Author

Topic: IOTA - page 306. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057
SpacePirate.io
June 16, 2017, 09:10:51 AM
Following is the adress I obtained at the genesis time:

AUCUSILSKJJJHBKIZZT9ZEBVWXPYBZDBLOWN9QRVIODMWKPAJLWZXPAFT9WCRDNIZUADNMNPZJLUDWS SY

It contains 80 304 iotas.

I think you should help me making the re-claim. I have given money after all !

If you tells me that those iotas are lost, then the word "dishonest" is justified. And it is not a good start for your project!!

Try the slack channel for iota, you might be able to get support there. I had a similar issue where I had to convert my legacy seed to the new seed format. There was a backend service that had stopped and they had to restart it to do the conversion process. The team will help you out, but it takes a large amount of patience, it took me a few days to get it straightened out. Also, run the latest client, the older clients no longer communicate on the network, the "light" one seems to work the best.

Activity: 269
Merit: 250
June 16, 2017, 08:50:32 AM
Activity: 269
June 16, 2017, 08:25:35 AM
IOTA is alreayd 4000X, tooooooooo risky to buy at current price!
Thank you for posting your second post on this forum (the first one being an obvious scam). Your contribution is appreciated.
Being his second post or not, his statement is still valid. Investors are scared of going in now into IOTA. It went to (one) exchanges too hyped and expensive. I am not saying with this  that the project has not a massive potential.

No. This number is made up and not correct. IOTA's token sale collected 1130 btc. Today IOTA's market cap is 442679 btc. 442679/1130=391. But that is not the point. Will people stop buying Bitcoin because it has increased a million times form the beginning? Will people stop buying Ether because it has increased thousands of times from the pre-sale?
Activity: 2716
Merit: 883
June 16, 2017, 08:23:52 AM
It is now clear for me that honesty is not the strong point of the IOTA team. At the start of the project (ICO), I have purchased iotas. And now, those iotas have disappeared just because I should have participated to your project, which has never been said in the initial agreement.

2.4 Unclaimed IOTA. If you do not claim all of your Resulting Distribution within 90 days
following the date we make it available to you, you may begin to permanently lose access to or
control over some or all of the Resulting Distribution.

You lie and still accuse someone else of being dishonest. Dude, something is wrong with you.
I don't lie of course. I have participate to the iota ico and each time I ask you to help me making the re-claim, you do not answer.

Following is the adress I obtained at the genesis time:

AUCUSILSKJJJHBKIZZT9ZEBVWXPYBZDBLOWN9QRVIODMWKPAJLWZXPAFT9WCRDNIZUADNMNPZJLUDWS SY

It contains 80 304 iotas.

I think you should help me making the re-claim. I have given money after all !

If you tells me that those iotas are lost, then the word "dishonest" is justified. And it is not a good start for your project!!
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
June 16, 2017, 06:43:30 AM
Well, I lost 50% of my investment in IOTA so far lol

You'll get more back after some time. Don't worry  Cool
Activity: 433
Crypto Angel
June 16, 2017, 06:01:55 AM
Being his second post or not, his statement is still valid. Investors are scared of going in now into IOTA. It went to (one) exchanges too hyped and expensive. I am not saying with this  that the project has not a massive potential.

first of all, IOTA is 300x from ICO, not 4000x; and then, talking about absolute numbers and proportions is idiotic at best, potential gains are relative, and IOTA still has much to grow. It is exactly like saying "I don't care if Bitcoin can still grow, it once was 1 dollar and now it is 10/100/1000/2000 dollars, I will not invest in this obvious scam"
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!
June 16, 2017, 05:55:20 AM

Thank you for posting your second post on this forum (the first one being an obvious scam). Your contribution is appreciated.

Being his second post or not, his statement is still valid. Investors are scared of going in now into IOTA. It went to (one) exchanges too hyped and expensive. I am not saying with this  that the project has not a massive potential.
Activity: 596
Merit: 500
June 16, 2017, 05:17:35 AM

Activity: 596
Merit: 500
June 16, 2017, 05:02:43 AM
Crypto is so full of braindead rednecks!

look at the fudders profile: almost all are newbies account. It's probably organized people with a precise objective. Maybe rewarded trolls dunno. And why they do that? dunno ...
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002
June 16, 2017, 03:50:06 AM

[...]

You cannot create software that works for everyone and every environment at first try.
IMO it's working quite well, at least for the huge majority and at this moment.

Not true.
6 from 16 users (=37 percent) having problems generating a new address is proof enough that your claim

"it's working quite well, at least for the huge majority and at this moment"

is untrue.
[...]

What "6 from 16"?  

Activity: 886
Merit: 510
June 16, 2017, 03:47:52 AM
lol @ all those fudsters...
There are fudsters here like there's everywhere else, but there also are non-fudster people who believe this coin is overvalued at the moment.

The ICO price has been 48 satoshi for a miota, and even at 4800 sat it's 100x ICO. I know it has been a long time, but the price is far away from the buttom price, and so buying at these levels needs more bravery than I can personally offer.  Sad
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
June 16, 2017, 03:39:50 AM
YES COIN MARKET CAP FINALLY HAS SOBERED UP

I have read most of the post on here and I love it when people holding other crypto's (like i just did) say that IOTA is a SCAM. I just traded all of my cryptos (and i had a lot) for ITOA (MIOTAS). This technology does not only blast BITCOIN and ETHEREUM and any other BLOCKCHAIN technology out of the ocean. It secures your investment for your children and many other generations to come. I have been investing and trading in crypto currency since 2012 and have been a fan boy of ETHEREUM and BITCOIN (and many others) since then. But times change and the problems by the Blockchain are just too big to ignore. I could type forever about this subject but it is sunny outside and I am no longer tied to many different markets. IOTA HAS SET ME FREE

If you like this post or hate this post then please leave a tip at my IOTA address

RJZVRZALEJMVNFOGFGE9LNKWAZUTZVYZRIZOMGCLBVPPJYXVFSNAKNDZBXNCGJDJZJJTNROWDXWKVZD JW

Thank you from Matthew O'Connor

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020
expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()
June 16, 2017, 03:32:28 AM
lol @ all those fudsters...
Activity: 138
Merit: 10
June 16, 2017, 03:29:53 AM
IOTA price crashed 50% today which means that now everybody had a chance to get cheap IOTA.  Now we don't have to hear no more crying about the distribution!  Problem solved. Now we can focus on our next unique milestone.

$0.34 still ain't cheap. Fair price for this coin is $0.01 or less.
Of course,i cant put a single $1 in IOTA at this price.
Activity: 308
June 16, 2017, 03:15:50 AM
IOTA price crashed 50% today which means that now everybody had a chance to get cheap IOTA.  Now we don't have to hear no more crying about the distribution!  Problem solved. Now we can focus on our next unique milestone.

$0.34 still ain't cheap. Fair price for this coin is $0.01 or less.
Activity: 138
June 16, 2017, 03:12:41 AM
IOTA is overvalued atm.
Activity: 174
A Coin A Day Keeps The Cold Away.
June 16, 2017, 02:36:10 AM

[...]

You cannot create software that works for everyone and every environment at first try.
IMO it's working quite well, at least for the huge majority and at this moment.

Not true.
6 from 16 users (=37 percent) having problems generating a new address is proof enough that your claim

"it's working quite well, at least for the huge majority and at this moment"

is untrue.

From Github:
There are several users that got problems with address generation. I will collect more and more data (see google sheet).
At the moment i dont see connection between the different systems and the problems.

Some users need 20-50 minutes for one address generation, others cannot generate an address at all
(tested with different light-wallet hosts). All with GUI 2.3.0

https://github.com/iotaledger/wallet/issues/116
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RwM6s5YWEYo74S4utQa7KkaGLylEsA0WwjJlcTa2ZYM/

Sorry to say that this is beta stuff but not ready for prime time...

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
June 16, 2017, 12:45:00 AM
IOTA @ FORBES Cheesy

2017/06/15
IOTA's Bitfinex Listing Surges To $1.5B Record-Breaking 'Crypto' Capitalization On Market Debut

(...)

Their listing has broken records by exceeding $1.5 billion (bn) in market capitalization during its first day of trading on Bitfinex’s cryptocurrency exchange. It represented the largest capitalization of any crypto-currency following listing, with the first day of IOTA token trading being Wednesday, June 13.

A communique to flag up the record breaking result stated: “IOTA is gaining significant attention within the IoT community, including leading manufacturers, due to its uniquely designed ‘Tangle’ platform.”

(...)

Just imagine a connected electric car that requires re-charging, or a connected server with spare capacity for rent, or an internet gateway with spare bandwidth. IOTA provides the value-exchange mechanism for connected devices to use those resources and to pay for them instantly, with micro-payments between the distributed devices - and the companies who own them.

(...)

David Sønstebø, the founder of IOTA that has a presence in Berlin’s fintech hub and has been in development for several years, commenting asserted: “The world is poised for a new ‘economy of things’ where connected devices exchange financial value for the resources they need.”

The Norwegian who is in his late 20’s elaborated: “But there’s been no way for companies to collaborate in practice - the settlement layer has been missing. That’s the problem we’re solving at the IOTA Foundation with a new type of blockchain that overcomes the scalability and cost problems we’ve seen with both Bitcoin and Ethereum.”

(...)

Unlike Bitcoin or Ethereum there are no IOTA miners, but rather each connected device provides the CPU resources required to process transactions. Bitcoin and Ethereum process blocks on the blockchain in sequence, while Tangle makes it happen in an instant manner and on a peer-to-peer basis.

(...)

Jamie Burke, CEO and Founder at Outlier Ventures, a venture capital (VC) firm based in London, explained: “That’s the genius of what David, Daniel and their team have been able to achieve with IOTA. They have resolved the fundamental conflicts in the design of the first iterations of public blockchains that have stopped them scaling.”

(...)

The IOTA team brings a wealth of experience amongst its four co-founders who have been active in the blockchain space since 2010, with co-founder Sergey Ivancheglo having invented the ‘full Proof of Stake’ consensus algorithm.

It is understood that the Tangle platform is already being examined by over thirty major corporates including Bosch, Cisco, Innogy, Microsoft, Canonical/Unbuntu SAP, UBS as well as one of the world’s largest automotive manufacturers, to develop a range of prototypes.

Full article @ FORBES https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2017/06/15/iotas-bitfinex-listing-surges-to-1-5b-record-breaking-crypto-capitalization-on-market-debut/#73c75f9275a5

Roll Eyes

Deep state fake news Roll Eyes
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
June 16, 2017, 12:37:15 AM
Well, I lost 50% of my investment in IOTA so far lol
Activity: 65
June 16, 2017, 12:22:05 AM
IOTA @ FORBES Cheesy

2017/06/15
IOTA's Bitfinex Listing Surges To $1.5B Record-Breaking 'Crypto' Capitalization On Market Debut

(...)

Their listing has broken records by exceeding $1.5 billion (bn) in market capitalization during its first day of trading on Bitfinex’s cryptocurrency exchange. It represented the largest capitalization of any crypto-currency following listing, with the first day of IOTA token trading being Wednesday, June 13.

A communique to flag up the record breaking result stated: “IOTA is gaining significant attention within the IoT community, including leading manufacturers, due to its uniquely designed ‘Tangle’ platform.”

(...)

Just imagine a connected electric car that requires re-charging, or a connected server with spare capacity for rent, or an internet gateway with spare bandwidth. IOTA provides the value-exchange mechanism for connected devices to use those resources and to pay for them instantly, with micro-payments between the distributed devices - and the companies who own them.

(...)

David Sønstebø, the founder of IOTA that has a presence in Berlin’s fintech hub and has been in development for several years, commenting asserted: “The world is poised for a new ‘economy of things’ where connected devices exchange financial value for the resources they need.”

The Norwegian who is in his late 20’s elaborated: “But there’s been no way for companies to collaborate in practice - the settlement layer has been missing. That’s the problem we’re solving at the IOTA Foundation with a new type of blockchain that overcomes the scalability and cost problems we’ve seen with both Bitcoin and Ethereum.”

(...)

Unlike Bitcoin or Ethereum there are no IOTA miners, but rather each connected device provides the CPU resources required to process transactions. Bitcoin and Ethereum process blocks on the blockchain in sequence, while Tangle makes it happen in an instant manner and on a peer-to-peer basis.

(...)

Jamie Burke, CEO and Founder at Outlier Ventures, a venture capital (VC) firm based in London, explained: “That’s the genius of what David, Daniel and their team have been able to achieve with IOTA. They have resolved the fundamental conflicts in the design of the first iterations of public blockchains that have stopped them scaling.”

(...)

The IOTA team brings a wealth of experience amongst its four co-founders who have been active in the blockchain space since 2010, with co-founder Sergey Ivancheglo having invented the ‘full Proof of Stake’ consensus algorithm.

It is understood that the Tangle platform is already being examined by over thirty major corporates including Bosch, Cisco, Innogy, Microsoft, Canonical/Unbuntu SAP, UBS as well as one of the world’s largest automotive manufacturers, to develop a range of prototypes.

Full article @ FORBES https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2017/06/15/iotas-bitfinex-listing-surges-to-1-5b-record-breaking-crypto-capitalization-on-market-debut/#73c75f9275a5

Roll Eyes
Jump to: