Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin a Bubble that is just waiting to pop? 6000/8000!! really? - page 4. (Read 1464 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I think Bitcoin will drop after the forks, but only temporarily. Long term it will continue to go up - it's a safer store of value than 'real' currency which is continually being printed.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Bazinga!
not every rise is a bubble, waiting to pop! not every rise is a pump, nor every drop is a dump.

there are times where price goes up fast and with people fearing to miss out (FOMO) on something like the BTG airdrops. but there are also times that bitcoin is being added to real legal forex exchanges or with forex brokers and people who never knew about bitcoin shift their money into it.
Activity: 318
Merit: 100
The example you put out is interesting. Bitcoin can be said to be a bubble, but as it grows, the bigger it gets, the bigger and thicker the bubble will be, the more I can tolerate the pressure of the economy. Bitcoin has existed for nearly ten years and there is no reason for it to disappear like a broken bubble
Activity: 167
People love to hate Bitcoin, they  always have. They will also regret it oneway when btc is $100k.
Activity: 434
About sketchoin so skeptics respond only because bitcoin and crypto-currency in general is a completely new concept for us. We live in an era of digital technology, and the emergence of e-currency is logical. I believe that bitcoin has a great future and he will bring in income after many years. But if in doubt, you do not need to invest all your money in bitcoin. And even if something happens to him and your money is gone - you do not need to get upset. But if everything goes as well as now, you have a very real chance to get rich with even one bitcoin.
Activity: 700
Merit: 275
It's quite high and if the fork is good upgrade for blockchain technology then we could see new paradigm of bitcoin market capitalism. That's what make up the bitcoin price and this time it could reach more than 10K really. But if doesn't go as planned then I'm sure we are going down to 3k to 4.5k again. It's all upto people how they look at the fork and don't go panic selling. Hopefully.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
As bitcoin always increases, a lot of people alway say it is a bubble and are about to explode. They believe that what they say and do is always right but BTC is still growing steadily, it isn't too dangerous here.
You are correct in this.But 6000usd is a huge ammount and if we see the other cryptos the gap is quite significant.
My biggest fear is that we are already at the to of its value and may be it will drop after the fork.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

It might be a bubble; it might be waiting to pop; but nobody knows when it will pop. It could pop at $8k or it could pop at $80k. Can you afford to take that risk and not be part of the rally. This is the fear of missing out at work.
If that's what you think then please enlighten us why it is so. If it's a bubble then it has to be based on some false assumptions. What are those? That Bitcoin can't be used as a store of value that is easy to hide and move around and gives you access from various electronic devices? That it can't be used as a payment system?
When a bubble pops it goes to 0 or very close to it. People realize it's worthless. Bitcoin isn't!
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
what people who call bitcoin a bubble neglect to also mention is the fact that bubble doesn't have to be too huge and "pop" doesn't mean price going down to dumb low numbers.

a bubble can also be a small one. be as big as $500-$1000 and the pop can be small consequently. meaning a $500-$1000 drop for example and call it a "pop" and back to normal
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
Yup it's a bubble but a long one im sure there will be few price correction but the price will remain stable unfortunately the current price is stable and it is supported by the hardfork and going up because of it because of the hype that bitcoin will rise after the fork is surely will happen because the users has chosen bitcoin over BTG it will be another airdrop and free money for everybody just like what happened to Bitcoin cash. Bitcoin will surely reach news heights after this. It is best to hold bitcoin for now.
Activity: 630
Merit: 272
What will be the behavior of bitcoin in the future, nobody knows. I doubt that this year we will see the price is $ 8,000 but the price will continue to grow that's for sure. Those people who think that bitcoin is a bubble are right to think so but bubble bitcoin is only when it will burst. Up to this point is a very beneficial investment asset.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
Hey Guys,

I have invested into BTC quite a bit, when talking to family and friends about its potential etc. many are against it and say it's a bubble waiting to pop.

What are your thought on this? the price has gone ridiculously high from since the beginning of this year and the general vibes on here are that it is going to hit 8000 by year end!
Question is how long before it pops and will it be a be bang drop or gradual ect...

Thanks! Shocked Roll Eyes

It might be a bubble; it might be waiting to pop; but nobody knows when it will pop. It could pop at $8k or it could pop at $80k. Can you afford to take that risk and not be part of the rally. This is the fear of missing out at work.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Thanks for the positive comments gives me a little more reassurance now  Grin
I Will hold tight and ride though all this!! May do some selling and buy back again when it dips ect...

Thanks!!
Activity: 714
Merit: 516
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
i think after hardfork bitcoin price can down
maybe can down to reach 4000 dollar/bitcoin, wait and see
Activity: 812
Merit: 101
I suggest you stick to your position, do not listen to what others say, even if it is your family. you are better understanding the field, if it is profitable for you I suggest that commitment with your investment.
I see today more and more potential that can make bitcoin value will continue to rise, among others is the increasing number of investors.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
Most people fall victim to such thoughts because they are using analogy. This means that they are trying to understand Bitcoin by comparing it to company shares and fiat money. It's nothing like that. Companies rarely have a chance to change the balance of power in the world. Cryptocurrencies are something totally new as there has never been something like independent money! There was always an issuer that you could target to weaken its creation.
Activity: 126
Most of the people saying BTC is a bubble. Notable are US billionaires, who are either spreading FUD so they can control the value or just purely insecure with BTC because its a threat to their banks. This bubble issue has been long ago, a segwit happen and FUD spreads, but still bitcoin managed to hold its own. No one can say it BTC will die, but the fact is more people are getting interested on it.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 507
The coming of hard fork has given a great pump to bitcoin price, due to which ones again it is seen as a bubble which will explode. The same view was observed when Bitcoin reached $5,000 but at that time it survived and this time it will also survive. After the fork one can expect a decease in the value of Bitcoin but that does not mean it will pop like a bubble, after fork their will be increase in sell orders due to which bitcoin market value will decrease but it will stable after a while, and one can expect to rise again after few day creating a record by the end of the year. And then again one will see statements like "Bitcoin is a bubble waiting to pop."
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1074
We have people saying this for years and it is still going strong. This must be the strongest bubble in the world. Let's say this

is a bubble for arguments sake... then this bubble could have been managed by a lot of people to reduce the risks. You buy

on the dip and you sell on the spike. {take profits and put it aside} then you re-invest and repeat this strategy until you have

received back your initial capital you invested of your own capital. Those people who are saying this are too afraid to take

risks and only want to be spectators pointing fingers from the side... they will never make money, because they are too afraid

to take risks.  Grin
Activity: 952
Merit: 516
No one knows. Purely speculation but I think the recent pump has been due to the hard fork coming up in a few days time and the promise of 'free money'. I think we'll see it find its true value after the fork has happened and given enough time it should stabilize.

I don't think people understood what the hard fork is going to be and that you are not guaranteed to get free money and you could even lose your existing bitcoins. I'm sure after that bitcoin is going to suffer greatly but I don't think it will crash ''too hard'' even 1000$ still puts it at 5k and that is still huge.
Pages:
Jump to: