Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin a currency or asset? - page 33. (Read 12775 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 120
November 23, 2017, 01:48:58 AM
Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

What's your opinion about BTC as a currency or an asset?

Suggestions and comments appreciated  Smiley Wink
Ofcourse it can be also consider as an assets. Since you are investing to it. The price of bitcoin now a days are so competent in the market.  Thats why many investors coming from different kind of country are trying to make an investment. Because they already know that bitcoin has a bright future a head and it can be a big asset for them in the future.
Activity: 129
Merit: 10
November 23, 2017, 01:43:54 AM
Bitcoin is an asset right now because the value of bitcoin is becoming more and more evident and is well suited as an investment banking tool. Therefore, the purchase of bitcoin, the probability of making money.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
CRYPTOCITIZEN $CCASH
November 23, 2017, 12:50:55 AM
Bitcoin is both currency & asset. If you use it in some web site for shoping or use it for buy flight ticket it will be currency.
If you invest bitcoin in project or save it in your wallet it will be your asset.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
November 23, 2017, 12:03:37 AM
Bitcoin can't ever become a nationwide currency for any country,or in this world because bitcoin is decentralized and no one controls the generation of bitcoins. No enforcement agency can manage the supply of bitcoin.it was not permission for this nationwide government  so this why Btc isn't as a national forex.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 105
November 22, 2017, 01:03:55 PM
Bitcoin is currency and assests. Actually both are belongs to bitcoins.Many investor use bitcoin for long term like for future purpose and keeping it. Due to its value many peoples use it for paying bills and buying staffs from online shopping sites. On the other hand bitcoin give us profit which is main part of bitcoin so it may also called currency
Activity: 672
November 21, 2017, 01:14:58 PM
to be an asset or currency depending on how many are using, I prefer to make Bitcoin an asset, but not a silent asset because Bitcoin has an unstable price
Activity: 43
November 21, 2017, 01:13:19 PM
Well, I also see that bitcoin will be one of the most widely used currencies in the future.
Activity: 171
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
November 21, 2017, 01:50:57 AM
In my opinion, bitcoin is both an asset and a currency. Bitcoin has many functions and benefits. I can use bitcoin to buy, pay bills. I can hoard bitcoin until its price increases, I will sell is making money.
Activity: 11
November 20, 2017, 08:07:51 PM
I reckon it's both. Basically bitcoin can be held as an asset or used to buy things like a regular currency. Bitcoin is extremely versatile.
Activity: 221
November 20, 2017, 07:57:34 PM
Its hard to tell and different people may have different opinions, for me its an asset . and I am treating it as an asset.
Activity: 73
November 20, 2017, 07:29:59 PM
I think it depends on the usage, because bitcoin has various functions that will be very useful for all users, other than as a means of payment, bitcoin can also be one valuable asset for the present besides the price is so high, bitcoin can be used for investment and trade...
Activity: 14
November 20, 2017, 07:29:12 PM
Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

Currency - the fact or quality of being generally accepted or in use.
Asset - a useful or valuable thing, person, or quality.

I would say it checks the box on both. but don't tell the US Government that... I don't want to pay taxes because of the first checkbox. 😂
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
HELENA
November 20, 2017, 05:49:04 PM
Bitcoin,originally, developed as a mode of transaction just like a currency, but its definition changes with time.   Due to its vigorous price rise, people treat it as an asset. Even due to easy transferable property, it is treated as a currency also.
Now I take Bitcoin as a smart contract just like stocks which can be transferred easily without much restriction.

Yes, due to the uncontrollable price increase of bitcoin some consider it as an asset. When you already invest in a very big amount of investment for me, i will consider it as an asset that can be converted into cash when i want and i need it.
Activity: 1
November 20, 2017, 05:46:51 PM
Both in my opinion, it has store of value also high possibility to even replace fiat money.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
November 20, 2017, 05:44:40 PM
My vote definitely goes to asset. Currency is something more universal and acceptable in all places. There are still a lot of people who don't know about btc and for them its price is 0
Activity: 481
Merit: 256
November 20, 2017, 05:32:58 PM
Bitcoin,originally, developed as a mode of transaction just like a currency, but its definition changes with time.   Due to its vigorous price rise, people treat it as an asset. Even due to easy transferable property, it is treated as a currency also.
Now I take Bitcoin as a smart contract just like stocks which can be transferred easily without much restriction.
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
DECENTRALIZED CLOUD SERVICES
November 20, 2017, 01:21:28 PM

Yes, it is an asset because Bitcoin is an investment and you will be getting profit on it in a period of time and you can also trade it with another coins or tokens.
Activity: 434
November 20, 2017, 10:50:36 AM

Bitcoin's price has made it a valuable asset for many investments and has seen the great potential to be use as the top world currency due to its increasing demand. The debate whether bitcoin is more efficient as an asset or as a currency would be depending on the current state of the country you live in and the side of your government in regards to cryptocurrency.
Activity: 40
November 20, 2017, 10:36:54 AM

Bitcoin usefulness as a currency or an asset? in this case I am also confused, whether it can be called as money or if this is an asset, because the definition of money itself is generally a tool of exchange, well here arises a problem whether bitcoin can be used for the means of exchange as a whole, both upper and lower society layer. because my setau only certain people who use it.
Activity: 21
November 20, 2017, 10:29:16 AM
Bitcoin is good asset and currency.bitcoin has benefits on investment and easy to exchange to any currency.
Pages:
Jump to: