Pages:
Author

Topic: Iran shoots down a U.S. drone - page 2. (Read 873 times)

Activity: 82
Merit: 0
June 23, 2019, 10:55:32 AM
I think the question to ask is if USA has the right to fly a drone over Iranian territory. Besides, its only a drone that was dropped by Iran, in 80s America shut down an Iranian aircraft with 190 people or so on board.

I think Trump should trend with caution, already, Arabs are flooding every European country in the name of migrant because of problem created by past American president. Those immigrant will cause more problem in the future than what we are currently facing worldwide. So, president Trump should not add more migrant to already on ground.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386
June 22, 2019, 05:56:46 PM
next chernobyl disaster will be in iran....
Shit happens.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
June 22, 2019, 12:16:44 PM
next chernobyl disaster will be in iran....
legendary
June 22, 2019, 11:36:16 AM
Yes thats true i think . Iran shutdown the dron of USA. Who said it's impossible?

It's only impossible if the US wants to make it impossible.
Activity: 196
Merit: 30
June 22, 2019, 07:50:33 AM
Yes thats true i think . Iran shutdown the dron of USA. Who said it's impossible?
copper member
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899
Amazon Prime Member #7
June 22, 2019, 03:00:51 AM
The whole point of a transponder is it allows identification of an aircraft, so by default any aircraft without an active transponder is a potential threat regardless of the airspace it occupies.
That is ridiculous. Any US military aircraft is a threat to Iran, because the US and Iran are enemies.

Planes can do what they wish in international airspace. Unless the aircraft is provoking another aircraft, creating the need for it to be defended, it is unacceptable to attack the aircraft under freedom of navigation laws.

Seems to me that in a place where mystery people attack oil tankers, some eyes in the sky are definitely in everyone's interest.

Oh, wait. Iran doesn't want those eyes in the sky, do they.
It is obvious who is behind the attacks on the oil tankers. Iran wants the world to know they are behind the attacks, while denying them strongly enough so other countries will not be willing to take military action because of the attacks.

Iran knows Trump does not want to go to war with Iran, avoiding pointless wars was part of Trumps platform that got him elected. I believe Iran was hoping to show the world they can attack the US without consequence, so they can show the world they can also attack civilian ships of other countries without consequence in order to persuade other countries to evade US sanctions against Iran.
Activity: 337
Merit: 258
June 21, 2019, 11:54:26 PM
The whole point of a transponder is it allows identification of an aircraft, so by default any aircraft without an active transponder is a potential threat regardless of the airspace it occupies.
That is ridiculous. Any US military aircraft is a threat to Iran, because the US and Iran are enemies.

Planes can do what they wish in international airspace. Unless the aircraft is provoking another aircraft, creating the need for it to be defended, it is unacceptable to attack the aircraft under freedom of navigation laws.

What exactly are you saying is ridiculous? The use of transponders to identify aircraft? Or when an aircraft has no transponder it is a potential threat?

Contrary to your belief, aircraft can not do whatever they want in international airspace; read up on what the International Civil Aviation Organization does.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
June 21, 2019, 07:22:33 PM

As for who's territory the drone landed in, it looks like Iran possesses a lionshare of the drone wreckage of this one.  That (and basic logic) adds credibility to the story that the drone had crossed into Iranian territory when the IRG popped it.

from the looks of it they have a recycled car not a drone.

That's what happens to a piece of kit which gets nailed by an SAM.  That's how it works.

Thankfully the Iranians choose not to pop the Poseidon with 30 crew-members.  As an American I do appreciate the IRG's restraint.

It's really not the fault of those American troops that Sheldon Adelson paid $100M to get Zionists running our military and the dudes sent up over Iran were not in charge of the mission.  Maybe some of them will resent being used as live bait by the Zio-cons to get the Iran war started and will be more and more inclined to turn whistle-blower.

legendary
June 21, 2019, 07:16:58 PM

As for who's territory the drone landed in, it looks like Iran possesses a lionshare of the drone wreckage of this one.  That (and basic logic) adds credibility to the story that the drone had crossed into Iranian territory when the IRG popped it.

Of course it is possible that the drone either drifted into Iran's territory as it fell to earth, or that it was retrieved by Iran from international waters, but the fact is that Iran has quite a collection of U.S. (developed) drones which almost certainly were invading their territory and paid the price.  They are fairly proud of their collection so it seems.

The U.S. will always claim that the drone was attacked in 'international airspace' and drifted into Iran from the North Pole or whatever.  It's 'how they roll.'  As a result, their declarations about locations of this and that are almost totally valueless.  The sad thing is that a healthy percent of the American peeps will believe anything reported on mainstream TV.  Oh well.

As a US citizen, I really don't care whether it was in their airspace or international, and I doubt anyone does. It's clear what surveillance equipment is doing in that area, and why it's needed and useful.

Nobody's starting a war over a drone.
Activity: 270
Merit: 17
June 21, 2019, 07:09:44 PM

Of course it is possible that the drone either drifted into Iran's territory as it fell to earth, or that it was retrieved by Iran from international waters, but the fact is that Iran has quite a collection of U.S. (developed) drones which almost certainly were invading their territory and paid the price.  They are fairly proud of their collection so it seems.

The U.S. will always claim that the drone was attacked in 'international airspace' and drifted into Iran from the North Pole or whatever.  It's 'how they roll.'  As a result, their declarations about locations of this and that are almost totally valueless.  The sad thing is that a healthy percent of the American peeps will believe anything reported on mainstream TV.  Oh well.

from the looks of it they have a recycled car not a drone.
legendary
June 21, 2019, 06:40:19 PM

legendary
June 21, 2019, 03:54:37 PM

Seems to me that in a place where mystery people attack oil tankers, some eyes in the sky are definitely in everyone's interest.

Oh, wait. Iran doesn't want those eyes in the sky, do they.
legendary
June 21, 2019, 03:48:21 PM
If the drone had it's transponder on, the track is easily available.  If it had the transponder off, it was up to no good and a threat which should not be tolerated.

The nation who was flying a drone without a transponder .....

Says who? You?

Says anyone who cares about the safety of people using the airspace.  That's what transponders are for.  What kinds of activities would one be doing with their transponders turned off?  How long would a transponder-less spy craft be permitted to buzz around over the U.S.....

Depends on where it was, what class of airspace it was it, and what altitude.

If the drone had it's transponder on, the track is easily available.  If it had the transponder off, it was up to no good and a threat which should not be tolerated.

The nation who was flying a drone without a transponder .....

Says who? You?

Says anyone who cares about the safety of people using the airspace.  That's what transponders are for.  What kinds of activities would one be doing with their transponders turned off?  How long would a transponder-less spy craft be permitted to buzz around over the U.S. before it was neutralized (assuming it wasn't part of a self-inflicted false-flag operation like 9/11?)

Some people we know in that region are totally cool with switching off their transponders and hiding behind U.S. aircraft, Russian aircraft, and general civilian aircraft in order to get into position to launch an attack.  Some people consider that to be a cowardly tactic which puts innocent lives at risk while the perps seem to feel that it is a demonstration of their superior intellect.  They think, I guess, that nobody else would be 'smart' enough to think of such a thing.

No, your assumptions regarding purpose, intent, and typical usage of transponders are all wrong.

Government owned aircraft are not bound by regulations covering manned aircraft.

Second, regulations concerning transponder use is changing, with ADS-B being required by year end, and regulations regarding UAV have been in a constant state of change for twenty years.

Third, your assumptions regarding Mal-intent being a reasonable assumption if a transponder was off is nonsense.

Fourth, the obvious use of high altitude surveillance in that area is to observe and record any more ship attacks, such as the recent unprovoked attack on the oil tankers. Apparently Iran does not want that. Of course, they can't stop it, and after this we'll likely double down on observation.

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
June 21, 2019, 09:12:42 AM
Iran shot down a U.S. drone today according to reuters https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-iran-usa/iran-shoots-down-u-s-military-drone-in-gulf-region-idUSKCN1TL07P

Surely U.S. will respond Militarily what do you think?

Iran’s action will prove fatal for them in the long run as they’re openly asking for a war, but for now USA is not going to respond. It has been claimed that Trump ordered a military strike on Iran, but cancelled it before it could be executed. Trump is playing mind games with Iran, and instead of striking now he’ll let this situation calm down and then attack Iran.

Link: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/06/trump-approved-strikes-iran-abruptly-canceled-report-190621042657387.html
copper member
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899
Amazon Prime Member #7
June 21, 2019, 02:49:50 AM

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
June 21, 2019, 02:03:55 AM
Iran shot down a U.S. drone today according to reuters https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-iran-usa/iran-shoots-down-u-s-military-drone-in-gulf-region-idUSKCN1TL07P

Surely U.S. will respond Militarily what do you think?

the iranian islamists regime is openly hostile against the monarchy in saudi arabia,

i personaly can't estimate these "governments" since i am no middle east expert, continous threats of the west because of their nuclear programs are getting mad.

financial soverignty is today still defined by geographically exclusive banking cartels
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
June 20, 2019, 11:55:43 PM
The first thing that I thought about the way it was presented in the headlines here is if it's true or if it was a false flag. Because really, what does Iran gain by shooting down a US drone?
The Iran government had admitted to shooting down the drone...
Activity: 56
Merit: 2
June 20, 2019, 09:47:59 PM
The first thing that I thought about the way it was presented in the headlines here is if it's true or if it was a false flag. Because really, what does Iran gain by shooting down a US drone?

Some of these things never makes sense which makes one wonder.
legendary
June 20, 2019, 08:50:50 PM
If the drone had it's transponder on, the track is easily available.  If it had the transponder off, it was up to no good and a threat which should not be tolerated.

This is a spy plane, trying to spy on a hostile foreign nation. Of course the plane had its transponder off and of course it was up to no good. Spy planes/drones, well spy. if it was broadcasting its location, Iran would have been tipped off they were being watched, and their radio signals possibly intercepted, and would have the opportunity to try to impose countermeasures against being spied on.

A plane flying over international waters without a transponder on is not a threat and is free to fly under international law. Shooting down a plane traveling in international airspace is an act of war; this is true if the plane had its transponder on or off.

Iran is being attacked mercilessly by aircraft flying without transponders and is under direct threat of imminent attack of their soil.  Nobody even really denies that planning for an attack was the mission of this aircraft which was being operated by a belligerent as part of a military operation.

Under these conditions, and especially under sanctions which are by some legal definitions an act of war in and of themselves, I would say that Iran had every right to shoot down the aircraft even if it were in international airspace, but I doubt that it was.  What the U.S. says about it's location has zero value with me since they have proven time and time again to be chronic liars, and I suspect that Iran would probably only have fired at it if it were over their airspace.

It would be totally cool with me if Iran could take down satellites too and totally drive the U.S. military back to the U.S. territory where it belongs.  I'll bet that even if scum like the Zio-cuck Saudi monarchy love them some sheckles, the rest of the 99.5 percent of their nation's souls are don't and would happily bum rush the main source of grief in the Middle East and solve the problem.  Egypt same.  Turkey same.  After they take care of certain business at the top of their own countries first of course.

Edit:  I should add that I don't want to see ^^^ happen.  Mainly because these 'chosen people' would swarm over to my country and start demanding reparations from me, and our political leadership would gladly give them anything they demand.  And more!  I'm strongly in favor of a 'homeland' for the 'Jewish people' who are into that apartheid sort of thing...and one which is as far as possible away from me.  I'm just saying that I could see it working out that way.

Activity: 337
Merit: 258
June 20, 2019, 08:35:29 PM
This is a spy plane, trying to spy on a hostile foreign nation. Of course the plane had its transponder off and of course it was up to no good. Spy planes/drones, well spy. if it was broadcasting its location, Iran would have been tipped off they were being watched, and their radio signals possibly intercepted, and would have the opportunity to try to impose countermeasures against being spied on.

A plane flying over international waters without a transponder on is not a threat and is free to fly under international law. Shooting down a plane traveling in international airspace is an act of war; this is true if the plane had its transponder on or off.

The bottom line here is it was an UAV designed solely for the purpose of surveillance which was shot down with no loss of human life. It's the equivalent to someone flying a drone with a camera over/near your property and filming you while you shoot it down with your shotgun.
Pages:
Jump to: