Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin digital gold? - page 10. (Read 1191 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 151
First crypto index traded as a token!
March 26, 2018, 01:46:35 PM
It is quite understandable that some people compare bitcoin with gold. It's expensive and you can invest in Bitcoin, bitcoin is 'mined' just like gold. But there are some differences. Gold is from the old world and bitcoin is the future. Gold can be seen as a bank asset, while Bitcoin is the opposite.
Activity: 882
Merit: 506
March 26, 2018, 01:39:03 PM
Well yes, you can say it is so because of how its investors treat it. As you well should know, die-hard Bitcoin investors give it such a huge intrinsic value to the point that they do not even utilize the same as a payment system, for which it was originally constituted, but a substantial asset they cannot let go of, hence, they keep holding. But then again, I cannot really subscribe to it fully because there are humongous differences in it that require attention. Like for instance, gold is tangible unlike that of Bitcoin. Hence, you can ALWAYS sell gold at a price but you cannot do the same for Bitcoin all the time. That is why as for me, they are not directly counterparts of each other.
Activity: 840
Merit: 520
March 26, 2018, 01:33:08 PM
The billionaire venture capitalist is doubling down on BTC, likening the digital coin to gold’s online equal.

Thiel touts the No. 1 cryptocurrency for its size and its ability to compete with gold as a safe haven, saying at the Economic Club of New York:

“I would be long bitcoin, and neutral to skeptical of just about everything else at this point with a few possible exceptions. There will be one online equivalent to gold, and the one you’d bet on would be the biggest,” said Thiel.

But with the exception of a few digital coins, Thiel remains neutral on the rest of the cryptocurrency pack. He didn’t dismiss the possibility that bitcoin could be surpassed by Ethereum or other altcoins that prey on the leading cryptocurrency’s weaknesses, but bitcoin’s strength is in its size.

Bitcoin controls more than 40% of cryptocurrency market cap compared to almost one-fifth for Ethereum, as per Coin Market Cap data cited in CNBC.
Yes bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency is the digital gold, in fact much benefial than gold. In ancient times people used to invest their money either in gold or in shares but now with the introduction of BTC, the definition of investment has been changed because it is the safest and the most beneficial way to invest your money and it is much trust worthy, so yes BTC is much better than investing into stocks or gold.
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!
March 26, 2018, 06:21:27 AM
The billionaire venture capitalist is doubling down on BTC, likening the digital coin to gold’s online equal.

Thiel touts the No. 1 cryptocurrency for its size and its ability to compete with gold as a safe haven, saying at the Economic Club of New York:

“I would be long bitcoin, and neutral to skeptical of just about everything else at this point with a few possible exceptions. There will be one online equivalent to gold, and the one you’d bet on would be the biggest,” said Thiel.

But with the exception of a few digital coins, Thiel remains neutral on the rest of the cryptocurrency pack. He didn’t dismiss the possibility that bitcoin could be surpassed by Ethereum or other altcoins that prey on the leading cryptocurrency’s weaknesses, but bitcoin’s strength is in its size.

Bitcoin controls more than 40% of cryptocurrency market cap compared to almost one-fifth for Ethereum, as per Coin Market Cap data cited in CNBC.

Yes, I agree with you that Bitcoin is the real digital gold and its value is going to reach the sky limits in coming years and months if there is strong demand continue to rise day by day. I am planning to invest some particular amount of capital in bitcoin alone for every year so that when its value will be increased to 10 times of today's price then will be profited in a big way and it will be proven that bitcoin is really a digital gold of today's generation.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform
March 26, 2018, 03:56:04 AM
As bitcoin reached its tremendous success, more articles about comparisons between gold and bitcoin have emerged. They are both very good and sound investment that's why bitcoin is considered to be the new gold in digital form.
Activity: 80
Merit: 0
March 26, 2018, 03:48:41 AM

I think bitcoin market already is up.But bitcoin is a very popular coin in our market.So it can keep our mind and earn money.There are many people all day earn more bitcoin.So Bitcoin is as precious as gold. Bitcoin is now gold equivalent to us.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
March 26, 2018, 03:36:50 AM
If you compare price of gold and bitcoin, you can assert that it is really true.Gold is an physical asset, while Bitcoin is mainly a crypto currency, but considered as digital asset too, like all crypto currencies almost. In my opinion BTC is even more valuable than gold actually, since its price keep rising faster and it keep having very promising potential.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
March 26, 2018, 03:25:41 AM
Bitcoin is not a digital gold it is a digital currency,and it can't be considered as gold too because the price of bitcoin is too volatile but the price of gold is very stable so the basic property also differs from the gold so it is not a digital gold.
Activity: 600
Merit: 256
March 26, 2018, 03:21:52 AM
it is not yet because if you look at the gold price, it is stable. but bitcoin price currently not stable.
bitcoin can be digital gold, if the value of bitcoin has stabled like the price of gold.

So what? There are a lot of assets, which are not stable. Even gold is not that stable. If you remember, during 2012-14, the prices had come down from $1,800 per oz. to $1,200 per oz. Bitcoin is a lot more volatile than gold, but the situation will change as the number of users increase.
Activity: 512
Merit: 100
March 26, 2018, 03:20:04 AM
Bitcoin is a digital equivalent of gold.Bitcoin cannot be find in nature unlike gold,yes bitcoin is digital gold Because bitcoin is also high in price like gold.Bitcoin is indeed digital gold and it is a way better than physical gold.I still believe that Bitcoin is the new and the digital gold.
Yes it is somewhat just like a digital gold that  some people are willing to buy, and that people proves that it is worth to invest at, and for me it is worth to invest compare to stock market or just putting all your money in bank.
Activity: 57
March 26, 2018, 03:18:50 AM
as we know, many people who invest gold to save their wealth, but now there are bitcoin and many people are investing in bitcoin. some even move their investment from gold to bitcoin. so I also assume that bitcoin is digital gold. but the gold and bitcoin remain different
Activity: 302
Merit: 120
March 26, 2018, 03:11:05 AM
I agree if bitcoin is referred to as digital gold. you can see everywhere everyone talks about bitcoin. I think for the future bitcoin can replace gold.
Activity: 112
March 26, 2018, 03:05:42 AM
Bitcoin is a digital equivalent of gold.Bitcoin cannot be find in nature unlike gold,yes bitcoin is digital gold Because bitcoin is also high in price like gold.Bitcoin is indeed digital gold and it is a way better than physical gold.I still believe that Bitcoin is the new and the digital gold.
Activity: 523
Merit: 10
YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/
March 26, 2018, 02:40:20 AM
it is not yet because if you look at the gold price, it is stable. but bitcoin price currently not stable.
bitcoin can be digital gold, if the value of bitcoin has stabled like the price of gold.
Activity: 104
March 26, 2018, 01:34:44 AM
Gold is hard money, and it is very hard for gold miners to increase the supply of gold in the world. Also, major big metal retailers have started accepting Bitcoin payments for gold.
Bitcoin’s supply is strictly limited. There will only ever be 21 million bitcoins. And the code that controls the issuing of the bitcoins is decentralized among thousands, tens of thousands of nodes that operate the bitcoin software. And if it were to change, it would need the majority agreement of everybody involved. In summary, we can say that Bitcoin is far closer to gold, in other words, Bitcoin is a digital equivalent of gold.
Activity: 85
March 24, 2018, 08:12:54 AM
This is like trying to find similarity between fruits and rootcrops, very different but somehow share similarities.
Like prices could drop or fluctuate vigorously with bitcoin, but with gold pretty stable and you are sure of your security with regards to price.
Activity: 420
Merit: 252
March 24, 2018, 08:11:23 AM
recently it has been treated as a digital gold rather then currency as it is used as a backed asset for every other coin and acts as a leader of the other coins as well, so at the moment yes btc is a digital gold according to me.
Activity: 91
March 24, 2018, 08:08:08 AM
Naaaah I don't believe that bitcoin can be considered as gold in digital space.
Yes their prices can be comparable but they behave differently, prices fluctuates a lot with bitcoin while gold is stable.
And also their origin is pretty much different. However, risks for both are substantially bit of different aspect.
Activity: 574
Merit: 101
March 24, 2018, 08:00:40 AM
Yes, Bitcoin is a digital gold. Once a gold is mined, its supply becomes lower and its price will become higher. It is also same as Bitcoin, there are 21 million Bitcoins in the world, as the year goes by the price of Bitcoin becomes higher due to demand. Even though Bitcoin is a digital gold, it is still different than the real gold. Bitcoin is riskier than gold because there is an assurance that gold will increase its price in the next couple of years. While in Bitcoin, you are not sure because you will not know when Bitcoin will shut down, Bitcoin cannot be find in nature unlike gold. I still believe that Bitcoin is the new and the digital gold.
Activity: 196
March 24, 2018, 07:52:43 AM
Bitcoin is still termed as father all of crypto currency and with that being said I can assume that Bitcoin as a digital gold as no else online commodity has given better returns over long period of time than Bitcoin. Bitcoin may suffer potential up and down every day but at the end of year it comes with a positive balance-sheet in its hand
well, I guess bitcoin is not like gold. but, it can be said that bitcoin is digital gold, because when you have it, you're like having gold. but, the potential for bitcoin is greater than gold. whether it's in terms of risk, or in terms of profit.
i agree with you bitcoin is not a gold its a digital currency where you can buy a lot of things you can ear bitcoin through different ways and a lot of people are taking advantage of it so bitcoin its the the king of all crypto.
Pages:
Jump to: