Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin safer than banking? - page 16. (Read 3101 times)

Activity: 95
Merit: 0
September 12, 2018, 08:14:45 PM
It's depend upon you if you have Trust to BTC and other crypto currencies. It's the matter of self decisions if you rely to other you will not know it's safe or not. Maybe not just rely to the bad news that you read , just believe on your self and to the power of digital currencies.

yes your right it is still depends on us, where to invest, but i think the bank is more safer than the digital currencies, even though the increase or the interest in the banks are slow, admit it, it is safer, digital currencies are risky because there are a lot of scammer, we do not know they are, so we can be a victim anytime, we do not expect.
Activity: 532
Merit: 255
September 12, 2018, 07:46:19 PM
Reports have it that bank frauds still continue to happen despite of strict security measures being taken by the banks. Just between January to July 2018, just timeshare fraud alone had 1.155 reported cases. It's when you’re told you can go on a free holiday or get rich by joining an exclusive holiday club or timeshare programme, but you’re eventually forced to pay for it through small print in the contact. That is not to mention other types of fraud like identity theft etc.

This gets me thinking, is it safer to just have bitcoins, or cryptocurrencies for that matter since it's not regulated by banks? What do you think?

Well, i think the example you give isn't a really good one... Human stupidity is human stupidity wether you're using the traditional banking system or bitcoin.
If you're stupid enough to sign a legally binding timeshare contract, it doesn't matter if you have all your funds in a traditional FIAT bank account or HODL'ing BTC, you'll still be forced to pay up each and every month.

That being said: bitcoin is decentral, there is no central authority, and it's based upon time-tested cryptographic techniques. This means that, if you hold a traditional bank account, a judge can just sign a piece of paper with which the timeshare company can go to your bank and force them to wire your money to their account. In a BTC world, no piece of paper could ever take your BTC behind your back, you'd always have to make a transaction yourself OR you'd have to fork over your private key/seed phrase/HW wallet pin code. That being said: a judge will always have ways to force you to pay your debts... I'd rather pay a timeshare company their dues instead of going to prison.

The big difference lays in de decentralised part: if you use traditional banks, your account details are just a row in a centralised relational database managed by the banking industry. If they get a piece of paper signed by a judge, they can just edit, update or delete your record in their database (with our without your knowledge/aproval).

In the bitcoin world, nobody but you can spend your unspent outputs (unless they have your private keys).

I think what the OP asked has answered by mocacinno correctly because this is a fact. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies pure without being regulated by a third party or the authority that interferes. In its use, we don't need to worry because bitcoin's very safe compared to fiat.

When it comes to the safety, both hve risk.

Whatever action we do, basically there's a risk of each, and we cannot avoid it just like that.

There are points that it is safer when our money is in bank because bank is allowed all over the world while bitcoin is just starting to be legalized worldwide.

Of course throughout the world, because banks are always supervised by authorities, which can also function as financial relations between countries. But make no mistake, bitcoin's also the same it can be accepted by users all over the world in peer to peer.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
September 12, 2018, 07:29:44 PM
Reports have it that bank frauds still continue to happen despite of strict security measures being taken by the banks. Just between January to July 2018, just timeshare fraud alone had 1.155 reported cases. It's when you’re told you can go on a free holiday or get rich by joining an exclusive holiday club or timeshare programme, but you’re eventually forced to pay for it through small print in the contact. That is not to mention other types of fraud like identity theft etc.

This gets me thinking, is it safer to just have bitcoins, or cryptocurrencies for that matter since it's not regulated by banks? What do you think?

Well, i think the example you give isn't a really good one... Human stupidity is human stupidity wether you're using the traditional banking system or bitcoin.
If you're stupid enough to sign a legally binding timeshare contract, it doesn't matter if you have all your funds in a traditional FIAT bank account or HODL'ing BTC, you'll still be forced to pay up each and every month.

That being said: bitcoin is decentral, there is no central authority, and it's based upon time-tested cryptographic techniques. This means that, if you hold a traditional bank account, a judge can just sign a piece of paper with which the timeshare company can go to your bank and force them to wire your money to their account. In a BTC world, no piece of paper could ever take your BTC behind your back, you'd always have to make a transaction yourself OR you'd have to fork over your private key/seed phrase/HW wallet pin code. That being said: a judge will always have ways to force you to pay your debts... I'd rather pay a timeshare company their dues instead of going to prison.

The big difference lays in de decentralised part: if you use traditional banks, your account details are just a row in a centralised relational database managed by the banking industry. If they get a piece of paper signed by a judge, they can just edit, update or delete your record in their database (with our without your knowledge/aproval).

In the bitcoin world, nobody but you can spend your unspent outputs (unless they have your private keys).
Couldn't have said it any better. The traditional banking system is controlled/manipulated by people. Meaning, these people can do whatever they want with any account in their records. I always say that the people behind these banks are silent thieves because they use other people's money to gain so much! They are wolves in sheep's clothes! But apparently, people are still drawn into the banking system due to minimal options. This is where decentralised currencies come in. The beauty of being able to have full control of your own money without the intervention of banks or governments. But of course, risks will always be present. It's up to us to minimize those risks.
Activity: 182
September 12, 2018, 07:11:54 PM
I don't think so on the grounds that bitcoin's hazard is higher than any advantages that you can have. It's unpredictability drove such a significant number of to contribute on it a year ago when it rises definitely until the point when it achieved 20,000$ but on the other hand is the motivation behind why so a few people likewise loathe it when their venture has diminished so much and even as of recently, the battle of bitcoin proceeds.
Activity: 383
Merit: 100
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
September 12, 2018, 06:58:06 PM
Maybe for some reasons, bitcoin is safer. Take an example, if we decide to keep our money stored in banks with a third party, then there will always be a chance that our account gets levied. What this means is that governments will implement bail-in-policies which prop failing banks to go after bond holders. This is never going to happen with Bitcoin accounts since no is allowed to touch our money.
When it comes to the safety, both hve risk. There are points that it is safer when our money is in bank because bank is allowed all over the world while bitcoin is just starting to be legalized worldwide. On the other hand, bitcoin is safe too because there’s no third party involved.
Activity: 623
Merit: 251
September 12, 2018, 06:53:09 PM
Maybe for some reasons, bitcoin is safer. Take an example, if we decide to keep our money stored in banks with a third party, then there will always be a chance that our account gets levied. What this means is that governments will implement bail-in-policies which prop failing banks to go after bond holders. This is never going to happen with Bitcoin accounts since no is allowed to touch our money.
Activity: 490
September 12, 2018, 06:25:44 PM
Yes, it's true that bitcoin is safer than banks, for example, I want to send money to another country, with bitcoin only takes 5-10 minutes and when sending through the bank many processes must be completed and take days and the security is very bad.
Activity: 19
September 12, 2018, 06:17:07 PM
Although I like Bitcoin and cryptocurrency. But I still feel keeping money in the bank is safer. No much hacking at least.
Activity: 728
Merit: 48
September 12, 2018, 06:13:43 PM
In my opinion of course bitcoin is safer than bank, because we knowif we save money in bank, bank can still it, and there are many things like that, also our money is reduce and fiat will inflation, but if save money in bitcoin. no one can stell it, Also bitcoin prices always increase, no inflation and will give benefits in future. Bitcoin is future money
Activity: 560
Merit: 111
September 12, 2018, 05:33:02 PM
Bitcoin can not be arrested, confiscated, taxed, inflated.
Bitcoin definitely more safe than banking.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!
September 12, 2018, 05:25:39 PM

You can either be scammed by a crypto-related project swearing that all your money will be safe. They all say that if you invest in their mining equipment or their social media tokens you will get an ROI up to %5000 in half of a year. But that's not true - and many such projects have proved to be a scam.
Activity: 224
Merit: 5
September 12, 2018, 05:00:25 PM
It is becoming regulated on a lot of countries, and the centralization from some coins is already happening, so i would really doubt that it will be a non-decentralized currency in a near future (if it ever gets no regulated) so lets wait to see what happens.
Activity: 11
September 12, 2018, 04:29:56 PM
Yes, becouse its based on blockchain. Banks can be off at any moment, but millions of other peoples - cant.
Activity: 155
September 12, 2018, 04:14:34 PM
maybe in my opinion it's a good idea to save some of the money to bitcoin or invest in the crypto world, because the crypto world can make big money fields Grin
Activity: 266
Merit: 2
September 12, 2018, 04:11:28 PM
in all cases, bitcoin is safer than banks, for those that really knows what they are doing.
Activity: 420
Merit: 2
September 12, 2018, 04:04:58 PM
bitcoin is in no way safer, in fact, no financial structure is safe, everything is a risk. bitcoin seems to be more profitable.
Activity: 616
Merit: 263
September 12, 2018, 04:04:11 PM
I think in a sense, yes because the chances for a bank to go into bankruptcy is way lower than the chance of Bitcoin fluctuation causing money loss. At the same time, banks have very low interest rates compared to the amount crypto investment could generate.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
September 12, 2018, 03:56:25 PM
Bitcoin can be safer than banking when bitcoin users have a lot of knowledge about how to secure their bitcoin. If they do not know how then it can be ascertained that he/she will lose his bitcoin at a time.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!
September 12, 2018, 03:49:29 PM

If one can't thoroughly read a contract this means he is not competent enough to make ANY kind of a deal.
I would call such an individual a mentally retarded one if I wasn't aware of the persuading power of bank officials.
What I mean, banking is definitely not safer than dealing with crypto - in the latter case you can even more easily be scammed or hacked or whatever.
Activity: 410
September 12, 2018, 03:17:34 PM
I think, that in our time there is no at all nothing a safe)But between
 Bank and bitcoin, I choose bitcoin.Here at least the annual income is higher.I put the money in the Bank and on the exchange.The exchange has brought in contrast to the Bank a good income.Even though the course is racing.In the future, there will be a serious struggle between these areas.Banks are obsolete.We live in the digital age,so I think bitcoin is the future.
Pages:
Jump to: