Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin actually ready to go mainstream? - page 4. (Read 3568 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016
Is Bitcoin actually ready to go mainstream?

No , it is not yet ready before the price stabilized which cant be happening in a short time because not everyone like to hold of a currency that its value is not stable. Not all people take the risk of volatility.

If it is not ready then the question is when will it be ready?

It will be ready after the value of bitcoin stabilized or atleast until it gets popular enough, expect some companies to announce that they accept bitcoin
Q7
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
If it is not ready then the question is when will it be ready? I think we should be more worried about bitcoin getting accepted and going mainstream than the other way round. Or either way both should be moving parallel where the infrastructure and code improvement can be done along the way and at the same time promoting and bringing bitcoin to the masses.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
The community is still too small, the market volume is too small, and the price volatility is still at large. So in my opinion it should take more time to establish and then try to break in the world's economy.

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
AltoCenter.com
The community is still too small, the market volume is too small, and the price volatility is still at large. So in my opinion it should take more time to establish and then try to break in the world's economy.
Activity: 546
Merit: 510
I think it is not a matter if bitcoin is ready for the people, it is a matter if people is ready for bitcoin.
The thing is, that common people are terriable with IT. We need a whole new generation of people, who has been brought up with computers, playing with tables since they could crawl.
Like metioned, most basic task as taking a screen shoot is complicated to the common joe.

when the new generation is grown up, and get in the age where they start to earn money... then is it time... it will be the new age of money. The age of bitcoin. I think it will take about 10-15 years.
My theorem is called "The tablet therom", take the time then the tablet pc became mainstream and add 20 years (for that generation to grew up). Then is it time.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Exactly. We also need some prunning or compression for Bitcoin Core. Syncing taking hours isn't really helping.
It will take a few more years till the infrastructure is ready for mainstream adoption. When some people don't know how to do something simple as take a screenshot on their PC, how do you expect them to use something as complicated as Bitcoin?

How do you take a screen shot of your pc? ;-)
I didn't say of my PC, I said on their PC or in other words of their desktop.
Stop going off topic on discussions.

More people need to start using bitwage.co to convert all or part of their paychecks to bitcoins.

We need a viable replacement for brawker.com. Possibly via OpenBazaar?
We do need it because it kinda counters bitpay if we're talking about the market.
We are all waiting for OpenBazaar.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
Not yet! There are some underlying issues needed to be addressed before the masses adoption! Such as security issues, easy application, regulation, mining centralization, price volatility etc. PPl basically want the secured ,easy to use , appreciated currency,
Exactly. We also need some prunning or compression for Bitcoin Core. Syncing taking hours isn't really helping.
It will take a few more years till the infrastructure is ready for mainstream adoption. When some people don't know how to do something simple as take a screenshot on their PC, how do you expect them to use something as complicated as Bitcoin?

Exactly! Some people don't know how to use a computer and we 'are thinking' (or maybe better would like) that btc will go mainstream... really amazing! I still prefer bitcoin for some usage, and FIAT currencies for other things and I am thinking that they can co-exist (with some 'limitation' in the future).
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016
Not yet! There are some underlying issues needed to be addressed before the masses adoption! Such as security issues, easy application, regulation, mining centralization, price volatility etc. PPl basically want the secured ,easy to use , appreciated currency,

How do you take a screen shot of your pc? ;-)
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
No matter what amount of BTC is in your wallet:
(In your opinion) Is/Are there (or could there be) any important undiscovered major bugs, and/or are you worried about that topic?
How about 'endless' frauds/scams? Etc, etc....

Obviously : NO , at the moment bitcoin is not ready to go mainstream. A lot of people still prefere the FIAT values, with all the defects (but it is still good for some people / respect the bitcoin).

i don't think bitcoin need 100% regulation(and it won't happen because bitcoin is implement a better anonymous tech in the future, we know those two things can't work together) to go mainstream

security isn't bitcoin related but exchange related and mining centralization isn't an issue, it was intended by satoshy itself....

so the only left thing to resolve is price volatility, which is the epitome of the adoption

Why some people want that bitcoin it becomes mainstream, it is not 'made' to become mainstream.

legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
More people need to start using bitwage.co to convert all or part of their paychecks to bitcoins.

We need a viable replacement for brawker.com. Possibly via OpenBazaar?
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
at this point not really. a few thing have to be updated first via a fork. most important is to increase block data to 20mb as suggested. that will be massive.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
hm
I don't think people will use Bitcoin like they use dollar today. I think the potential is something like Circle in the middle term. Am I correct to say that Circle is something like PayPal, but Circle uses Bitcoins for transfering dollar and is therefore cheaper than PayPal?
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

i don't think bitcoin need 100% regulation(and it won't happen because bitcoin is implementing a better anonymous tech in the future, we know those two things can't work together) to go mainstream

security isn't bitcoin related but exchange related and mining centralization isn't an issue, it was intended by satoshy itself....

so the only left thing to resolve is price volatility, which is the epitome of the adoption
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I don't think so  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
legendary
Activity: 950
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Honestly?  Nope.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
No matter what amount of BTC is in your wallet:
(In your opinion) Is/Are there (or could there be) any important undiscovered major bugs, and/or are you worried about that topic?
How about 'endless' frauds/scams? Etc, etc....

Pages:
Jump to: