Pages:
Author

Topic: Iran shoots down a U.S. drone - page 3. (Read 873 times)

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
June 20, 2019, 08:20:04 PM

Interestingly, Iran is taking full credit even when Trump made a feeble attempt to downplay it.  Looks like Iran is sending out a message that they may have some capabilities which are not understood fully by their adversaries.  From what I hear, the U.S. has been keeping most of their ships safely OUT of the Persian Gulf as though they have a suspicion that they may be lost.

This is supposed to be one the most advanced aircraft on the planet and Iran shot it down at 61,000 feet.  They have capabilities up to 81,000 feet.  This proves they can shoot down F-35 we just spent 1.5 trillion developing.  

Turns out the US spending is mostly just going to fill contractors pockets.  They do things all the time like charge 1 million for a 50,000 dollar part.  Could turn out that our adversaries capabilities have already matched ours with a fraction of the spending.  It would be poetic justice to see the US get smacked out of the Persian gulf region.  

If the U.S. gets even partially chased out of the Middle East, it's the end of the US Dollar.  That means the end of life as we here in the U.S. know it.  Big changes everywhere in the world, but since we live more high on the hog, it will be totally life-changing for us.

I suspect that almost everyone all over the world is chaffing under the insult of being forced to support the U.S. via 'we' having the world reserve currency.  (Actually a set of unknown private bankers have it, but it's got U.S. written on the paper.)  I doubt that there will be very many tears shed almost anywhere if we went down.  Certainly I would expect very near zero support if we don't have either a stick to threaten people with or some goodies to buy people off with.  After a war with Iran we could well end up with neither.

Thank God we have held on to our guns.  Certain segments of our populations could, potentially, preserve some core values and a survivable quality of life since they could preserve law and order autonomously.

copper member
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899
Amazon Prime Member #7
June 20, 2019, 08:16:10 PM
If the drone had it's transponder on, the track is easily available.  If it had the transponder off, it was up to no good and a threat which should not be tolerated.
This is a spy plane, trying to spy on a hostile foreign nation. Of course the plane had its transponder off and of course it was up to no good. Spy planes/drones, well spy. if it was broadcasting its location, Iran would have been tipped off they were being watched, and their radio signals possibly intercepted, and would have the opportunity to try to impose countermeasures against being spied on.

A plane flying over international waters without a transponder on is not a threat and is free to fly under international law. Shooting down a plane traveling in international airspace is an act of war; this is true if the plane had its transponder on or off.
Activity: 952
Merit: 175
@cryptocommies
June 20, 2019, 08:01:08 PM

Interestingly, Iran is taking full credit even when Trump made a feeble attempt to downplay it.  Looks like Iran is sending out a message that they may have some capabilities which are not understood fully by their adversaries.  From what I hear, the U.S. has been keeping most of their ships safely OUT of the Persian Gulf as though they have a suspicion that they may be lost.

This is supposed to be one the most advanced aircraft on the planet and Iran shot it down at 61,000 feet.  They have capabilities up to 81,000 feet.  This proves they can shoot down F-35 we just spent 1.5 trillion developing.  

Turns out the US spending is mostly just going to fill contractors pockets.  They do things all the time like charge 1 million for a 50,000 dollar part.  Could turn out that our adversaries capabilities have already matched ours with a fraction of the spending.  It would be poetic justice to see the US get smacked out of the Persian gulf region.  

Of course the other possibility is that the US wanted it to get shot down. 
legendary
June 20, 2019, 07:42:41 PM
If the drone had it's transponder on, the track is easily available.  If it had the transponder off, it was up to no good and a threat which should not be tolerated.

The nation who was flying a drone without a transponder .....

Says who? You?

Says anyone who cares about the safety of people using the airspace.  That's what transponders are for.  What kinds of activities would one be doing with their transponders turned off?  How long would a transponder-less spy craft be permitted to buzz around over the U.S. before it was neutralized (assuming it wasn't part of a self-inflicted false-flag operation like 9/11?)

Some people we know in that region are totally cool with switching off their transponders and hiding behind U.S. aircraft, Russian aircraft, and general civilian aircraft in order to get into position to launch an attack.  Some people consider that to be a cowardly tactic which puts innocent lives at risk while the perps seem to feel that it is a demonstration of their superior intellect.  They think, I guess, that nobody else would be 'smart' enough to think of such a thing.

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386
June 20, 2019, 07:27:37 PM
It's a bit late to react to something from the 80s. That's almost 40 years ago...
You should have told that to Obama when he reacted to the events between the US and Iran in the 1980s just a couple years ago.

And he reacted wrongly. Way, way wrongly.

If the drone had it's transponder on, the track is easily available.  If it had the transponder off, it was up to no good and a threat which should not be tolerated.

The nation who was flying a drone without a transponder .....

Says who? You?

Use of transponders is not that simply explained.
Activity: 270
Merit: 17
June 20, 2019, 06:42:06 PM
It's a bit late to react to something from the 80s. That's almost 40 years ago...

I don't think obliterating a country is the best way to resolve anything... We could get rid of all wars tomorrow if we just obliterate the world...

It shows a negative pattern of a country that is unwilling to adapt to something more than a ruthless regime.
June 20, 2019, 06:40:25 PM
Trump just tweeted that Iran made a big mistake.

I would presume the US military is going to respond. The US cannot let its enemy do what can only be described as an act of war and us not respond. If we do nothing, these types of attacks will continue and will possibly escalate.

Respond with missles and air strikes. No boots on the ground

The problem with this logic is that Iran is not ISIS, Afghanistan, or Iraq. They have advanced mobile weapons systems which they are adept at hiding. In order to secure the Hormuz Strait as a safe shipping lane, this NECESSITATES boots on the ground to acheive the task. Any air strikes will have limited and temporary effectiveness towards this goal.

We thought Iraqs army was going to do more too look what happened to it. I think Iran is a paper tiger

Are Russia and China paper tigers? They will get involved if there is an invasion.
Russia is too broke to be a major war. China is fed by the U.S. dollar neither will get involved.. They might bitch a littlle but not a shot fired.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
June 20, 2019, 06:39:43 PM

I don't think obliterating a country is the best way to resolve anything... We could get rid of all wars tomorrow if we just obliterate the world...
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
June 20, 2019, 06:37:38 PM
Trump just tweeted that Iran made a big mistake.

I would presume the US military is going to respond. The US cannot let its enemy do what can only be described as an act of war and us not respond. If we do nothing, these types of attacks will continue and will possibly escalate.

Respond with missles and air strikes. No boots on the ground

The problem with this logic is that Iran is not ISIS, Afghanistan, or Iraq. They have advanced mobile weapons systems which they are adept at hiding. In order to secure the Hormuz Strait as a safe shipping lane, this NECESSITATES boots on the ground to acheive the task. Any air strikes will have limited and temporary effectiveness towards this goal.

We thought Iraqs army was going to do more too look what happened to it. I think Iran is a paper tiger

Are Russia and China paper tigers? They will get involved if there is an invasion.
legendary
June 20, 2019, 06:36:00 PM
International waters are 50 miles out. They're under Iranian jurisdiction and attempting to spy on them. The US were the first to declare war by going into their airspace...

you're wrong 12 miles is the lands jurisdiction The drone crashed 20 miles out.  The straight of Hormuz is only 24 miles wide..

If the drone had it's transponder on, the track is easily available.  If it had the transponder off, it was up to no good and a threat which should not be tolerated.

The nation who was flying a drone without a transponder should be assumed to be in the wrong unless it is proven otherwise by independent third parties.

Interestingly, Iran is taking full credit even when Trump made a feeble attempt to downplay it.  Looks like Iran is sending out a message that they may have some capabilities which are not understood fully by their adversaries.  From what I hear, the U.S. has been keeping most of their ships safely OUT of the Persian Gulf as though they have a suspicion that they may be lost.

June 20, 2019, 06:24:13 PM
Specifically?

how many instances you need? Do you remember the hostages back in the 80's held for over a year? How about Irans wanting to destroy Israel and the U.S. need more?
copper member
June 20, 2019, 06:21:50 PM
Specifically?
June 20, 2019, 06:18:29 PM
It's still close enough to be considered spying. I doubt it was stationarily hovering either...
Iran has been long since a scourge on the world the sand fleas should be dealt with.
copper member
June 20, 2019, 06:16:58 PM
It's still close enough to be considered spying. I doubt it was stationarily hovering either...
June 20, 2019, 06:11:43 PM
International waters are 50 miles out. They're under Iranian jurisdiction and attempting to spy on them. The US were the first to declare war by going into their airspace...

you're wrong 12 miles is the lands jurisdiction The drone crashed 20 miles out.  The straight of Hormuz is only 24 miles wide..
copper member
June 20, 2019, 06:09:28 PM
June 20, 2019, 05:47:19 PM
Perhaps the drone was bait to justify a war?

Maybe but maybe they just try to keep an eye on Iran. Not sure it will be a casus belli, Trump declared he would wage war if American people are hurt, a drone is unmanned so it doesn't fit.

Maybe it was just classical spying.

Surely they would use a satellite for something like that, or just put a drone further back. The US navy should have a zoom function surely?

It'll probably get the response that Turkey got from Russia when they invaded their airspace and shot them down (I don't think much happened to Turkey and Russia should've expected that) ...

The defense department released video of the downing it was over the ocean not over Iran. I think Trump needs to hit them hard.

I don't understand the idea of going into a war from one or two incidents especially since America have been aggrovating things themselves. If trump hadn't decided to fight a trade battle with the rest of the world we wouldn't be in as much mess now...

Iran declared war shooting down a U.S. plane 20 miles out from their shore
copper member
June 20, 2019, 05:37:32 PM
Perhaps the drone was bait to justify a war?

Maybe but maybe they just try to keep an eye on Iran. Not sure it will be a casus belli, Trump declared he would wage war if American people are hurt, a drone is unmanned so it doesn't fit.

Maybe it was just classical spying.

Surely they would use a satellite for something like that, or just put a drone further back. The US navy should have a zoom function surely?

It'll probably get the response that Turkey got from Russia when they invaded their airspace and shot them down (I don't think much happened to Turkey and Russia should've expected that) ...

The defense department released video of the downing it was over the ocean not over Iran. I think Trump needs to hit them hard.

I don't understand the idea of going into a war from one or two incidents especially since America have been aggrovating things themselves. If trump hadn't decided to fight a trade battle with the rest of the world we wouldn't be in as much mess now...
June 20, 2019, 03:37:30 PM
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
June 20, 2019, 02:57:39 PM
Iran shot down a U.S. drone today according to reuters https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-iran-usa/iran-shoots-down-u-s-military-drone-in-gulf-region-idUSKCN1TL07P

Surely U.S. will respond Militarily what do you think?

I don't think so. May or may not have been over Iranian airspace.

I'm just offended that it costed $187 million.

The US Navy has ordered 68 of the aircraft, which had a reported total program cost of $12.7 billion.

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/iran-us-drone-shot-down-latest-intl/index.html

That's.... a nonsensical amount of money. It should be able to dodge missiles for that price. Hell, it should be invisible.

It's the expense that is propagating the fiat Ponzi of the banking industry. When borrowing/spending money stops, the banking Ponzi will collapse. Until then, we of the wealthier nations will have relative peace.

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: