Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin part of the coming mark of the beast? - page 7. (Read 7490 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
I guess for clarification:

Are barcodes used to buy and sell?

Do they have a distinct pattern with numbers that appear to "by chance" match the 6 that appears in the second half of all barcodes?

Then do all barcodes have a pattern of 6,6,6 on them?  

Yes. No. No.

However, today you have given me a revelation!  It is a revelation to me that anyone could infer 2,000 year old mysticism from something as harmless as a product bar code, and worse, allow that belief to affect their life. Amazing.
vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Sshh this is a conspiracy theory

No, it is called Universal Product Code or UPC barcode and was developed in 1973.
vip
And I am aware that the pattern for the 6 in the first half of the bar-code is different than the 6 in the second half.  But there are still three unaccounted lines without numbers on barcodes.  You can justify this however you want.

I am not justifying anything. I am stating facts and demonstrating that your belief is based on a wrong interpretation of how the bar code works. I have already show what is the purpose of  "three unaccounted lines without numbers". Your incredulity is not going to change how the bar codes works.

I personally think it is pretty cool that the Bible foretells that there will be a number of any kind used to buy and sell.  This would have been beyond anyone's understanding back then.  Only God could have know this.

It seems is still beyond your understanding right now...

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
I guess for clarification:

Are barcodes used to buy and sell?

Do they have a distinct pattern with numbers that appear to "by chance" match the 6 that appears in the second half of all barcodes?

Then do all barcodes have a pattern of 6,6,6 on them? 

legendary
Sure you can say "It is not actually numbers.  Those lines don't mean anything" and so on.  But I personally think it is pretty crazy that when John wrote the book of Revelation and foretold that there would be a number that needed to be "calculated" that had man's number 666 in it to buy and sell that we actually do use a mark that has a number that could be "calculated" that has 666 embedded in it.  Call it random chance if you want.  You have the free will to do that.  I think that perhaps it is something that takes Spiritual insight to see anyways.

There is no number there to be "calculated". How many times I have to repeat this to you understand that? That bars are not there by "random chance", they are there because it was designed to be there! Without that bars it would be impossible to use the bar code without a high rate of reading errors.

From Revelation: "This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast."

Wisdom and insight?  This is something only God can give.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Maybe the person designing the barcode did it just to mess with Christian-nutjobs small brains.

Excellent troll..
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
Right hand or forehead?  BTC symbol?

Lol!  So much for the plan to stop drinking, eh?

legendary
100 satoshis -> ISO code
Those three double-bars are registration marks, just as QR codes have three squares. They are so readers can locate the image properly. They do not have any numeric value.

Sure.  There is no "numeric value."  However, are the lines there?  Those lines are the one thing that is uniform on all of the barcodes in the world. ...  Call it random if you want. ...

Of course they are common to all bar codes - they are so that readers can find the bar codes! All QR codes have 3-squares. So they can be found. Did I say random? I am saying the exact opposite. The bars are designed to be read in all conditions, on a pack of frozen peas, whatever.

Anyway, the double bar registration marks are more like "3" than anything else (or maybe a "7", or maybe "8").

vip
Sure you can say "It is not actually numbers.  Those lines don't mean anything" and so on.  But I personally think it is pretty crazy that when John wrote the book of Revelation and foretold that there would be a number that needed to be "calculated" that had man's number 666 in it to buy and sell that we actually do use a mark that has a number that could be "calculated" that has 666 embedded in it.  Call it random chance if you want.  You have the free will to do that.  I think that perhaps it is something that takes Spiritual insight to see anyways.

There is no number there to be "calculated". How many times I have to repeat this to you understand that? That bars are not there by "random chance", they are there because it was designed to be there! Without that bars it would be impossible to use the bar code without a high rate of reading errors.

Also, Revelation says that the number needs to be "calculated."  This implies it will not be obvious but it is more of a puzzle to be deciphered.  All the more reason that it is not obvious sixes but just hidden ones in the form of "spacers."

A bar code is not a puzzle and any calculation involved in the scanning process is just there to validate the code. There is not hidden number there because that bars do not represent numbers. Let me repeat to you. THAT BARS DO NOT REPRESENT ANY NUMBER!

Please, stop to spread misinformation.
legendary
Those three double-bars are registration marks, just as QR codes have three squares. They are so readers can locate the image properly. They do not have any numeric value.

Sure.  There is no "numeric value."  However, are the lines there?  Those lines are the one thing that is uniform on all of the barcodes in the world. If we hold several barcodes next to each other and ask the question, "What is the one thing these all have in common?"  What would the answer be?  There would be a distinct pattern.  There would be two lines in the front, middle and the end that are identical.  If every person had to put one of these on their hands or foreheads to buy or sell what would be the one thing that they all had in common?  It would be this pattern.  Call it random if you want.  Pretend that the lines do not match the "6" in the second half of barcodes if you want.  You have that right but like the saying goes, I think if it "looks like a duck, walks like a duck, acts like a duck.  It is a duck."

Also, Revelation says that the number needs to be "calculated."  This implies it will not be obvious but it is more of a puzzle to be deciphered.  All the more reason that it is not obvious sixes but just hidden ones in the form of "spacers."

legendary

That are not numbers in case you do not know anything about bar codes. That are bars without any numeric value to allow the scanner determine the geometric coherence of the bar code. Therefore, the image you post is presenting a wrong interpretation of what that means in a bar code.

http://www.adams1.com/upccode.html

The two six-digit patterns are surrounded by left, center and right guard patterns. The left six digits use odd parity encodation while the right six digits use even parity encodation.

(...)

A typical UPC Version A symbol has center guard bars in the center of the symbol which are longer than the other bars. This divides the symbol into a right and left half. This division allows the symbol to scan in any orientation. The moving beam laser bar code reader in grocery stores produces orthogonal scanning beams either in a cross, starburst, or figure-eight. At least one beam will then pass through each half of the symbol, since the symbol's height is at least equal to half of the length of the symbol.

http://www.barcoding.com/upc/

Ooops. Look like not all number 6 use the same pattern...

Who's conspiracy theory? Satan's?
legendary
100 satoshis -> ISO code
But there are still three unaccounted lines without numbers on barcodes.

Those three double-bars are registration marks (finder symbols), just as QR codes have three squares. They are so readers can locate the image properly. They do not have any numeric value.

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

That are not numbers in case you do not know anything about bar codes. That are bars without any numeric value to allow the scanner determine the geometric coherence of the bar code. Therefore, the image you post is presenting a wrong interpretation of what that means in a bar code.

The two six-digit patterns are surrounded by left, center and right guard patterns. The left six digits use odd parity encodation while the right six digits use even parity encodation.

(...)

A typical UPC Version A symbol has center guard bars in the center of the symbol which are longer than the other bars. This divides the symbol into a right and left half. This division allows the symbol to scan in any orientation. The moving beam laser bar code reader in grocery stores produces orthogonal scanning beams either in a cross, starburst, or figure-eight. At least one beam will then pass through each half of the symbol, since the symbol's height is at least equal to half of the length of the symbol.

legendary

(...)

Sure you can say "It is not actually numbers.  Those lines don't mean anything" and so on.  But I personally think it is pretty crazy that when John wrote the book of Revelation and foretold that there would be a number that needed to be "calculated" that had man's number 666 in it to buy and sell that we actually do use a mark that has a number that could be "calculated" that has what looks like 666 embedded in it.  Call it random chance if you want.  You have the free will to do that.  I think that perhaps it is something that takes Spiritual insight to see anyways.  There will even be some people that call themselves "Christians" that will have absolutely no problem taking a bar code on their hand or forehead because it is "just a barcode" and there is no 666 on it they will say, but it is foolish to think that everyone will walk around with an obvious and large 666 on their hands.  That makes no sense.  

Here is the verse in Revelation 13 for reference:

16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.[e] That number is 666.

And I am aware that the pattern for the 6 in the first half of the bar-code is different than the 6 in the second half.  But there are still three unaccounted lines without numbers on barcodes.  You can justify this however you want.  I personally think it is pretty cool that the Bible foretells that there will be a number of any kind used to buy and sell.  This would have been beyond anyone's understanding back then.  Only God could have know this.  
vip

(...)

Activity: 279
Merit: 100
Yeap... and this is how someone can have a serious conversation about bitcoin and the devil.  Grin
"Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God."
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
Religion = what came and went was just an illusion

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Coolness: ∞
Perhaps.  I think that because of the anonymity of BTC governments may run into problems taxing the use of it and therefore some ruler (aka anti-christ) will come up with the brilliant "solution" and require all people on earth to have a tattoo on their hand or forehead so that the buying and selling of all goods can be traced and taxed.  I guess some will say that the good news is that there will finally be a "flat tax" in place! The bad news is that this ruler, as the Bible foretells, will say he is all for "peace" and the good of humanity but he will wage a war on Christians.  Of course much of the world will rejoice in this, as they already do when Christians are "put in their place."  It is just the spirit of the anti-christ that is already at work among us.

As a Christian I am not afraid of BTC and think it is wise to have to have some.  Of course I will never take a mark on my hand to buy and sell.  They will have to kill me first.  But I do value the anonymity.  It could be valuable someday.

Also, I am pretty sure it will be a bar-code.  Almost all nations already have scanners in place that can read bar codes.  All bar-codes have a "666" hidden in them in that there are identical lines in the front, middle and end without a "number" on them but they coincide with what a "6" looks like.  Just google bar-code 666 and you can research this.

You are awesome! AMEN!

Bitcoin isn't anonymous.

Governments WILL force Bitcoin users to "register" the Bitcoin addresses they use.

Any Bitcoin addresses not registered will be monitored and probably traced to the source.

You can call it mark of the beast, I call it security.

Also, the bible has been translated too many times for it to have ANY credibility what so ever.

Anyone who "believes in" stuff in the bible hasn't done any proper research on how it came into existence.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
See here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/religious-beliefs-on-bitcoin-211865

already discussed.

Also fantasy and Sci-Fi belongs into Off-Topic

Thanks but the Bible is the most sold NONFICTION book ever, wow with all the haters maybe I am on to something.. weird..

I hate to be the anti-religious ass around here, but I had to snicker at that comment.

In any case, if Bitcoin interferes with your religious views, your best bet is to stay away from it.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Perhaps.  I think that because of the anonymity of BTC governments may run into problems taxing the use of it and therefore some ruler (aka anti-christ) will come up with the brilliant "solution" and require all people on earth to have a tattoo on their hand or forehead so that the buying and selling of all goods can be traced and taxed.  I guess some will say that the good news is that there will finally be a "flat tax" in place! The bad news is that this ruler, as the Bible foretells, will say he is all for "peace" and the good of humanity but he will wage a war on Christians.  Of course much of the world will rejoice in this, as they already do when Christians are "put in their place."  It is just the spirit of the anti-christ that is already at work among us.

As a Christian I am not afraid of BTC and think it is wise to have to have some.  Of course I will never take a mark on my hand to buy and sell.  They will have to kill me first.  But I do value the anonymity.  It could be valuable someday.

Also, I am pretty sure it will be a bar-code.  Almost all nations already have scanners in place that can read bar codes.  All bar-codes have a "666" hidden in them in that there are identical lines in the front, middle and end without a "number" on them but they coincide with what a "6" looks like.  Just google bar-code 666 and you can research this.

You are awesome! AMEN!
Pages:
Jump to: