Author

Topic: IOTA - page 579. (Read 1473233 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004
April 24, 2016, 04:20:49 AM
Can someone help to send a little IOTA to VEQ9LNCZFHJIFUYGMBHJOYUIALYWRGADEIUQLHMKWUHOKCMTSOYSNAYLTQKQSNSNNARXFHJNLR9UXJY LE

Will send back to you.
Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
April 24, 2016, 04:16:00 AM
After I claim IOTAs in IRI beta, what happens? Is there some file I need to keep, please can you give further instructions what to do.

It's a brain wallet like Nxt. You only need to know your pass (seed).

By the way, it seems that iri.jar is impossible to run under normal user, only root? Tried changing binding port to >1024, does not help. I'm running Kubuntu 14.04.

Same here. Need to sudo on Ubuntu.
legendary
Activity: 888
Merit: 1000
Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.
April 24, 2016, 04:13:27 AM
After I claim IOTAs in IRI beta, what happens? Is there some file I need to keep, please can you give further instructions what to do. By the way, it seems that iri.jar is impossible to run under normal user, only root? Tried changing binding port to >1024, does not help. I'm running Kubuntu 14.04.
legendary
April 24, 2016, 03:51:46 AM
But I click "Generate new address" button,it display a new address but without the seed.
So how can I login with this new address without related seed?

Use the same seed.

There are several adresses bundled with the same seed. I have also some, but all with the same seed.
Thanks,CFB and Xeelee.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
April 24, 2016, 03:42:51 AM
Any advice? Thanks!

Upgrade to JRE 8u66+.

That did the trick, turns out I was still on 8u45. Appreciate it CfB!
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
April 24, 2016, 03:31:56 AM
But I click "Generate new address" button,it display a new address but without the seed.

Use the same seed.

There are several adresses bundled with the same seed. I have also some, but all with the same seed.
legendary
Merit: 1009
April 24, 2016, 03:22:20 AM

Use the same seed.
legendary
Merit: 1009
April 24, 2016, 03:21:46 AM
Any advice? Thanks!

Upgrade to JRE 8u66+.
legendary
April 24, 2016, 03:18:14 AM
1. Download latest JRE
2. Download IRI 
3. Unzip IRI
4. Go to the unzipped folder and edit file 'configuration.iri', remove the last line, and save it
5. Open terminal inside the unzipped folder (hold shift down, press right mouse button->open terminal   - for windows OS)
6. Check java version: "java -version" (add JRE to system path if needed)
7. Run: "java -jar IRI.jar"
8. Open "nostalgia.html"
9. Enter seed
10. Press Claim IOTAs
11. click OK to the first popup -> Wait for 2nd popup 'packet received' -> OK
12. Wait 10 minutes
13. Click button 'refresh page' (TIP: not the browser button or F5)
14. Check your IOTAs

IT'S WORKING!!!!

Good work @CfB   Cool

PS: Anyone can add if I forgotten something.
EDIT #1: added step#4 as a separate step (previously it was inside step#9)

It worked.Thanks.

Activity: 165
April 24, 2016, 02:57:00 AM
Good morning,

I guess I would need some more nodes for running IOTA transactions.
Can you PM me yours? As thank I will send you some IOTA if you give me your adress as well.

Thanks
Activity: 2
April 23, 2016, 05:44:03 PM
regarding this, is some material like ELI5 explanation, infographics, powerpoint or whatever available to ease people explain Iota ?

I think some materials are available (like PowerPoint) and some are coming very soon. If you need anything you can ask David.

We've had powerpoint/google slides available for months, which has been used at IoT meet-ups. We can tailor it for each event. But soon there will be a new website explaining IOTA with graphics and info in more easily digestible manner (right around launch), as well as a video explaining IOTA in 2 min that can be easily sent to people/shown before a presentation.

But if anyone got some infographic skills that is also appreciated

I would be interested if you give a link to find these slides

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Hu1g5EZxrYhL5Eu8kWkuC5F3viatY28Md_R1C2n3Xd0/edit?usp=sharing

Who created it?

Me

I saw a couple of photos from where I live Smiley
Actually it's a good fit.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
April 23, 2016, 09:18:36 PM
I get to Step 9 where I see the box for "Enter seed", but don't see buttons other the the entry box for "Enter Seed". So I hit enter, and I get the following in my console box:

Code:
C:\Users\Aesyrin\Downloads\IRI>java -jar IRI.jar
IRI 0.9.0

2016-04-23T21:03:08.676 | /0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:51597
{'command': 'getTransactionsToApprove'}
javax.script.ScriptException: TypeError: Cannot call undefined in at line number 1
        at jdk.nashorn.api.scripting.NashornScriptEngine.throwAsScriptException(NashornScriptEngine.java:455)
        at jdk.nashorn.api.scripting.NashornScriptEngine.evalImpl(NashornScriptEngine.java:439)
        at jdk.nashorn.api.scripting.NashornScriptEngine.evalImpl(NashornScriptEngine.java:401)
        at jdk.nashorn.api.scripting.NashornScriptEngine.evalImpl(NashornScriptEngine.java:397)
        at jdk.nashorn.api.scripting.NashornScriptEngine.eval(NashornScriptEngine.java:152)
        at javax.script.AbstractScriptEngine.eval(Unknown Source)
        at iri.API.lambda$launch$2(API.java:48)
        at iri.API$$Lambda$11/497359413.handle(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.net.httpserver.Filter$Chain.doFilter(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.httpserver.AuthFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.httpserver.ServerImpl$Exchange$LinkHandler.handle(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.httpserver.ServerImpl$Exchange.run(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.httpserver.ServerImpl$DefaultExecutor.execute(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.httpserver.ServerImpl$Dispatcher.handle(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.httpserver.ServerImpl$Dispatcher.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: :1 TypeError: Cannot call undefined
        at jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.ECMAErrors.error(ECMAErrors.java:57)
        at jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.ECMAErrors.typeError(ECMAErrors.java:213)
        at jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.ECMAErrors.typeError(ECMAErrors.java:185)
        at jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.ECMAErrors.typeError(ECMAErrors.java:172)
        at jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.Undefined.lookupTypeError(Undefined.java:128)
        at jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.Undefined.lookup(Undefined.java:100)
        at jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.linker.NashornLinker.getGuardedInvocation(NashornLinker.java:102)
        at jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.linker.NashornLinker.getGuardedInvocation(NashornLinker.java:94)
        at jdk.internal.dynalink.support.CompositeTypeBasedGuardingDynamicLinker.getGuardedInvocation(CompositeTypeBasedGuardingDynamicLinker.java:176)
        at jdk.internal.dynalink.support.CompositeGuardingDynamicLinker.getGuardedInvocation(CompositeGuardingDynamicLinker.java:124)
        at jdk.internal.dynalink.support.LinkerServicesImpl.getGuardedInvocation(LinkerServicesImpl.java:149)
        at jdk.internal.dynalink.DynamicLinker.relink(DynamicLinker.java:233)
        at jdk.nashorn.internal.scripts.Script$\^eval\_.:program(:1)
        at jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.ScriptFunctionData.invoke(ScriptFunctionData.java:636)
        at jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.ScriptFunction.invoke(ScriptFunction.java:229)
        at jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.ScriptRuntime.apply(ScriptRuntime.java:387)
        at jdk.nashorn.api.scripting.NashornScriptEngine.evalImpl(NashornScriptEngine.java:437)
        ... 16 more

2016-04-23T21:03:08.831 | /0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:999
{"exception": "javax.script.ScriptException: TypeError: Cannot call undefined in at line number 1"}

Any advice? Thanks!
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
April 23, 2016, 06:07:08 PM

I saw a couple of photos from where I live Smiley
Actually it's a good fit.

Yeah, I always take into account where it is to be presented. This was for Tel Aviv so it was natural to include as many images from that areas as possible.
Activity: 2
April 23, 2016, 05:37:03 PM
regarding this, is some material like ELI5 explanation, infographics, powerpoint or whatever available to ease people explain Iota ?

I think some materials are available (like PowerPoint) and some are coming very soon. If you need anything you can ask David.

We've had powerpoint/google slides available for months, which has been used at IoT meet-ups. We can tailor it for each event. But soon there will be a new website explaining IOTA with graphics and info in more easily digestible manner (right around launch), as well as a video explaining IOTA in 2 min that can be easily sent to people/shown before a presentation.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Hu1g5EZxrYhL5Eu8kWkuC5F3viatY28Md_R1C2n3Xd0/edit?usp=sharing

Who created it?
April 23, 2016, 05:41:46 PM

Who created it?

Me
April 23, 2016, 05:28:23 PM
lol 4 monthes ago i asked when IOTA will be traded on exchanges .. now still not listed ... mehhh

You think a brand new revolutionary tech just takes a weekend to put together and launch?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
April 23, 2016, 05:24:13 PM
lol 4 monthes ago i asked when IOTA will be traded on exchanges .. now still not listed ... mehhh
Activity: 125
April 23, 2016, 04:40:58 PM
hi Smiley
without being participant of the ICO I can (and did already) easily follow steps 1-8, IRI 0.9.0 is up and running,
but now with step 9, from where do I get the seed to enter into nostalgia.html?
I assume only ICO participants have that seed?
cheers

write down a long (30+ chars) random sequence containing lowercase latin letters and the number "9".
This is your seed.
Keep it secret, keep it save.

thanks, this works...  Smiley
...until step 13, but no IOTA show up after refresh.
A lot of things happen in the terminal what I do not understand. But no errors Smiley

Could someone send 1 or 2 IOTA to my generated address?
VCZC9LVWTIHOAVUXCPIMIOOAGYNVYLZURRTUHHPBIWQNPHXPRGNRDMYXWANTTDDUQHFIR9VCYPIVIUD DV
many thanks in advance
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
April 23, 2016, 03:53:02 PM
One million transactions?? Hope some people are coding some bots.

So we just need two addresses, 1 IOTA and a simple script to send this 1 IOTA  back and forth 1 mil times  Huh

Basically
Activity: 1069
Merit: 682
April 23, 2016, 03:35:14 PM
It would be great if someone sends me 1 IOTA to my new adress for testing:
RXXUVPCPPLNJLTMV9XIRBZQOP9JE9PJPEX9AKNNJBPMPYBKRQXPNUQLBXCMCYFWRGEBTJSFNKKDNJVR QH

Many thanks in advance!
Jump to: