Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin now the biggest bubble of all time? - page 22. (Read 2971 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 255
The biggest difference is that bitcoin does in fact have an utility while Tulips do not, bitcoin can be used as a currency, yes I know that bitcoin is not the best currency when it comes to the fees but you can use it that way and second it allows you something that did not existed before, you can use a medium of exchange not controlled by governments and that is very valuable in itself.

The purpose of bitcoin is this, but its not fulfilling it at the moment. We are not even using it when we want to send money to someone as a loan or gift. The fees are too high, even for those transactions.
But the potential is there and that is the key that is something tulips will never be able to do as far as I know tulips were never used as a currency just as an asset to speculate and bitcoin was used as a currency before it reached these high prices and if the solution of the devs works out then there is a big chance we are going to be ale to use bitcoin as a currency once again.
Activity: 952
Merit: 516
I would still believe that bitcoin today would be the biggest buy gain. Unlike from the other bubble your pertaining to, they are being dump because products for being replace by the innovation. Bitcoin still improving its platform to continue its services for its users that why I think it will still improve in the future.

I don't know what you are talking about or smoking but bitcoin needs to improve much more and it's not doing it. Have you seen transaction fees and speeds? Not good at all, there is really no point in using bitcoins right now unless you are speculating. A coin that is only supported by speculation wont last long.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006
Black Panther
Bitcoin is future of money. Day by day popularity and activities of bitcoin is increasing. Many people every day engaged in Bitcoin. Though bitcoin price is unpredictable but value is very good. We say it bubble and hope price will continuously rising.

Bitcoin is unique investment so it's worth for who seek a long term profit.
Just take a look on bitcoin value , $ 15000++ , I knew bitcoin when it still $ 400 , 3 years ago so yeah... this year is the most insane change for bitcoin !
Activity: 1260
Merit: 500
In CryptoEnergy we trust
To some extent it is a bubble. because of rapid promoting and therefore also growth of a course. But nevertheless coins can carry out work - to do money transfers. blokchein it as book of account. and it is a minimum that they can.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 557
Bitcoin is future of money. Day by day popularity and activities of bitcoin is increasing. Many people every day engaged in Bitcoin. Though bitcoin price is unpredictable but value is very good. We say it bubble and hope price will continuously rising.

It is gaining momentum and adoption is also increasing. and If Btc would have being the bubble than it would have not even stayed to 17k for so long and would have fallen very quickly and crashed till it reaches 0. It has not happened and may not happen also. Yes, there would be some correction happening due to which it may fall to some extent but does not mean it is bubble just because it has rose so much. It does have some of the best utility due to which it demands a premium.

Activity: 812
Merit: 500
popularity raste, the price grows...it becomes more and more real...it can not be a bubble..only detractors can think so
Activity: 1750
Merit: 267
Activity: 171
Merit: 10
Now we can clearly see how investors transfer their funds from bitcoin to altcoyins. The cost of bitcoin remains unchanged for a week, and the price of BCH and other cryptocurrencies is rising rapidly.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
I think there's a possibility that maybe it isn't a bubble. I deal with this conversation at work alot. Who knows at this point.

As many others have said on this forum. Altcoins are more likely to be used the future. Altcoin projects generally iron out the issues that we experience with Bitcoin making them more practical.

So maybe it is a bubble? I still don't think btc's value will ever reach zero.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
"I think this [digital currency] will be the biggest 'bubble' in our lifetime.

Activity: 406
Merit: 101
The Dutch Tulip Mania is one of the most famous bubbles of all time, for the scale of the bubble, the scale of the collapse, and probably including the seemingly obvious nature of the bubble considering the extremely limited functional utility of tulips. Bitcoin has now surpassed the multiples of value appreciation at the height of the Tulip Bubble (and by a wide margin). While this itself is not proof that Bitcoin is a bubble or that a collapse is imminent, it's worth considering if there's a lot more risk buying at this price (currently bouncing around $17,000) than anyone on these boards seems willing or able to recognize.

Thoughts?
He basically was a bubble before, only it was not so noticeable, but now even more so. The price here was only 20k and already watch 16k, quite a big race. And no one can say what will happen in a day, a week, a month.
Activity: 672
Merit: 127
I would still believe that bitcoin today would be the biggest buy gain. Unlike from the other bubble your pertaining to, they are being dump because products for being replace by the innovation. Bitcoin still improving its platform to continue its services for its users that why I think it will still improve in the future.
Activity: 61
Merit: 0
It might be so say gold was also a bubble but still in the case of gold the price didn't rise by such a high percentage in such a short time.

There were surely situations like this in past the only difference is btc is the most famous one among all the bubbles occured in past. A part of me still feels this might not burst anytime soon, there are chances during new year or even Christmas but after these it's gonna grow more.

To think that bitcoin right now is still going up. The fear of others that bitcoin is just a bubble can't be taken away. If you are scared of bitcoin is just a bubble or not, you should not invest in it.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
It might be so say gold was also a bubble but still in the case of gold the price didn't rise by such a high percentage in such a short time.

There were surely situations like this in past the only difference is btc is the most famous one among all the bubbles occured in past. A part of me still feels this might not burst anytime soon, there are chances during new year or even Christmas but after these it's gonna grow more.
Activity: 588
Merit: 257
You cannot call bitcoin as a bubble until it bursts. Bitcoin is constantly growing since its birth.  It a currency as well as a good asset. There were many bubbles in the history like Tech bubble, South sea bubble, Mississippi bubble, I.T.bubble or even real estate bubble. In all these cases prices traveled only in one direction firstly upwards and the downwards. Bitcoin currency is not like that, it is a volatile currency, it is moving in both directions. After every considerable rise there is a downfall/profit booking. Bitcoin have all the qualities of a good currency.
Activity: 308
I don't think so.Bitcoin investors are little bit cautious  and also being year end and holiday season coming up,many are selling (booking profit),so bitcoin is quite stable and not spiking/volatile as we have seen in last few weeks.But it will surely go up in the new year.Right time to buy on dips and hold for long term
Activity: 714
Merit: 114
this bubble/tulip thing has been discussed all the time and i can still stay that bitcoin is not like that because bitcoin is still here alive and kicking.

I do think Bitcoin is the biggest bubble of all time, just check the price chart. Yesterday it's 19k and boom , one day it's now 16k.

i think that is called a crash and not a bubble because a bubble is something that pops out and never comeback again but on our case now bitcoin has still recovering and starting to move up again.

but overall bubble or not, i will still accept if what will the outcome of bitcoin becase there were still many coins out there that we can use as an alternative option if bitcoin will dissapear completely  and pops out of thin air.
Activity: 462
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I do not think Bitcoin is a balloon, but people are thinking differently in the face of Bitcoin's influence. They are trying to evil Bitcoin because they have never seen such a currency. Actually, those who are experienced in the stock market do not think like that. Stockbrokers have more logical ideas.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
Spanish Translator
I think that the BTC is not something like the Tulip, they really have a great value and is definitely a disruptive coin/technology. However, it´s pretty hard to know if the current value is too high or too low because on the one hand, the recent big raise in the valuation of bitcoin could be due to many people who is buying BTC wishing to get riches and without any interest in the use of the coin (like a bubble, so the real price could be lower). But on the another hand, everyday it´s being adopted for more people and industries that let us dream with a BTC with a higher valuation. So the only thing that we can do is wait and see if it was the biggest bubble or the greatest investment opportunity of all time.
Activity: 387
Merit: 11
Bitcoin is a revolutionary digital currency. It's rise has been unprecedented. It is also a very volatile currency. No other bubble can match that of bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: