Pages:
Author

Topic: IOTA Crowdsale - page 60. (Read 182684 times)

legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
December 22, 2015, 04:16:44 PM
Begin collecting officially? Or simbolically, or testnet?

I think you shouldnt tell anyone to start collecting without doing it in an official way. This gives a very unprofessional perception, as no one knows when people can start doing it, until when, how Jinn donators can recollect, should anyone really send real btc even if its a small amount for a testnet?, web with bugs still, etc.. There is nowhere to find all the conditions and instructions on collection.

Marketing wise this gives a very bad image, of doing things as they come without planning.

There is only one collecting if I read the sale conditions correctly. You can think that it's symbolical to praise god Crom.

I think Triangle should spend at least a bitcoin in someone advising marketing and giving a good image. It wont hurt the technical development and it will help the project overall.
Im pretty sure its a disaster telling the people to start collecting in forum post, a buggy website, without knowing if its testnet or not, until when they can do it, not having a reference page explaining what digits are allowed for the keypass (everyone will get notifications of digits being changed because everyone will use other numbers than 9 and symbols), but some posts randomly distributed in IOTA threads, and a long etcetera i dont want to think about because of how obvious it is...

What happens if someone generates an address whose pass has been modified for having numbers, and sends the btc amount to claim IOTAs? I guess those IOTAs will be linked to a IOTA address no one has the pass to access.

Dude... original post: 22nd december: collect.iotatoken.com
Today is the 22nd and the website works flawlessly for me. It could not be easier. Looks professional to me.

Yet you are like: website buggy, is it for testnet? Everyone will use other digits than 9. We don't know when to redeem.

Why so stressed? You have 90 days to collect the iotas. Imo there are many bad businesses (iota looks not like one of them so far), but there are also bad customers.

The customer is king, but that does not give him the right to act like a queen.
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
December 22, 2015, 04:15:06 PM
To be clear, folks, DO NOT create accounts with passphrases less than 20 characters.  Anything less is to easy to crack... You've been warned.*

This should be indicated in the tutorial. It should have examples and screenshots. And please, add a detailed explanation for the people that sent Jinn for the crowdsale.

Thanks and please be patient with non advanced users like me :-)
rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
December 22, 2015, 04:13:56 PM
Is it too late to change a pw once you've been through the process once? Mine wasn't that short or easy, but it was under 20 characters and I'd like to make it longer if I can?

:/

If they are random, you should be fine.  If they are random, you probably still don't have to worry.  Instead, when the network goes live, just send the iota to a new account.  You shouldn't have to worry.  The network isn't going to cut on and then, 10 seconds later, all accounts with 15 characters or less passphrases won't disappear.

Just take care of yourself as soon as you can.  You should be fine.
Activity: 179
December 22, 2015, 04:11:55 PM
Is it too late to change a pw once you've been through the process once? Mine wasn't that short or easy, but it was under 20 characters and I'd like to make it longer if I can?

:/
rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
December 22, 2015, 04:02:37 PM
To be clear, folks, DO NOT create accounts with passphrases less than 20 characters.  Anything less is to easy to crack... You've been warned.*

*This is not a threat.  I'm just saying, we saw this with Nxt.  As soon as nxt were distributed and coins were floating around, dark "miners" were hunting for weak passphrases, and stealing accounts.  Don't let that happen to YOU!
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
December 22, 2015, 03:54:29 PM
How many characters long does the password has to be?

81 chars for max security. Level of security is computed as Log2(27^N) where N is number of random characters.
legendary
Activity: 924
TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
December 22, 2015, 03:53:05 PM
How many characters long does the password has to be?
December 22, 2015, 03:49:11 PM
ah ok great, I shall keep the pw and address safely noted down offline. thanks

Smiley
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
December 22, 2015, 03:45:47 PM
I guess rdanneskjoldr is not trolling.
Just write instruction for average user like you would write for your granny.

He's not trolling, he's just an asshole, and given his history that he has shared with me I find his comments so ironic they break my brain.
December 22, 2015, 03:45:09 PM
I'm a bit confused. This was my first ever crowdsale and I only caught this with about an hour before the end so bought in a panic at the last.

I have completed all the steps in the collect IOTA page, so what happens now? How/when do I get store my IOTAs?

Thanks folks, I'm a bit of a noob and not very tech savvy I'm afraid... I'm obviously being dim and missing something obvious :/

No worries, once IOTA goes live, you'll be able to access your IOTAs with the password you just used. Simple as that.
legendary
December 22, 2015, 03:44:27 PM
How/when do I get store my IOTAs?

You don't need to store iotas, just don't lose your password that you used to generate Iota address. After front-end (wallet) software is released you'll get access to the iotas after typing the password.
December 22, 2015, 03:42:10 PM
I'm a bit confused. This was my first ever crowdsale and I only caught this with about an hour before the end so bought in a panic at the last.

I have completed all the steps in the collect IOTA page, so what happens now? How/when do I get store my IOTAs?

Thanks folks, I'm a bit of a noob and not very tech savvy I'm afraid... I'm obviously being dim and missing something obvious :/
Activity: 1069
Merit: 682
December 22, 2015, 03:40:54 PM
It have worked. Easy process, everything was clear. Thanks for the smooth start!
legendary
Activity: 1344
December 22, 2015, 03:36:32 PM
I guess rdanneskjoldr is not trolling.
Just write instruction for average user like you would write for your granny.

December 22, 2015, 03:28:10 PM

I think you shouldnt tell anyone to start collecting without doing it in an official way. This gives a very unprofessional perception, as no one knows when people can start doing it, until when, how Jinn donators can recollect, should anyone really send real btc even if its a small amount for a testnet?, web with bugs still, etc.. There is nowhere to find all the conditions and instructions on collection.

Marketing wise this gives a very bad image, of doing things as they come without planning.

There is only one collecting if I read the sale conditions correctly. You can think that it's symbolical to praise god Crom.

I think Triangle should spend at least a bitcoin in someone advising marketing and giving a good image. It wont hurt the technical development and it will help the project overall.
Im pretty sure its a disaster telling the people to start collecting in forum post, a buggy website, without knowing if its testnet or not, until when they can do it, not having a reference page explaining what digits are allowed for the keypass (everyone will get notifications of digits being changed because everyone will use other numbers than 9 and symbols), but some posts randomly distributed in IOTA threads, and a long etcetera i dont want to think about because of how obvious it is...

What happens if someone generates an address whose pass has been modified for having numbers, and sends the btc amount to claim IOTAs? I guess those IOTAs will be linked to a IOTA address no one has the pass to access.

I can't take you seriously with these thinly veiled pathetic attempts at insults. If you follow our instructions, like we laid them from day 1, like is also explained on the website, you wont have a problem. So tired of people like you.
legendary
December 22, 2015, 03:26:46 PM
Im pretty sure its a disaster telling the people to start collecting in forum post...

Why have we spent so much time on sale conditions if noone read them...
Activity: 288
Merit: 250
December 22, 2015, 03:24:57 PM

legendary
December 22, 2015, 03:24:49 PM
Oops...   I was also sending the checkpointing key...  lol   Embarrassed

Don't use old program for key generation, only that link should be used if you want your iotas to be accessible after the launch.
December 22, 2015, 03:23:32 PM
It is indeed functional now, except for a couple HTML bugs (Button not working and link appearing white against light grey background) that will be fixed a bit later tonight as another task that required attention came up.

But yes you can follow the instructions now and begin collecting.

Marketing-wise this gives a very bad image, of doing things as they come without planning.

Disagree. Everything we've said is happening like we said it. Website went up on the 22nd, as planned, it is functional and everyone can start collecting. The collection process itself is no big 'marketing happening', you can't DO anything with IOTA yet, and you got 90 days to collect it, so collect it whenever you feel like it.
legendary
December 22, 2015, 03:17:35 PM

Pages:
Jump to: