Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin a currency or asset? - page 44. (Read 12775 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 17, 2017, 05:17:35 AM

Bitcoin is a digital money with decentralized payment network
It is free from government or monetary authority.Bitcoin are mainly used as a speculative investment and not as an alternative currency and medium of exchange.Bitcoin is small to the size of other assets but more volatile and high returns from the market. It is difficult to forecast the future value and usage of Bitcoins.Due to the diflationary effects bitcoin will be used as an investment than a medium of exchange.When people are investing bitcoin as an asset meantime since its begining stage it takes time to use as a currency.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
October 17, 2017, 04:21:03 AM
For me, Bitcoin is not yet a currency because it is not yet legally accepted worldwide but it is certainly an asset. It has value that's either appreciate or depreciate depending on the market. I think in the near future, Bitcoin can considered a currency once legalized.
I think so..it is not a currencies...yet.atleast
But it really could be a big asset..especially for a couple years to go.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
October 17, 2017, 02:32:17 AM
Actually, I want it as a currency so people will use it. Many people treat it as an asset because it is becoming very valuable nowadays and very expensive to own. So I think it could work both ways.
Activity: 69
October 17, 2017, 02:29:17 AM
Both! As a Future Investments Bitcoin is a Currency and assets as a Future Investments. You can Hold this Currency within few years and Get Results.

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253
October 17, 2017, 02:28:21 AM
Bitcoin is both. It is a currency because it is intended to be one. It can be used as a currency, although much different from fiat because it is an online currency or money. It is an asset at the same time because if you keep it for a while, it grows in value. Unlike money that depreciates over time, Bitcoin appreciates.
Activity: 212
October 17, 2017, 02:23:57 AM
bitcoin as a digital currency and have a very large asset and can be used to invest and trade.
Activity: 322
October 17, 2017, 02:15:30 AM
I think bitcoin an asset that we have to take care of, in future definitely bitcoin would be very useful and can help in case of economy.
bitcoin and local currency will definitely be connected to each other although both are different, because bitcoin no one is manage.
Activity: 518
Merit: 106
October 17, 2017, 01:49:54 AM
Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

What's your opinion about BTC as a currency or an asset?

Suggestions and comments appreciated  Smiley Wink
in my opinion, bitcoin can be used as currency or asset, for the moment and the future.
it is seen from the usefulness of bitcoin which is currently used as a method of payment in various companies.
but bitcoin can also be an asset for the future because I think the price of bitcoin in the future will be much higher than at the moment.
Activity: 951
Merit: 250
October 17, 2017, 01:36:58 AM
Yes bitcoin has become the talk of the town nowadays it's getting name and fame little by little and it's price is getting higher as more and more people are starting to use it.
In my point of view, bitcoin would be more better as an asset in form of investment because the prices of bitcoins have been rising and will rise more.So if we start spending it now we may have to regret in the future.
But if one can't manage and needs urgent money then he/she should spend bitcoins.
It totally dedpends on one's personal needs.

Bitcoin is a virtual currency that has a high price for now and bitcoin is great if made in the asset for the long term but should not make all our bitcoin an asset because we can't ensure the price will increase each year.
well i think bitcoin is both currency and asset.it is really a currency because it maybe has a value as a digital coin and it is also an asset because it can help us gain and have a motivation to believe that there will be hope and it is really all because of botcoin and it really work.we see that we gain feom it it is really a great asset on having more income.
Activity: 686
October 17, 2017, 01:27:23 AM
Yes bitcoin has become the talk of the town nowadays it's getting name and fame little by little and it's price is getting higher as more and more people are starting to use it.
In my point of view, bitcoin would be more better as an asset in form of investment because the prices of bitcoins have been rising and will rise more.So if we start spending it now we may have to regret in the future.
But if one can't manage and needs urgent money then he/she should spend bitcoins.

Bitcoin is a virtual currency that has a high price for now and bitcoin is great if made in the asset for the long term but should not make all our bitcoin an asset because we can't ensure the price will increase each year.
Activity: 266
Merit: 108
October 17, 2017, 01:19:31 AM
Activity: 322
Merit: 102
October 17, 2017, 01:18:35 AM
Is Bitcoin a currency or asset could be contextual. However, bitcoin provides the two. This can be an asset because this has a value that can be invested, sell or use for trading. It is also true that is a currency that being used to transfer money as this is one of the original of it’s use. It is in the way how people use it though and how does somebody else’s perspective on the matter. Bitcoin is an asset used in buying anything you can buy on the amount you have.

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
October 17, 2017, 01:10:57 AM
Talking about today scenario, bitcoin is a asset according to me.  Because bitcoin are showing a rapid increase in the prices. In every second, there is a increase in the prices of bitcoins.
Bitcoin started from 2009 with a very small amount but now it reach to such a high price.  Its nonetheless a assets.
But there are possibilities that in future, bitcoin will be used as a great currency.  We can not deny from the advantages bitcoin comes with. 
So there is sure chances of price raising and growth in  bitcoins.
Many big names and forums are join and investing in bitcoins.
Infact many people exchanging money in  other currencies in exchange of bitcoins.
Nobody can predict the future, but we can predict present and bitcoin is a good investment and have potentially capable.
Activity: 196
October 17, 2017, 01:00:40 AM
In my opinion about bitcoin itself for rightnow is an asset. because in my country, still lack of development about payment for bitcoin currency. when that happend, i still can't tell that bitcoin is currency, but for another country maybe it's already far development on payment tool for bitcoin  Smiley hope it'll become currency that all people accepted it  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006
October 17, 2017, 12:47:37 AM
It is depend upon the person Bitcoin is currency or asset. In my view if you keep bitcoin for your future it will be asset for you as we are seeing the rate of bitcoin is having proven track record.

If we are using bitcoin to run our family and for other financial requirement bitcoin role will be as currency.
Yes it is one type of digital gold. how we can invest in digital gold like the bitcoin is also one type of asset for our future use. for me, it is an asset only how we can sell gold when we need money like that we will send bitcoins when i need money.
Activity: 51
October 17, 2017, 12:33:52 AM
It is depend upon the person Bitcoin is currency or asset. In my view if you keep bitcoin for your future it will be asset for you as we are seeing the rate of bitcoin is having proven track record.

If we are using bitcoin to run our family and for other financial requirement bitcoin role will be as currency.
Activity: 350
October 17, 2017, 12:32:09 AM
They are both useful as a means of currency and asset, Btc will be an asset because long term holding of btc could possibly earn much profit, Everyday btc fluctuates due to its supply and demand in the market the higher the demand the higher the profit, As a currency, mostly in digital world, btc is widely used to exchange/convert stuffs or goods.
Activity: 112
October 17, 2017, 12:26:15 AM
Bitcoin is both currency and asset. But first all people known that bitcoin is a crypto currency. But now bitcoin price is so high. So now bitcoin is one kinds of asset. People hold bitcoin for profit. Asset also hold for profit. Now bitcoin is most popular crypto currency. If money is asset then bitcoin also a asset. Because money and Bitcoin both are currency. Now bitcoin holding is a great business. So i think bitcoin is not only a currency it is also a asset. Thank you.
Activity: 378
Merit: 278
Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair
October 17, 2017, 12:16:37 AM
LOL - such a silly premise in a system where world fiat credit/currency is incredibly unstable with insane pumping and expansion of US Dollars, Indian Rupees, Chinese Yuan, Japanese Yens, and Euros in supply is nuts. Bitcoin is both asset and currency but is deflationary compared to the scam-fiat-currencies that are inflated with high emissions. Bitcoin is approximately 0.5% (or half of one percent) adopted in the world, it has become much less volatile with time and will be much less volatile once it is 1.5% adopted by word...and will be incredibly stable once it's 2% adopted. One day, many years from now, when it hits 6%-7% adoption the ramifications to the world's financial systems will be epic.

The people around the world are becoming too smart in seeing through the fiat currency schemes.

Bitcoin is GLOBALLY held and sought after by people in almost every country - see global trade data by country or see this list:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/which-country-are-you-from-here-list-thirty-popular-bitcoin-countries-for-trade-1853019

WHO WILL PROTECT ME FROM THESE HORRIBLE FIAT CURRENCY BUBBLES??
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE STOP BLOWING BUBBLES OF EXTRA FIAT MONEY AROUND THE WORLD? (PLEASE NO MORE USD, EUROS, JAPANESE YENS, INDIAN RUPEES, CHINESE YUAN, MEXICAN PESOS - PLEASE STOP INFLATING AND MAKING BITCOIN SO VALUABLE)...stop this pumping

https://macromon.wordpress.com/2017/04/26/the-chart-that-floats-overvaluation/

Recommend reading post: "Hacks Puppets and Forks - How to destroy Bitcoin"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1834310.20

Bitcoin has the highest value because of the totality of what it is - if it lacked the features of what it is, then there would be no value.

If it can be shutdown, and have assets frozen by a bank or government, there would be no value
If it wasn't secure, there would be no value.
If it wasn't immutable, there would be no value.
If it wasn't globally distributed, there would be no value.
If it wasn't so strong, open-source decentralized and unstoppable, there would be no value.
If it wasn't so scarce, there would be no value.
If it was easy to spam transactions, there would be no value
If it didn't have the history of 8+ years (and still no hacker can exploit bitcoin blockchain), there would be no value
If it was exactly like fiat and only did transactions, there would be no value.

Bitcoin has all these together to make the most value and increasing more than any other financial-asset option coming from the fiat central-banking debt-system.

Though it is still very early adoption not even 1% adopted yet (most people everywhere don't know what it is)...
Bitcoin has freed, continuing to free, and tomorrow will still free many people globally from the centrally controlled debt-based fiat system that confiscates your wealth with inflation and tax. Bitcoin is a TRUE savings vehicle. Buying Real Estate, Hospital healthcare, Global traveling, College Education gets cheaper as you hold Bitcoin.

And it has become clear that...
Bitcoin CANNOT be controlled.

Bitcoin cannot be made legal. Governments may still attempt to do so. They can never have such domination on Bitcoin.

Bitcoin cannot be made illegal. Governments may still attempt to do so.

Central banks already control and manipulate Stocks, Real Estate, Gold, Interest Rates. Central banks will never have such domination on Bitcoin.

Bitcoin reached escape velocity 4-years ago in 2013 which means it cannot be stopped - cannot make it illegal or legal - governments/banks do not matter.

On the opposite end of the spectrum the global fiat (US Dollars, Indian Rupees, Chinese Yuan, etc) bubble system broke a couple of decades ago.

Fiat around the world is forced to inflate issuance as its heavily infested, burdened and broken with:
-regulatory burden on fiat banks & system (incredibly costly)
-unemployment & other welfare costs
-inflating fiat to keep stock market rising and to keep house-prices from collapsing
-financing conflicts, bombs, and "aid"
-insurance fraud
-false claims and insurance loss-events
-stabilize regions after natural disasters
-keeping monopolies with internet access centralized and search engine crawlers centralized
-money laundering
-chargebacks
-frivolous legal costs (lawsuits bogging the system down)
-state-sponsored corruption and unofficial corruption (governments and gangs, banks and conartists)
-retirement obligations (debasement in value to keep up with payments from government or other retirement-obligations)
-fake credit (goods being transacted with credit-loss, replaced by inflation of monetary base rather than bringing perpetrators & source to justice)
-using enforcement labor to freeze accounts and assets and take away your money
-costs of auditors and budgetors and accountants to governments and businesses

Bitcoin, systemically, is free from these burdens.

Don't you know what a database is? A non-decentralized "Blockchain" is a private database....Private databases has virtually no value!

BLOCKCHAIN without bitcoin = SCAMCHAINS, useless unsecure private databases
BLOCKCHAINS without bitcoin ARE SIMPLY PRIVATE DATABASES that every small business has even a coffee shop = NO VALUE, its like fiat currency, small minimal value!

BITCOIN BLOCKHAIN = SECURE IMMUTABLE VALUABLE OPEN-SOURCE DECENTRALIZED FAIR (scarce bitcoin supply). Globally people poured over $80Billion (USD) equivelent value into bitcoin and this will increase with time.

hacks (these people may have been well-meaning previously...but people change...):
Mike Hearn : “the "Bitcoin experiment" has "failed." goes on to Ethereum an app coin.
Hearn - Big Bank Bitcoin Bully - https://medium.com/@tradertimm/hearn-big-bank-bitcoin-bully-c61531c082e#.okh9viyze
Craig Wright - desperately claimed to be Satoshi & then flees fraud trying to file a bunch of IP patents! LOL!
Mark Karpeles
Paul Vernon
Josh Garza
Roger Ver
Jeff Garzik (2017 recent; hard forking BTC1 / segwit2x)
"Jeff Garzik wants you to connect to his Bitcoin transaction analytics (spy) company Skry, by default, in the SegWit2x fork. Jeff is a sneaky snake!":https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6n9grc/jeff_garzik_wants_you_to_connect_to_his_bitcoin/
Barry Silbert (and his DCG portfolio of companies-ie Coinbase, Bitpay, sponsoring ilk of Jeff Garzik characters)
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
October 17, 2017, 12:05:39 AM
Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

What's your opinion about BTC as a currency or an asset?

Suggestions and comments appreciated  Smiley Wink

It's an asset that you can convert to your own currency. Having a coin on your wallet don't cost anything until you converted it so it means it is an asset for now. Not much businesses accepts it in exchange of a product for now.
Pages:
Jump to: