Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin really risky as they say? - page 2. (Read 1376 times)

legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1086
Free Bitcoins Every Hour!
November 16, 2023, 05:10:11 PM
Bitcoin is risky but less than other crypto related coins.
Yep. I think we all agree with this. The risk of Bitcoin investment is less that the risk of altcoins investment. Bitcoin remains the number 1 crypto coin and always survive for many years, meanwhile altcoins can change its positions in CMC and even can disappear due to various cases. There are already many altcoins delisted from exchanges.

Bitcoin as an investment for one gives you financial freedom, as no government or bank handles your transactions.
But if the government bans Bitcoin, we have no chance to invest or trade in Bitcoin. I think the government still has a crucial role. We also need banks to convert Bitcoin to fiats. We send fiats to bank accounts, right? I don't think we can have 100% financial freedom.

You can monitor investment knowledge through various searches.
What do you mean?
Do we need to monitor investment knowledge?  Huh

Activity: 854
Merit: 262
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
November 14, 2023, 02:43:47 PM
Bitcoin is risky but less than other crypto related coins. Different people may have different opinions. Bitcoin as an investment for one gives you financial freedom, as no government or bank handles your transactions. There are a number of ways to invest in Bitcoin. You can use a bitcoin investment platform. You can monitor investment knowledge through various searches. It is important to be careful when investing in Bitcoin. Good understanding of investment principles and being careful when selling for profit. Any investment involves risk and investing in Bitcoin can change at any time.
The most important thing we need to understand is that investing in financial market can be very risky. Crypto or forex trading can be very risky if we enter the market to trade without any skill or haven't learnt the skill of trading. People enter I to trading or cryptocurrency to make money and if we don't understanding how it works very well,  we might be a loser and keep telling people that crypto is not worth it. This is because we filed to listen and keep to investment rules which would have given us a better profits than loses.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 126
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
November 14, 2023, 01:30:17 PM
This is the kind of good news we want to be hearing from newbies that acquired BTC knowledge from this platform and, there is no way you can stay in this platform and still afraid of risk because, once you can handle the risk in your hodling for the bull run to come before you can sell to take some nice profits from the market.

If anybody tell you that there is no risk in BTC, the person is not telling you the truth because you can invest your money in BTC hoping that the price will increase in one year before you can sell, but it can add another one year and some months before you can see the real bull that will sweet your mind, and if you are not good in saving your money, it can make you miss the next bear.

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1228
November 14, 2023, 01:02:50 PM
-snip-
Long-term investments with quite a lot of capital require good thinking and strategy so that the investment is not in vain.
yes they have to use money that won't be used for 5 years and it has to stay consistent. It's not just about investment that you have to think carefully about. You also need to think about wallet security issues, because long-term investment will take quite a long time, so you have to use a wallet that you can control yourself and without other people's interference. Hardware wallets can be a good solution for long-term investments without fear of loss.
Whatever investment budget you have - planning and everything that supports it needs to be considered. I agree that a truly secure wallet is one recommendation for any investor - but not all large investors keep their assets in a wallet that gives them full custody. Some of them tend to choose centralized exchanges to store assets - but I never recommend that to anyone if they can't afford the risk.

For long term investments - they need really good planning. They need a safe wallet and a sufficient reserve budget - of course this is so that they don't change their plans when something makes them need money urgently.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1076
zknodes.org
November 14, 2023, 12:08:16 PM
Buy Bitcoin hold for five years, then come back and tell us if you lost or not. The problem many people have is buying Bitcoin with money they have urgent need of. You are not supposed to put in money that will make you worried into Bitcoin. Any money you cannot leave for five years is not supposed to be invested into Bitcoin, this is my mindset and it is what has helped me in this journey. Find time to go through @JayJuanGee Bitcoin investment idea so you understand some ways to approach Bitcoin investment for long term gains.

Bitcoin is mainly risky for those treating it as gambling without giving enough time for the investment to mature
Long-term investments with quite a lot of capital require good thinking and strategy so that the investment is not in vain.
yes they have to use money that won't be used for 5 years and it has to stay consistent. It's not just about investment that you have to think carefully about. You also need to think about wallet security issues, because long-term investment will take quite a long time, so you have to use a wallet that you can control yourself and without other people's interference. Hardware wallets can be a good solution for long-term investments without fear of loss.
Activity: 322
Merit: 274
Baba God Noni
November 14, 2023, 04:14:29 AM
It's true Bitcoin is risky. Because if you invest in it wrong time you have to face losses. If you do proper analysis of market then you have a great chance to get a good profit. People say Bitcoin is risky because if you don't do the proper analysis of market. If you invest in the very bearish season of Bitcoin. That's the season  when the price of Bitcoin drop. If you investing for the bearish season after that you have to face losses. If you invest in proper time it can't is not too much risky but you are investing crypto market that's why it's always risk in your fund.
Buy Bitcoin hold for five years, then come back and tell us if you lost or not. The problem many people have is buying Bitcoin with money they have urgent need of. You are not supposed to put in money that will make you worried into Bitcoin. Any money you cannot leave for five years is not supposed to be invested into Bitcoin, this is my mindset and it is what has helped me in this journey. Find time to go through @JayJuanGee Bitcoin investment idea so you understand some ways to approach Bitcoin investment for long term gains.

Bitcoin is mainly risky for those treating it as gambling without giving enough time for the investment to mature
I agree with you @adultcrypto, bitcoin is risky for short term investors, who take bitcoin to be a quick profit scheme. To overcome the risk in bitcoin, you must invest in a long term investment, let's say maybe 4-10yrs and above, with regular DCA weekly or monthly to increase your investment because the higher the size of your portfolio with timeline, the higher your profit.

An investment is not something that you buy and sell, buy and sell for profit. it means that you are trader, an investment should be left to grow and increase in size over a long period of time, so that the profit can compound and turn out big, so that when you take profit the investment still ongoing to generate more profit with time again. Patience and discipline os what we need to be a good hodler. Have your emergency funds and your basic needs funds always available so that you don't sell your bitcoin because of lack of fiat.
Activity: 490
Merit: 309
Bitcoin Halving Year 🎗️🎭
November 13, 2023, 10:18:45 PM
People who call bitcoin risky and a scam basically don't believe in crypto. Those people never see Bitcoin as a positive, always in a negative scheme. However we know Bitcoin gives people financial freedom, which is why people make good money investing in Bitcoin. When a person learns about Bitcoin and has a complete understanding of cryptocurrency and has an understanding of trading and investing, he will definitely be financially stable. And bitcoin investment is never risky but altcoin investment is risky so bitcoin is undoubtedly better investment. And Bitcoin short-term investment is very less profitable, but long-term Bitcoin investment plan is good and profitable.
Activity: 224
Merit: 24
November 13, 2023, 08:51:42 AM
When I started this Bitcoin journey, I was convinced that it wouldn't be that difficult, just basic terms and Investment strategies and you're good to go. But whenever people spoke about it or I made a research on it, the first thing I usually saw or heard was how risky it is. Not that i have any Bitcoin or experience in investment like them OG's and experts cause I'm still at the first phase of this journey but I believe knowledge goes a long way in whatever investments you want to go into. Nothing is without risk, real estate, crypto, down to even breathing and eating, All these are risky. So, learning about it would really help you. Learning, teaching others about it and then trying it out knowing fully well that there's a probability of failing.

I believe after going through about 5 to 10 different experiences with something, you'd get the hang of it and would have fully adjusted.
Merit: 250
November 12, 2023, 06:34:01 AM
It's true Bitcoin is risky. Because if you invest in it wrong time you have to face losses. If you do proper analysis of market then you have a great chance to get a good profit. People say Bitcoin is risky because if you don't do the proper analysis of market. If you invest in the very bearish season of Bitcoin. That's the season  when the price of Bitcoin drop. If you investing for the bearish season after that you have to face losses. If you invest in proper time it can't is not too much risky but you are investing crypto market that's why it's always risk in your fund.

Activity: 686
Merit: 403
November 12, 2023, 04:18:54 AM
Before you get involve and invest your money into anything you must first know everything about it, that's the case with Bitcoin, if you don't like learning then Bitcoin is not for someone like you, this is where the risky aspect of Bitcoin is born, you lack every knowledge and you aren't trying to seek for knowledge either, so of cos, you are at risk if you still proceed with investing in Bitcoin.

For someone who understand Bitcoin they are not exposed to any risks, they know the right things to do about Bitcoin and they know how to safe their wallet from thieves online, someone who don't want to learn won't have the ideas needed and so they will lost their Bitcoin.

Lack of knowledge is why people believe that Bitcoin is risky, to them, once Bitcoin starts to dump it's over, they wont see opportunity present to them by the dump, only those who understands Bitcoin will know that it's an opportunity to buy, not those that refuse to learn anything about Bitcoin.
Activity: 238
Merit: 152
Duelbits.com
November 12, 2023, 01:56:08 AM
It's very good you have been more aware now than you have been before after learn much already from the platform, but it's important that you also understand that risk applies to almost every area of life, in business and our daily activities, there's always a risk, but how much of a risk you want to take is very much dependent on you, Bitcoin investment is just as risky as doing normal business or investment on a normal day but here you choose your risk according to your risk appetite. You don't have to be reckless or carefree with your investment style here because you are aware it's a good form of investment, you make sure to invest with understanding by get enough of needed education about investing especially in Bitcoin.
Activity: 210
Merit: 39
November 11, 2023, 02:59:28 PM
Bitcoin is risky but less than other crypto related coins. Different people may have different opinions. Bitcoin as an investment for one gives you financial freedom, as no government or bank handles your transactions. There are a number of ways to invest in Bitcoin. You can use a bitcoin investment platform. You can monitor investment knowledge through various searches. It is important to be careful when investing in Bitcoin. Good understanding of investment principles and being careful when selling for profit. Any investment involves risk and investing in Bitcoin can change at any time.
Merit: 26
Be Happy ☺️
October 29, 2023, 06:34:10 AM
Activity: 588
Merit: 119
Epsiloan Protocol
October 29, 2023, 06:12:27 AM
Bitcoin isn't that risky if purchased and kept for long term. The only problem associated with this is where your Bitcoin is been kept.
It should not be stored on the exchange because it will have the same risk, sorry when the exchange has problems or bankruptcy then your assets cannot be withdrawn, maybe some have understood to avoid exchanges as asset storage.

It is safer to choose a hardware wallet to store long-term BTC, and store it well, especially the seed phrase.
Use hot wallets as short-term, because these wallets are also actually vulnerable to hacking if your computer is really compromised, this has happened a lot here.

IMO, the most secure way is a hardware wallet.

I really support the use of hardware wallet when it ces to keeping of Bitcoin for long term purpose. Before I do use exchange to store my crypto saving but thanks to the forum, in which made me know the disadvantages of saving ones Bitcoin there.
Activity: 252
Merit: 157
October 19, 2023, 06:12:49 PM
Bitcoin has never been risky but seems risky to those who don't know about Bitcoin and have no knowledge of how to use Bitcoin. 
In every investment there is always a risk, so however irrespective of how potential and transparent Bitcoin is, there is always a risk especially for those beginners that prefers an easy way instead of actually learning what they are supposed to before venturing into it.

In this case the risk involve is that there is a likelihood that the beginner could end up losing his secret phrases or panicking if they hear a bad speculation about Bitcoin and resulting to selling off there Bitcoin on discounted rate.
Activity: 644
Merit: 544
October 19, 2023, 01:38:34 PM
Generally, most people sees Bitcoin as being of high risk , meanwhile, others tend to disagree with the fact of being risky.

Whether Bitcoin is a high-risk investment or not, I don't expect everyone to view it  in one way,because I think that everyone will have a different perspective on Bitcoin depending on their level of expertise if we have a diverse group of individuals. To be sure, I understand that there is danger associated with Bitcoin because of its volatile nature, but I didn't think it carried the same level of risk as others seemed to. After all, no business is risk-free.  Knowing how much you can afford to lose in bitcoin, protecting it with robust security, and knowing when to buy and sell it are all important skills for when you have the knowledge to handle those risks

This forum has helped me very extensively on different levels, knowing when to buy, how to buy and wallet much safer to store my investments.
Being on this forum has helped me a lot I now know how not to fall for scams and by foolishly Linking my investment wallet for Airdrops or giveaways.
This is believing... Knowledge is wealth

Yes, the forum has been really beneficial to the individuals here, helping them in various ways. Without the forum's assistance, I think many users would find it difficult to connect with reliable information, which may easily result in some people losing their money. It should be different stories from different people about their Bitcoin because of the ways scammers are coming up with different tactics, but with the help of the forum, there is a reduction in these cases if some people are not getting the information here easier with some good advice from other members.
Activity: 392
Merit: 197
October 19, 2023, 11:51:13 AM
People who don't know about Bitcoin or who are not involved with Bitcoin say that Bitcoin is too risky. We are involved with bitcoin and we are investing in bitcoin where we never think bitcoin is too risky. When I was new to bitcoin I didn't understand anything about bitcoin or investing but tried to learn about bitcoin from time to time and ever since I tried to learn about bitcoin I never once thought that bitcoin was more risky. Those who are calling Bitcoin risky will definitely change their opinion if they get involved with Bitcoin. Just like you have to get to know someone, you have to get involved with Bitcoin to get to know Bitcoin.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 329
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 19, 2023, 10:06:48 AM
How some people are talking about Bitcoin so far is not like that because some people invest in Bitcoin with money that they cannot afford to lose. we are all aware that Bitcoin carries risk, but still, we can compare it with other investments. Some investments are more risky than Bitcoin. But for me, I don't mind. Sometimes If you don't take a risk, you won't succeed.

What you say is correct, people who lose money investing in Bitcoin, it's all their fault, they think Bitcoin is the fastest way to make money, even though the people who make a profit investing in Bitcoin are those who use their cold money, not money they can't lose. the risk can be minimized to the smallest extent when the pressure we receive is small and we can experience this only if we invest in Bitcoin with cold money.
Activity: 412
Merit: 10
October 19, 2023, 10:03:44 AM
Generally, most people sees Bitcoin as being of high risk , meanwhile, others tend to disagree with the fact of being risky.
If they say Bitcoin is risky, you can ask them which investment has no risks. People with no knowledge about the sector will always spread lies or rumors. In most cases people don't know the difference between Bitcoin and altcoins they assume that cryptos are the same. Just like every other business, investing in Bitcoin has some level of risk. That is why it is important to invest only what you can live without or what you can bear if there is any loss. 

Risks are everywhere in crypto, not only in bitcoin, and these people are just not aware of the crypto what is inside the crypto, and how it behaves. Most users just see crypto from the outside and as we all know seeing something from the outer side can't give full information about that thing unless or until someone doesn't look at its inside and interior. One should check what is crypto and how one can deal with it. The conclusion is we should not even listen to them. We should just take opinions from these and do whatever we want and in what we have some benefits.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 338
October 19, 2023, 09:41:33 AM
Most of the time we just find out that Bitcoin investment is too risky when we already experienced getting hacked. Most of the time we appreciate how to value security when we already lose control of our wallet keys/password. Generally, most of us don't anticipate such a situation until the time we experience it. Because no matter what we say or spread awareness to the community, only a few people believe it while the majority just pass it by.

In fact, Bitcoin has been known not only for being a profitable investment but also because of its volatility and high-risk investment.
Pages:
Jump to: