Pages:
Author

Topic: IOTA Crowdsale - page 59. (Read 182684 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
December 22, 2015, 05:29:38 PM
When can we expect IOTA wallet accessible to all?

Depends on the front-end developer.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Blockchain Technology Enthusiast, IT Pro
December 22, 2015, 05:28:17 PM
And if I may ask some related question to IOTA to CfB:

How's your side-project, decentralized email service going? Which you are building using IOTA tech.

Can we have little more details on it? Smiley

Cheers
December 22, 2015, 05:25:43 PM
It's sent already from both NXT and BTC account. The address is showing two times there. That's all for now?

What's next thing we are expecting/waiting? IOTA Wallet? Online or Offline ?

That's all.

We are waiting for the others to do the same.

Cheesy certainly mate!

When can we expect IOTA wallet accessible to all?
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
December 22, 2015, 05:23:19 PM
What's next thing to do once the IOTA address starts showing here: http://188.138.57.93/ac

Send the money from the same BTC address.

It's sent already from both NXT and BTC account. The address is showing two times there. That's all for now?

I think they are collecting public keys onto wich coins will be at genesis...
So after the procedure complete just wait official launch in January.
legendary
December 22, 2015, 05:22:17 PM

That's all.

We are waiting for the others to do the same.
December 22, 2015, 05:20:34 PM
What's next thing to do once the IOTA address starts showing here: http://188.138.57.93/ac

legendary
December 22, 2015, 05:18:16 PM

December 22, 2015, 05:17:37 PM
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
December 22, 2015, 05:14:20 PM
Is it too late to change a pw once you've been through the process once? Mine wasn't that short or easy, but it was under 20 characters and I'd like to make it longer if I can?

:/

If you sent the coins then it's too late.

No worries, I'm sure my one is fine, it's not that soft or short (over 10 characters).

Yes, there was nothing about 20 characters when I filled it in either, but I see it on that page now.

I will just make sure I log on as soon as you go live and I'll create a new account/wallet to send them to with a longer 'unhackable pw'

ty and gl in the coming months guys Smiley

Yeah, it should not be a problem. Just transfer them to a safer one post-launch:)
Activity: 179
December 22, 2015, 04:56:15 PM
Is it too late to change a pw once you've been through the process once? Mine wasn't that short or easy, but it was under 20 characters and I'd like to make it longer if I can?

No worries, I'm sure my one is fine, it's not that soft or short (over 10 characters).

Yes, there was nothing about 20 characters when I filled it in either, but I see it on that page now.

I will just make sure I log on as soon as you go live and I'll create a new account/wallet to send them to with a longer 'unhackable pw'

ty and gl in the coming months guys Smiley
legendary
December 22, 2015, 04:53:47 PM
Someone entered the address several times, for example "MZNCKPETSSQSFTSOOAFNGEAB9ZGWWANBXDJIXGNKW9QTZSKDIHVEBTBZMHWDYRWFGDAWVK9CXDMYMPC IP". Interesting, will this multiply number of his iotas accordingly, or he should send the amount several times as well...
legendary
December 22, 2015, 04:48:54 PM
And please, add a detailed explanation for the people that sent Jinn for the crowdsale.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13329406
legendary
December 22, 2015, 04:47:04 PM

legendary
Activity: 1225
December 22, 2015, 04:37:59 PM
In the Step 3 you don't recommend to use 20 characters or more. That should be indicated.

Please, could you add the steps for the people that used Jinn to buy Iota tokens?

Make sure that your password is strong and secure. We suggest over 20 characters in randomized order.

I saw that the steps for Jinn holders are now visible

Sorry I only saw this:

Step 3

Type in your secret password (keep this secret!) and save the address that will be generated. The password can only consist of latin characters in lower case and the digit '9'. We highly recommend that you store these locally on paper or in something like KeePass to ensure that it's not lost or compromised.

Maybe that phrase was added later.

Thanks

Ah ok, good that it was added then. Happy collecting!
Activity: 146
December 22, 2015, 04:30:52 PM
In the Step 3 you don't recommend to use 20 characters or more. That should be indicated.

Please, could you add the steps for the people that used Jinn to buy Iota tokens?

Make sure that your password is strong and secure. We suggest over 20 characters in randomized order.

Sorry I only saw this:

Step 3

Type in your secret password (keep this secret!) and save the address that will be generated. The password can only consist of latin characters in lower case and the digit '9'. We highly recommend that you store these locally on paper or in something like KeePass to ensure that it's not lost or compromised.

Maybe that phrase was added later.

Thanks

legendary
Activity: 1225
December 22, 2015, 04:28:58 PM

rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
December 22, 2015, 04:23:01 PM
Well, let me clarify as a concerned supporter-- I pulled "20 characters" out of thin air.  After my dealings with the account generator (I'm not related with the project any more than any other general supporter) I think 20 should be more than safe for the foreseeable future.  If your passphrase is 10 characters long, of random characters you could still be fine for a while but the shorter the passphrase, the weaker it is against being stolen, thus my warning.

I'm not trying to cause any fear here but so long as you create a new account with a longer passphrase after the go-live date you should be safe, regardless of the passphrase that you originally used.  No one should really have cause to worry unless they used a phrase like "password" or "12345", which are the only ones likely to be hacked within 10 minutes.
Activity: 146
December 22, 2015, 04:21:00 PM
To be clear, folks, DO NOT create accounts with passphrases less than 20 characters.  Anything less is to easy to crack... You've been warned.*

This should be indicated in the tutorial. It should have examples and screenshots. And please, add a detailed explanation for the people that sent Jinn for the crowdsale.

Thanks and please be patient with non advanced users like me :-)

It's already there in plain text. Unless you want us to make the password for you I honestly can't see what else to add Tongue
I considered using screenshots, but in my experience that makes the user even more lazy and careless than if they have to read the instructions prior to executing.

Thanks
Activity: 179
December 22, 2015, 04:19:28 PM

If they are random, you should be fine.  If they are random, you probably still don't have to worry.  Instead, when the network goes live, just send the iota to a new account.  You shouldn't have to worry.  The network isn't going to cut on and then, 10 seconds later, all accounts with 15 characters or less passphrases won't disappear.

Just take care of yourself as soon as you can.  You should be fine.

Ok great, do we have any timelines for when the network might go live? Sorry, I only found out about this project yesterday and have lots of questions that I should probably just answer with my own research Wink
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
December 22, 2015, 04:17:12 PM
To be clear, folks, DO NOT create accounts with passphrases less than 20 characters.  Anything less is to easy to crack... You've been warned.*

This should be indicated in the tutorial. It should have examples and screenshots. And please, add a detailed explanation for the people that sent Jinn for the crowdsale.

Thanks and please be patient with non advanced users like me :-)

It's already there in plain text. Unless you want us to make the password for you I honestly can't see what else to add Tongue
I considered using screenshots, but in my experience that makes the user even more lazy and careless than if they have to read the instructions prior to executing.
Pages:
Jump to: