Author

Topic: IOTA - page 163. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 147
Merit: 100
November 30, 2017, 02:26:30 AM
Zero fees------$100 --2018 and moon. Maybe catch up to btc...

Let us remember that it takes time for adoption, just because its superior does not mean it will be adopted instantly, time will pay off on this trade. Buy and forget for 2+ years.

I bought IOTA before releasing to any exchange and still holding on those gold coins. Yes, in 2 years time if it reaches to $30 I can make lot of money from it.
copper member
Activity: 137
Merit: 31
November 30, 2017, 12:20:25 AM

Let us remember that it takes time for adoption, just because its superior does not mean it will be adopted instantly, time will pay off on this trade. Buy and forget for 2+ years.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
November 29, 2017, 11:13:50 PM
Guys, you think this is not the time to invest in IOTA anymore?

I am really interested in investing into this technology. I just don't know if it is the right time. Will it fall or will it go up now?

Reading through 50 pages back i saw people are speculating - 50$. No time frame. Long term hold.

That would put us at a market cap over Bitcoin!

Not saying it isn't possible - lots and lots more money will be coming to crypto next year....

But I'd be happy with $5, then $10 first =)
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
November 29, 2017, 04:01:45 PM
Can someone tell me why this token does not have as much clout as bitcoin? From everything I have read the DAG is better than blockchain.

because it has significant risks for now, that bitcoin doesn't
- iota is still centralized working with a coordinator. Until we see it work without, we don't event have a proof of concept
- wealth is currently in hands of very few people. Iota was poorly distributed which may create liquidity problems later
- there are unresolved technical problems - see transactions hanging for days, balances that need to be recovered routinely, etc
- there was big snafu on the technical side where they decided to roll their own encryption algo, which in the security/technical world is a capital sin. A lot of credibility was lost with this

Excellent points.  Lots of excited hype out there but you should still view IOTA through a rational prism.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
November 29, 2017, 03:36:48 PM
All nice and good but meanwhile I am staring at a blank screen on my Android phone because it cannot connect to the network.

Bitcoin on the other hand: no problemo. Even while BeeCash or other villains at spamming the mempool. This is not meant to talk IOTA down but it sure isn’t free of alpha problems.
Activity: 43
November 29, 2017, 03:12:14 PM

I am really interested in investing into this technology. I just don't know if it is the right time. Will it fall or will it go up now?

Stronger than ever..... It just broke it's all time high, and lot of good news, partnerships with establishes companies, microsoft, bosch, etc. Soon, they'll release a new wallet. It's a BUY and long term hold.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
November 29, 2017, 02:04:21 PM
Activity: 26
Merit: 5
November 29, 2017, 01:00:38 PM
Activity: 208
November 29, 2017, 12:33:20 PM
Decentralised Cryptocurrency is Dead, but There is a Hope - IOTA

Blockchain is turning from something revolutionary to just another model of the same old, rotten system. If your thought that bitcoin would democratise the financial order and will cut out the middlemen, think again.

It’s not about the technology you are using: blockchain, tangle, 2x blocks, smart contracts, segwits, lightning networks, Schnorr or whatever the nerds will come up with. A problem can be solved in different ways.

The issue is more profound. Satoshi’s original vision is flawed.

Centralisation makes cryptocurrency obsolete

If you have a very few individuals that control the destiny of a coin, what makes it different from the current monetary system? You replace the central banks with central miners. So why bother?

The dream is dead

The power that was handed over to the miners is the same that destroyed the idea of a decentralised cryptocurrency. The dream is dead. Any coin that manages to become a leader in the cryptospace will face the same problem, unless it gets rid of the miners.

There is hope

No one should be above the system or have another motivation apart of being part of it. There shouldn’t be any difference between miners and users. Every member of the whole should be equal. It can be done if you go to the root of the issue and remove the financial rewards of running the network. No rewards = no inequality. No inequality = no centralisation.

Read the full article: https://coinidol.com/decentralised-cryptocurrency-is-dead/

Thank you for that.
Learned a lot just by reading through IOTA pages here on forum.

Activity: 51
November 29, 2017, 11:42:17 AM
when ppl realize that IOTA is the better ether and even the better Bitcoin! fly!
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
November 29, 2017, 09:40:09 AM

Depend on timeframe u want to take profit. For next hour it is not good entry point. For next mounth - it is.

Guys, look at it logically, yes there are big news around IOTA, but but but, we must not forget the wild ride bitcoin (and its family) is doing at the moment. It is rising like crazy with hundreds of dollars per day. You can also look at the second alt - ETH, it is also rising like crazy at the moment. So it is logical that most of the top alts (including IOTA) rise at the moment. It seems like an uptrend, so I am not sure if this is the right moment to invest or not.
Activity: 966
Merit: 264
November 29, 2017, 09:35:03 AM
Decentralised Cryptocurrency is Dead, but There is a Hope - IOTA

Blockchain is turning from something revolutionary to just another model of the same old, rotten system. If your thought that bitcoin would democratise the financial order and will cut out the middlemen, think again.

It’s not about the technology you are using: blockchain, tangle, 2x blocks, smart contracts, segwits, lightning networks, Schnorr or whatever the nerds will come up with. A problem can be solved in different ways.

The issue is more profound. Satoshi’s original vision is flawed.

Centralisation makes cryptocurrency obsolete

If you have a very few individuals that control the destiny of a coin, what makes it different from the current monetary system? You replace the central banks with central miners. So why bother?

The dream is dead

The power that was handed over to the miners is the same that destroyed the idea of a decentralised cryptocurrency. The dream is dead. Any coin that manages to become a leader in the cryptospace will face the same problem, unless it gets rid of the miners.

There is hope

No one should be above the system or have another motivation apart of being part of it. There shouldn’t be any difference between miners and users. Every member of the whole should be equal. It can be done if you go to the root of the issue and remove the financial rewards of running the network. No rewards = no inequality. No inequality = no centralisation.

Read the full article: https://coinidol.com/decentralised-cryptocurrency-is-dead/

Activity: 247
Merit: 10
November 29, 2017, 09:24:52 AM

Depend on timeframe u want to take profit. For next hour it is not good entry point. For next mounth - it is.
Activity: 275
November 29, 2017, 08:21:37 AM
Activity: 560
Merit: 256
November 29, 2017, 08:13:36 AM
Hello everybody. How do you think the growth of the coin is a temporary phenomenon? Or were there any news that the coin so went up ??
Activity: 252
Merit: 11
November 29, 2017, 06:56:26 AM
Can someone tell me why this token does not have as much clout as bitcoin? From everything I have read the DAG is better than blockchain.

because it has significant risks for now, that bitcoin doesn't
- iota is still centralized working with a coordinator. Until we see it work without, we don't event have a proof of concept
- wealth is currently in hands of very few people. Iota was poorly distributed which may create liquidity problems later
- there are unresolved technical problems - see transactions hanging for days, balances that need to be recovered routinely, etc
- there was big snafu on the technical side where they decided to roll their own encryption algo, which in the security/technical world is a capital sin. A lot of credibility was lost with this
Activity: 294
November 29, 2017, 06:41:02 AM
I understand long term, however good to invest now or wait till it drops? What you think?

Half of investment to buy now. Predictions are it will climb to 1.8$ today.

Half of investment on 0.8$ when the hype started - partnership, korean exchange.

Anyway you cant miss.

I am a iota hodler but did a big mistake to sell 50% of the bag when the price started climbing.

Honestly I dont think it is the best time to invest now, as the other guys said, just go back the pages and you'll see a lot of price predictions. In any case, violent price increase is unlikely to happen soon, currently there are big news and new exchanges, hence price goes up naturally now.

I would like to buy some more IOTA myself, but honestly I have no idea when. I dont think it will ever again fall below 1 USD, so.... welcome to the crypto world
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643
November 29, 2017, 06:40:19 AM
Trouble with node connection today - can anyone point me at a remote node list?

Looks like I need to try another one!
Activity: 275
November 29, 2017, 05:34:40 AM
Iota has good project but currently unusable, nothing works, wallet so bugged, very slow, all node are bugged, transaction uncorfirmed in tangle for days. Iota missed all my balance 2 times and i need to work all day to fix that.
Now i have another bugs like 'ERROR: PRIVATE KEY REUSE DETECTED' and i cant spent my balance, trying to fix using android wallet.

You better do some reading on how to use the wallet properly, especially about the reuse of addresses. Not reusing addresses is fundamentally important, better move to a new seed, when you have access to your IOTA again.

I just created this SEED, bought some iotas on bitfinex and withdrew to this seed wallet. And now and trying to transfer to bitfinex again.

Now i think its late, looks like i got hacked, i only typed the seed in desktop iota wallet and android iota wallet, i dont think that my pc is compromised.

I cant understand, in bitcoin i have 1 address and 1 privatekey, iota has like 1 private key and infinite address? How i can know if this adreess in mine or not?
Transaction : https://iotasear.ch/transaction/DMALOWUUMKUKJYG9FNAMVWLTXRQBLH9QBTCWHGBWESVGXKAOMGKITNNPSVMLYPPEDEQKNFYVHRROZ9999

everything seems ok with the amount on the adress.

In the IOTA Network you have your Seed (It will ever be the same like your secret key to your IOTAS. You can have as much adresses as you want. When you do not lose your seed the balance where you created the adresses is on the ssed. Sometimes it needs some time but the balance is stil fine in your adress. Dont worry just attache some adresses ... Last time I needed attaching 30 Adresses till my balance was there.

Just attache some new adresses when you are logged in in the wallet then you will see your balance.

Activity: 212
ASK ME FOR LOANS
November 29, 2017, 05:23:42 AM
I understand long term, however good to invest now or wait till it drops? What you think?

Instead of waiting by in small quantities at different price levels over the time.
Jump to: