Author

Topic: IOTA - page 464. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
August 26, 2016, 06:56:36 PM
Hey David,

For sia another competent is data retention and backup.

Will there be a way to store the data like that on iota? Talking about songs/movies/pictures etc
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
August 26, 2016, 06:50:55 PM

Yes, indirectly IOTA makes Storj, Maidsafe and Sia obsolete. The two core features of IOTA core is Settlements without fees and Data Transfers without fees, since these are the 2 essential ingredients to IoT, combine the two and you have a superior system to all these other projects by default. And I personally believe that it's way better to have all of these technological resources, whether it be storage, processing, electricity, bandwidth or whatever trade in 1 'Economy-of-Things' rather than split each resource into its own token.

Manual claims that have contacted via [email protected] will be processed in the weekend/early beginning of next week, yes.

I don't think you can put maidsafe/safenetwork in the same bag as sia and storj!!! IOTA definitely does not make a server-less, secure, censor-resistant internet obsolete, which is essentially what maidsafe are building... and being chainless safecoin will also be feeless, with no mining or pow (they use proof of resource), instant etc . I'll give you the other two, but maidsafe is a huge project and SAFEnetwork would be extremely valuable IF they ever actually pull it off. IOTA doesn't change that.

IOTA is a very different project, it's apples and oranges.

I was referring to the original 'Maidsafe' vision which was almost universally focused on data storage and payments for it. I am not commenting on the broader vision and intricacies of SAFENet of which I am not up to date on. Just to make sure we're on the same page. I am not talking down to any of these other projects, I think their visions are good and I am impressed with what they have achieved respectively, I am just saying that when it comes to technological resource trade it makes no sense to have one token per resource.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
August 26, 2016, 06:19:04 PM

Yes, indirectly IOTA makes Storj, Maidsafe and Sia obsolete. The two core features of IOTA core is Settlements without fees and Data Transfers without fees, since these are the 2 essential ingredients to IoT, combine the two and you have a superior system to all these other projects by default. And I personally believe that it's way better to have all of these technological resources, whether it be storage, processing, electricity, bandwidth or whatever trade in 1 'Economy-of-Things' rather than split each resource into its own token.

Manual claims that have contacted via [email protected] will be processed in the weekend/early beginning of next week, yes.

I don't think you can put maidsafe/safenetwork in the same bag as sia and storj!!! IOTA definitely does not make a server-less, secure, censor-resistant internet obsolete, which is essentially what maidsafe are building... and being chainless safecoin will also be feeless, with no mining or pow (they use proof of resource), instant etc . I'll give you the other two, but maidsafe is a huge project and SAFEnetwork would be extremely valuable IF they ever actually pull it off. IOTA doesn't change that.

IOTA is a very different project, it's apples and oranges.
August 26, 2016, 06:06:02 PM

So additionally to all the features, IOTA could replace FACTOM as it seems to have the same characteristics of ensuring data integrity but for free...

Am I right,if yes that would be awesome.

Besides, David, do you think that the manual claim for thoses who have donated for the bid deal will receive their IOTA this weekend?

Activity: 180
Merit: 100
August 26, 2016, 05:46:44 PM

So additionally to all the features, IOTA could replace FACTOM as it seems to have the same characteristics of ensuring data integrity but for free...

Am I right,if yes that would be awesome.

Besides, David, do you think that the manual claim for thoses who have donated for the bid deal will receive their IOTA this weekend?

August 26, 2016, 03:16:05 PM
Activity: 763
August 26, 2016, 02:20:48 PM
Hello,
Having trouble receiving an IOTA tx send in my new wallet.
My balance shows 0 although it shows the Tx in my history.
Should I click Rebroadcast or Replay? It shows "persistence 0%".
Also it seems like my Receive addy is different than it was before. Not sure if these automatically change.

The last 9 letters of your address is the checksum. So an address in the GUI has 90 letters (81+9).

wait for the confirmation and in the mean time, you can run the spammer under the Tools. Spamming can help you to get your transactions confirmed quicker.
legendary
Activity: 1498
August 26, 2016, 01:12:51 PM
Hello,

Having trouble receiving an IOTA tx send in my new wallet.

My balance shows 0 although it shows the Tx in my history.

Should I click Rebroadcast or Replay? It shows "persistence 0%".

Also it seems like my Receive addy is different than it was before. Not sure if these automatically change.
Activity: 854
https://iota.org/
August 26, 2016, 12:48:28 PM
29.6002 Ti // 50 Ti

Where are other?

+msin 5Ti

+luey 3Ti(when dontion reaches 40Ti)

+ 5Ti from Jason Bateman

Hope msin will do his transfer.

Current waitng list:
+msin 5 Ti
+luey 3 Ti (when dontion reaches 40 Ti)
+Jason Bateman 5 Ti from slack (when donation reaches 45 Ti)

Yep!

We are waiting You, Gentlemens !

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1344
August 26, 2016, 12:38:58 PM
29.6002 Ti // 50 Ti

Where are other?

+msin 5Ti

+ 5Ti from Jason Bateman

+ 5 Ti (Now we all know, that David said that if we, as community, hit 45 Ti in donations to bigdeal, then he will add 5 Ti from Foundation funds.)

Hope msin will do his transfer.

Current waitng list:
+msin 5 Ti
+luey 3 Ti (when dontion reaches 40 Ti)
+Jason Bateman 5 Ti from slack (when donation reaches 45 Ti)
August 26, 2016, 12:31:13 PM
29.6002 Ti // 50 Ti

Where are other?

+msin 5Ti

+ 5Ti from Jason Bateman

legendary
August 26, 2016, 10:46:35 AM
29.6002 Ti // 50 Ti
August 26, 2016, 10:40:33 AM
I'd prefer to not talk about lambos before we fund bigdeal.

I'd prefer to not talk about lambos even AFTER we fund bigdeal.  Grin

Yep))) All lambos to waves and lisk topic
rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
August 26, 2016, 10:24:32 AM
Ok, I just donated 250Gi.  Posted it in Slack with transaction hash.
rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
August 26, 2016, 09:56:30 AM

I'd prefer to not talk about lambos even AFTER we fund bigdeal.  Grin

I agree "Lambo" talk has become the new "To da moooooon!!1!" meme around here. :eye-roll:
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
August 26, 2016, 09:35:18 AM

I'd prefer to not talk about lambos even AFTER we fund bigdeal.  Grin

legendary
August 26, 2016, 09:26:36 AM
It's like opening a bottle of champagne when you still on race track.
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
August 26, 2016, 09:16:35 AM

Sum of this is 49Ti and We are about  to reach the BIG DEAL and we all become millionaires in terms of USD (you know that!).

oldisoft, how many iotas we have to keep to buy a Lambo?  Roll Eyes

depends, if you want to actually use it, or just have it ;-)

Indeed, there is always a difference between affordable and buyable.  Wink

Lambo and such things you need 3mio$+ otherwise you are overspending your income.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020
expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()
August 26, 2016, 09:12:45 AM

Sum of this is 49Ti and We are about  to reach the BIG DEAL and we all become millionaires in terms of USD (you know that!).

oldisoft, how many iotas we have to keep to buy a Lambo?  Roll Eyes

depends, if you want to actually use it, or just have it ;-)
Activity: 763
August 26, 2016, 07:47:13 AM
Kudos to everyone who went extra miles to try to make it happen!

Don't forget that the main reason for the need of donation is that the team did not put aside 10% of coins for this project during the crowd sale like all other projects did. If the team left 10% like others did, I think we won't need the donation today. So this is more like returning 10% to where it should belong (the development of the project). So everyone should participate and every GI counts.
Jump to: