Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin digital gold? - page 14. (Read 1191 times)

copper member
Activity: 616
Merit: 0
March 20, 2018, 01:45:43 AM
It seems to me that both of them are good for investment and have its own value. Bitcoin is like as digital gold and it can be used for payment transactions, bitcoin fluctuates while gold prices are stable. Bitcoin has given good return after long term investment compare to Gold.
Activity: 251
Merit: 2
March 20, 2018, 12:49:31 AM
The billionaire venture capitalist is doubling down on BTC, likening the digital coin to gold’s online equal.

Thiel touts the No. 1 cryptocurrency for its size and its ability to compete with gold as a safe haven, saying at the Economic Club of New York:

“I would be long bitcoin, and neutral to skeptical of just about everything else at this point with a few possible exceptions. There will be one online equivalent to gold, and the one you’d bet on would be the biggest,” said Thiel.

But with the exception of a few digital coins, Thiel remains neutral on the rest of the cryptocurrency pack. He didn’t dismiss the possibility that bitcoin could be surpassed by Ethereum or other altcoins that prey on the leading cryptocurrency’s weaknesses, but bitcoin’s strength is in its size.

Bitcoin controls more than 40% of cryptocurrency market cap compared to almost one-fifth for Ethereum, as per Coin Market Cap data cited in CNBC.

I think that is the exact definition of BITCOIN in real position of Ctypto currency itself known to be DIGITAL CURRENCY GOLD because  of the image they are using is color gold but it is tangible. so my perception is DIGITAL CURRENCY GOLD in this new generation.
Activity: 293
Merit: 100
March 20, 2018, 12:25:08 AM
I think so and I think it is also paved the way for other digital assets and contracts but like gold it is the first agreed upon asset but this time completely digital. We will definitely see tons of others come and go but like gold, it still have value and is a storage of wealth.
Yes bitcoin is our digital gold or should we say our future gold that will able to help many people through everything that we needed. Bitcoin is such a great source of income for everyone, it is more useful and more helpful for everyone that really needed this kind of job. This transaction is really a unique form of earning money. Through bitcoin, it will make our life so much easier and can make our life better for the future.
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
March 20, 2018, 12:21:36 AM
I think so. I tend to think that bitcoin is more of a digital gold for storing value than a currency due to its high value, high transaction fee and low transaction speed. With the advance of lightning network and other scaling solutions, using bitcoin as a day to day transaction currency may become possible.
Activity: 309
Merit: 5
March 20, 2018, 12:14:09 AM
yes it is that's the only thing Bitcoin is successful about storing value, a commodity, it failed to be a currency and money. do you think "most" of the people here buy BTC to exchange goods and services nope I think not they are buying as an investment like gold.
Activity: 630
Merit: 20
March 20, 2018, 12:13:13 AM
You can say that it is like and most probably the digital gold. I like the terms of it since it resembles the value as of that gold. The more you keep your btc the more you are gaining your profits in the future if it's value increased. Though some characteristics of gold can't meet by bitcoin . For an instance, gold can be used as a conductor of heat while bitcoin is just a consumer (in terms of mining).
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
March 20, 2018, 12:01:12 AM
bitcoins like digital gold, valuable investment assets and can also be used for transactions. but what makes them both different is the price issue. bitcoin fluctuates, while gold prices are more stable and tend to increase every year.
Activity: 462
Merit: 281
dApps Development Automation Platform
March 19, 2018, 11:59:08 PM
Yes, It is. In my opinion it's more than a digital gold with all of it potential and limited supply.
You can exchange it for fiat, property... manything else like GOLD but it's better than gold!
So why it isn't digital gold?
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
March 19, 2018, 11:55:33 PM
If you understand Proof-of-Work, you'll see that this is a good way to describe Bitcoin.
Just like with gold, anyone can buy a miner to start digging for it. And it has a property that, IMO, is very important for a currency, which is a fixed limit in the supply. You could go beyond, and say that with Bitcoin you can do much more than with gold, since you can send it over the internet without having to rely on third parties.
Activity: 239
Merit: 10
March 19, 2018, 11:47:44 PM
Well for me it is. Finding and buying gold is not quite easy for a normal and typical human being only people those who have luxurious and right knowledge about btc can buy it and also those people  who are using btc. Imagine that you are buying bitcoin, btc has a value of 8,500usd and that is very big and can buy a lot of stuff. And actually 1 gold bar is 1000usd and up, so in conclusion btc is much valuable than gold. So i can compare it to other.
Activity: 252
March 19, 2018, 11:46:08 PM
For me, Bitcoin could be a digital gold. This belongs to the world of technology where this is use to earn. Nowadays, people use already the high tech rather than the traditional way of earnings or investing.
Activity: 336
Merit: 20
March 19, 2018, 11:28:29 PM
Yes, bitcoin is a digital gold. Nowadays people are investing more on bitcoin than gold.
Activity: 154
March 19, 2018, 11:08:04 PM
I think its no doubt bitcoin is the next digital cold. its price always increasing if you chek last 1 year graph then u see it why people called btc is the next digital gold last year 2017 this time btc price may be 1400$  and now the price 8 times high so its proven btc is the best asset.
Activity: 560
YOUC - www.youengine.io
March 19, 2018, 10:54:05 PM
It is a quite not right. gold value is stable, but bitcoin is not.
bitcoin need to be used by everyone, so the price of bitcoin will stable as gold.
Activity: 168
March 19, 2018, 09:18:51 PM
The billionaire venture capitalist is doubling down on BTC, likening the digital coin to gold’s online equal.

Thiel touts the No. 1 cryptocurrency for its size and its ability to compete with gold as a safe haven, saying at the Economic Club of New York:

“I would be long bitcoin, and neutral to skeptical of just about everything else at this point with a few possible exceptions. There will be one online equivalent to gold, and the one you’d bet on would be the biggest,” said Thiel.

But with the exception of a few digital coins, Thiel remains neutral on the rest of the cryptocurrency pack. He didn’t dismiss the possibility that bitcoin could be surpassed by Ethereum or other altcoins that prey on the leading cryptocurrency’s weaknesses, but bitcoin’s strength is in its size.

Bitcoin controls more than 40% of cryptocurrency market cap compared to almost one-fifth for Ethereum, as per Coin Market Cap data cited in CNBC.

I can considered bitcoin as diamond. Value of it is always on top but of course,  there are times that it's fluctuated.  But many people became successful on it.  Very friendly user and convenient in many ways.  Good investment.
Activity: 372
Merit: 12
March 19, 2018, 08:53:44 PM
Yes it can be part bitcoin as a digital gold because of its value in this era but although it is closely to inclusive value with a digital gold, we cannot say on how bitcoin can survive the stability like gold because bitcoin is more volatile value than gold and gold is the ancient valuable things in this planet until now gold popularity not yet end no one can say that it will be end. I don't think so bitcoin can compete the stability, popularity and the valuable that will long last.
Activity: 350
March 19, 2018, 08:53:24 PM
There are few certain cases to be considered and cannot. Rare, Valuable, minable & Tradable are among of keywords they maybe in common. However, they're not when it comes to Volatility & Security though maybe because, Gold is centralized and backed by many assets and fully supported by any institutions. Unlike this Decentralized Bitcoin, a virtual currency on its norm.
Activity: 196
Merit: 103
March 19, 2018, 08:51:18 PM
No its not. Bitcoin is much more valuable than gold. Gold are mine-able without definite supply. Which means the more gold miners, The more gold will be there available in the market. Bitcoin is different, It has a fixed quantity of 21 million and nothing more after that. Bitcoin is not a digital gold but a storage of great wealth which enables a person to transfer instantly without intervention of 3rd party.  
Activity: 100
March 19, 2018, 08:41:19 PM
Bitcoin is the first crypto currency created and bitcoin is always king in the world of cryptocurrency, and ethereum is also a very good coin, maybe one day ethereum can replace bitcoin, I believe it.
Activity: 226
March 19, 2018, 08:38:29 PM
In my opinion Bitcoin can not be called digital gold because the price of gold does not fall. The price of gold continues to rise and there is no risk of falling its price. Bitcoin has a period of ups and downs so people who are investors can lose. But bitcoin is appreciated if it is only used in the future as it benefits the real world

#Datarius

Well i think so, but i also believe that it is really considerable as a digital gold. Because if we really have now bitcoin we can really have more fiat if we are going to make a conversion on it. So then if we speak about profit bitcoin is now really profitable and it's value is considerable as gold.
Pages:
Jump to: