more attractions to the fortune of this forum and bitcoin at large just as earlier said.
1Dq
copper member
Activity: 374
Merit: 1055
Bitcoin Artist

Hello.

I'm 1Dq, this forum’s dedicated Bitcoin artist (mostly active in this forum's Collectibles board) that made these:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/list-of-original-artworks-by-1dq-5216743

Besides creating quality Bitcoin-related art I also like working with different kinds of people.
In 2019 I started the first BTCtalk’s collective project in which we put our minds and efforts together and
(continuing in 2024) created Bitcollector.
It was all about gathering Bitcoin physical artifacts and artworks and about the person collecting them.

The project ended successfully with a canvas painting and 21 prints.
It showed us that we can cooperate and have fun discussions that produce a quality product.
Recently, we begin our second and bigger project to go a step or two further.

I INVITE YOU TO JOIN

Bitcoin forum’s 2nd collective artwork with 1Dq, titled

BITCOIN FORUM METAVERSE

As you know, 22nd November 2024 is Bitcoin forum’s 15th Anniversary.

This board has not gotten enough credit for all it has contributed, developed, researched, educated and otherwise done for everybody it connects.
I propose to make a visual representation of everything it means to us in the form of a big, detailed painting.
It will serve as a monument in this time and can help people identify, glorify, connect and celebrate this place we are all co-creating every day.
This artwork can be used for any of BTCtalk’s 15th anniversary events!

For basis, we can use my digital artwork, I created for BTCtalk’s 10th anniversary artwork competition:

10 Years of Constructing the Future, 2019, Photoshop, max res 3000x4000pix

I painted the Bitcoin forum as a futuristic world that is under permanent construction.
In the background is the huge tower that stretches towards the skies and has a big BTC on its side.
Below it are the (robot) inhabitants, doing their forumy things, from trading, discussing, educating, collecting… In the bottom right is Theymos, overlooking things.

Above artwork is just a starting point.
With everybody’s ideas and knowledge it can be completely redone and that’s where the fun begins!

WHAT IS OUR TASK?

We need to rebuild my 5 year old artwork from ground up into an updated, more relevant, bigger and better painting.

My job will be to first curate the discussion and then visualize what we have brainstormed.

To begin, I suggest everybody ask themselves questions such as:

What got me on this board and why I stayed here?
What do I love most about it?
What have I learned here?
How do I visualize my existence here?
What does this forum remind me of?
What are the most meaningful facts about BTCtalk?
Is there anything I don’t like here and what is it?
What question do I want to ask everybody here?

And then post your thoughts in the comments either below here or in the project's main thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/join-the-bitcoin-forum-metaverse-art-project-with-btc-artist-1dq-5501779

HOW AND WHEN ARE WE DOING THIS?

I will track the project in 5 phases:

PHASE 1 (NOW - July, August): Posting all kinds of different ideas, from conceptual, to details, promotion, title, style...

PHASE 2 (August, September): I start visualizing our rough concept through one or more digital sketches.
We evaluate these together until we come to a consensus for how we'd like the finished artwork to appear.
We also determine in what way my work and the effort of all included will be rewarded and how the artwork and prints will be sold.

PHASE 3 (September, October): I work on the actual artwork, updating you regularly. We promote the project to all interested, especially on Btctalk.
Changes might still be made to final artwork.

PHASE 4 (October, November): The finished artwork and prints are put on sale/auctions/raffles and/or other means of distribution for compensation.

PHASE 5 (November, December): Final act of the project when we evaluate it and debate developing future projects.

We have already started PHASE 1!

HOW DOES ONE JOIN THE PROJECT AND WHAT DOES JOINING MEAN?

You join simply by contributing something useful either in this thread,
the OG project thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/join-the-bitcoin-forum-metaverse-art-project-with-btc-artist-1dq-5501779
or privately via DM.
It can be through ideas, technical tips or some other help about the concept, the execution, this thread or anything you feel like commenting.

Anyone that will contribute a useful post will be granted some merit (usually 1-3)
and might get some sort of a bonus in the end like free shipping for a print they buy.

Top contributors will get their nicknames incorporated into the artwork’s unique visual code,
that you can check on Bitcollectors bottom left corner (more about the code later).

PROMOTION

To make this project big and artwork truly epic, I'd like to invite everybody from all parts of this forum to come join[/b],
or at least take a peek at what we are developing.
I wouldn’t limit this to members of this forum, this can be a good opportunity to draft new people here,
especially since this artwork will embody this forum’s greatness!

And I’d also ask our admins for help.
It would be awesome if we could get a shoutout on the news bracket!
If anyone can help with that, please let me know.

TLDR;

I'm painting a new artwork that's all about the Bitcoin Forum as a futuristic world.
You are invited to join in its brainstorming.
We will redo my 5 year old digital artwork (scroll above) into a new acrylics on canvas.
You can participate by sharing ideas on what to visualize from the overall atmosphere to details.
By 22th November, the canvas and prints will be sold and we will celebrate BTCtalk's 15th anniversary.

This is the project's main brainstorming thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/join-the-bitcoin-forum-metaverse-art-project-with-btc-artist-1dq-5501779,
but you can also share your ideas in this one.

Cheers!

Pages:
Jump to: