Author

Topic: IOTA - page 518. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
June 22, 2016, 06:22:15 AM
for different transfers it is necessary to use different address or can be received several transfers in one address?

You can receive several transfers. But no more transfers should come after you spend iotas from that address.

What will happen if someone uses an address which sent already IOTAS?

He risks that someone guesses the accounts seed.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
June 22, 2016, 06:14:33 AM
for different transfers it is necessary to use different address or can be received several transfers in one address?

You can receive several transfers. But no more transfers should come after you spend iotas from that address.

What will happen if someone uses an address which sent already IOTAS?
legendary
June 22, 2016, 05:36:38 AM
I have the same question. I'm currently in an escrow deal, wondering if GUI launch tomorrow is safe for us to initiate IOTA transfer or will it reset?

BTW if someone sends me 'old IOTA' to the address in GUI, will it automatically convert to new?

Today We will test GUI and after that will be possible to say our next steps.

It's not possible to send old IOTAs, We have only new IOTAs

Someone is trying to make a deal in terms of 'old IOTA'. How does that work then?

He shouldn't, he should only use new iotas, old iotas died months ago. I wonder why people still hang on to it.

1 BTC gets you around 100-200 Gi at the moment.

edit: remember to use escrow! (I should make this my sig)
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
June 22, 2016, 05:01:15 AM
Excited to hear the news!

Can't wait for the GUI  Cool Cool Cool

Activity: 258
Merit: 250
June 22, 2016, 04:50:21 AM
Deadline for meeting 5% goal for to the Foundation is official launch day, right? I still need to donate with one of my addresses but I'd rather wait till last day to know much is needed.

Yes. Tomorrow after we internally test GUI one last time in the morning we will open it to everyone for the final beta stage leading up to launch, in this period people will be able to EASILY donate, the GUI is designed around minimalism and user-friendliness to ensure that everyone can send/receive easily.

So will there be a reset before Launch? I bought some IOTA in PostICO Market and would like to donate to the Foundation. But I have to get my IOTAs first...

I have the same question. I'm currently in an escrow deal, wondering if GUI launch tomorrow is safe for us to initiate IOTA transfer or will it reset?

BTW if someone sends me 'old IOTA' to the address in GUI, will it automatically convert to new?

Someone is trying to make a deal in terms of 'old IOTA'. How does that work then?
Activity: 854
https://iota.org/
June 22, 2016, 03:06:34 AM
Deadline for meeting 5% goal for to the Foundation is official launch day, right? I still need to donate with one of my addresses but I'd rather wait till last day to know much is needed.

Yes. Tomorrow after we internally test GUI one last time in the morning we will open it to everyone for the final beta stage leading up to launch, in this period people will be able to EASILY donate, the GUI is designed around minimalism and user-friendliness to ensure that everyone can send/receive easily.

So will there be a reset before Launch? I bought some IOTA in PostICO Market and would like to donate to the Foundation. But I have to get my IOTAs first...

Activity: 258
June 21, 2016, 09:15:57 PM

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
June 21, 2016, 06:16:54 PM

Activity: 822
Merit: 531
June 21, 2016, 06:07:35 PM
Activity: 734
Merit: 500
June 21, 2016, 05:24:20 PM

Activity: 714
June 21, 2016, 05:02:06 PM

Activity: 317
June 21, 2016, 04:57:19 PM
June 21, 2016, 04:46:19 PM
There will only be the official launch date announced on next Thursday and not the final release itself, right? So an announcement for an announcement?

The official launch date will be announced on Thursday because we need the 1st day results of GUI testing that will commence as planned tomorrow. So nothing changes. Website and GUI goes live tomorrow afternoon/night European time, then we go into final stage of testing, and the day after when we're sure there's no issue, we'll announce the date we have in mind. The date will only be changed if something very unexpected happens, so everything is en route

Yes, so everyone can prepare for the launch, including exchanges.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
June 21, 2016, 04:16:34 PM
There will only be the official launch date announced on next Thursday and not the final release itself, right? So an announcement for an announcement?

The official launch date will be announced on Thursday because we need the 1st day results of GUI testing that will commence as planned tomorrow. So nothing changes. Website and GUI goes live tomorrow afternoon/night European time, then we go into final stage of testing, and the day after when we're sure there's no issue, we'll announce the date we have in mind. The date will only be changed if something very unexpected happens, so everything is en route
legendary
Activity: 1310
June 21, 2016, 04:07:29 PM
I can't say exact o'clock tomorrow when website and GUI goes live (network is already prepared), but most likely afternoon/night Central European time as there's still a few finishing touches and last minute issues I got to resolve, not to mention a big backlog of other issues I got to work on tonight.

The only thing that is clear is that finally everyone will be able to experiment with IOTA easily and that launch is imminent Smiley

NICE! Thank you for the update
June 21, 2016, 02:37:10 PM
I can't say exact o'clock tomorrow when website and GUI goes live (network is already prepared), but most likely afternoon/night Central European time as there's still a few finishing touches and last minute issues I got to resolve, not to mention a big backlog of other issues I got to work on tonight.

The only thing that is clear is that finally everyone will be able to experiment with IOTA easily and that launch is imminent Smiley
legendary
June 21, 2016, 02:25:37 PM
I'm here - where are the big news about GUI, website, release Cheesy?

It's only 02:45 AM in Hawaii, we don't want to wake them up with news during the night.

Is someone central to the team located in Hawaii?

No, but we'll all fly there in our private jets to party after launch.
It was just a call for patience.
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
June 21, 2016, 02:13:10 PM
I'm here - where are the big news about GUI, website, release Cheesy?

It's only 02:45 AM in Hawaii, we don't want to wake them up with news during the night.

Is someone central to the team located in Hawaii?
Activity: 799
June 21, 2016, 12:26:04 PM

Thanks for the info. I look forward to the GUI. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
June 21, 2016, 12:21:34 PM
from chat:

David 11:14 AM

@all: The official launch date will be announced on Thursday because we need the 1st day results of GUI testing that will commence as planned tomorrow. So nothing changes. Website and GUI goes live tomorrow afternoon/night European time, then we go into final stage of testing, and the day after when we're sure there's no issue, we'll announce the date we have in mind. The date will only be changed if something very unexpected happens, so everything is en route
Jump to: