Author

Topic: IOTA - page 202. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
October 09, 2017, 05:37:08 PM
Fuck the banks. We don't need them.
One day there will be a fiat linked token on IOTA network for fiat settlement (like Dollar ERC20) if anybody still want to use fiat

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
October 09, 2017, 09:18:43 AM
If IOTA goes through with bank partnerships its going to get way bigger than it already is. Does anyone have any idea which banks they're in talks with?

Where did you read something regarding banks? For me it doesn't really make sense to focus on Banking, IOTA doesn't seem to use the tech banks need. I'm more thinking about Internet of things devices like smartphones (samsung is working on a IOTA phone), kitchen appliances (BOSH is working on IOTA devices), and so on.

Different chronological order.
Once there is a machine economy of course they need to take part, cannot ignore a new paradigm for overly long. For a bank money is a bussiness, not a geeks hobby. I think we are investing more bitcoins for our hobbys than any professional bank would advise to be sane.
Just now Zomg! Banks! is nonsense.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
October 09, 2017, 07:32:13 AM

You must have misread that. There will supposedly be a new version of the extisting GUI wallet this week.

The UCL wallet you linked to is due in "weeks to months".

Oh, ok. Thanks for the correction.
legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
October 09, 2017, 06:53:42 AM

You must have misread that. There will supposedly be a new version of the extisting GUI wallet this week.

The UCL wallet you linked to is due in "weeks to months".
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
October 09, 2017, 06:14:17 AM
Translated from Russian through a translator. Do not judge strictly.
A few words about the wallet GUI:
I must say that I am a supporter of IOTA for several months. Finally decided to try out the technology that is called taste. Downloaded the wallet GUI and decided to translate a few Miota from the stock exchange on the wallet. I have to say that I was somewhat disappointed with the result of the experiment.
What's not to like:
1) the Interface is not user friendly. If I was not previously familiar with IOTA, then would not work with the IOTA. Therefore, I am not a supporter of IOTA listing on other exchanges. Until you bring a purse to mind.
2) a few hours could not get my balance. It remained 0. That distressing. Annoying manual work. Could all be automated. Moreover, it has already kind of done. Could release an update of the wallet.
3) the Translation is only for buttons. Tips on how to work with the wallet only in English.
4) If the node is unavailable, the menu at startup shows only the icon IOTA. Faced not only me. To enter you need to choose another node. It is necessary to make a hint.
5) Could add a button to your balance. Unfortunately the button is not there.
6) it is Necessary to wallet remembered the story deals with a non-zero balance. And make two screens. Confirmed the balance and the balance stored in the history of the purse. I don't like what I have to remember your balance and write it on a piece of paper.
P. S There are more comments, but still staying on it.

There will be a new wallet this week.

https://medium.com/iota-ucl/wallet-refresh-the-case-for-a-desktop-app-8aebaf19520a

From the screenshots in the article I can tell that the UX design is great!
The whole community will be very happy when this wallet goes out, imho it will help even further with adoption, user-friendliness and will create demand leading to a price increase
October 09, 2017, 06:06:37 AM
I must say that I am a supporter of IOTA for several months. Finally decided to try out the technology that is called taste. Downloaded the wallet GUI and decided to translate a few Miota from the stock exchange on the wallet. I have to say that I was somewhat disappointed with the result of the experiment.
What's not to like:
1) the Interface is not user friendly. If I was not previously familiar with IOTA, then would not work with the IOTA. Therefore, I am not a supporter of IOTA listing on other exchanges. Until you bring a purse to mind.
2) a few hours could not get my balance. It remained 0. That distressing. Annoying manual work. Could all be automated. Moreover, it has already kind of done. Could release an update of the wallet.
3) the Translation is only for buttons. Tips on how to work with the wallet only in English.
4) If the node is unavailable, the menu at startup shows only the icon IOTA. Faced not only me. To enter you need to choose another node. It is necessary to make a hint.
6) it is Necessary to wallet remembered the story deals with a non-zero balance. And make two screens. Confirmed the balance and the balance stored in the history of the purse. I don't like what I have to remember your balance and write it on a piece of paper.

There will be a new wallet this week.

https://medium.com/iota-ucl/wallet-refresh-the-case-for-a-desktop-app-8aebaf19520a
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
October 09, 2017, 05:11:02 AM
What's not to like:
Activity: 616
Merit: 263
October 09, 2017, 04:53:18 AM
If IOTA goes through with bank partnerships its going to get way bigger than it already is. Does anyone have any idea which banks they're in talks with?

Where did you read something regarding banks? For me it doesn't really make sense to focus on Banking, IOTA doesn't seem to use the tech banks need. I'm more thinking about Internet of things devices like smartphones (samsung is working on a IOTA phone), kitchen appliances (BOSH is working on IOTA devices), and so on.
October 09, 2017, 04:05:40 AM
Monster Cleaning is now accepting IOTA payments

https://monstercleaning.com/accepting-iota
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
October 08, 2017, 07:26:19 PM
October 07, 2017, 11:15:21 AM
Any response to my question? I'm still looking for a IOTA test node.

I created an iOS app as POC for an idea I had in my mind for some time. Currently the app uses a regular rational database. I want to create a version based on decentralized database, in particular on the tangle. I don't run a IOTA node. Is there a IOTA node or testnet available to use for development and testing activities?

Oh, and is there a ready-to-use API wrapper for Objective-c or Swift available?
dude, this is a BTC forum and therefore not very active
Ask this at IOTA slack (or forum, but slack is more active), look here:
https://slack.iota.org/
https://forum.iota.org/

As far as I know there is a testnet ("sandbox"), look here:
https://dev.iota.org/

Here are a few tutorials:
https://learn.iota.org/
Activity: 143
Merit: 90
October 07, 2017, 11:06:22 AM
Any response to my question? I'm still looking for a IOTA test node.

I created an iOS app as POC for an idea I had in my mind for some time. Currently the app uses a regular rational database. I want to create a version based on decentralized database, in particular on the tangle. I don't run a IOTA node. Is there a IOTA node or testnet available to use for development and testing activities?

Oh, and is there a ready-to-use API wrapper for Objective-c or Swift available?
October 07, 2017, 11:03:26 AM
Iota is in discussion with national banks...?

https://i.imgur.com/h0T1rwf.png
IOTA is superior tech and therefore everybody which is serious in this field has to talk with IOTA.
I just hope that BTC/ETH bagholders will continue this FUD campaign against IOTA and drive the undervaluation further to even cheaper prices until this whole potential will be noticed
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
October 07, 2017, 06:45:37 AM
Iota is in discussion with national banks...?

https://i.imgur.com/h0T1rwf.png
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
October 07, 2017, 05:58:46 AM
Thanks for video. Really good perspective I beleive!  Cool
legendary
2009 Alea iacta est
October 05, 2017, 09:14:55 PM
What i think about IOTA as an investement??
Just look this picture. It shows IOTA two years groving percentage...
Without any words, just numbers...

Seems NXT outperformed IOTA (+418733% !!!), percentage rise wise. However originating from the almost same people I think it will keep up with NXT's success one day. Quadrupling on this speculative angle.
I want to be aboard on that.
I think one day it will even outperform NXT because it is more mature (not a blockchain, this is a big plus!) and real world adoption oriented.
legendary
2009 Alea iacta est
October 05, 2017, 07:54:31 PM
Silkos is discussing to implement the tangle technology of IOTA into their blockchain business development Technology.
 A Online encrypted marketplace.

https://medium.com/@SilkosSLK/silkos-and-iota-d2c7281153f8
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
October 05, 2017, 06:45:59 PM
Thought I would just cross post this here as a PSA just incase it maybe helps somebody. I wasnt aware (until very recently) of that thread even though it applied directly to me so maybe there are others like me. Anyway don't think it can hurt.

Alright guys, time to close the issue with the pending manual claims. To make sure everything is correct, let's do some extra checks during the preparation phase:

Send your NEW address generated with the NEWEST wallet software to [email protected] from THAT VERY EMAIL ADDRESS you used to claim the iotas. Only 90 chars of the address, nothing else, not even "Hi". Use the following subject for the letter:
Code:
MANUAL-CLAIM

PS: If someone doesn't do that because they haven't seen this post then nothing bad should happen but that may delay the completion of the claim process.
legendary
Activity: 1447
Merit: 1028
October 05, 2017, 05:46:10 PM
Any news about new wallet / chance to get my coins back from iota foundation? it´s hard to sit here and waitin with an empty wallet  Undecided

As you know a new wallet will came arround with all needed features to recover your passed transition phase, stay calm as you did all time. If you re a ICO investor you can be thankful to have been protected about early sellouts.  Wink

Let me share with you this clip to have a better understanding about IOTA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_jNH9BlEEo

best regards

Nice Job to the cryptonauts team!, you ve made your homework. Some people will take a deeper look at your channel and your project at all.  Wink
Jump to: