Pages:
Author

Topic: IOTA - Thousands of Wallets Compromised and Funds Stolen - page 10. (Read 2618 times)

Activity: 166
Merit: 1
I still have my IOTAs however bought them long time ago. How do I know if my wallet may be compromised and what to do to prevent my funds from being stolen?

i would create a new wallet and transfer asap, dont use any online seed generators.
Chances are though you are safe if not compromised by now, but better safe than sorry
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...
I still have my IOTAs however bought them long time ago. How do I know if my wallet may be compromised and what to do to prevent my funds from being stolen?
Activity: 82
Merit: 0
Kinda feel lucky now that the Iota wallet was so bad that I didn't bother using it..
Activity: 26
I am surprised how few major crypto news sites are reporting about this. Only ccn so far AFAIK. (not to be confused with CNN)

Maybe it is because the information spreads slowly because there is no official statement from IOTA.
Activity: 756
Merit: 103
I am surprised how few major crypto news sites are reporting about this. Only ccn so far AFAIK. (not to be confused with CNN)
Most people are not even aware of it. They assume funds are safe in their wallets, and then boom...all gone.

But I think it is a shame for the IOTA developers to not go public with this and warn people. Theft is still going on.
Activity: 65
Merit: 1
Bitcoin 2 Team
its been over month that I sent my iota from one wallet to my other wallet but it still sawing that its pending and I don't thin that I will ever get my iota now and its worth more than 5k now so there you go "NO FEES MEAN NO CRYPTO" I would not buy any more iotas until I get my back.
Your IOTA are probably safe, just stuck somewhere. That has nothing to do with the theft.
Activity: 4
its been over month that I sent my iota from one wallet to my other wallet but it still sawing that its pending and I don't thin that I will ever get my iota now and its worth more than 5k now so there you go "NO FEES MEAN NO CRYPTO" I would not buy any more iotas until I get my back.
People now tell you to use dice, real dice, but not the ones made in China, because they may be too heavy on one side with the 6.

How stupid is that?! Why they cannot build a proper functionality to create a secure private key into their wallet as obviously every other coin can, an put a password to protect it on.
Activity: 388
Merit: 13

that code is bad dont use it.  they are trying to scamm you again Math.random() is not secure.

Why?

Should I make another address and send IOTA there?

it's not random enough.. google it.
and yes move your iota to new address.; and be sure to create a REAL RANDOM seed  first

cat /dev/urandom |tr -dc A-Z9|head -c${1:-81} in a linux terminal is secure enough?
Activity: 411
Merit: 250

that code is bad dont use it.  they are trying to scamm you again Math.random() is not secure.

Why?

it's not random enough.. google it.
and yes move your iota to new address.; and be sure to create a REAL RANDOM seed  first

Why?

Activity: 322
Merit: 10
Iota has a lot of issues at the moment, i can not understand why a lot of people are still using it knowing that it has a lot of solidity and security measures.
Just a friendly reminder for all the people including IOTA itself calling everyone just stupid for using an online generator :

http://web.archive.org/web/20171206124148/https://iotasupport.com/gui-newseed.shtml

it's written right there that you can use a generator if your not able yourself!
So you better shut up than call others stupid!!
who ownes iotasupport.com ?
Maybe a little late, but this was the code I used, can't remember the github where I got it from.

Code:

Review it, save it to a file, rename it to .html, disconnect your internet and open it.

NEVER use an online generator for a seed, any coin.

that code is bad dont use it.  they are trying to scamm you again Math.random() is not secure.
Maybe a little late, but this was the code I used, can't remember the github where I got it from.

Code:

Review it, save it to a file, rename it to .html, disconnect your internet and open it.

NEVER use an online generator for a seed, any coin.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125
Really sad for the affected holders, but what is purpose to use generators on third party websites?

To replace an attack with an other attack.
Activity: 3
Just a friendly reminder for all the people including IOTA itself calling everyone just stupid for using an online generator :

http://web.archive.org/web/20171206124148/https://iotasupport.com/gui-newseed.shtml

it's written right there that you can use a generator if your not able yourself!
So you better shut up than call others stupid!!
Well, I'm not touching this thing again with a 10' pole. And nobody should until they provide a way to secure your wallet and coins. Logging in with a private key they call seed, and not being able to have at least password protection, is completely unacceptable. We've just seen what happens, and it happened before.

We can only call the IOTA devs completely irresponsible.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 310
This is a sad news to everyone but i think they told that they will find a way to get it back?
or its lost and no compensation or anything atleast they should have to do something about it
as an investor its a pain in a pocket specially if you invested it all in a single coin like iota
i hope you dont invest it all in a single coin chance are you lost everthing
Pages:
Jump to: