Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin a currency or asset? - page 46. (Read 12775 times)

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126
October 16, 2017, 04:17:34 PM
Actually most of us are doubt about this if it is an asset or currency. But in general identification, bitcoin is a kind of asset that is convertable into fiat money if we exchange it into our local currency.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
October 16, 2017, 04:01:17 PM
I treat Bitcoin as a long term investment. That's why I try not to spend it when I don't have to. I believe that Bitcoin has a potential to become a widely used currency. I think it will be used in the middle of trades and it will be valuable resource which won't be easy to replace. If you want to trade any other cryptocurrency than Bitcoin then their price depends on it, no matter what.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 16, 2017, 03:40:25 PM
I think btc is the way to earn money. btw you can invest your money.
Personaly I do prefer those I understand and where I can really become user. For example: I wont invest into Universa, it is just one more ethereum killer, on the other hand Confideal can be ICO I'll believe — it can be used by any person even he never heard about crypto before. Great choice as for me.
Any product that can decrease taxes deserves to live imho
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
October 16, 2017, 06:46:38 AM
Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

What's your opinion about BTC as a currency or an asset?

Suggestions and comments appreciated  Smiley Wink

Due to popular demand, bitcoin's most common purpose for regular users is an asset. Very few of people I know that uses Bitcoins are really using it to buy things. Most of them are long term investors that holds their bitcoins until the market value increases. Trading bitcoins to fiat give them earnings because of bitcoins fluctuation.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
October 16, 2017, 06:41:24 AM
Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

In my country, bitcoin as an asset is a lot more observed than its nature as a currency. The reason behind this is that investment is more proposed to users than the services or products you can buy with bitcoins. The volatility (as quoted above) is the unique feature that makes Bitcoin a good asset and form of investment.
Activity: 1139
Merit: 500
October 16, 2017, 06:38:35 AM
Bitcoin's price volatility have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency. Bitcoin's usefulness as a currency has led to conflicts over the nature of Bitcoin. To be considered as currency, Bitcoin must be be liquid. Meaning you can have it ready whenever you needed it. In that case Bitcoin is not like that. So for me, Bitcoin now is still a speculative asset like Gold.
i think it is both currency and asset because it is the way to get more huge income and it is really a good assset to have extra income that can make you provide the daily needs of the family.it is the asset that really helps  a lot specialy to those  people who are in need of financial aspect.maybe we just only believe on btc.in order for us to success on this feild of making profit.
Activity: 167
October 16, 2017, 06:21:42 AM
I consider bitcoin as a currency and also as an asset  Grin why is that? yes because any currency can be said as an asset. because assets are inanimate objects used to be stored, used and others. all things that do not move or live are called assets  Smiley
Activity: 182
October 16, 2017, 06:17:05 AM
In my opinion Bitcoin is a currency I don't consider as asset. Bitcoin is crypto currencies which we can use it as per the situation required.

Currency is you can use it any time. Asset  we should hold for certain period to handle it.
Activity: 247
Decentralized Continuous Audit&Reporting Protocol
October 16, 2017, 06:14:33 AM
Bitcoin's price volatility have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency. Bitcoin's usefulness as a currency has led to conflicts over the nature of Bitcoin. To be considered as currency, Bitcoin must be be liquid. Meaning you can have it ready whenever you needed it. In that case Bitcoin is not like that. So for me, Bitcoin now is still a speculative asset like Gold.
Activity: 358
October 16, 2017, 06:04:36 AM
bitcoin is asset for me.
bitcoin can make us rich when we fight on it. it additional my income every month, more than other job.
but bitcoin can be currency, if there any store or any people that transaction use bitcoin
Activity: 1078
Merit: 507
October 16, 2017, 05:58:16 AM
Totally depends form user to user. If you heard from someone that Bitcoin is a nice way to increase money in the long term and you invest for a particular period of time for better returns, then you are considering Bitcoin as Asset. But if you use Bitcoin for trading and buying and selling commodities or services than you are using it as a form of Currency. But if we take a closer look, then Bitcoin serves both as currency and asset to a person. One can trade it for things and while using it and keeping it for trade purposes is value rises with time, hence also becoming an asset for the user.
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
October 16, 2017, 05:42:37 AM
I would say it's both. When you try to look at it, it is a currency but since not many used it, it limits the use of it. So most of us who has it treat it as an investment or an asset.
Activity: 239
Merit: 15
October 16, 2017, 05:41:44 AM
A virtual currency is also a currency it has been widely used to purchase goods in some merchants around the world, and it could be an asset that by holding them it actually increase the price and have earnings with it.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
October 16, 2017, 04:35:31 AM

I think its both a currency and an asset. Every currency is an asset since we own it. Something that we own is our asset. Bitcoin is a currency that we owned.
Activity: 350
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
October 16, 2017, 04:26:00 AM
its seems like both of it. you can say its an asset when you hold it like a gold that is for invesment and on the other side you could say its a currency, cause of the liquidation itselff  and maybe in the future a lot lf thing can be brought by bitcoin.
Activity: 224
Merit: 121
October 16, 2017, 02:40:52 AM

I think its both for me.We can say it is currency when we use to pay our bills in our wallet and its an asset if we save it in our wallet waiting for the higher increase value of bitcoin.Both of them are suite for the definition of each other .Bitcoin is a digital currency a currency for the future of our money.
Activity: 350
October 10, 2017, 10:45:55 PM

Of course this bitcoin is digital currency so bitcoin is currency becuase you can covert it into real money and if you conbert it into real money  you call this as an asset because you can use this to buy anything.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 10, 2017, 09:25:21 PM

Bitcoin and fiat money are a form of assets but has different purpose of existence because Bitcoin is a decentralized asset whereas fiat money is a centralized one. As a smart individual we need them both, Bitcoin as good form of investment and fiat money to be used for our daily lives. Bitcoin can only be used for larger transactions and it is not recommended for lower levels of transactions like buying candies or anything that is under $4 because fees maybe higher than that in the future but if that issue can be resolved, the better. The only issue with fiat money is the tax we need to pay for each time we pay or buy services and goods. Therefore, having both assets will be nice in any different angles.
Activity: 588
Merit: 111
I love the Cryptocurrency world
October 10, 2017, 09:15:54 PM
for now bitcoin is an asset but in the future bitcoin will be a currency, for that we need low fees to allow micropayments
lets wait for that in the future.
Activity: 378
October 10, 2017, 08:35:20 PM
it become asset in public speaking
but truly, it is currency for commodity market as well
Pages:
Jump to: