Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin safer than banking? - page 20. (Read 3101 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 252
September 11, 2018, 09:15:48 AM
For me yes, Bitcoin is safer than bank but I'm not saying that bank is not a good things keep our money to them. It is just more like that in Bitcoin savings there is a probability were your amount of money could become x3 up to x10 or more depending on the price value of bitcoin when it goes up rapidly. And banks are requiring many documents while in bitcoin is not.
Activity: 644
Merit: 127
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 11, 2018, 09:00:44 AM
Reports have it that bank frauds still continue to happen despite of strict security measures being taken by the banks. Just between January to July 2018, just timeshare fraud alone had 1.155 reported cases. It's when you’re told you can go on a free holiday or get rich by joining an exclusive holiday club or timeshare programme, but you’re eventually forced to pay for it through small print in the contact. That is not to mention other types of fraud like identity theft etc.

This gets me thinking, is it safer to just have bitcoins, or cryptocurrencies for that matter since it's not regulated by banks? What do you think?

I dont think so, Banking may not be efficient as what can produce when if we invest in Bitcoin, but we can say that Bankhhasis secure way better than how deals with the anomalies and fraud regarding money and we should not be forgetful about how Banking becomes one of the prior ways how people used to save money from their hardwork for investments or even savings.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
September 11, 2018, 08:54:30 AM
I don't think so because bitcoin's risk is higher than any assets that you can have. It's volatility drove so many to invest on it last year when it rises drastically until it reached 20,000$ but is also the reason why so some people also hate it when their investment has decreased so much and even until now, the struggle of bitcoin continues.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
September 11, 2018, 07:49:44 AM
Banking is more safe as compared to bitcoin coz one can claim the lost money within the bank system even there are so many security switches in it. On thd flip side bitcoin is not safe as u can loose all ur credit if it got hacked and there is nothing to claim from.
Activity: 672
Merit: 12
September 11, 2018, 07:47:44 AM
both are not safe for people who are not aware of the importance of their secret password.  If you keep your password secret then no one will be able to cheat you. 
So my suggestion is whether it is banking or bitcoin keep your secret passward secret only or else no one can save you from cheaters.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
September 11, 2018, 07:17:06 AM
i dont know about it, but when i see this i see that bitcoin is used the blockchain system that we know have the high security even they don't use the human resources, and we can see that in the bank, they use the traditional system that still use the human resources to maintenace it, so the blockchain have the good side and bank have the good side too
Activity: 98
September 11, 2018, 07:12:56 AM
maybe yes if we look in terms of the security system that uses the blokchain system it will be very guaranteed from theft but what is doubtful if there is fraud there will be no party responsible because bitcoin cannot be controlled by the government or the monetary authority
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
September 11, 2018, 06:46:49 AM
Reports have it that bank frauds still continue to happen despite of strict security measures being taken by the banks. Just between January to July 2018, just timeshare fraud alone had 1.155 reported cases. It's when you’re told you can go on a free holiday or get rich by joining an exclusive holiday club or timeshare programme, but you’re eventually forced to pay for it through small print in the contact. That is not to mention other types of fraud like identity theft etc.

This gets me thinking, is it safer to just have bitcoins, or cryptocurrencies for that matter since it's not regulated by banks? What do you think?
I believe having Bitcoins stored in your wallets is safer than banking as long as you have all that is necessary to protect your wallets from hackers. You are quite sure that no one will just wake up one morning to make deductions from your account.
Activity: 728
Merit: 11
September 11, 2018, 06:28:12 AM
I don't think so. Bitcoin price is volatile now. It is hard to predict on it. Banking is a safe method. Though interest rate is lower than bitcoin. If you have good luck then you can get so much money by bitcoin otherwise bank is safer than bitcoin by thinking all the site.      
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
September 11, 2018, 06:27:22 AM

Banking does provide us with much better security because Banking has a system that makes us secure, because Bank verification includes all very personal information. But what I want is that the creation of an application of Blockchain technology in the banking system. This will make the Bank have a much more sophisticated, centralized system and certainly has a very high security standard. Government support is also very important because it can make this system implemented in an economic system in a country.
copper member
Activity: 34
Merit: 10
ICOHOLDER SUPPORT
September 11, 2018, 06:25:04 AM
It's hard to say which is safer, because there are flaws and shortcomings everywhere. In both cases, security measures have been taken, but nothing is perfect.
Activity: 280
Merit: 12
September 11, 2018, 06:22:02 AM
Reports have it that bank frauds still continue to happen despite of strict security measures being taken by the banks. Just between January to July 2018, just timeshare fraud alone had 1.155 reported cases. It's when you?re told you can go on a free holiday or get rich by joining an exclusive holiday club or timeshare programme, but you?re eventually forced to pay for it through small print in the contact. That is not to mention other types of fraud like identity theft etc.

I still thinks that banking is more safer than investing in Bitcoin because as we all know that price of bitcoin fluctuates every second

Bitcoin is for risk takers and go getters so we cannot compare it with the traditional banking system.
Activity: 4
September 11, 2018, 06:13:30 AM
Reports have it that bank frauds still continue to happen despite of strict security measures being taken by the banks. Just between January to July 2018, just timeshare fraud alone had 1.155 reported cases. It's when you?re told you can go on a free holiday or get rich by joining an exclusive holiday club or timeshare programme, but you?re eventually forced to pay for it through small print in the contact. That is not to mention other types of fraud like identity theft etc.

I still thinks that banking is more safer than investing in Bitcoin because as we all know that price of bitcoin fluctuates every second
brand new
Activity: 0
September 11, 2018, 06:01:25 AM
Of course, because bitcoin is based on blockchain technology. It makes bitcoin more realiable
Activity: 644
September 11, 2018, 06:04:48 AM

In my point of view. In banking your money there is a chances that you lost it because of identity theft, fraud and many more. We can not say that it is also safe to have a bitcoins because you can also lost and be hack inside the internet. Just like in banks there is also a pros and cons of storing bitcoin. There is also a lots of possible reasons to lost bitcoin.
Activity: 714
September 11, 2018, 06:03:11 AM
yes! it is because no one holds or controlls bitcoin , therfor no one will close it . not unlike to banks that they are controlled by people which means there is always a risk that a bank will shut down if the owner decides to pull of a scam but the posibility is only low because almost all banks are still up and running for almost a century . the only difference is that the money you put in bitcoin can always fluctuate from time to time which results for you to earn or loose .  

in banks the money  that you put is fix but you can only earn a verry little incentives annually .
Activity: 252
September 11, 2018, 05:56:55 AM
To date, I do not think that keeping my investments in bitcoins is safer than in a bank. Just because of the fact that Bitcoin is not the safest currency, many investors are afraid to invest in the cryptocurrency.
Activity: 113
September 11, 2018, 05:26:16 AM
Hm. I think it's a same, we must be careful if want safe bitcoin or money in the banking. But bitcoin had a blockchain, it's very impossible if want a hacked Grin
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
September 11, 2018, 05:14:39 AM
Banks is safer as long as you deposited you money to the most trusted and reputable banks in your place. Banks cannot be easily hacked because they spend lot of money just to hire the most IT experts and to buy the most advance cyber threat security so that our money will not be steal easily but even someone successfully hack the banks but still our money was already insured unlike Bitcoin in which lot of known exchanges are already hacked in spite of their defenses which is sometime i think it was an inside job and our Cryptos are not insured.
let's say it that the bitcoin is safer than the banking. but it is depend on your set up password if it is strong or not. we know thay the bitcoin have many benefit so many people attract in this thing. but also many people have trauma because the experience they've encounter. but the banking is 90% of security but they put interest on your money for keeping it.
Activity: 80
September 11, 2018, 05:10:10 AM
The fraud examples you stated was a result of being greedy and greediness is the main cause of being scammed either in banking system or with bitcoin. However,  to your post of which is safer between bitcoin and banking system. I wil said with bitcoin you are more safer and less prone to scam if you are careful in your dealings. Bitcoin gives you the opportunity to do your transactions without involving an external control or monetary policy as we have in banking system. Also, nobody can monitor your source of funds with bitcoin unlike banking system and you can't be charged unnecessarily when conducting transactions with bitcoin as it applies in banking system.
Pages:
Jump to: