Pages:
Author

Topic: IOTA Crowdsale - page 37. (Read 182684 times)

Activity: 179
Merit: 100
January 19, 2016, 06:02:30 PM
Beta imminent!

In 24 hours the collection process will change from the current automatic collection to requiring 1 additional manual step. This step is simple: contact Come-from-Beyond. Instructions will be updated on the collection page tomorrow. The reason for this is that we are preparing to launch beta and need the genesis Tangle.

So anyone that hasn’t collected yet that does not want to go through this additional step: collect your iotas at collect.iotatoken.com within the next 24 hours.

How exciting! Smiley

T minus...?

GL guys... not that you need luck really, but well done and may the force be with you!

Ty for doing all the hard work.

/onelove
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
January 19, 2016, 04:45:04 PM
@cfb

Right to make a double safety check, is possible to have a link to an address generator just  to control if i can regenerate my IOTA address with my secret key?

Or can i use the one present in collectiotatoken?

Thank you

Use one from collect.iotatoken.com.
Activity: 588
Merit: 503
Free Julian Assange
January 19, 2016, 03:51:41 PM
@cfb

Right to make a double safety check, is possible to have a link to an address generator just  to control if i can regenerate my IOTA address with my secret key?

Or can i use the one present in collectiotatoken?

Thank you
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
January 19, 2016, 03:04:14 PM
If java client freezes / stop responding or just extremly slow - take few weeks to rewrite it on C or C++.
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
January 19, 2016, 03:02:13 PM
Bitcoin Core Version v0.11.2.0-g7e27892 (64-Bit)

Code:
Examples:

Send 0.01 from the tabby account to the given address, funds must have at least 6 confirmations
> bitcoin-cli sendfrom "tabby" "1M72Sfpbz1BPpXFHz9m3CdqATR44Jvaydd" 0.01 6 "donation" "seans outpost"

Code:
bitcoin-cli sendfrom "1xyz...." "1zxy...." 0.123.. 6 "ABC" "DEF"

Code:
Method not found (code -32601)
Huh
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
January 19, 2016, 02:31:00 PM

CfB, it is true, perfection can't be reached. But perhaps you feel that something requires substantial amendments, I mean, maybe really is better to give devs more time to optimize the code? Maybe the community will be agree, may be it is better to move the deadline by one or two weeks?

I think, in this case, as some people have said, the first impression is very important.

He can make improvements with future client releases.  It's important to release this beast into the wild as network effect is important as is testing the client.
Activity: 175
January 19, 2016, 01:57:34 PM
If you need some weeks time to make IOTA better, than you should get this time.  

+1

Perfection can't be reached, I can optimize the code indefinitely.

CfB, it is true, perfection can't be reached. But perhaps you feel that something requires substantial amendments, I mean, maybe really is better to give devs more time to optimize the code? Maybe the community will be agree, may be it is better to move the deadline by one or two weeks?

I think, in this case, as some people have said, the first impression is very important.
legendary
January 19, 2016, 11:06:36 AM
legendary
January 19, 2016, 11:05:22 AM

Perfection can't be reached, I can optimize the code indefinitely.
legendary
January 19, 2016, 11:03:32 AM
I just through the same BTC 0.025 BTC address, and my IOTA-address is in the list, but I just see the news about prepay and I didn't participate in crowdfunding. I get my IOTA during the launch platform and how many IOTA I receive from 0.025 BTC? Thank you

If you haven't taken part in the sale then you won't get iotas.
Activity: 224
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
January 19, 2016, 11:02:37 AM
It's good to see some progress here.

It was hard to do - I managed to optimize the code but am still trying to squeeze more performance, it's so addicting, I wish I had few extra weeks...

Many thanks for your honest words. I expect it was very hard to create really up from the ground the first crypto currency without a Blockchain.
That's a kind of magic.
But Sir, if you think you can improve things in some weeks time, why not taking them?
4-6 additional weeks won't harm the project at all.
I'm just a small initial investor but I guess you can find a consensus with the other stakeholder.

Think about the big delays of Ethereum. Never met any deadline. But this hasn't kill their success.
Activity: 952
www.pumpmycoin.com
January 19, 2016, 10:59:35 AM
Great.

Let me ask a basic/stupid question (after having yelled at someone for asking basic/stupid questions a few pages ago)... I don't remember ever sending my IOTA public address over during the claim process. We were not asked to put that in an unencrypted msg, etc. So, I take it that when we entered the secret phrase in the generating window in the CLAIM IOTA page, that this public key was later transmitted automatically?

Or is it something else all together?

Thanks,

No. You were asked to send your Iota address and get small amount in BTC to send from the same Bitcoin address you used to purchase iotas.
I just through the same BTC 0.025 BTC address, and my IOTA-address is in the list, but I just see the news about prepay and I didn't participate in crowdfunding. I get my IOTA during the launch platform and how many IOTA I receive from 0.025 BTC? Thank you
legendary
January 19, 2016, 10:57:28 AM
It's good to see some progress here.

It was hard to do - I managed to optimize the code but am still trying to squeeze more performance, it's so addicting, I wish I had few extra weeks...
Activity: 224
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
January 19, 2016, 10:49:55 AM
Man thanks for the update. It's good to see some progress here.

Looking forward to the Beta test. Very interesting project!
legendary
January 19, 2016, 10:03:34 AM
legendary
January 19, 2016, 10:01:37 AM
@CfB There's a space before the last two chars of each address - not optimal for searching using copy-paste

Interesting artifact, it's because of BTT maybe (it breaks very long words)?.. Don't use last 3 chars during the search.

or you can use
Code:
code tag 
legendary
January 19, 2016, 09:54:23 AM
@CfB There's a space before the last two chars of each address - not optimal for searching using copy-paste

Interesting artifact, it's because of BTT maybe (it breaks very long words)?.. Don't use last 3 chars during the search.
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002
January 19, 2016, 09:51:41 AM
Activity: 627
Merit: 500
January 19, 2016, 09:50:19 AM
Thanks!

I realize now I was on the list with my public key, just, my stupid browser search option was not finding anything - not sure why. Anyway, I'm good.

Thanks,

legendary
January 19, 2016, 09:49:42 AM
Great.

Let me ask a basic/stupid question (after having yelled at someone for asking basic/stupid questions a few pages ago)... I don't remember ever sending my IOTA public address over during the claim process. We were not asked to put that in an unencrypted msg, etc. So, I take it that when we entered the secret phrase in the generating window in the CLAIM IOTA page, that this public key was later transmitted automatically?

Or is it something else all together?

Thanks,

No. You were asked to send your Iota address and get small amount in BTC to send from the same Bitcoin address you used to purchase iotas.
Pages:
Jump to: