Pages:
Author

Topic: iPhone IOS Bitcoin wallet is here! (From Blockchain.info) - page 9. (Read 47496 times)

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
I really love this client and I hope piuk can do something to fix this.

I have submitted an update to fix this issue. Addresses will no longer be shown until the wallet is synced with the server.

For the time being. When you generate an address if you get the following error do not use that address:

thanks so much for acknowledging the problem and providing a fix!
donator
App breaks if I do the following (3GS iOS v4.21):

* Go to send page (arrow up icon)
* Click "Scan From QR" button
* Instead of scanning QR code click on RED X button = app breaks

Hope someone can reproduce this.

nope, this works for me (4.3.3 (8J2))

looking into how to get a crash-dump for the other problem
donator
Activity: 674
Merit: 522
App breaks if I do the following (3GS iOS v4.21):

* Go to send page (arrow up icon)
* Click "Scan From QR" button
* Instead of scanning QR code click on RED X button = app breaks

Hope someone can reproduce this.
Activity: 931
Merit: 500
I just sent 1 Bitcoin from an iPhone with blockchain.info wallet to my friend's Android with BitcoinSpinner installed. Perfect!

It took a little (~10s) to sign the transaction (perhaps because I'm using double encryption), but when I hit send it was almost instantly.

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005
I really love this client and I hope piuk can do something to fix this.

I have submitted an update to fix this issue. Addresses will no longer be shown until the wallet is synced with the server.

For the time being. When you generate an address if you get the following error do not use that address:

I'm experiencing a crash when hitting "review payment" button.

I am unable to reproduce this, please post the crash logs if you can:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5965683_see-crash-logs-iphone.html

Any idea when we can see V1.6 in the app store,  and when it will be available in countries other than Korea?

Normally they review updates in ~48 hours, I don't know why they are being so slow. It will be available for all countries when 1.6 is approved.
donator
I'm experiencing a crash when hitting "review payment" button.

reproduction:
  • start client, wait for power button to be "white" (assuming that means synced)
  • go to send tab, scan qr code
  • enter amount "0.03" in my case, have enough funds
  • hit"Review Payment" button -> immediate crash (or close of app at least)

when I reopen the app (from "task-manager" that pops up when I double-click the iPods button), it says loading for a short period and then show the transaction overview tab. so I assume the app crashed before, is that correct?

anyone else experience that or can indeed send money?

donator
ok, I came up with a better reproduction of above-mentioned problem:

• start blockchain client on phone, have it sync
  • go to settings, turn on airplane mode
  • generate a new address (you will get at least 2 sync errors, yet address is generated)
  • write down the firstbits of that address
  • open your web-browser on your pc and go to the wallet corresponding to your iOS wallet
  • generate an new address
  • on your iOS device, turn off airplane mode
  • switch to blockchain client wait for sync and watch your address disappear
  • look for that address in your online wallet, you will not find it.

I really love this client and I hope piuk can do something to fix this. Here are some ideas:

• at least mark addresses that are not synced to server clearly as "non-synced", as the online wallet does
  • display a big fat warning before showing the qr-code of an un-synced address
  • to mitigate this problem, maybe pre-generate some addresses and hide them. Instead of generating a new address, un-hide one from this pool and refill the pool
Activity: 812
Merit: 1006
Anyone know, why the app is only available in Korean store? Or why just korea?
donator
guys, be careful.

When the device is offline and you generate a new address, this address will most likely be lost. The app doesn't store it locally. Neither does it sync the address to the server later, when network comes back.

I tried several times and this truly is the case.

see my post here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.841810

see post(s) above that one for an answer from piuk.
Activity: 931
iPhone 4 iOS 5.1 App Store from Korea.

Everything seems to be working fine. I have money in my iPhone now!  Grin

can you make the sliding faster (when switching balance, addresses, transactions,...)?

+1
vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105
Any idea when we can see V1.6 in the app store,  and when it will be available in countries other than Korea?

donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
1.6 fixed it for me.

Thanks
Activity: 742
1.5 worked for me, but 1.6 is broken again Sad

Old bootrom iPhone 3G3 running iOS 5.0
donator
It installed fine, but after scanning the qr-code for pairing, it says "downloading wallet" for about 8 seconds, then quits (or at least leaves the screen and I'm in main menu). It's still running (can see in "task manager" when double-clicking button).

Please try the new version on cydia (1.6). I think that will finally fix the issue with older SDK's.

hm, the search on cydia turns up with version 1.5. how to update?

EDIT: nevermind, it just popped up

EDIT2: the bug seems fixed

can you make the sliding faster (when switching balance, addresses, transactions,...)?
R-
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Pasta
It installed fine, but after scanning the qr-code for pairing, it says "downloading wallet" for about 8 seconds, then quits (or at least leaves the screen and I'm in main menu). It's still running (can see in "task manager" when double-clicking button).

Please try the new version on cydia (1.6). I think that will finally fix the issue with older SDK's.

Piuk, you give me so much more of a reason to jailbreak my iOS devices.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
This is the answer to every one of my problems. I love the app, everything works so far. Is it against itunes ToS for the public to use your korean account? Either way, this is pretty badass.
donator
Activity: 674
Merit: 522
donator
Please report back on your experiences.

Jalbroke my iPod touch iOS 4.3.3, installed blockchain 1.5 via cydia (author Ben Reeves, right?)

When firing it up again, same thing: about 8 seconds of "downloading wallet", the close

Can I help debug (no, I don't have itunes)? Is my device supported at all?

You can I reset (tried reinstall, but the wallet id data is still there) so I could retry making a new wallet?
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
Was able to browse the app until the point where I pair the device, As soon as it read the QR code it crashed and since then it crash immediately (I can see "loading")

I could provide log if it help.

(iOS 4.2.1)
Pages:
Jump to: