Author

Topic: IOTA - page 233. (Read 1473233 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
August 22, 2017, 04:37:15 AM
I just bought 160 MIOTA because I really believe in this technology. I wonder if there are any realistic forecasts for this coin? What do you guys think? Can this be similar succesfull than ETH (like 250 USD or something in a few years)?
Activity: 448
Merit: 103
August 22, 2017, 02:45:02 AM
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
August 21, 2017, 08:57:43 PM
trading volume IOTA is huge and is included in the top 10 in marketcap. But although the volume of trade transactions on the market is quite large, why not listing om bittrex and poloniex ? Please who knows the reason why can be like that explain to me. Thanks.

Because IOTA is a new technology and it takes time for the exchanges to code and test the integration. But people have been saying that several exchanges are working on it at this moment.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 252
Dextrust.org #Defi
August 21, 2017, 08:44:48 PM
 trading volume IOTA is huge and is included in the top 10 in marketcap. But although the volume of trade transactions on the market is quite large, why not listing om bittrex and poloniex ? Please who knows the reason why can be like that explain to me. Thanks.
Activity: 210
Merit: 101
Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto
August 21, 2017, 08:32:22 PM
So far stable around 0.90 cents .. hopefully will stay that way after being dragged down all the way to 0.13$ during last bloodshed!
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
August 21, 2017, 06:47:12 PM
I've been watching Iota for quite some time but after that hack and the haircut that we got, I am really reluctant to use Bitfinex. How close are you guys to being listed on something nicer?

weeks
Activity: 300
Merit: 250
August 21, 2017, 06:23:49 PM
many good news will be published for iota soon.
Activity: 108
Merit: 100
August 21, 2017, 05:20:00 PM
This truly feels like a special chain.  Tangle and machine to machine payments FTW
Activity: 336
August 21, 2017, 05:09:01 PM
I've been watching Iota for quite some time but after that hack and the haircut that we got, I am really reluctant to use Bitfinex. How close are you guys to being listed on something nicer?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
August 21, 2017, 04:56:58 PM
Thanks for your help! I tried 3-4 other hosts (such as service.iotasupport.com, iotatoken.nl, eugine.iotasupport.com, iota.bitfinex.com), and keep reattaching that transaction, but still no joy! Undecided
It keeps staying in pending state for many days now. I tried to make another [conflicting] transaction now, but they both are hanging in "pending" state.
All the new receiving addresses I try to attach to tangle, are also hanging in "pending" state. I am now trying to use the wallet with the same seed on another PC, but things seem to be staying the same.

Am I really the only one with such issue? Is everyone able to send/receive without problems now?

Will it help if I switch to full node? CfB, could you please help with some advice?

No good thoughts on that. Extraordinary skills are required to get what the problem is.
August 21, 2017, 04:56:17 PM
Folks, I don't know whether its just me or it has something with the current state of the network... so I thought I would ask here, maybe someone has a solution:

few days ago I initiated a transaction, and it never confirms... I keep rebroadcasting that, and reattaching too (5 times already), all the attempts are shown in history as "pending" (they also show up with considerable delay - like 10 minutes after reattaching complete), but none of them seems to confirm.

I am using the latest 2.4.0 light wallet and I have moved my IOTAs to new seed - btw moving also took awhile, but finally confirmed in 1 day after 3 re-attachings. But this new transaction does not..!

Am I missing anything, and is there anything I can do to, to help it confirm?
Thanks for your help!
Just try another seed (Tools--Edit node configuration), for example service.iotasupport.com, and reattach again.

Thanks for your help! I tried 3-4 other hosts (such as service.iotasupport.com, iotatoken.nl, eugine.iotasupport.com, iota.bitfinex.com), and keep reattaching that transaction, but still no joy! Undecided
It keeps staying in pending state for many days now. I tried to make another [conflicting] transaction now, but they both are hanging in "pending" state.
All the new receiving addresses I try to attach to tangle, are also hanging in "pending" state. I am now trying to use the wallet with the same seed on another PC, but things seem to be staying the same.

Am I really the only one with such issue? Is everyone able to send/receive without problems now?

Will it help if I switch to full node? CfB, could you please help with some advice?

The server may not be synced all time. When you connect to the server, let you wallet run for 20 minutes. When you make transactions or reattach, you need to check if your wallet is synced or not. Check the bottom left corner, there are several numbers. Make sure the first two numbers are same. Otherwise wait for the becoming same. But again, the server may not keep synced all time and you should always check the syncing status when making reattach or transactions. For now you just need to reattach. Do it once every 30 minutes. Don't do it more frequently. You will be fine.

For more help, you probably should post a screen shot of your history.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1073
August 21, 2017, 04:28:45 PM
Folks, I don't know whether its just me or it has something with the current state of the network... so I thought I would ask here, maybe someone has a solution:

few days ago I initiated a transaction, and it never confirms... I keep rebroadcasting that, and reattaching too (5 times already), all the attempts are shown in history as "pending" (they also show up with considerable delay - like 10 minutes after reattaching complete), but none of them seems to confirm.

I am using the latest 2.4.0 light wallet and I have moved my IOTAs to new seed - btw moving also took awhile, but finally confirmed in 1 day after 3 re-attachings. But this new transaction does not..!

Am I missing anything, and is there anything I can do to, to help it confirm?
Thanks for your help!
Just try another seed (Tools--Edit node configuration), for example service.iotasupport.com, and reattach again.

Activity: 196
August 21, 2017, 03:11:32 PM
Does anyone know how to download the wallet? I'm tried downloading it from github multiple times, but half of the time there is no host in the dropdown to link to and the other half of the time there is no Seed. People talk about how amazing IOTA is, but if it's so amazing, why can't they create a decent wallet that easy to download. I'm waiting until I can download a wallet and get it working properly before I buy any IOTA.

wallet is a shit, clearly, thats it.

i also find it should be a direct download link on the iota webpage, instead of keep looking for the damn exe

https://github.com/iotaledger/wallet/releases/download/v2.4.0/IOTA.Wallet.Setup.2.4.0.exe

here is the last version,

any way, a new wallet will appear soon, not made in java crap.

Yeah a lot of people had problems with wallet. If you want massive adoption you need things simple as you can. New people are coming to crypto and if dev's want that those people buy IOTA and hodl in wallet it needs to be simple.
Activity: 262
August 21, 2017, 12:41:36 PM
Does anyone know how to download the wallet? I'm tried downloading it from github multiple times, but half of the time there is no host in the dropdown to link to and the other half of the time there is no Seed. People talk about how amazing IOTA is, but if it's so amazing, why can't they create a decent wallet that easy to download. I'm waiting until I can download a wallet and get it working properly before I buy any IOTA.

wallet is a shit, clearly, thats it.

i also find it should be a direct download link on the iota webpage, instead of keep looking for the damn exe

https://github.com/iotaledger/wallet/releases/download/v2.4.0/IOTA.Wallet.Setup.2.4.0.exe

here is the last version,

any way, a new wallet will appear soon, not made in java crap.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
August 21, 2017, 12:38:27 PM
Just averaged down on some more IOTA

When you download the wallet you have to make your own seed and input it into the wallet just make sure you don't loose your seed. Every time you open the wallet after it was closed it makes your put your seed back in.

Not sure if this is 100% secured but i used this one.
https://iotaseedgenerator.com/
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
August 21, 2017, 12:36:18 PM
August 21, 2017, 12:23:37 PM
modum.io will integrate IOTA - https://modum.io/modum-token-sale-to-accept-iota-tokens/?utm_content=buffer79474&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

On Wednesday, August 23 modum.io and IOTA will host an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on the IOTA subreddit.
Activity: 294
August 21, 2017, 11:49:08 AM
Interested in IOTA. Bookmarking this.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
August 21, 2017, 10:52:43 AM
What are the weaknesses of IOTA as a system?

(Answers could range from usability to technological issues, to game-theory issues... - anything you can think of).
Activity: 191
August 21, 2017, 08:58:45 AM
https://www.coindesk.com/monero-price-hits-record-high-near-100-on-new-exchange-listing/

This is why I keep most of my money in IOTA.....one day that listing will happen.

I hope it works out. usually I don't recommend holding everyting in one curreyncy but with iota you might get lucky
Jump to: