Author

Topic: IOTA - page 201. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
October 13, 2017, 12:10:55 AM
Does Solarcoin and IOTA have any projects together?
Activity: 656
Merit: 500
October 12, 2017, 07:47:57 AM
How is BitConnect better than IOTA ... market is totally irrational right now  Huh And if you check 'onchainfx' market cap, IOTA is 16th. Lots of room to grow from here, especially considering how advanced IOTA's tech is and that Bitcoin is in a bull market now.
Activity: 274
Merit: 251
October 12, 2017, 03:41:09 AM
IOTA will make a revolution in the crypto world. Buy while it is cheap.

Not yet. Seems like 0.3-0.35USD will be good entry
Activity: 169
Merit: 10
October 11, 2017, 09:59:28 PM
Explore the Gartner Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2018
https://www.forbes.com/sites/gartnergroup/2017/10/03/heres-whats-trending-for-technology-in-2018/

Gartner Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPbKyD2bAR4

IOTA is really ahead of the curve.
Activity: 146
Merit: 150
October 11, 2017, 08:47:48 PM
what is the reason for setting up an IOTA node? I think there is a lack of incentivation. I could set one up right now but why? Also I can't find a how to set up...
no inflation is nice for the end user but the network will suffer.

I strongly suggest to make a PoS for nodes with a small inflation of 2% p.a. (draghi would still get a boner)

For now the incentive is the users have interests in IOTA. In the future the incentive is the users have interests in IOTA such as being able to transfer data freely and buy and sell without transaction fees. In my opinion, the user validation (no fees and no third party validators) is the most innovative and important and advanced part for IOTA.
Activity: 784
October 11, 2017, 06:55:54 PM
what is the reason for setting up an IOTA node? I think there is a lack of incentivation. I could set one up right now but why? Also I can't find a how to set up...
no inflation is nice for the end user but the network will suffer.

I strongly suggest to make a PoS for nodes with a small inflation of 2% p.a. (draghi would still get a boner)
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
October 11, 2017, 01:44:01 PM
When is the new version release planned to recover the non-transitioned IOTA? Wasn't it planned for last week, was it?
Overdue. IRI releases are like every two weeks. Ask paulhandy (but dont know where to reach him)

When seeing your #Looking for a project to contribute @tyz I think they should hire some workforce to settle things. You would be a fit for application.
I would volunteer myself, if asked. Imagining a ledger clerk type of job, coming more close to beeing an attendant at birth.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
October 10, 2017, 03:52:06 PM
When is the new version release planned to recover the non-transitioned IOTA? Wasn't it planned for last week, was it?
Activity: 146
Merit: 150
October 10, 2017, 11:09:26 AM
On the other hand, the coin is somewhat centralized at the moment because of something called the coordinator that is controlled by the IOTA foundation. It acts as a way to prevent a hostile agent from disrupting the network by controlling a significant portion of it.  IOTA says that this is only temporary until the network grows and becomes more stable.  Others say the coin will never function without it, I'd recommend doing your own research and deciding for yourself. I personally think it has a lot of potential.

I could not find a supporting argument by those who say that IOTA will never function without the coordinator. Is the concern reasonably justified?  

Actually even today the iota users can run wallets without the coo. The only issue is that you have to build the wallets without the coo yourselves. The core wallet does not offer this option currently yet.
Activity: 596
October 10, 2017, 09:27:39 AM
On the other hand, the coin is somewhat centralized at the moment because of something called the coordinator that is controlled by the IOTA foundation. It acts as a way to prevent a hostile agent from disrupting the network by controlling a significant portion of it.  IOTA says that this is only temporary until the network grows and becomes more stable.  Others say the coin will never function without it, I'd recommend doing your own research and deciding for yourself. I personally think it has a lot of potential.

I could not find a supporting argument by those who say that IOTA will never function without the coordinator. Is the concern reasonably justified?  

People saying the network will never work without Coo are mainly people with clear interest conflicts. Not sure we have a real and objective view on this until stresstests results are published.
Activity: 406
Merit: 253
October 10, 2017, 08:01:18 AM

Activity: 68
October 10, 2017, 07:22:38 AM
IOTA and ruuvi. That is great!

Messaging protected with symmetric key encryption over distributed ledger
https://lab.ruuvi.com/iota/
Activity: 111
October 09, 2017, 06:53:08 PM
I am thinking to buy this coin. Is this good coin?

The opinion of IOTA seems to be split. On one hand they have a revolutionary idea, a unique approach, and a working product. You can send any amount of iota without worrying about fees, which is pretty unique in the crypto world. On the other hand, the coin is somewhat centralized at the moment because of something called the coordinator that is controlled by the IOTA foundation. It acts as a way to prevent a hostile agent from disrupting the network by controlling a significant portion of it.  IOTA says that this is only temporary until the network grows and becomes more stable.  Others say the coin will never function without it, I'd recommend doing your own research and deciding for yourself. I personally think it has a lot of potential.

I think the same way. IOTA was one of my first investments in Cryptos. It will just take time (more than other coins will need) in order for IOTA to really take off. Just HODL!
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
October 09, 2017, 06:48:17 PM

if you do more than an hour research
you will find that it is the best of all ....

Activity: 99
Information Sponge
October 09, 2017, 06:36:17 PM

The opinion of IOTA seems to be split. On one hand they have a revolutionary idea, a unique approach, and a working product. You can send any amount of iota without worrying about fees, which is pretty unique in the crypto world. On the other hand, the coin is somewhat centralized at the moment because of something called the coordinator that is controlled by the IOTA foundation. It acts as a way to prevent a hostile agent from disrupting the network by controlling a significant portion of it.  IOTA says that this is only temporary until the network grows and becomes more stable.  Others say the coin will never function without it, I'd recommend doing your own research and deciding for yourself. I personally think it has a lot of potential.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
October 09, 2017, 05:56:07 PM

Activity: 784
October 09, 2017, 05:52:41 PM
Fuck the banks. We don't need them.

Yes, we need them for intermediary services. No, we do not need them for every 'service' they currently offer/role they play. I do not think the future will be without banks. But their services will be different.
maybe intermediary service in the next years.
2020+ and after this big financial bubble burst they have lost their last reputation and everybody will use crypto tokens even for fiat transactions
Activity: 532
Merit: 102
October 09, 2017, 05:49:26 PM
so you guys think IOTA will kick it even more?
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
October 09, 2017, 05:41:11 PM

Yes, we need them for intermediary services. No, we do not need them for every 'service' they currently offer/role they play. I do not think the future will be without banks. But their services will be different.
Activity: 619
Merit: 251
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
October 09, 2017, 05:38:03 PM
One day there will be a fiat linked token on IOTA network for fiat settlement (like Dollar ERC20) if anybody still want to use fiat

I love this part about people that are into cryptocurrencies. Zero respect for the current financial system, as it deserves.
Jump to: