Pages:
Author

Topic: [IPO-ANN][FC][FileCoin] Decentralized Encrypted File Storage - page 4. (Read 8807 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
Any new on this? It´s a very interesting project I also have been thinking about.
Activity: 152
Merit: 100
I think this is an interesting idea and I hope to hear updates as they become available.

Side note: I was there during the Texas Hackaton and this project is different on both a technology and conceptual level. Keep up the great work guys, you have an innovative concept here

Haters gonna hate.
Activity: 297
Merit: 251
Founder, Filmmaker, Fun Guy
This is not a good idea. Just because a file is encrypted does not mean that its owner would welcome multiple copies of it saved on random people's computers. Whoever came up with this idea is not wise at all.
Of course, using google disk is better idea! Centralized, government controlled, unencrypted by default. But in some cases millions of people using it. Do you know why?

message me on skype when you get a chance?
Activity: 686
what is the minimum u can send
3yM
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Looks legit, bro.  Sending 420 BTC

Fun, bro

Cool bro response, bro.  Bro me again.

Send me 420 BTC again and, you are bro-bro-bro! ;-)
Activity: 126

Fun, bro

Cool bro response, bro.  Bro me again.
3yM

Fun, bro
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
interested in
3yM
this is a good idea, but clearly op doesnt understand what the community has been through with IPOS over the last months. nore does he know proper english to correctly answer all of the questions that will be needed to be answered, before you should even think people would want to spend money on your IPO
you cant expect people to give money, until theirs SET PROOF that SOMETHING IS REALLY BEING WORKED ON. PICTURES, WHATEVER, but opening an IPO before tesnet/any real proof, is going to lower your odds of acceptance into this community greatly
everyone knows by now, that if you and your team were 100% legitamite, youd go along the route of ethereum and other major IPOS, with TONS OF INFO before the IPO starts, and tons of proof of work/research/ANY PROOF that you guys HAVE been working on SOMETHING
and EVEN THEN, if people were going to buy into your IPO, WHY would they do it now, with no extra incentive, rather than wait till laiter when theirs at least SOME shred of proof something is being worked on that has potential
i wish this the best of luck, tho. i like the idea of it Smiley

As I said, we are at stage 0, and IF there is some investors, who wants to see stage 1 faster (because of hiring additional programmer), welcome. IF not - stage 1 will be a little bit later.
Activity: 532
IPO coins need to be banned. It's worse than scam kickstarters.
3yM
Corrected IPO rules for everybody.
3yM
Too good to be a scam  Huh

Why do you think it is scam?

Because you haven't detailed anything about the protocol or how it's going to work. Demonstrate your ability through screen recordings of the client working properly.
Ok, some more project details to be stolen :-) in update. As I said before we have only very early team-alphas. But we work hard.

If you're basing your code on Bitcoin or any altcoin, then you're bound to operate under an open source license anyway. No one can steal something that's free.
Of course. When it's working prototype - source will be opened.

Oh so you haven't even written the code even. Good luck. Anyone can write ideas down but few can actually execute them. Nice job avoiding all of my questions.

Everybody move on.

Do you understand difference between "working prototype" (something like beta stage) and buggy alpha?
Activity: 26
When this type of coin will be published — i'm in! Got more unused HDDs, than videocards. Cheesy
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
smartcoin.io

Because you haven't detailed anything about the protocol or how it's going to work. Demonstrate your ability through screen recordings of the client working properly.
Ok, some more project details to be stolen :-) in update. As I said before we have only very early team-alphas. But we work hard.

If you're basing your code on Bitcoin or any altcoin, then you're bound to operate under an open source license anyway. No one can steal something that's free.

Oh so you haven't even written the code even. Good luck. Anyone can write ideas down but few can actually execute them. Nice job avoiding all of my questions.

Everybody move on.
3yM

Activity: 756
this is a good idea, but clearly op doesnt understand what the community has been through with IPOS over the last months. nore does he know proper english to correctly answer all of the questions that will be needed to be answered, before you should even think people would want to spend money on your IPO
you cant expect people to give money, until theirs SET PROOF that SOMETHING IS REALLY BEING WORKED ON. PICTURES, WHATEVER, but opening an IPO before tesnet/any real proof, is going to lower your odds of acceptance into this community greatly
everyone knows by now, that if you and your team were 100% legitamite, youd go along the route of ethereum and other major IPOS, with TONS OF INFO before the IPO starts, and tons of proof of work/research/ANY PROOF that you guys HAVE been working on SOMETHING
and EVEN THEN, if people were going to buy into your IPO, WHY would they do it now, with no extra incentive, rather than wait till laiter when theirs at least SOME shred of proof something is being worked on that has potential
i wish this the best of luck, tho. i like the idea of it Smiley
3yM
becuz maybe theres already an ipo without a testnet?
you can send IPO when testnet started, whats the problem?
3yM
Also, please explain how files are to be encrypted, and later decrypted in the blockchain.

Why you decieded, that files encrypted and decrypted in blockchain?
3yM
I'm answering - I didn't hear about Hackathon or it's winner before this conversation.

Well, I'll caution you and say that aside from them maidsafe is doing more or less the same thing, has millions of dollars in backing, and has had a working system for years, just no way to monetize it until recently.  They're launching a monetized system in April.

see also this block entry
http://blog.maidsafe.net/2014/02/18/token-on-maidsafe-network/

Someone has 20 millions of dollars in backing and just starting to create professional cryptocurrency exchange, someone does not have 20 mlns and already started http://www.upbit.org/en//

But thanks for your caution. We just starting, and we think it's real to make something like this.
3yM
How are the other 96% of coins going to be distributed?
Just read tech specs - your wallet is started, CPU, HDD & channel used - you get profit. It's kind of mining, but here is something usable in mining process, not just heat, noise and sha-256 )))

I read it, I am just trying to make sense of it.  So, for what I would compare to seeding a bittorrent file your rewarded coins, these rewards are spread out over 50 years , and everyone with the open client has the same chance at getting coins.

Not the same chance - more space shared and faster channel - more profit. Profit spread out between all hosts by proportion of whole network space and channel speed and CPU resources to YOUR space, channel and CPU.
Pages:
Jump to: