Author

Topic: Is bitcoin better or paypal? - page 115. (Read 281245 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
April 14, 2016, 07:43:38 AM
They are both good, but I think we cannot compare them because they are both very different.
The bitcoin wants to be a real currency, Paypal just wants to be a pay method and is not a currency at all right ?
Overall I do like the bitcoin more because its faster and also more secure and cannot get limited.

for me the difference is in the rules you have to follow. when using bitcoin there is none. but in order to use PayPal you have to agree and obey their terms of services.
just search how many accounts has been restricted and for the stupidest reasons in paypal.
Some people like Bitcoin more than paypal and there are also people that like paypal more than Bitcoin so everyone has their own choice to use there payment method and that is nice.
Personally I like Bitcoin more and that is because you can earn money with it and it is getting also more acceptable.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
April 14, 2016, 07:35:29 AM
I think the bitcoin is way better because of all kind of reasons.
One of the reason is because you cannot get limited with the bitcoin, you are controlling it yourself.
With paypal if you had a large amount they will limit your account because they do not trust it.... its really annoying.

Paypal has generated its own way of security to the users, likewise bitcoin has its method of security. When it comes to transaction fee bitcoin takes it lead because during transaction only a very very small percentage is considered as transaction charge which is that high in paypal.
Activity: 364
April 13, 2016, 11:11:14 AM
I also think paypal is good but I prefer bitcoin because its better secured indeed plus it has a lot more advantages like the self controlling part that makes it very nice in my opinion.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
April 13, 2016, 09:59:37 AM
I think the bitcoin is way better because of all kind of reasons.
One of the reason is because you cannot get limited with the bitcoin, you are controlling it yourself.
With paypal if you had a large amount they will limit your account because they do not trust it.... its really annoying.
Activity: 336
April 13, 2016, 05:27:30 AM
They are both good, but I think we cannot compare them because they are both very different.
The bitcoin wants to be a real currency, Paypal just wants to be a pay method and is not a currency at all right ?
Overall I do like the bitcoin more because its faster and also more secure and cannot get limited.

for me the difference is in the rules you have to follow. when using bitcoin there is none. but in order to use PayPal you have to agree and obey their terms of services.
just search how many accounts has been restricted and for the stupidest reasons in paypal.
Everyone has their own choice of course and that is quite logic some people works better with paypal than with Bitcoin so everyone has their own payment method.
Personally I like Bitcoin more because you can earn good money with it and you can also use it easy as a payment method but there is no difference in which one is better.
Activity: 42
April 13, 2016, 03:14:18 AM
For me bitcoin is better than PayPal because u have a lot of requirements in PayPal to become verify but in bitcoin all u need is cellphone number gmail account . bitcoin is the best Tongue
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Forza Roma
April 12, 2016, 05:08:26 PM
The bitcoin is way better than paypal because of the following reasons:

1. Paypal is limited in some kind of country's.
2. Paypal is controlling your account so they keep an eye on you.
3. Paypal is very slow with some kind of transactions.
4. The bitcoin is way faster.
5. The bitcoin is more secure than other pay methods.
6. The bitcoin is controlled by yourself no one else is looking in your wallet its just you that has the power over your money.

You are right this are exactly the reason for me why I only use the bitcoin to pay things with it, I really hate paypal because of multiple reasons.
One of the biggest things I hate about paypal is the limitations it has if you made a payment or received a payment.
Activity: 364
April 11, 2016, 11:19:17 AM

Everyone has their own choice to choose their own payment method and that is good and we should respect their choice, some people like Bitcoin more than Paypal.

But I think that Bitcoin is now getting more popular in using now than Papyal so that is not that good for Paypal itself.
Activity: 434
April 11, 2016, 01:05:53 AM
For me both of them are equal. Btc low fees and paypal chargebacks... There are many scamers outside

Nope Paypal included with many scam attempts but Bitcoins are not like that, I prefer bitcoin, it is easy to use bitcoin bitcoin is very convenient especially if used as a trading tool, in contrast with paypal transaction requires a fairly long time and is very difficult to verify his account...
copper member
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
Post your ann & bounty just contact me
April 10, 2016, 09:59:27 PM
With bitcoin, you save the money in your own wallet. With Paypal, you trust it to store your money.

if paypal fail,, or maybe the cloud eror, hacked, ddos etc. (anything can happen) , then you lost your money Roll Eyes

it's diffrent with bitcoin decentralization system.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
April 10, 2016, 02:52:32 PM
With bitcoin, you save the money in your own wallet. With Paypal, you trust it to store your money.

That answer is correct and I would answer the same if explaining BTC to a noob.

But perhaps it's not that easy. In Bitcoin, there is also a trust factor. Bitcoin is not entirely trustless:

• You must trust the developers, so they don't provide malicious code.
  • You must trust mining pools that they don't attempt a 51% attack (some were dangerously near this point in the past)
  • You must trust the community, that it doesn't dump all their coins and value goes to zero.

The difference, however, is that in Paypal you trust a single entity. In Bitcoin, there are many players with different interests. And most of them would not benefit from a failing Bitcoin.

So it's easier to trust BTC than Paypal - if there were not the volatility problems, related to point 3. That is a major flaw still and should be attempted to be fixed.
Activity: 249
April 10, 2016, 02:33:32 PM
For me both of them are equal. Btc low fees and paypal chargebacks... There are many scamers outside
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
April 09, 2016, 10:33:19 AM
how you even dare ask dude, you didn't get the principe of btc ...  Huh Huh

Most people here think Bitcoin is a much better option than PayPal, but there are also some people that don't know which one is better, and why it is better.

That's why this thread is created, to see what the overal experience and thoughts of people are.
Activity: 44
April 09, 2016, 07:57:03 AM
M4z
Activity: 59
Merit: 1
April 09, 2016, 01:24:50 AM
how you even dare ask dude, you didn't get the principe of btc ...  Huh Huh
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
April 09, 2016, 01:23:48 AM

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
April 08, 2016, 11:32:47 PM
basically bitcoin better than paypal. bitcoin has the speed and ease of transaction.
Activity: 145
Merit: 112
To the moon!
April 08, 2016, 11:11:55 PM
It is comparing apples to oranges, but Bitcoin is better.
Activity: 350
April 08, 2016, 07:39:37 PM
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
April 08, 2016, 04:48:37 PM
I think Bitcoin is more better than paypal,
It is true that paypal is available on a large number of plaeces and online stores but the reality is that paypal is available in limited countries and with that it limits all the products available with paypal purchase, while bitcoin is available to all the internet users.

By far bitcoin gives more oppertunity. Not only in terms of fees and anonimity. However paypal offers buyers way more security.
So they are close.

But yes for me bitcoin is the clear winner.
Jump to: