Pages:
Author

Topic: iranian governement and cyber police thinks that i am thief! - page 2. (Read 249 times)

legendary
Activity: 3402
Merit: 10424
Please clarify something here.
You have a bitcoin address or a custodial wallet that is linked to your identity and have (legally) received 0.09BTC before.
You also have received 2 bitcoins in the same address/wallet that were stolen, right?
According to you saying "buying and selling digital currencies online" you seem to have already paid the thief the fiat for those 2 bitcoins. In that case you must have a bank record and an account number of the culprit which you should hand over to the authorities to bring that person into the investigation.
If you haven't paid the fiat then just pay the BTC back and provide the authorities with evidence that you have been trading bitcoin and have received BTC in the past from many other people also.

And like always you should consult a professional that is familiar with Iranian laws specifically involving bitcoin. We aren't experts here.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 293
You are quite in a pinch because if I remember correctly, there isn't a lot of laws that focuses on this kind of thing and I think that you will be guilty because the coins were tainted and that means that you will have a problem proving your innocence because in the eyes of the law, you are guilty. Maybe you can still defend yourself because you didn't know that it was a stolen coin, like how people buy stolen items without knowing that it is stolen is a good argument.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597
Besides your IP and seed/account, there's no way really to prove that you aren't the thief. Proving you are the owner of an account/wallet is easy, but proving you aren't is about impossible..
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
I opened this topic to technically consult with you guys about the case that was opened for me involving Bitcoin cryptocurrency in the Iranian court.

In fact, after the bitcoins of my friend’s girlfriend were stolen, As a person who was in the field of buying and selling digital currencies online, After I had paid cash to somebody and in turn received 0.09 bitcoin to my wallet I found out through “blockchain.com” that the bitcoins (of my friend’s girlfriend) were stolen/withdrawn to the same wallet from which I had received 0.09 bitcoin. So we reported the issue to the Iranian cyber police and made a complaint, but after a long process, which took about a year, the Iranian police and the Iranian court sentenced me to return 2 bitcoins taken from the plaintiff's wallet, because of the trade/transaction of 0.09 bitcoin that I had done!

The documents provided by the court are, first of all, the 0.09 bitcoin transaction and then the testimony of the manager of the exchange site which is that I had informed the thief to deposit the 2 bitcoins in the exchange so that I could convert it to cash and then send the cash to the thief. (while it is a total lie and I did not send anything and I just reported the issue to the police).

Now my question is…

Technically, in the case of bitcoin or digital currency laws in your country, can I present evidences and reasons based on digital currency laws to the court and prove that I have not done anything and I am not the thief?
Pages:
Jump to: